Author

Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it? - page 683. (Read 1181208 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
all depends if you own an ammount above 300k dollars i guess you shouldnt invest it,just let the money work for you not the inverse... if lower than it well maybe some investment allowed to try some safe investments
Activity: 506
It is always better to invest. Gold is going down though. Best thing will be to invest in real-estate market of any developing nation. As long as they are developing, the prices will be going up. I believe in short-term investments though, low-risk and higher-returns chances.

it's not always better to invest. it is however more lucrative to invest rather than saving your money. i never found gold an interesting investment option.
Its better to invest but its better to save first then you can now invest your money so that you have an enough capital to invest.

That is the best thing to do and saving is a basic and primary thing where as investment is the secondary thing How can you invest without saving and which are not rich born baby who holds millions of dollars in a bank account those who hold good capital they would directly go for investment but an average guy with an average income should start with saving and that is the only choice left for him. Angry
Activity: 533
Simply answer: Save a part and invest a part of your stake. The more you can lose the more I would risk for investments. Let's say you save 50% of your stake and put 50% into promising altcoins. So, you can lose maixmal 50%, but you can win an infinite amount.

Love this post....

You are asking to invest in altcoin?? Have you lost it? I think you are not aware about the nature of altcoin and that is the reason you are suggesting to invest in altcoin. Suggest something that is convincing. Altcoin is just a new born baby in compare to bitcoin and just remember one thing "Daddy is Daddy."  Wink Grin
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Simply answer: Save a part and invest a part of your stake. The more you can lose the more I would risk for investments. Let's say you save 50% of your stake and put 50% into promising altcoins. So, you can lose maixmal 50%, but you can win an infinite amount.

Love this post....
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
It is always better to invest. Gold is going down though. Best thing will be to invest in real-estate market of any developing nation. As long as they are developing, the prices will be going up. I believe in short-term investments though, low-risk and higher-returns chances.

it's not always better to invest. it is however more lucrative to invest rather than saving your money. i never found gold an interesting investment option.
Its better to invest but its better to save first then you can now invest your money so that you have an enough capital to invest.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
What you said boils down to stating that 300% pumping can't contribute much to one's portfolio. I think that possible 300% would be a decent profit (in fact, it would be a huge profit). If you are skilled, you can make even more than that, since a pumped coin doesn't usually grow without some minor rebounds on its way to the top (and to the bottom, by the way). If you personally can't make a decent profit from a coin going up 300% (or down, for that matter), then you are pretty bad at trading. Or just happen to be spreading blatant disinformation, as always ("altcoin{s} are dying monsters")...

Volatility is the engine of speculation (whether you like it or not)

yeah it can contribute, that's obvious, but only if you can catch it, this is was my whole point, you can't catch it always, if you can't and instead you hit the crash after that huge pump, you will end up losing instead

And you dare blame me of perverting your words and making things up when I just asked you a question (well, two) about whether you actually think that 300% growth is not worthy enough?

that 300% was just an example, it could happen but not always, and you can always be there to catch it and take profit, also you don't know if it will still go up or just crash after it

you are putting it like, it's mandatory to anyone to have a huge profit, if this profit jumps out in the market, if that would have been the case, everyone would be rich by now...

Had you really regularly traded doges, you would have known that the pump phase lasts at least a few days (usually more than a week, see the charts). I guess it is more than enough for anyone considering themselves a "trader" to jump on the bandwagon. If your risk tolerance is low, you don't despise stop-losses and get married to a position (what essentially prevents a trader from turning into "investor"), then yes, earning a handsome profit from a 300% rally is a pretty easy task...

it's not always the case, it's not like the pump follow a perfect cycle, and thus everyone is aware of it, a pump can last a few days, a few week or just a few hours

otherwise like i said it would be the heaven for everyone, and they will wait only for the pump and then exit at the perfect time, since the "pump time" as you think, it lasts for a fixed time...
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
you are putting it like, it's mandatory to anyone to have a huge profit, if this profit jumps out in the market, if that would have been the case, everyone would be rich by now...

Had you really regularly traded doges, you would have known that the pump phase lasts at least a few days (usually more than a week, see the charts). I guess it is more than enough for anyone considering themselves a "trader" to jump on the bandwagon. If your risk tolerance is low, you don't despise stop-losses and get married to a position (what essentially prevents a trader from turning into "investor"), then yes, earning a handsome profit from a 300% rally is a pretty easy task...
legendary
What you said boils down to stating that 300% pumping can't contribute much to one's portfolio. I think that possible 300% would be a decent profit (in fact, it would be a huge profit). If you are skilled, you can make even more than that, since a pumped coin doesn't usually grow without some minor rebounds on its way to the top (and to the bottom, by the way). If you personally can't make a decent profit from a coin going up 300% (or down, for that matter), then you are pretty bad at trading. Or just happen to be spreading blatant disinformation, as always ("altcoin{s} are dying monsters")...

yeah it can contribute, that's obvious, but only if you can catch it, this is was my whole point, you can't catch it always, if you can't and instead you hit the crash after that huge pump, you will end up losing instead

And you dare blame me of perverting your words and making things up when I just asked you a question (well, two) about whether you actually think that 300% growth is not worthy enough?
legendary
don't know how it is advisable to trade altcoin with your bitcoin, altcoin are dying monsters, that can't contribute too much to your portfolio, you need to follow those pumper groups, that pump a random coin each week, and you need to have your money ready on exchange(a bit risky), to buy those pumped altcoin

but be aware, they usually say that they pump for long term, but the true is that they only pump it for something around 300% and then the crash happen very fast, there are too many bagholder miners, that are holding those garbage coins, and they look forward to dump as soon as possible

So you are saying that 300% growth will contribute not too much to one's portfolio, right? Have you tried to trade altcoins, say, doges?

no, you got it wrong, i say that they cannot contribute to your portfolio because they carry a big risk, because of their random crash, even after a pump of 300%

yeah i have done plenty of trade in the past with alt, especially doge yes, and i know well how they work

I guess you are confusing trading with investment. The higher the volatility (pump&dump works perfect), the better for trading. You absolutely don't care what the price is (since in no case you marry to your position), all you care is direction...

Though you can always rationalize turning into investor after "you get it wrong"

no i'm not confusing it you're just making this up(you just randomly connected two separate sentences of my post to start a random useless debate, like the last time), you did not understand what i was saying, and i explained it to you with the last quote, and apparently you still can't understand it

saying that a coin can be raised of 300% isn't intended as , you will make 300% of profit...

bitcoin is and will always be the top crypto currency call it father then we had several more crypto that is a sucess nowadays but no one of those can compete with btc worth but the exchanges allows us to maximize earnings buying them with btc soo a easy bump on a altcoin would mean instant profit even if bitcoin loose worth,if i hace 0.20 and now i have 0.26 btc for sure is pure proofit even if bitcoin lost worth after that...soo better invest ,but for sure must research for info and avoid several coins ,be patient and wait ,always an opportunity to maximize altcoins easy..... i lost an opportunity to make 100x the investment i made .... those in an altcoin since someone pump it soo hard ,why i didnt get it well i just sold all coins as i saw several lost interest on it,like a dead coin but reborned and hell what an opportunity  Grin
legendary
don't know how it is advisable to trade altcoin with your bitcoin, altcoin are dying monsters, that can't contribute too much to your portfolio, you need to follow those pumper groups, that pump a random coin each week, and you need to have your money ready on exchange(a bit risky), to buy those pumped altcoin

but be aware, they usually say that they pump for long term, but the true is that they only pump it for something around 300% and then the crash happen very fast, there are too many bagholder miners, that are holding those garbage coins, and they look forward to dump as soon as possible

So you are saying that 300% growth will contribute not too much to one's portfolio, right? Have you tried to trade altcoins, say, doges?

no, you got it wrong, i say that they cannot contribute to your portfolio because they carry a big risk, because of their random crash, even after a pump of 300%

yeah i have done plenty of trade in the past with alt, especially doge yes, and i know well how they work

I guess you are confusing trading with investment. The higher the volatility (pump&dump works perfect), the better for trading. You absolutely don't care what the price is (since in no case you marry to your position), all you care is direction...

Though you can always rationalize turning into investor after "you get it wrong"

no i'm not confusing it you're just making this up(you just randomly connected two separate sentences of my post to start a random useless debate, like the last time), you did not understand what i was saying, and i explained it to you with the last quote, and apparently you still can't understand it

saying that a coin can be raised of 300% isn't intended as , you will make 300% of profit...

legendary

legendary

I guess you are confusing trading with investment. The higher the volatility (pump&dump works perfect), the better for trading. You absolutely don't care what the price is (since in no case you are married to your position), all you care is direction...

Though you can always a posteriori rationalize turning into investor after "you get it wrong"
legendary

well for sure altcoins is a great option to boost income but as the same time is a bit risky and must know when to leave before the dump
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000
Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?
i think invest your money will be good option but only in real estate nothing else because property prices will rise every year

Jump to: