Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it digital gold? - page 12. (Read 1045 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
February 27, 2018, 07:43:14 AM
It's definitely digital gold - and the proof is that some gold funds are investing in bitcoin:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/24/a-gold-fund-is-investing-in-bitcoin.html

They started ploughing money into bitcoin as soon as the bitcoin price exceeded the price of gold. They then take profits gradually and reinvest in gold. It's a pretty smart strategy that has allowed them to outperform their competitors.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
February 27, 2018, 07:40:26 AM
It's either digital gold, or it is digital nothing. I think that is what this great experiment is going to figure out.
Activity: 119
February 27, 2018, 07:37:28 AM
My opinion about digital gold is bitcoin.bitcoin is decentralized gold
and the change in value depends on the market of trade and inflation. The difference lies in the way of storage and transfer
Activity: 1666
Merit: 502
February 27, 2018, 07:17:42 AM
Digital gold can be said yes can also not, bitcoin is digital gold true if it means high value or have a high selling price can also be like a treasure that is identical with gold, while if the rate is not because the bitcoin is unstable and very volatile.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
February 27, 2018, 07:07:02 AM
Bitcoin is like digital gold ........ is it correct? It is a transferable asset but not duplicable ..... do you agree? What are the points in favor and those against this statement? I would like a very analytical and specific arisposal.

As what i have understood on butcoin, yes this is a digital gold with very precious value. Bitcoin is the barometer of every fluctuation happening in cryptocurrency and this is the most commonly used digital asset. Though bitcoin has no medium to support its existence, this cryptocurrency gives its user the chance to gain and profit in a most distinct way.
Activity: 998
Merit: 504
February 27, 2018, 07:00:48 AM
Bitcoin is like digital gold ........ is it correct? It is a transferable asset but not duplicable ..... do you agree? What are the points in favor and those against this statement? I would like a very analytical and specific arisposal.
In a way, it has the qualities of gold, but it isn’t a digital gold. You can just call it digital asset and not gold cause gold has nothing to do with cryptocurrencies and is totally different from them. I know they share some similar qualities just like being decentralized and not being controlled by anyone, but still, they are different… somethings differs.
Activity: 296
Merit: 13
February 27, 2018, 06:11:43 AM
I agree that bitcoin is now being called the digital gold. They have some similar aspects, one of them is that gold and bitcoin have limited supply, therefore, as the demand increases its value will be more expensive as well. Another thing is the trust that investors have invested over these two hot source of treasures and richness. Gold has been present since ancient times while bitcoin on the other hand has been created in 2009 and yet tremendously the value went up very high due to the trust from people. As predicted and expected, bitcoin value to soar higher reaching its peak that will make its holder richer than ever.
Activity: 73
Merit: 1
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
February 27, 2018, 05:36:03 AM
yes of course, bitcoin is more than gold.btc is a way of getting rich.it's price is sky rocket. by btc people are more profitable. that's why I think it is digital gold.
Activity: 126
February 27, 2018, 04:53:13 AM
Not only is bitcoin more volatile than the stock market and gold, its trading is unpredictable, even crazy.

These unstable features will make it hard for bitcoin to become digital gold!
Activity: 1316
Merit: 379
Catalog Websites
February 27, 2018, 02:07:47 AM
Bitcoin is more than gold. In addition to the qualities gold has,  bitcoin is enhancing peer to peer payments seamlessly across borders. It is easily convertible to all major currencies around the world. It is also accepted across the counter in many shops. It is acceptable as salary payment in certain places. So much bitcoin is achieving than gold could.
Activity: 140
https://i.imgur.com/Wl0rfMA.jpg
February 27, 2018, 01:55:25 AM
Yes, Its kind of like that in nature. Bitcoin like gold is also being traded. And its value changes according to supply and demands. And it used as a legal tender in some countries. So it mo ey but of a different structure.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1079
February 27, 2018, 01:46:23 AM
Like gold, Bitcoin is scarce, durable, mineable, but anti-counterfeiting, divisibility, and portability properties does make it somewhat better than gold. While gold is preferred as a safe haven for its stability as a long-term hedge, Bitcoins price volatility is far greater than that of gold. It's because of Bitcoin being a new technology and just a decade old, in these years we have seen that Bitcoin could be a good a store of value, but still not reliable. People invest into gold not expecting massive gains, but preserving/protecting wealth against any turmoil. In that sense, IMO, Bitcoin market is still somewhat too volatile and speculative, but evolving/maturing and with underlying utility as currency, it can be better than gold.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000
February 27, 2018, 01:05:22 AM
you should pay tax if you want to buy gold because gold also considering as valuable physical asset but in my opinion bitcoin can considered more than gold value because bitcoin is more valuable and possibility to increase the price more than gold in the future is pretty high
Activity: 126
February 27, 2018, 12:56:52 AM
bitcoin is a way of getting rich. some people are still turning on to it because it is a part time yet the salary is higher than the official work. so, i guess bitcoin is a digital gold because it is on the screen and can turn into cash instantly. it is a gold for the future and it will continue to shine.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000
February 27, 2018, 12:50:12 AM

I do understand that why you saying this but I do not really agree on what you said. Bitcoin and gold are 2 very different things and about their usage is too much different too, so if you said that bitcoin is digital gold, you are very wrong about it. Take a simple thing like buying something, can you buy with gold? I do not think people want gold as their payment instead of bitcoin
Activity: 1610
Merit: 507
February 27, 2018, 12:44:51 AM

I agree that bitcoin is a digital gold and can only be used on internet while we have the opportunity to use bitcoin in our real life once the government accepting bitcoin. the different bitcoin and fiat or gold is bitcoin cannot be control by any one even the government cannot control bitcoin. in the future, if bitcoin is accepted in everywhere, we can transfer our bitcoin to anyone in all of the country like what we did today.
Activity: 385
Merit: 266
February 27, 2018, 12:41:16 AM
Pretty much, yeah. Bitcoin is a digital version of gold. Gold is decentralized and can't really be stored in a bank or anything like that. Moreover, Bitcoin's value usually continues to increase. Just disregard the performance of Bitcoin at the beginning of this year. Bitcoin felt quite bad, but it looks like it will bounce back up. Another thing about Bitcoin and gold is that both cannot be really used to purchase anything. I hope that this will change.
Activity: 55
February 27, 2018, 12:13:04 AM
I won't say bitcoin is digital gold.
Besides being a trading measure, there are many usages of gold.  Also, gold has long accompanied human history, which gives it a special social status.
Activity: 224
Merit: 19
February 27, 2018, 12:04:33 AM
Yes I think it is here are the few similarities of them.

They are both scarce: there are limited amount of gold that can be mined in the world. Bitcoin is also limited and the more mined coins the harder it will be in the future.

They are both great assets to invest. Although more traditional investor will choose gold,Bitcoin is still a wise choice because on the years past bitcoin have only shown an uptrend.

Advantage of bitcoin is you can send the money right away unlike gold that usually it will be check because gold can be counterfeited and bitcoin can not.

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
February 26, 2018, 11:35:57 PM
Thats what bitcoin becomes more expensive because of this coin near to be mined the total volume,like gold that has been soon to be mined,when i was young here in my region many miners diggers gold daily but nowadays its become fewer and fewer that concludes almost done for miners..and like bitcoin more than half had been mined
Pages:
Jump to: