Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it digital gold? - page 9. (Read 1045 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 0
March 03, 2018, 07:56:58 PM
For me bitcoin is more than the price of gold. Bitcoin has made investors far richer than gold has recently. Bitcoin is a digital gold, store of value like the precious metal itself, and it doesn’t need to have a lot of practical uses to be worth a lot of money.
Activity: 72
Merit: 1
March 03, 2018, 07:21:13 PM
Bitcoin is like digital gold ........ is it correct? It is a transferable asset but not duplicable ..... do you agree? What are the points in favor and those against this statement? I would like a very analytical and specific arisposal.
Yes i think bitcoin can be considered as a similar to gold,its just that bitcoin has the upper characteristics or factor as an asset compare to the traditional gold.Another thing is bitcoin is more secured than gold.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
March 03, 2018, 07:07:40 PM
In the real sense of it, all the characteristics, properties and potentialities embedded in Gold can as well be perceived in Bitcoin , even more than that. I can say You are correct. But what I can say is that Gold is physical and its obviously believed by everybody who are opportuned to access it. Bitcoin has not gained the consent of every souls that heard about it, and even so many are still very much ignorant of Bitcoin presence and its usefulness.
Bitcoin is way better than gold but gold has been trusted for so long that we cannot expect the change to happen overnight and when we add the volatility of the market compared with how slowly gold moves then this creates even more uncertainty for gold holders since they see bitcoin as not having intrinsic value like gold which is ridiculous but it is the most common argument I see for those that prefer to hold gold and not bitcoin.
Activity: 24
March 03, 2018, 06:06:29 PM
Gold and bitcoin are similar investments though keep in mind that gold has a real world physical application in manufacturing which will effect the demand for it differently.
copper member
Activity: 12
March 03, 2018, 05:54:00 PM
People are trying to mine cryptocurrency and trade it - it can be called the new type of gold.
Activity: 121
Merit: 13
March 03, 2018, 07:42:05 AM
With its limitless supply Bitcoin can be compared to the gold which is also limited but not yet discovered around the world. There is a big amount of the real gold hidden around the world which cant be said for the Bitcoin but if we make a comparison with all the lost wallets that had some amount of BTC or particles of Bitcoin then we could say that Bitcoin is virtual and digital gold. I personally love the physical assets and would be very happy if I had lived in the times when the gold mining was popular. Today the reality is different and we are all depending on the network which can provide us a nice amount of profit if we take the right opportunities ( crypto)!
Activity: 2450
Merit: 605
March 03, 2018, 06:50:47 AM
Bitcoin is like digital gold ........ is it correct? It is a transferable asset but not duplicable ..... do you agree? What are the points in favor and those against this statement? I would like a very analytical and specific arisposal.

Many consider bitcoin as digital gold and they are right. Bitcoin is something that is with one word beautiful. Many speak of him as digital gold and they are right, bitcoin is digital gold and it have more value then real gold with still dont make some reasonable sense for many companies, that why many consider using bitcoin or creating mining farm for mining bitcoin, they have everything for this.
yes true, in my opinion also bitcoin can be regarded as digital gold because bitcoin price is more valuable than pure gold though.
We can say it, absolutely. Bitcoins have shown such amazing feat of excellence in past few years that people are now considering bitcoins more than gold or any other assets. Even stock exchange have been left behind and now population is more coming towards crypto currencies. Well, we hope this will continue and people all around the world just believe in bitcoins and work for them.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
March 02, 2018, 02:50:48 AM
Of course it is different how can bitcoin and gold are equalized while bitcoin is an electronic currency while,Gold has certain characteristics that make its value better than other objects,Gold is also rare (limited)
thank you
Activity: 1610
Merit: 507
March 02, 2018, 02:36:13 AM

Gold can be mined more or less dependig on demand cruve while BTC have their rules that you can allways mine less and less. From economics is better to hold BTC IMO than gold.
Same time gold exisits in physical realm so if your powerplant goes off you can have something on hand.

bitcoin can be mined too but we only can mined bitcoin on the internet using the hardware. I think gold is in the real life and bitcoin is in the online life and both is worth for us but for me, bitcoin is really worth depends on gold because I don't have a gold for now. but the price for bitcoin and gold is different and bitcoin price is too volatile depends on the gold but people in out there really like to have a gold as their investment.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002
March 01, 2018, 11:38:30 PM

Gold can be mined more or less dependig on demand cruve while BTC have their rules that you can allways mine less and less. From economics is better to hold BTC IMO than gold.
Same time gold exisits in physical realm so if your powerplant goes off you can have something on hand.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
March 01, 2018, 11:26:25 PM

Many consider bitcoin as digital gold and they are right. Bitcoin is something that is with one word beautiful. Many speak of him as digital gold and they are right, bitcoin is digital gold and it have more value then real gold with still dont make some reasonable sense for many companies, that why many consider using bitcoin or creating mining farm for mining bitcoin, they have everything for this.
yes true, in my opinion also bitcoin can be regarded as digital gold because bitcoin price is more valuable than pure gold though.

can be bitcoin is gold because bitcoin is a popular universal cryptocurrency used to buy or trade in the market, which is similar to gold as a universal currency in addition bitcoin does not depend on the exchange rate. Bitcoin is considered as digital gold because it is now accepted in the online market exchange
Activity: 76
March 01, 2018, 11:00:32 PM
Yes i think bitcoin is digital gold but its virtual
Activity: 140
Merit: 12
March 01, 2018, 10:56:45 PM
Exactly I could also say yes that bitcoin is a degital gold, if there is a real gold we have also a digital gold. The number one reason why? because of the price really high value. The second one because of the popularity and lastly it is really exist and many users trust bitcoin.
Activity: 994
Merit: 257
March 01, 2018, 10:21:26 PM
Bitcoin has all the same characteristics as gold. The amount of Bitcoin is limited (only a certain amount will be produced), Bitcoin can be broken down into smaller units without losing the value of the unit (1 Bitcoin = 100,000,000 Satoshi the smallest unit of Bitcoin, just like cents in Dollars or Pennies in Pounds, so we can buy less than one Bitcoin), Bitcoin technology is also stable and will not degrade, nor can fake Bitcoin be made. Besides, unlike gold, you can move Bitcoin anywhere in the world in minutes, regardless of the amount of Bitcoin. That's why people call Bitcoin a digital gold, but better digital gold.
The only thing gold has over bitcoin is a long story of being a store of value, in almost any other aspect bitcoin is better this is why I think we are going to see the day where the market cap of bitcoin will be bigger than the market cap of gold, I do not know how long it will take but we will see it and when that happens the ones that said bitcoin will disappear will have a lot of explaining to do while we in the other hand enjoy our profits.
Activity: 862
Merit: 100
March 01, 2018, 08:24:32 AM
Bitcoin can be described as such because Bitcoin and gold can have an advantage if you invest it for a long time. it's just that Bitcoin is faster than the gold that has a stable price. different from Bitcoin which has a very high price and sometimes very down.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
March 01, 2018, 12:57:10 PM

Bitcoin is very similar in many ways to gold. The limited nature of its supply being the most common, this allows them both to in theory function as a store of value. Bitcoin has little intrinsic value as it is not tangible but it has many other benefits in that it's easily transferable at low costs and so is more suited to use as a means of payment.
Highly similar, but since we are referring to digital gold, that sounds reasonable. However, with the fact that it has even outperformed gold in so many ways even makes it more of an interesting digital asset to hold. Except for ornaments and designs, gold can only serve the purpose of it being more a controlled asset to me anyway but with bitcoin, things are even better and being a process of payment which we cannot easily do with gold makes it awesome.

Bitcoin is even more exciting considering that is by far limited in supply. If we are to look at the fact that bitcoin has some huge value due to the solutions it has given and for the fact that you can easily hold your thing without having to worry, with also the fact that it is easily accessible, then that makes it more fantastic than even gold, but if we are to look in the literal sense of it being an asset, then we can equate it to a digital gold.
Activity: 644
Merit: 113
March 01, 2018, 08:21:43 AM

Somewhat like a gold, comparing it with Gold would make people easily understand what bitcoin is. Bitcoin has limited supply that is not yet fully obtained. Just like Gold, bitcoin is also mined which actually demands computer technology and machines. Unlike Gold which xan be physically possessed, bitcoin is more like a digital currency meaning its virtually available. Bitcoin and Gold is actually the same, they actually dont have value they just considered valuable simply because people decide to and its demand actually determines it price.
Activity: 318
Merit: 100
March 01, 2018, 08:11:25 AM
In the real sense of it, all the characteristics, properties and potentialities embedded in Gold can as well be perceived in Bitcoin , even more than that. I can say You are correct. But what I can say is that Gold is physical and its obviously believed by everybody who are opportuned to access it. Bitcoin has not gained the consent of every souls that heard about it, and even so many are still very much ignorant of Bitcoin presence and its usefulness.
Activity: 252
Merit: 101
EMMARES – Email as you know it, will never be the
March 01, 2018, 07:58:18 AM
No I think it's not it is a electronic currency  it's a cashless basis king of payment and receiving money
Activity: 107
March 01, 2018, 07:31:50 AM
have always considered Bitcoin to be the digital equivalent of gold, and that has not changed. I like the fact that you can have billions of dollars worth of Bitcoin, without anyone noticing since you just need your private key
Pages:
Jump to: