Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it digital gold? - page 8. (Read 1045 times)

Activity: 806
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
March 18, 2018, 10:12:58 PM

Maybe it is or maybe not. But bitcoin is sometimes called a digital gold because of how its prices increased a lot in a few years span. Bitcoins are also mined so maybe it is a digital gold then.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
March 18, 2018, 10:07:41 PM
That depends on man to man if someone says it a gold then it is or platinum then same also ;p
Activity: 217
Merit: 1
March 18, 2018, 07:30:57 AM
Yes, it's gold's best counterpart but in digital form. Bitcoin resembling gold's luxurious appeal
and stature is uncanny in the digital world. They are very expensive, proven to be potential
profit makers and very sought after. Even prices are competitively close, outweighing each
other on several occasions, depending on market conditions and trends. Stability unfortunately
for now, gold is supreme. But given enough time, I think bitcoin will overtake gold. Both are
extremely valuable and in demand today.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 507
March 18, 2018, 01:46:27 AM
and if we have gold in our real life, we have another gold in online which is bitcoin. but both gold and bitcoin are not the same and bitcoin is still more expensive depends on gold and I think people right now thinking to buy bitcoin than gold because they know that bitcoin is a new technology that will always grow from time to time. they don't want to miss a good time to buy bitcoin especially now the price is down at deeply so they can buy a lot of bitcoin amount.
FRJ
Activity: 280
Merit: 15
The Worlds Most Advanced Distributed Computer
March 18, 2018, 12:58:26 AM
I absolutely agree with Bitcoin's Digital Gold because the current world should be a digital world and the current digital world currency was digital but the only digital currency bitcoin in the history of the world, so we can freely say that Bitcoin must be a digital Gold does not compare with any kind of currency, but Bitcoin can convert Bitcoin to any country in the whole world, so people can accept coins, so I want to say that bitcoin is certainly a digital coin digital gold, we have no doubt about it,
Activity: 34
March 18, 2018, 12:46:59 AM
Everytime its that a comparison is made between btcs and golds. So it can be easily said that its the gold of digital world
STT
legendary
Activity: 4004
Merit: 1428
Catalog Websites
March 18, 2018, 12:34:09 AM
Bitcoin is like digital gold ........ is it correct? It is a transferable asset but not duplicable ..... do you agree? What are the points in favor and those against this statement? I would like a very analytical and specific arisposal.

You want digital gold, I can give you a referal link to a system where they exchange to a vault and its all done online.  You have ownership of the gold then but its contained in just one place. 

Blockchains and gold are very different for this reason, blockchain is an exact copy confirmed a thousand times over the world.   One record cannot be compromised by itself.  Where as gold does rely on ownership or trust in one party somewhere.   In this case its the vault holders who have returned that trust for over a century.

But those two ideas, very different.   Digital gold is a oxymoron.   I think DGX tries to link one to the other and say you have ownership of gold or backing to your crypto via their system, but Bitcoin itself doesnt even attempt to bridge the two because they are polar oppisites.

Both have a use, not related.   BTC and GLD are inverse to USD I will agree that much, fairly straightforward.
Activity: 63
March 18, 2018, 12:11:02 AM
Yes BTC is digital gold please check the price like gold like BTC same process market will change in gold same like BTC
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
March 17, 2018, 11:51:13 PM
you're right! but bitcoin is more than gold I think that btc will surpassed gold value because 1 btc now is 5x or more for 1 bar gold only so btc will be the next of gold or diamond but gold and diamond are menerals so definitely its like fiat and use for cash only.
Activity: 84
March 17, 2018, 11:47:22 PM
Yes, I think this is digital gold. Many people also assume that this is digital gold. Can be seen from the nominal equivalent of gold.
Activity: 714
Merit: 11
BountyMarketCap
March 17, 2018, 11:44:22 PM
Bitcoin is like digital gold ........ is it correct? It is a transferable asset but not duplicable ..... do you agree? What are the points in favor and those against this statement? I would like a very analytical and specific arisposal.
yes the same, what makes it different is price stability. bitcoin fluctuate, while gold is more stable even tends to rise every year.
Activity: 350
Merit: 11
March 17, 2018, 11:43:34 PM
Yet with the sophistication of the system, the ease of internet connection, and the development of IT today. Very possible, someone uses cashless system, but not using rupiah. Digital version gold is used
Activity: 161
Merit: 1
0xf54CA5618b90810722B0e833DC150a97743A40B4
March 17, 2018, 11:41:21 PM

your post is inspired by the recent words of Peter Thiel?

https://www.coindesk.com/peter-thiel-bitcoin-will-one-online-equivalent-gold/

Bitcoin is definitely like digital gold. It is not going to be a form of payment as it is not legal tender in many parts of the world.. this is similar to gold in the fact that you cant buy food with gold shavings etc..

It is a commodity that is desired by many.. much like gold. People want to own BTC cos they feel it will appreciate in price as it is limited in supply and it appreciates in value.

The only difference is that BTC cant be mould into a jewellery and be worn on the body haha.

Activity: 25
March 17, 2018, 11:34:21 PM
When talking about the nature of gold that can be moved or stored its value, and decentralized. So Bitcoin can be likened to gold in digital form. Bitcoin can also be stored in the hardware wallet for a long time, can also be moved anywhere in an instant, even the added advantage of Bitcoin is that it can be shared quickly and physically intangible that can be seen by the preying eyes. That makes it safer than gold.
Activity: 57
March 17, 2018, 11:01:54 PM
If petroleum can be liquid gold why the btcs cant be digital gold LOL -_-
Activity: 103
March 07, 2018, 02:41:10 PM
yes can be said like that ..
Original gold and digital gold have something in common, both can be mine. but the real difference in gold in the mines on earth uses extra energy, while digital gold or bitcoin in the mine through the internat.
Activity: 31
March 07, 2018, 01:20:19 PM
Bitcoin is a gold coin because bitcoin is a digital currency that is internationally recognized and gold internationally recognized. Bitcoin can be bought online in different products. Many things can be bought with gold. Currently, bitcoin is more expensive than gold.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 121
March 07, 2018, 01:03:29 PM
Some people are pretend that bitcoin is digital gold. But actually they are different, gold is physical asset and bitcoin is digital asset. But you should consider about the risk too. Bitcoin is good for trading and online transactions but the risk is very big in it.

I share same view with you. Bitcoin only exit in internet and can be used directly as means of payment (buying and selling)which fiat value is known and also for exchange. I however think gold is not a standard and well known means of buying and selling but exchange. I do not think bitcoin and Gold can be compared in the measure that OP is assuming.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
March 07, 2018, 12:46:33 PM
With its limitless supply Bitcoin can be compared to the gold which is also limited but not yet discovered around the world. There is a big amount of the real gold hidden around the world which cant be said for the Bitcoin but if we make a comparison with all the lost wallets that had some amount of BTC or particles of Bitcoin then we could say that Bitcoin is virtual and digital gold. I personally love the physical assets and would be very happy if I had lived in the times when the gold mining was popular. Today the reality is different and we are all depending on the network which can provide us a nice amount of profit if we take the right opportunities ( crypto)!
The supply of bitcoin is not limitless in fact it is completely the opposite the supply of bitcoin is limited, while with gold this is not the case, bitcoin is difficult to find and mine but we have no idea of how much gold it is hidden there could be mountains of gold yet to be discovered that could make the price of gold crash while the price of bitcoin will be unaffected by this.
Activity: 352
Merit: 100
March 06, 2018, 04:06:42 AM
As close as you can get to being digital gold with the one addition that you don't need to carry it around with you. All you need to remember is a 12 or 24 word seed phrase and you have your wallet in your brain at all times!
Either that or most especially your private key depending on the wallet you have, but to me, I always prefer the idea of having your private keys anyway. Bitcoin is really related to a digital gold considering the fact that it serves as an asset and even a currency which can easily be used. As more people keep adopting it, the better and I feel it makes thing better than holding even gold right now.
Pages:
Jump to: