Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it me or is Darkcoin the only coin with real potentional? 100% anonymous wow. - page 4. (Read 10151 times)

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188
A crypto that you can't use to buy anything is worthless. It's not FUD.

Are you seriously presenting that as an issue for Darkcoin alone ?

The ENTIRE cryptocurrency phenonenon is probably the biggest threat that's ever loomed over the horizon for the mainstream banking industry. Do you really think they're going to pick and choose which ones they try to ban if that threat starts to become reality ?

Asides from the fact that these statements totally contradict each other:

You do realise the US has stated in no uncertain terms that dark currency will not be permitted

you do realise bitcoin or ANY coin could go dark if they wanted right?

Thats why I say it's FUD. Because there has been about 2 seconds thought put into this post and although there may be some loosely relevant points made, they pale into insignificance compared with the genuine originality and progress that Darkcoin has made.

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
So do you think is better stay or leave the market now? I bought 100 DRK at 55 now we are about 60. What you think gonna happen?
I bought in much lower on time, but I'm still buying from time to time. I'm expecting that the price will continue to rise steadily.
Anyone who hasn't invested in DRK is making a mistake.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
KYC  - http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Know_your_customer . Yes the government cant go after everyone but then can go after businesses.  A crypto that you can't use to buy anything is worthless. It's not FUD.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188
You do realise the US has stated in no uncertain terms that dark currency will not be permitted. To be honest i think crypto would already have had the ban hammer if US were not giving it some kind of chance, the rest of them are dying to slap the ban hammer down....they just fear they will loose the economic edge the US will get by adopting it alone.

The rest of the crypto community will do well to cut off these currencies.

Wait and see, a few months down the road exchanges will be shut down who deal with dark currency, then the price will get a super slap down.

Sure it sounds cool,but  if you're not selling drugs, kids or smack probably don't need it.

I almost don't agree with a single thing in this post. In fact its content seems practically clueless.

First of all, any regulation that appears associated with cryptos applies to FIAT, not cryptos directly. That's because regulating cryptos boils down to telling people they're not allowed to pass pieces of paper between each other containing a bunch of letters and numbers. Saying "dark currency will not be permitted" is a meaningless generalisation thats about as relevant as saying "email will not be permitted".

Why would the "The rest of the crypto community will do well to cut off these currencies" when dark currencies embody the very essence of much of what cryptos stand for - anonymity, de-centralisation and integrity (in that there's no counterparty involved) ?

The attempt to associate dark currencies with illegal and subversive activities is also disingenuous. The entire fiat money system is totally opaque (at least as far as the general public is concerned) and yet the majority of the trading population isn't engaged in drug dealing and terrorism. Even commercial retailers don't freely divulge information about income from their various product lines etc.

A technology like darkcoin is one of THE most innovative developments in crypto since the outset. Saying that others can implement it does nothing to mitigate its achievements which are considerable. Apart from anything else, it's taken a good deal of constructive contribution from those that were involved in the development and testing which appears to have been done to a highly professional level. The approach to securing the network using paid for masternodes is also a well thought out and powerful concept.

This kind of post is nothing but dismissive FUD. I don't know what's behind it - whether you just want to malign a good thing for the sake of it or whether you've got some other axe to grind, but it's content is baseless. Sure the price may go back down - or it may more likely go up in my opinion. The thing is doing what it says on the tin and is going to provide a valuable service to the rest of the crypto economy.

All the same, whatever the price does, I find it difficult to arrive at any other conclusion than this is a great breakthrough in truly de-centralised, trustless and anonymous transaction technology. To me (and I only got into it a couple of weeks ago) it seems its valuation as things stand right now is properly greater than Litecoin, which given DRK's low coin supply is still a few 100%'s to go.

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

Sure it sounds cool,but  if you're not selling drugs, kids or smack probably don't need it.

Bitcoin will be regulated, the rest will be regulated or banned. So it is just a matter of time before dark currency goes to being worth virtually zero.

I disagree with you entirely on most of your post, but I'll just focus on this:
Because anyone that has your Bitcoin address can view the other transactions you make, it could give a definite advantage to a competitor because they can see exactly who you are doing business with.  That is far less privacy than a bank offers.

Also, by "regulated" most of the time they mean restricted or taxed.  It is also important to keep in mind they do not have a good history of success with restricting the internet (example: Bittorrent), and as you said before, they are likely very unwilling to lose the economic boon.  So will they tax it t o death?  The IRS doesn't even need warrants for wiretaps and surveillance, they are a band of ruthless bloodsuckers that will apparently stop at nothing to get their taxes.

That said, it's still only like paying in cash over the internet.  The world will not end because of it.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049
So do you think is better stay or leave the market now? I bought 100 DRK at 55 now we are about 60. What you think gonna happen?

I'm not the whale pushing the prices either way, so... how should I know? I'm a long-term holder, so it doesn't really matter for me what the price does today or tomorrow, although it can be useful for daytrading and increasing my DRKs.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange
legendary
Oh it's a pump* alright... no arguing there, but the price stabilized to 0.036 from 0.0016 after the last one... so if it stabilizes to 0.004-5 after this one, it builds up in terms of price. And, of course, the distribution is improved significantly every round of pumping.

* albeit a very small one in terms of price increase percentage, unlike pumps which take a coin up by 10-20-50 times.
legendary
This is why this coin will never go over 10$

This was said in a similar fashion on why it wouldn't go over 0.0015... When it got to 0.0065 (3$) haters must have exploded Grin
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
It is fine to be in denial, but you will feel a little silly once DRK is over $20 USD.

I dont care about future price, if the coin will be really usefull with no other coin offering the same I will just buy dollar equivalent to perform the operation...
legendary
What's Dark coin gonna do when other coins copy their anominity function?

The transparent market right now (which are all non-anonymous coins) is ~7bn USD.

The anonymous market is ~ 10 mn USD.

If 1-10% of the transparent market moves to the private/anonymous market, we are talking about 70-700mn USD for all anonymous coins.

This "pie" is too large for a single coin to own it. In fact it would be unhealthy to do so. Therefore multiple coins can co-exist in this 70-700mn market cap and benefit from it (by multiplying their price and marketcap), all the while competing to make the best anonymous solution (which, again, is quite healthy).

Clones aren't much of an issue though because a) they are not innovating b) their price barrier will always be dictated by the "why should I invest in this clonecoin instead of the original?" factor... and the more clones there are, the better it is for the original coin - as the market is saturated with clones.

Btw, Darkcoin is not only about privacy: It's really a bleeding edge coin / a development platform for new stuff - and I predict a bumpy ride due to this issue alone, as much stuff will need patching as it goes along. I believe there will be issues with future functionality as some of the things are totally new and have the potential for quite a few bugs to resolve, like the 10% payment, in a proof of stake/proof of service way, towards the masternodes. We might even see fork failures. Bleeding edge, is bleeding edge - so one must be ready for everything... Personally I'd take bleeding edge any day over a shitcoin - and so far it's paying out handsomely despite whatever issues have appeared and been resolved so far.

Regarding future development, the Dev is commited* to bring new features in the long run, including more anonymity features + mainstream features. He hinted of a killer mainstream feature after he finishes with DarkSend. We'll see how that goes.

* As a full time job for the next 2 years.
Activity: 140

THE FACTS ABOUT DARK COIN

1. released without windows QT so that only dev and pals could mine it.

2. Instamined harder than any other coin out there  12.5% of the current minting was mined in the first day

3. Later they decided to cut the minting by 75% to turn their 12.5% instamine with no windows QT into 50% instamine in 24hours - nice hey

yes that is correct they mined 50% of all the coins available at this time by themselves in the first 24 hours whilst windows users could not mine.

That is the facts.... doesn't matter what else they say... nothing can change what they have done.

Once zero coin, or bytecoin with a decent wallet it released or another darkcoin clone is released.... dark coin will sink like a stone.

legendary
I think someone will refine Cryptonote (the bytecoin/monero/etc coin), release it, and implode Darkcoin since it has anonymity built into the protocol instead of a 3rd party hack.

There are also huge red flags about Darkcoin launch having blocks "erroneously" set to 500 instead of 50, then having supply further reduced from 80mil to 20mil so that the dev has something like 50% of coins in circulation.  Darkcoin is really dying to be forked and re-released after it's finished.

Most people are worried about developers getting 1-2% premine, I'm not sure how you can give Darkcoin a pass with it's absurd distribution.

Too much fud concentrated on a single post.

1. DRK wasn't premined or ICO'ed. It had fair launch with quick issuing curve due to late diff adjustment (which produced a lot of coins in the first days) for all miners that were mining it.

2. Devs don't have 50% of the coin. What you are reffering is the 50% of the current coins which were issued in the first few days of mining and these were spread to all miners mining it, and then these were distributed at dirt-cheap prices (sell orders of XX.XXX coins at 0.0000x BTC each at ccex), which were then resold at higher prices etc etc. With millions of USD in volume the last month, any mention of problematic distribution has become totally obsolete due to loads of selling action from those who held cheaply bought coins from the first two-three weeks or so. For anyone following the price of DRK they know that there was constant dumping of the first coins for one and a half month - with many complaining of the price suppression and the first coins etc etc. However, you can't have both price suppression/dumping AND simultaneously preserve the initial distribution. It's either this, or that. You can't have both. So the dumping ensured that the initial distribution changed significantly. And when the pumps came, massive unloading occured at post 0.002 levels which made distribution very good.

3. Cryptonote is too problematic right now. Refinement is a very mild way of putting it. The fact that exchanges don't even add these coins is an indications that they are doing something wrong. Command line wallets are also very ...80's. The fact that DarkSend can be implemented as a "hack" on Bitcoin clones is actually an advantage because it can provide anonymity to multiple cryptocurrencies instead of requiring new coins, while preserving the Bitcoin infastructure (GUIs, mining programs, exchange software compatibility etc etc).

4. Regarding the devs changing the coin max limit: It was voted by the community, it wasn't a single decision by the devs. The vote is here (78% in favor): https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/darkcoin-reward-schedule-vote-525093

...this should answer the "fud" of the above and below posts.
Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

Darkcoin would have been pumped LONG ago but people were worried about the dev(s) dumping 50% of the money supply on them.

Dark look over priced to me, not that anybody cares what I think, just saying
legendary
Activity: 1260

Darkcoin would have been pumped LONG ago but people were worried about the dev(s) dumping 50% of the money supply on them.
legendary
Activity: 1106
legendary
Activity: 1260
I think someone will refine Cryptonote (the bytecoin/monero/etc coin), release it, and implode Darkcoin since it has anonymity built into the protocol instead of a 3rd party hack.

There are also huge red flags about Darkcoin launch having blocks "erroneously" set to 500 instead of 50, then having supply further reduced from 80mil to 20mil so that the dev has something like 50% of coins in circulation.  Darkcoin is really dying to be forked and re-released after it's finished.

Most people are worried about developers getting 1-2% premine, I'm not sure how you can give Darkcoin a pass with it's absurd distribution.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
I would say Darkcoin and Myriadocin are the only recent coins with real potential.

Darkcoin --> Anonymity innovation
Myriadcoin --> Multi-PoW innovation

Can you use myridacoin anywhere?
What  about vertcoin? It's new and it has a low market cap.

http://vertmap.com/
http://coinmap.org/

It's catching up to LTC.

Myriad merchants:

altoutlet.com
coinshipit.com
full integration onto moolah.io's payment processor happening as we speak

As for Vertcoin, I definitely respect them and the community for everything have have done for GPU miners. I think the community will remain strong even with the real possibility of Scrypt-N ASICs down the road (nothing is ASIC resistant).

Bitcoin, Litecoin, Vertcoin and Darkcoin all have "mono-PoWs" (SHA256, Scrypt, Scrypt-N, and X11, respectively). Myriad is a "next generation" multi-PoW blockchain that allows 5 algorithms to mine (SHA256d, Scrypt, Groestl, Skein, and Qubit) and fairly receive equal block rewards equally between ASICs and GPUs while providing benefits to both.
Activity: 204
I would say Darkcoin and Myriadocin are the only recent coins with real potential.

Can you use myridacoin anywhere?
What  about vertcoin? It's new and it has a low market cap.

http://vertmap.com/
http://coinmap.org/

It's catching up to LTC.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Pages:
Jump to: