Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it me or is Darkcoin the only coin with real potentional? 100% anonymous wow. - page 5. (Read 10151 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
DarkCoin deserves even higher prices. It should be in the third place of coinmarketcap. Look at the coins above it at the moment, do they offer any significant advantage? I wish some day DarkCoin takes LiteCoin's seat.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
cryptocollectorsclub.com
If you don't know the history of Bitcoin, on Bitcointalk.org, then you likely don't know why Darkcoin is going to be huge. I have been recommending it since it was .11 USD - I have been mining and recommending to haters since the start.

Why is Bitcoin valuable when Ixcoin could do everything Bitcoin could do? It was first. Darkcoin is the first real anon currency with the best dev team out there, period. Came up with X11, Dark Gravity Wave, Masternodes.. If there is ever a problem, they will fix it, if tech improves they will implement it. It is fine to be in denial, but you will feel a little silly once DRK is over $20 USD.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049
I missed this boat completely sadly..
Said no one wealthy, ever..

Exactly. I remember people with BTC:

10$ "it's a bubble"
35$ "it's a bubble"
70$ "it's a bubble"
150$ "it's a bubble"
300$ "it's a bubble"
1200$ "damn wish I had some"

2x for DRK (from 1$ to 2$) is nothing in comparison in terms of the train having reached the destination. But then again people thought Litecoin was doomed to 3-4$ max and then it went to 50$.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
I missed this boat completely sadly..
Said no one wealthy, ever..

Still a new coin and an infant in the market. If you help it grow you will see returns.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Not sure about darkcoin, never really sparked that enthusiasm inside me. Even so all the best to everyone involved.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125
A safe assumption, you can never be too paranoid. Make encryption for files and communication a habit, always use drops. Caveat Emptor. If you can't and have no interest in protecting yourself online, DarkNet is not the place to be. On the other-hand, if you take adequate steps to protecting yourself, you won't have much to worry about.

Dude, a tor-market place advertising publicly is obviously a honeypot.
You, a noob profile talking about it is highly suspicious.

Rule number one : don't talk about tor-marketplace
Rule number two : don't talk about tor-marketplace
Rule number three : don't talk about tor-marketplace
Activity: 34
Merit: 0

A safe assumption, you can never be too paranoid. Make encryption for files and communication a habit, always use drops. Caveat Emptor. If you can't and have no interest in protecting yourself online, DarkNet is not the place to be. On the other-hand, if you take adequate steps to protecting yourself, you won't have much to worry about.
legendary
Activity: 930
Merit: 1010
It may, or may not go up in price, but I just love how people are now so scared to lose their investment that they can't wait to get everything under government control.
"Oh, it's a coin for drugs- and arms market." Sounds familiar huh? What was that coin people used to say that about?

And if the argument is "Darkcoin is anonymous and will therefor be stopped by the government" and then comes "Bitcoin can be just as anonymous". Yeah...

Also, altcoins are a great way to try out new features that can be either added or discarded from other coins. So, yeah, going Dark can be implemented on other coins. Now. Because someone invented it and put it out there. Coins like Darkcoin, AnonCoin and (hopefully) Zerocoin invent and create a community that support the much needed anonymisation of cryptocurrencies. I fully support all of them.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125
I dont think Darkcoin has potentional, if you really need you can be 100% anonymous with Bitcoin, but it takes effort and knowledge how to do it
That's where you are wrong, having anonymity in the mainstream takes away that effort and complexity and risk of tumbling where you trust that the other party will give you coins back and keep your details secure. Most people have been asking for anonymity in the block chain more than any other feature.

That's where you are wrong, anonymity takes away the mainstream itself because mainstream believe that anonymous crytpocurrencies are related to drug/weapon traffic and terrorism.
Most people have been asking for the Bitcoin to be legalised and partially regulated.

Bitcoin is 100% transparent but as long as you don't attach your identity to addresses and transactions then you are as anonymous as DarkCoin.

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
I dont think Darkcoin has potentional, if you really need you can be 100% anonymous with Bitcoin, but it takes effort and knowledge how to do it

That's where you are wrong, having anonymity in the mainstream takes away that effort and complexity and risk of tumbling where you trust that the other party will give you coins back and keep your details secure. Most people have been asking for anonymity in the block chain more than any other feature.
Activity: 506
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049
Even with coinjoin implemented, it won't be 100% anonymous. The only real hope for a truly anonymous currency at this point is anoncoin.

There's no such thing as truly anonymous. It's all relative / degrees of privacy. There are smaller degrees and greater degrees. Even if someone achieves NSA-proofing, it may still not be enough for a future data analysis performed in, say, 10 years, with more evolved "tools". In the meantime one can opt for the less private options, or the more private options - as these evolve and compete with one another in order to improve their increased-privacy services.

legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 2790
Shitcoin Minimalist
Even with coinjoin implemented, it won't be 100% anonymous. The only real hope for a truly anonymous currency at this point is anoncoin.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
sounds like it will go somewhere, but being anonymous can have draw backs for the currency as well.
Activity: 462
Merit: 251
Privacy is important. Cold hard fiat is infinitely more private than any coin at the moment. Darkcoin will get us on that same privacy level, hopefully anyway.

If done right, even coins can be more or less anonymous, although some non-trivial amount of skill and expertise is needed. Much more complex than just handing someone paper money. But with fiat you can't make payment to someone not staying right next to you (ok, you can send it in an envelope, but that is totally unanonymous for the receiver and there is large chance of theft). With crypto coins, you can pay to anybody in the world Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011
People calling it stupid or a scam are morons. I think it has real potential but I do agree with them that it has a ton of hurdles, it's no scam though.
Pages:
Jump to: