Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it my impression or media is biased towards bad news ? - page 3. (Read 3176 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 21
Do you think the media is trying to destroy Bitcoin and cryptocurrency ? I think they show 95% of the times only bad news. Why is this happening ?

Disagree, in decembre, all medias were very optimistic toward cryptocurrencies. It is all about the "hype curve".
Activity: 1638
Merit: 300
Don't trust too much on bad rumors. You should listen to the sharing of failed lessons and the success of experts in the crypto field and save the necessary information.

Medias these days are hard to trust since there are a lot of time that they just want to make up stories and tell it in a broadcast so they will be able to earn money. I don't trust the news right now unless that the news being reported is close to our place where I can confirm whether the news is really true or not.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
Not all the media but some of them, are biased. It is a true fact that all the media run towards how to gain much TRP and they get it largely by telecasting only bad news.
Activity: 176
Merit: 110
The actual press has established a lot of question within the thoughts of individuals producing all of them frightened from the company as well as which makes it seem like the rip-off that is absolutely no great occasionally personally i think these people receive money or even they're simply already been biased.
Activity: 18
This isn't just your impression, but I don't think they aim to destroy Bitcoin either. I guess they keep spreading the news that sells even if it's fake news. Who cares? All they care for is $$$$. And the more, the better. Sometimes, I believe they may help someone destroy something or someone, but just for a reasonable consideration, i.e. more $$$$. That's about it.  Cool
Activity: 394
Merit: 100
News from day to day serves new, and change every day, one day the coin will try everything well, as the other full collapse and nothing can be done, so you need to be reliable.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060
The work of media is just about making news based from what's happening. They made news based from the facts and of course it is true. Media has their ethics as well. However, what would release by the media is all from editorial meeting. And sometimes, some media moves based from the owner intentions. Some of them are usually not a big media. They're just an online small media company. No big media will produce the news until 95% of the bad. Just take a look at forbes, the guardians, the economist etc. Since the media have to produce news in balance, they won't do such things.
But those are rather big companies. I think the "media" that we're talking about in here are the ones that we see on the TV. Local channels, not international channels. International channels will be called out by so many people, since they have so much audience, and would hurt their reputation if they release biased news. Local channels, on the other hand, can't be called out at all. People often do, but to no avail. They don't really care even when a post on social media regarding them being biased gets viral. There would be people lucky enough to know the truth but most only have the TV as a source of news. It's been 3 times already when a local channel has announced and warned the people in my country about bitcoin. They say it's a scam yet here we are, enjoying profits. Roll Eyes

And I bet they, themselves, have bitcoin investments too. They just don't want people to be so involved in something so revolutionary.

Yes you are right. I have long ceased to trust the media and no longer watch them on TV for about 2 years. Their goal is a high rating, and for this they spread panic. They do not provide accurate information. It is a pity that most people believe in what they say
Same here, I have stopped watching TV for as long as I can remember. It's just full of misleading information. Plus, it really is true that they are selling FUD. More FUD, more people are going to listen to them. Whatever that will sell to the people, they are going to be airing. The news doesn't really care about regular murders or whatnot. They care about news that are about a mother who was killed by her own child, because it brings more people in. Also, the news aren't really allowed to say bad things to the government since the government can shut down their channel right away.
Activity: 854
Merit: 101
Polkadog - Multi-Chain Defi Meme
The work of media is just about making news based from what's happening. They made news based from the facts and of course it is true. Media has their ethics as well. However, what would release by the media is all from editorial meeting. And sometimes, some media moves based from the owner intentions. Some of them are usually not a big media. They're just an online small media company. No big media will produce the news until 95% of the bad. Just take a look at forbes, the guardians, the economist etc. Since the media have to produce news in balance, they won't do such things.
Activity: 32
Don't trust too much on bad rumors. You should listen to the sharing of failed lessons and the success of experts in the crypto field and save the necessary information.
Activity: 168
Yes you are right. I have long ceased to trust the media and no longer watch them on TV for about 2 years. Their goal is a high rating, and for this they spread panic. They do not provide accurate information. It is a pity that most people believe in what they say
Activity: 20
Do you think the media is trying to destroy Bitcoin and cryptocurrency ? I think they show 95% of the times only bad news. Why is this happening ?

Nope. It's a fact. You can read a good article with a title "WHY BAD NEWS IS GOOD NEWS" that explains it all. (https://psmag.com/social-justice/bad-news-is-good-news) Here's the relevant quote from the article: "According to recent research published in the journal Information Economics and Policy, the public demands bad news because it is more beneficial than good news"
The same thing applies to crypto, i.e. crypto+bad news sells better than crypto+good news. I believe that's the reason behind it.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
I personally also don't think why do they do things like that?
Maybe what because they hate bitcoin, then what do they hate about bitcoin? Even though bitcoin is very profitable and can change your economy in the future.
Activity: 75
I bet once they initiate a bull run lol you will hear tons of FOMO and good news coming out suddenly to make people follow them and buy so they can dump on new victims on the way down form a new All-Time High.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
It is natural that those who are in the favor they are very less but those who are against they are more in number so it is also in the case of bitcoin and crypto that media is biased against it and when bad news comes in the market they try to spread rumors about bad news and crypto falling so because of that short sellers sell their coin with thinking further and with this way the crypto market affected price show adverse movement and this all because of media.
Activity: 134
Merit: 10
along with the development of the times and the sophistication of media technology is very important for human needs, information is very important along with the progress of the times. with news technology can be quickly accepted by people.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145
Yes, it is true. most media make bad news about bitcoin. because the SEC has entered Bitcoin so many rules must be obeyed by bitcoin. but if bitcoin complies with the SEC. then bitcoin will not become decentralized. too many governments have interfered with bitcoin. actually it's good. because when SEC accepts bitcoin then 90% of countries in the world will use bitcoin.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
i don't actually think that the media is straight in trying to destroy the cryptos, but the man behind it that have the power to control the media, because the media is the fastest way to give a persuasion and suggestion in people's mind
Activity: 45
The age we are right now, power belong to the media. And the media we have today does not necessarily have to be professional ones or the print ones. The fact that everyone could access the internet, and write anything with few censors means anything goes. Coming to bitcoin and how it affect it. There are bloggers these days looking for traffic to their site, and for the few ones that are into cryptocurrency news et al, writing fake news about it would generate traffic for them. And when you talk of the print media, some are under the payroll of the government, hence, have to do their bidding. And so media are directed by rich men who would like rumours be spread about it and would later capitalize on the panic effect on the people and buy more. It's not you alone, been thinking about it too.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 577
avatar and signature space for rent !!!
I think that the news resources are not aimed at the destruction of the crypto currency. But I also can not explain why they publish so many bad news Undecided
because they don't want bitcoin to be exist for and they trying to destroy it by fake news that in the first place it wasn't to be destroy for, well try to have at least some study before you may go just like here a better study are most important for you to don't may have some regret on what you have to take with.
Activity: 118
of course, the media are showing bad news to intimidate people, and so that people can quickly sell their bitcoins and altcoins)

Media are the big contributors about a negative impressions of people of bitcoin. We tend to easily believe what we heard or saw in a Television news, that well affect our judgement. As i reliazed that media/news head or even politics used media to manipulate people as we think that they always show the truth but it is all biased news.
Pages:
Jump to: