Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it possible for the bitcoin to lose it's value ? - page 24. (Read 35101 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
it will be a big blow for everyone if it loses its value...a lot of people have invested their money in it...but I don't think that it will happen overnight...we can foresee this
Activity: 127
Merit: 43
Hi , I'm new so basically I still have a lot to learn about the cryptocurrency , but I would like to know if it would be possible for the bitcoin to start the downfall ? I mean like what scenario can happen that the bitcoin would be pushed back like 5-6 years ?
Sorry if my post is in the wrong place or it's not relevant.
For my opinion, I think it is possible that bitcoin can lose its value if people will just keep on holding their bitcoins because it will turn out that bitcoin circulation will be abducted since people tend to just keep on holding and the real essence of being a cryptocurrency or a currency itself will be abducted so it will result to the losing of bitcoin's value. But if the circulation will be continuously happening, then there is no reason for bitcoin to lose its value since it has already made its way to the top and no wonder that it will never dump to a very low price once again.
Activity: 602
Merit: 255
It is possible when hackers attack bitcoin community and other wallets that related to bitcoin. But bitcoin is very stable and untraceable thats why hackers can do a way to make bitcoin lose.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Bitcoin is the volatile thing so it means it could turns into a worthless if there is something disadvanatge happen to it . So the answer is yes.
Activity: 798
Merit: 505
Hi , I'm new so basically I still have a lot to learn about the cryptocurrency , but I would like to know if it would be possible for the bitcoin to start the downfall ? I mean like what scenario can happen that the bitcoin would be pushed back like 5-6 years ?

I think so. If years from now, people had chosen a different coin which they'll be valuing the same as how they value bitcoin now, it signifies the downfall of the value of bitcoin since people no longer acknowledge it as something valuable. Another scenario would be when people will not use internet anymore, then everything inside the internet will lose it's value.

If there will be a coin that could overpass the bitcoin but now i think there are just only the next bitcoin in the future but cant overpass the bitcoin when it comes to the price because we all know that the price of bitcoin right now is really high. Still you are right if all of the bitcoin user will transfering to another coin then no one will hold a bitcoin then i think it could be likely happen to lose its value or make it stable and there are no signs of going up or going down, it is just a stable price.
Activity: 479
Merit: 105
I don't think so. The value of bitcoin is too expensive already and it would take up a very long time before the value of bitcoin will totally loose its value. It may be hard to imagine that it will lose its value but that may happen if a big crisis occured between bitcoin and the government. Although governments are the one that runs the world system, bitcoin's potential and power can still defeat it considering the fact that most of the people will support bitcoin than the government.

We cannot predict what will happen in the future. Even today the price really increases, we do not know until when it will continue to rise because there there is also a hard dump after that. It is not all the time that it will give profit, sometimes it will make you to pose profit either. Maybe when the government interrupt and there is less number of investors and have low price will be the start for Bitcoin to lose it's value.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
For me, yes it is possible for bitcoin to lose its value in the future if bitcoin reach its limit. But right now the price of bitcoin is unstable, and even that’s happening many users are still buying bitcoin, and the demand for bitcoin are still increasing. The bitcoin price will always depend on its order when the demand for it is again raising the amount will also improve.  Smiley
Bitcoin will not reach its limit because i believed that bitcoin doesn't have any limit because the bitcoin is still improving and adjusting its system day by day and in the future we can see bitcoin that is better and also one of the best option in the future to use and even right now it is already one of the best. Bitcoin has a chance to lose its value but it will not happen if we will maintain the health of bitcoin.
Activity: 102
Merit: 10

I think so. If years from now, people had chosen a different coin which they'll be valuing the same as how they value bitcoin now, it signifies the downfall of the value of bitcoin since people no longer acknowledge it as something valuable. Another scenario would be when people will not use internet anymore, then everything inside the internet will lose it's value.
Activity: 560
Merit: 107
For me, yes it is possible for bitcoin to lose its value in the future if bitcoin reach its limit. But right now the price of bitcoin is unstable, and even that’s happening many users are still buying bitcoin, and the demand for bitcoin are still increasing. The bitcoin price will always depend on its order when the demand for it is again raising the amount will also improve.  Smiley
Activity: 26
Certain it really is possible, just like it truly is possible that the net would go down due to a enormous asteroid hitting the Earth and millions of individuals dying, and nations destroyed. In that feeling, of course
Activity: 364
Bitcoin have won the trust of investors and at present many investors of real estate and gold are switching to bitcoin. Pumps and dumps are the inevitable parts of the bitcoin’ journey towards success, so we should not get panic.

Activity: 786
Merit: 270

anytime bit can be fall, it maybe tomorrow, next week or next year. No one  knows about this cryptocurrincies. But for sure, it will rise  because their are many investor invest in bitcoin and still demand and supply. As long as investor are there bitcoin will never be vanish
Same is my thinking because I am the old investor and I don’t want to see the value of bitcoin tossing back and crash will not come in the way of profit because if bitcoin falls for 50 dollars at this time there will be huge no of buying and that will take prices to the next benchmark that is 20k and as we have seen bitcoin has progressed up to 5000 dollars in previous two days and this shows that this currency will remain forever.
Activity: 9

Firstly, I want to underline that PRICE and VALUE are different.
Refers to this https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/inflation-and-deflation-of-price-and-money-supply-140793

What determines the PRICE of Bitcoin? The VALUE of Bitcoin at a particular moment.

What determines the VALUE of Bitcoin? The SUPPLY and DEMAND of Bitcoin in the economy.

What determines the SUPPLY of Bitcoin? Currently, the MoneySupply-Inflation rate of 25 BTC every 10 minutes, and traders willing to SELL Bitcoin to BUYERS in exchange for other supplies of money (currencies).

What determines the DEMAND of Bitcoin? Traders willing to BUY Bitcoin from SELLERS in exchange for other currencies.

Therefore: BUYERS, SELLERS, and MONEYSUPPLY-INFLATION (miners) determine the VALUE of Bitcoin, which determines the PRICE of BTC as BUYERS and SELLERS trade based on that VALUE (or supply and demand) of Bitcoin.

We don't exactly know the totality of the supply and demand. Sure, we could try and aggregate data from all the exchanges, but we will never be accurate as there are exchanges which can not be accounted for (OTC). The cool thing is that we DO know the MoneySupply rate, and we DO know the exchange rate. From this, we can determine a real value of Bitcoin when simply multiplying the two factors; a sort of inflation-adjusted view of the currency.

Secondly, almost everybody here reply this thread by spotting on the PRICE, not the VALUE like the thread starter asking about, look at the title, it's "Is it possible for the bitcoin to lose it's value?"

Third, the answer is yes it can lose its value since value determined by supply and demand. Peoples makes supply and demand, they moves the chart up and down.
Activity: 335
Merit: 250
Bitcoin is just beginning to develop! Even if there is a downturn, it will be minimal. And then bitcoin will grow and grow in price!
Activity: 460
Merit: 254
Maybe the value of bitcoin will fall only but if we are talking about having bitcoin's value completely vanished, I think it's impossible. The system of bitcoin has innovated a lot after so many years so taking it down will not be an easy thing. Another thing also is the demand and support most of the people are giving into bitcoin somehow supports bitcoin for it to stay still even after too many obstacles that may affect its value.
No doubt it is no possible because people are still buying it and they trust bitcoin so the power of bitcoin is not going to get down. Bitcoin is my source of income and I am making good money with bitcoin now. A lot of people have a good life because of bitcoin and a lot of markets are accepting bitcoin they are using bitcoin payment service so how can we say that bitcoin will lose the value and it will be stop using by the people.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
Well it is yes because we cannot control the value of the bitcoin either the value of it will rise or fall. As of now the value of it is continually progressing but we cannot say that it will never be fall down but there is a tendency that someday it will fall because there is many factors that can affect the value of the bitcoin that is why it cannot remain in constant and always changing from time to time. I can say the value of bitcoin will lost but I cannot when it will happen but I hope it wouldn't because it helps a lot of people to surpass their daily challenges.
The present market talk is it will reach up to $40k before ending 2018. Nobody will give assurance for this, but everyone believes this news. The beauty of the bitcoin is high price variation it will give us a chance to make money. So whatever happens if the price drops or increase we have to utilize that and make money that's it.
Activity: 357
Merit: 12
Maybe the value of bitcoin will fall only but if we are talking about having bitcoin's value completely vanished, I think it's impossible. The system of bitcoin has innovated a lot after so many years so taking it down will not be an easy thing. Another thing also is the demand and support most of the people are giving into bitcoin somehow supports bitcoin for it to stay still even after too many obstacles that may affect its value.
Activity: 728
Merit: 254
I don't think so. The value of bitcoin is too expensive already and it would take up a very long time before the value of bitcoin will totally loose its value. It may be hard to imagine that it will lose its value but that may happen if a big crisis occured between bitcoin and the government. Although governments are the one that runs the world system, bitcoin's potential and power can still defeat it considering the fact that most of the people will support bitcoin than the government.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Bitcoin is a coin and it has chances to change and lose its real value
Activity: 260
Well it is yes because we cannot control the value of the bitcoin either the value of it will rise or fall. As of now the value of it is continually progressing but we cannot say that it will never be fall down but there is a tendency that someday it will fall because there is many factors that can affect the value of the bitcoin that is why it cannot remain in constant and always changing from time to time. I can say the value of bitcoin will lost but I cannot when it will happen but I hope it wouldn't because it helps a lot of people to surpass their daily challenges.
Pages:
Jump to: