Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it possible for the bitcoin to lose it's value ? - page 46. (Read 35101 times)

legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
Hi , I'm new so basically I still have a lot to learn about the cryptocurrency , but I would like to know if it would be possible for the bitcoin to start the downfall ? I mean like what scenario can happen that the bitcoin would be pushed back like 5-6 years ?
Sorry if my post is in the wrong place or it's not relevant.

I think bitcoin will loss it's value if their is a time of Chaos like world wars in which the battle will be nuke vs nuke and we all knew that nuclear weapon is capable to wipe out everything including bitcoin. During the war it is impossible to use the bitcoin because of internet is shutdown, establishments will be destroyed and communication will be cut off by these bitcoin will be possibly zero value in which fiat and gold will be the most important like during word war I and II.

On the contrary i think bitcoin will rather gain more value during a world war or something like that because a lot of people will not be able to move funds around and there will be the demand of virtual currencies which cannot be stolen or double spent like bitcoin even though electricity and other factors could be a problem but if you manage to get into the city centers i bet people will prefer to save their assets in bitcoins.

I'm curious if you understand what a world war actually means

It means an instant breakdown of Internet or any other means of communication beyond field radio sets or whatever the military use. In fact, they will be the first to bring down any means of communication between people (say, cell phones or wireless networks) unless nuclear strikes would do that before them. So I can't really fathom how there can be any demand for virtual currencies if such events are going happen. Ammo will be your primary currency then and likely gold coins. And in case of a real full-fledged world war, your only desire would be to survive, Bitcoin will be the last thing you would think of and care about if it should occur for real
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
Hi , I'm new so basically I still have a lot to learn about the cryptocurrency , but I would like to know if it would be possible for the bitcoin to start the downfall ? I mean like what scenario can happen that the bitcoin would be pushed back like 5-6 years ?
Yes it is possible especially if those people who support upon it is gone. Bitcoin is unpredictable so it is hard fpr us to foresight on what will happen on it in the future. Yes bitcoin could go back into its price way back 2009 but I can assure that it will never be zero value.
Yes, you’re right, it is possible, and that possibility lies in the hands of the Bitcoin community. The developers has no say on whether it will have value or not, they don’t. We the users are the ones that has the final say, we can even drive the market to move whichever direction we want it; we can decide to withdraw or invest and no one questions us for every move we make.
Activity: 686
Merit: 253

I think bitcoin will loss it's value if their is a time of Chaos like world wars in which the battle will be nuke vs nuke and we all knew that nuclear weapon is capable to wipe out everything including bitcoin. During the war it is impossible to use the bitcoin because of internet is shutdown, establishments will be destroyed and communication will be cut off by these bitcoin will be possibly zero value in which fiat and gold will be the most important like during word war I and II.

On the contrary i think bitcoin will rather gain more value during a world war or something like that because a lot of people will not be able to move funds around and there will be the demand of virtual currencies which cannot be stolen or double spent like bitcoin even though electricity and other factors could be a problem but if you manage to get into the city centers i bet people will prefer to save their assets in bitcoins.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606

Maybe but that could be the end of our world, we should think on a more realistic reasons why bitcoin will end.
My guess is if there will be a massive ban for bitcoin then for sure people will be afraid to use it, bitcoin will stay as it's just a system but the value will surely depreciate, it rise this high because we supported it, without support, it's nothing.
Activity: 536
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

Activity: 434
Merit: 10
Yes, that is always a possibility. Cryptocurrencies are still considered a very risky venture, so be careful about the amount you put in as your initial investment. With that being said, i don't see it losing value in the medium to long term - it might drop off a bit after the 2x fork when people flock back to alts but it'll eventually reach newer and higher ATHs afterwards.
Even though if comes a case that Bitcoin prices suddenly crash down but it doesn't matter, it will not last long and we will see the graph going up and up. We cant compare bitcoin now with before, community has raised a lot on the last years, big investors around, soo im pretty sure we wont have anything similiar as those cenario that happened with low community and few people with several coins.

Yes its possible because bitcoin really to think has no value at all in real world.Its value is only based on people speculation.So its possible to lose its value and thats the risky part of it.I do agree with julzcoinbit that its sudden crash is lower compared to its potential growth.This is why bitcoin became popular because it started with no value at all and its making an history in terms of crypto world.
Activity: 387
Merit: 100
In life, anything can happen. Likewise with bitcoin, may will lose its value. However, everything must be have process and necessarily be 0. So, with analysis and information summarized, we can have an idea value of bitcoin for next time.

That is true, anything can happen, this comment makes me think that i need to do something with my investment and be careful because anything can happen.
Activity: 434
Merit: 105
Yes, that is always a possibility. Cryptocurrencies are still considered a very risky venture, so be careful about the amount you put in as your initial investment. With that being said, i don't see it losing value in the medium to long term - it might drop off a bit after the 2x fork when people flock back to alts but it'll eventually reach newer and higher ATHs afterwards.
Even though if comes a case that Bitcoin prices suddenly crash down but it doesn't matter, it will not last long and we will see the graph going up and up. We cant compare bitcoin now with before, community has raised a lot on the last years, big investors around, soo im pretty sure we wont have anything similiar as those cenario that happened with low community and few people with several coins.
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
In life, anything can happen. Likewise with bitcoin, may will lose its value. However, everything must be have process and necessarily be 0. So, with analysis and information summarized, we can have an idea value of bitcoin for next time.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
As your said, you know the Bitcoin price will decrease after SegWit2x hardfork complete, so, why do you not take advantage that opportunity? Buying now and enjoy the profitable at new ATH price in next hardfork, then sell Bitcoin to take profits and buy back when it dump, the theory is easy Cheesy.
Activity: 126
Activity: 210
Well bitcoin has always been on a rollercoaster so I ask you this , do you think it will loose value ? It's up to you to value your bitcoin if you're a long term holder or investor. However bitcoin will continue to fluctuate with the price until the corection will arrive.
Activity: 552
Merit: 250

Yes of course because we all know that the value of bitcoin isn't that stable and as long as it didn't somehow announce that they will have the permanently  value. And also bitcoin isn't that a coin that somehow have its permanent value because the demand of the person of using it continually increasing.
What do you think the main reason make many people want to buy it more when its value always increase recently? In my opinion, I think those who people want to buy more Bitcoin will get more risk. The current price of Bitcoin is really, we should to sell it instead of buy more and holding.
Activity: 994
Merit: 252
There are a lot of factors that may make bitcoin's value go down but right now I don't think it will occur. Bitcoin has been recovering from the tragedy that happened with China and we can all see that the value of it has risen higher than ever even after all that happened. If ever a malfunction in the software with bitcoin would occur, maybe it will lose a bit of its value but going to zero is not a thing that may happen with bitcoin anymore right now.
Crypto is totally unpredictable and bitcoin has suffered in past so no one is sure that value will fall or not but one thing is sure that its popularity will be increased day by day and this will be more than awesome and in past price was affected by the rumors also and the incidents are also affecting the value but now I dint think so that investor is childish that it will lose its coins just by hearing a fake news so hope for best.
Activity: 340
Merit: 122
Probably, yes because the moment that there will be no people who will going to invest in bitcoin, the value of it will decrease and decrease until such time that it will lose its value.

There were already people to invest, and there is now. As I said earlier, the divisions will bring the end of Bitcoin. There is a new division. Segwit!
Ups and downs are expected but it is impossible to lose its value completely. People have accepted and are in look for more ease, they have invested their money and are waiting for their profit which is making bitcoin go more up. And in future it may be accepted and recognized by many developed countries and then its era will begin.
Activity: 639
Merit: 251
Yes it can happen. Bitcoin, just like any other digital currencies, is volatile in nature.

There have been several sudden downpours in the value of Bitcoin, including the recent 2K decline, but eventually it goes back up again.
I think its important that you learn about the 21 million cap of Bitcoin and its potential for deflation.
There is no chance for this as long as the market is growing bit by bit, users are coming and the price is growing because of the development.
Activity: 882
Merit: 506
Hi! In this business, everything can happen which means you can get rich faster and accumulate losses ALL at one instance. The Bitcoin market is highly volatile and can move mountains because of its fluctuation. It is hard to predict but everything -- the rise and drop -- are possible.

Since you are a newbie, better try to read on articles or journals that have a good study on Bitcoins. Rely on a good source of data. All these can help you predict what is going to happen in the market. 
Activity: 742
Merit: 255
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
For me , yes it holds a possibility but I don't think that it will happen as long as the value circulates. In simple explanation, never just keep on making savings. Make a percentage of your savings which is I think 20% or 30% of your income. The rest is used in buying stuffs and paying bills.

I thing it some time down the bitcoin prices next time it will be increases more prices. So bitcoin is never down. So if need any information check the bitcoin wallet it will give to you for the bitcoin prices. If need more information for bitcoin prices you check the bitcoin market place.
bitcoin market will be give  prices information. So you check the prices then you clear your dow. 
Activity: 150
Merit: 12
as we see that the bitcoin is to become popular day by day then how it can lose its value. it is possible but possibility of lose of bit coin value is very low. it not lose its value but will be more valuable.
Activity: 411
Merit: 335

Yepp. We don't know when the bitcoin will rise its value and also we don't know when will it rises. So I think everytime bitcoin rises it also dump anytime. And people might not be aware of that because it is not know by anybody. So that people must learn how to manage income and money so that they will somehow earn eventhough bitcoin value dumps.
Pages:
Jump to: