Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it possible for the bitcoin to lose it's value ? - page 59. (Read 35101 times)

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
Hi , I'm new so basically I still have a lot to learn about the cryptocurrency , but I would like to know if it would be possible for the bitcoin to start the downfall ? I mean like what scenario can happen that the bitcoin would be pushed back like 5-6 years ?
Sorry if my post is in the wrong place or it's not relevant.

At the current situation there is no possibility that the bitcoin could lost its's all the value. But if some more country follow china ( which is not going to happen ) then there could be a possible downfall .
For now bitcoin value was so in demand in the market, so I can't see anything possibility regarding losing of value. Maybe there's a possibility in the future but many years before it happen. Therefore, this crypto currency now was increasing value in the market so many people are encourage to buy this coin.
I agree to that the people are getting more into bitcoin because they see a good growth in the price of bitcoin that make it profitable as an investment and because of that, bitcoin is having more foundation because of the continuous growth of demand and somehow it is becoming an unstoppable cryptocurrency and it seems that bitcoin doesn't have any chance to completely lose its value.
Activity: 420
Merit: 282
Hi , I'm new so basically I still have a lot to learn about the cryptocurrency , but I would like to know if it would be possible for the bitcoin to start the downfall ? I mean like what scenario can happen that the bitcoin would be pushed back like 5-6 years ?

At the current situation there is no possibility that the bitcoin could lost its's all the value. But if some more country follow china ( which is not going to happen ) then there could be a possible downfall .
For now bitcoin value was so in demand in the market, so I can't see anything possibility regarding losing of value. Maybe there's a possibility in the future but many years before it happen. Therefore, this crypto currency now was increasing value in the market so many people are encourage to buy this coin.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
if the bitcoin lose its value all the investors cannot earn so much money and they cant invest on bitcoins
Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

At this time I think bitcoin has no chance of losing its value. Lot of people are wanting to have and own any amount of bitcoin. If a certain thing is in demand it has a low chance of losing its price.
Indeed, bitcoin is very in demand because a lot of people wants to have a bitcoin on their wallet and they are all working hard to just get or buy one bitcoin. Bitcoin will never lose its value because a lot of good things are happening and we know that the financial system of our world can depend on bitcoin's blockchain technology so i think it will increase on its value instead of losing.
You are so right, many people are ready to have and own bitcoin at a lower price and we also have so many people who are willing to hold no matter what. The good thing is if the panickers end up dropping for the serious ones to get at a lower price, then eventually the value will balance quickly within a short period since some are holding and then, we start seeing an increase again. More like saving out the weak ones.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 332
By looking at how bitcoin, I dont think it will lose its value. Because among any other crypto and digital currency bitcoin is reigning. But I believe that everything has an end. It may not be as soon as we know but there's always a limit. So now, enjoy every second you have in bitcoin. Do not think about the future, what matters is today.
Lol do you think fiat will have an end? If so then bitcoin is the next generation of money ,
If it all happened i don't think even bitcoin value lost ,
It could be worth more than fiat today , bitcoin is the future of money ,
Once people can accept the whole thing about bitcoin , this scenario will really realized.
I didn't think it will happen even in the future, fiat will remain in this world as long as the government still find it useful for the people.
The new currency which is the crypto currency are here with a threat as well and the reason why the government are very strict to it is because they want to protect the interest of the people using it and to prevent money laundering and proper taxing of transactions.
Don't generally realize what might occur with bitcoin later on yet until further notice I trust it's at most astounding pinnacle and isn't going to drop down to like 5-6 years. That will be crazy on the off chance that it truly happens yet I don't perceive any purposes behind that to happen. Bitcoin has just completed improvements which were important to push it to the present circumstance. Bitcoin will now continue developing from here onwards with little drops. I have watched bitcoin goes up to most astounding pinnacle and afterward get balanced out to that point truly.

This is also my view, I believe bitcoin has come to stay whether legalizing it officiallly or not especially with the Chinese ban and yet, it didn't stop bitcoin .Infact , we have witnessed some bullish. The Chinese ban to me gave more prominence to the coin. It has overcome some waters and so, I don't see it value being lost just soon maybe little drops here and there which is normal.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
But guess what? Bitcoin have always found a way to recover. A digital currency with the largest community, and that makes it able to achieve anything, if the people work together.

True, for the most part. I can think of a few scary scenarios, though. What if SHA256 gets broken? Will the entire community be able to quickly agree on a replacement algo? What if quantum computing threatens competitive mining? There are some existential threats to Bitcoin that it might not be able to recover from.

Very gloomy insight though you've hit the correct thought. It basically means that bitcoin can crash anytime for several reasons. So even if we're all confident about our btcs and its future, it won't hurt to have a back up plan formulated in case things like that happen
I don't think it is feasible for Bitcoin to free all its incentive the same number of individuals have faith in Bitcoin and they have put their cash in it. Bitcoin is just developing and picking up prevalence ordinary so we can just expect development from it. Minor pumps and dumps might be conceivable.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
By looking at how bitcoin, I dont think it will lose its value. Because among any other crypto and digital currency bitcoin is reigning. But I believe that everything has an end. It may not be as soon as we know but there's always a limit. So now, enjoy every second you have in bitcoin. Do not think about the future, what matters is today.
Lol do you think fiat will have an end? If so then bitcoin is the next generation of money ,
If it all happened i don't think even bitcoin value lost ,
It could be worth more than fiat today , bitcoin is the future of money ,
Once people can accept the whole thing about bitcoin , this scenario will really realized.
I didn't think it will happen even in the future, fiat will remain in this world as long as the government still find it useful for the people.
The new currency which is the crypto currency are here with a threat as well and the reason why the government are very strict to it is because they want to protect the interest of the people using it and to prevent money laundering and proper taxing of transactions.
Don't generally realize what might occur with bitcoin later on yet until further notice I trust it's at most astounding pinnacle and isn't going to drop down to like 5-6 years. That will be crazy on the off chance that it truly happens yet I don't perceive any purposes behind that to happen. Bitcoin has just completed improvements which were important to push it to the present circumstance. Bitcoin will now continue developing from here onwards with little drops. I have watched bitcoin goes up to most astounding pinnacle and afterward get balanced out to that point truly.
Activity: 854
Merit: 108

There is a big possibility that bitcoin will downfall and even worst no value at all. This is if there is a war which is worst than world war II so it will be possibly called word war III. The war will make internet dead, All communications will be dead and establishment will closed or be destroyed especially war is now more complicated than before.Nations will going to use nuclear in which will destroy an entire species, if this war will happen where do you think you can able to use bitcoins? and how will you use it when everything is destroyed? so lets us hope this will not happen because we already enjoyed the benefits of bitcoin.
Activity: 406
Merit: 101
I don't think Bitcoin will lose its value. As seen from its development bitcoin values continue to increase over time despite accompanied by some decline. Let's we see the value of bitcoin from previous years, it is much lower than bitcoin value at the moment. Not to mention bitcoin will still continues to be developed / still on process of maturation, which seems in the future its value will be even higher from now and will be increasingly used by many peoples i guess.
It is not possible at all for the bitcoins to lose their value in the upcoming years or so. This is because it is a decentralized economy and most of the trading nowadays is done in the form of bitcoins whether it comes to the import and export process or some personal business .From the present status of the bitcoin compared with the past market value ,it could be clear that the price would rise even higher.
It is very absurd and out of question that bitcoin are going to disappear soon or will lose value in short time. Bitcoin have the largest network among crypto currencies and we all know that cryptos are the future of the world. Only an illiterate person can think like this about bitcoin since he is not very much aware of the powers of the bitcoin. Bitcoin are going to flourish now.
Activity: 238
Merit: 108
In my opinion bitcoin cannot lose it's value though there are lot's fluctuations in its price it may suddenly crash to a  very low amount still it has a value. The moment bitcoin lose its value is the time that it will be gone in the market which is impossible to happen
Activity: 756
Merit: 504
I believe it is possible in couple years when we could see completely new or much more improved technologies
In my view its not possible in near future because now spreading around world very quickly more peoples adopting this and using for different purposes some big whales in different markets also dong analysis for adopting we have just one case if you want this bitcoin lost his value then close this INTERNET completely no other option available right now
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
I believe it is possible in couple years when we could see completely new or much more improved technologies
d4z
Activity: 35
I see no reason why it can't? There is imo a very small chance that it'll drop beyond reasonable thinking but there is one.
Activity: 238
T H E G O L D E N I C O
Yes and of course, it's possible especially we don't know what's on ahead of this blockchain technology. Imagining there's another more effective and more secure ways of currency trading than Bitcoin's capability.
And lastly, when the whole internet is down then all digital  currencies will be lost as well.
Activity: 3
It has been well-established many times that Bitcoin can't be killed off, but there are definitely still forces that can crash the market hard and take away most (but most likely not all of it's value.

The two most likely ones are imo:

1) Government regulation: History has shown that banning Bitcoin doesn't kill it, but it sure can mess with the value. A major power wanting to "regulate" crypto can definitely mess with the price. As seen with the most recent China FUD

2) Flippening: There are a lot of altcoins on the market, and one of them will probably be able to challenge Bitcoin at some point. I think it's delusional to think that Bitcoin will stay nr #1 for all of eternity, just because of first-mover advantage. Hard to say when something new and (hopefully) better will take it's place as the biggest coin. Maybe in 5 years, maybe in 50. Perhaps 500.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
The trajectory for Bitcoin is likely spectacular. The world is spinning towards it.
But it could fail,but as per last events happened in September and 2013, its value will eventually rise after a time period .

second if governments get serious about banning bitcoin it can create huge effect on bitcoin though it can't completely destroy it,same scenario as of banning of torrents.,the main threat if from Chinese government a per now if it is able to conceal overtake chinese mining-farms, it would have control and could compromise the blockchain. But that would be very hard to do without getting revealed.

third ,If there's a disaster coming that can destroy the whole block chain or hack the whole bitcoin program it can affect the value of bitcoin or if exchanging apps and website runaway then users will loose all the bitcoin there are saving for future use.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
It is possible, when people will not be using bitcoin anymore, only then its value will be losing. Which does not seem to happen in the near future. As long as people can use bitcoin to buy something and as long as people keep buying bitcoin, it can not go too low.
Activity: 52
Every little thing is attainable. The fundamental blockchain system operates flawlessly effectively and the developing demand in Bitcoin displays this. But it can still collapse some day. For instance, all governments will forbid it, or simply the demand will fade away. Although my level of check out is that possibility of such situations is very minimal. I’m rather sure that none of this will happen. Even now it is important to consider into consideration each feasible training course of functions.
Activity: 197
Bitcoin can collapse if users lose interest. So far, I do not see any reason for panic as the crypto-currencies only develop and are slowly being introduced into the financial system.

the likelihood that everyone sell (bringing the price of the cryptocyrrency to zero) is highly unlikely - it might lose a big portion of it's value, even 60-70% as it has in the past, but the entire value? No way
Pages:
Jump to: