Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it possible for the bitcoin to lose it's value ? - page 62. (Read 35101 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 252
Hi , I'm new so basically I still have a lot to learn about the cryptocurrency , but I would like to know if it would be possible for the bitcoin to start the downfall ? I mean like what scenario can happen that the bitcoin would be pushed back like 5-6 years ?
Sorry if my post is in the wrong place or it's not relevant.
Anything can happen, bitcoin can lose a lot of value but that is not very likely so you need to understand the risks before you make any investment in bitcoin, if you are not comfortable with the risks then it is better for you to not buy bitcoin at all.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1001
Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data
Hi , I'm new so basically I still have a lot to learn about the cryptocurrency , but I would like to know if it would be possible for the bitcoin to start the downfall ? I mean like what scenario can happen that the bitcoin would be pushed back like 5-6 years ?
We can't predict what will happen in the future. It has two possible result, it will become popular or it will die. If bitcoin become popular it is because of the people who continuously used the bitcoin as source of income and especially of continuously increasing of bitcoin user. And if bitcoin was ban in the world it will become non-sense or if bitcoin was use in illegal doing, it will limiting by the developer due to bad images.
Bitcoin will not die, but the value of Bitcoin when the government see Bitcoin as illegal will very low, maybe its value = few dollars in that time Grin. But I can not predict exact its value in that time, because it still depends the Bitcoin community still want to support and use it or not.
Activity: 392
Merit: 257
Bitcoins value depends on it's demand from the people so if people stop using bitcoins and switch to any other crpyto currency then bitcoins price will be heavily affected.But I don't think so that it would ever happen at least not in this century as bitcoins has gained people's trust and is the first of it's kind so bitcoins is basically father of cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 641
Merit: 505
We can't predict what will happen in the future. It has two possible result, it will become popular or it will die. If bitcoin become popular it is because of the people who continuously used the bitcoin as source of income and especially of continuously increasing of bitcoin user. And if bitcoin was ban in the world it will become non-sense or if bitcoin was use in illegal doing, it will limiting by the developer due to bad images.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
no it will go other side till now bitcoin to reach it is real value it is about 7500$

the answer will be yes only if bitcoin system hacked
No I don’t think so bit coin will lose its value as it is the most secured, stable and exponentially growing crypto currency. People from all over the world are investing in bit coin because of its amazing sustainability characteristics. Traders are getting benefits from it these days while investors keep investing in it for long term.
Yes I agree with you. Bitcoin will never drop its value, because it is a growing crypto digital currency of the future and of today as well. If bitcoin lose its price and value then may be many people withdraw their investment and will turn to altcoin. Because nobody wants to lose his gard earning money. Loosing and growing is all about the circumstances around the globe and the situation tells that it will rise.
I think that bitcoin can loose its value in case of a hard fork and that's happening now as there are a few forks like bitcoin cash and bitcoin unlimited, so in case any one of them increases in value by attracting more investors then bitcoin can die and that's what I have fear about because I have most of my money invested in bitcoins and in case of its dark I'm gonna loose all of my money invested in it. Recently when the mining of bitcoin cash became more profitable than bitcoin then I was very nervous as bitcoin cash was gaining value and bitcoin was losing its value, but bitcoin gained the value back.
Activity: 686
Merit: 104
could be, all things can still happen. as an example, when the Chinese government closes all the itcoin activity, the bitcoin value is directly drastic. suppose if the whole world closed bitcoin activity, then bitcoin will lose its value because it is considered illegal by a country. but, of course we hope it doesn't happen and bitcoin value is always up.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
platform for everyday business

There is possibilty that bitcoin will fall down and turn to zero value if all bitcoin investor will withdraw their investment and support in crypto currency,but as far i am concern now people all over the world  love's bitcoin,because its help a lot to make a better place to live.bitcoin give value of the humanity & the entire human race.for as now bitcoin will continue its popularization all over the world.not  including china because chinese people not accept foreign investor,but maybe someday they will accept the fact that they need  bitcoin to lean on.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

Bitcoin can lose its value, but it's hard for bitcoin to lose even 50% its value. If there's a new technology that's better than bitcoin, then that will make bitcoin lose its value.

According to advertising concept; it reflects the fact that something is similar, it is actually a good thing, there are many subcodes right now, many of them are really naughty.

Nope, this can't happen if you look at the market cap of bitcoin. Don't think it too technical way just think it on practical way. What I mean by that is, bitcoin has so much investment already circulating into market that it will always push it up even in the bad times. Forming a new tech and then pumping the value of same would take lot of time and off course investment which is long term and trusted. There have been so many but none of them really crossed bitcoin. I don't think bitcoin it will loose its value so easily.

Agreed on you to that, though nowadays everything is possible to be happen anyway. But at this point of time even bitcoin price now was 3800$ something it doesn't mean it will straight forward to go down, of course its not like that, due to bitcoin established a lot investors in the entire world. So to lost its  value is not going to be happen in our generation now.
Yes of course, it is definitely possible for any currency to lose its market value.  Majority of business setbacks have been resulted from the currency going down. As bitcoin is much more valued, the chances are definitely less than others. But still you cannot predict it to be safe enough to go down.
Everything is possible in the current world. It is possible for gold to lose its value, it is possible for USD to lose its value, it is possible for silver, platinum to lose its value. So, just like these possibilities it is also possible for bit coin to lose its value. But in reality it is very hard because of people start selling bit coin the other people will start buying bit coin hence bit will have variation in its prices but can never lose its value 100%.
Activity: 572
Merit: 250
no it will go other side till now bitcoin to reach it is real value it is about 7500$

the answer will be yes only if bitcoin system hacked
No I don’t think so bit coin will lose its value as it is the most secured, stable and exponentially growing crypto currency. People from all over the world are investing in bit coin because of its amazing sustainability characteristics. Traders are getting benefits from it these days while investors keep investing in it for long term.
Yes I agree with you. Bitcoin will never drop its value, because it is a growing crypto digital currency of the future and of today as well. If bitcoin lose its price and value then may be many people withdraw their investment and will turn to altcoin. Because nobody wants to lose his gard earning money. Loosing and growing is all about the circumstances around the globe and the situation tells that it will rise.
Activity: 966
Merit: 517
Yes, it is possible. Think about what happened previously when China banned bitcoin some of the value have lost because of the bad news and investors and traders can not use bitcoin anymore.
It happened last week but i think they will use the same scenario soon with other news like Japaneses banned Bitcoin.Like what happen to China that before. By the way, Jamie Dimon is trying to low the valuable of Bitcoin all the time.
Though this person is trying best to devalue bitcoins but I believe that he is not going to be successful in his mission.

Bitcoins have very large market and those who are holding bitcoins at present; they should not be deceived by these fake news and make sure to make these efforts go fruitless so that bitcoins keep ruling the world. Bitcoins are going to rule crypto kingdom forever.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 1128
I don't think Bitcoin will lose its value. As seen from its development bitcoin values continue to increase over time despite accompanied by some decline. Let's we see the value of bitcoin from previous years, it is much lower than bitcoin value at the moment. Not to mention bitcoin will still continues to be developed / still on process of maturation, which seems in the future its value will be even higher from now and will be increasingly used by many peoples i guess.
It is not possible at all for the bitcoins to lose their value in the upcoming years or so. This is because it is a decentralized economy and most of the trading nowadays is done in the form of bitcoins whether it comes to the import and export process or some personal business .From the present status of the bitcoin compared with the past market value ,it could be clear that the price would rise even higher.
Activity: 490
Merit: 262
privacy preserving smart contracts and beyond
Yes it is possible. In dumps, bitcoin and any other coins lose some of its value then goes back slowly. In normal conditions, there are times that bitcoin going up and down as time changes. In extreme conditions like what happened way back then, bitcoin's price goes down real low, looks like its vanishing. But still, they were to recover that and now bitcoin is stable,  going good for business.
Activity: 66
Merit: 0
I would say its is very unlikely to happen ,because bitcoin has a very large base of Most network effect and supporters
Merit: 502
Definitely not. It may dump but will not totally lose its value since no one can stop it.
I hope you know that bitcoin in itself is not the one controlling its own price. We are the ones and it is based on the usual demand and supply. The more the demand of people who are ready to buy at a certain price are, the more valuable it becomes and that is why it is called a digital asset as well. So I do not understand what you meant by saying no one can stop it. Sure! No one can single handedly do, but if there is no support for it, then it becomes nothing and even the devs will not be able to do anything about it.
klf
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
It may be posible to lose the value of bitcoin but I think not for now, the value for now is sometimes increase and sometimes decrease but I'm sure this year it wouldn't be happen because at this time the value of bitcoin Will be high.

Its value goes up and down due to demand and supply. But its price is not backed by any other assets just based on people demand so its prices can fluctuate in both directions very much based news. If bad news comes out then everyone will sell in a panic and its prices go down a lot within a day or two and any good news comes out it will go high. No one can tell what will be the price of bitcoin in future but we all think that its demand will grow and prices can go up.
Activity: 434
Bitcoin can lose its value only if it loses the interest of users, but now a lot of people are interested in bitcoin and there is no reason for a panic that he can die. You need to invest and make a profit.
Bitcoin is now making more users as the time being passed. It is not possible to loss the value of the bitcoin now, the currency of the bitcoin will the future of the money now it is being legal in many countries. Bitcoin can loss the value only if it will be stop using by the people who are investing the huge amount of money in bitcoin.
Bitcoin can lose value thanks to speculators but since bitcoin adoption keeps growing everyday it is impossible for the price to stay down for long, just look at the previous FUD by China and yet the price recovered after just a few days and now is above 4k once again.
Activity: 456
Merit: 250
Reduction of value happens with bitcoin in terms of the capital circulation quite often. This happens when the price fluctutes going low and once after a short when the price increases automatically the capital volume increases. So I don't think at present or in the future the value drops low.
Activity: 386
It may be posible to lose the value of bitcoin but I think not for now, the value for now is sometimes increase and sometimes decrease but I'm sure this year it wouldn't be happen because at this time the value of bitcoin Will be high.
Merit: 509
Such doubts would definitely come for newbies as they don't have adequate knowledge about bitcoin.More over,lots of FUD spreading in the market would also make them panic about their bitcoin investment.Bitcoin is a decentralized currency uncontrolled by any authority and hence its price is uncontrolled y any one.Its price just increases and decreases with increase and decrease in demand for it.But,we could see that today bitcoin is getting legalized in many countries and more companies are accepting bitcoin payments day by day.Mass adoption is taking place all over the world.so,the chance is very less for decrease in demand for bitcoins and hence its price also.So,in this stage,we could believe that bitcoin would not lose its value.
In 2022 there are high chances of bitcoin been seen everywhere. The way it is increasing in its demand can make anyone believe that the bitcoin is going to rule the world in the coming years. Still ruling the world in 2022 may be a little tough but i expect it to make a great success in future.
Merit: 509

Bitcoin can lose its value, but it's hard for bitcoin to lose even 50% its value. If there's a new technology that's better than bitcoin, then that will make bitcoin lose its value.

According to advertising concept; it reflects the fact that something is similar, it is actually a good thing, there are many subcodes right now, many of them are really naughty.

Nope, this can't happen if you look at the market cap of bitcoin. Don't think it too technical way just think it on practical way. What I mean by that is, bitcoin has so much investment already circulating into market that it will always push it up even in the bad times. Forming a new tech and then pumping the value of same would take lot of time and off course investment which is long term and trusted. There have been so many but none of them really crossed bitcoin. I don't think bitcoin it will loose its value so easily.

Agreed on you to that, though nowadays everything is possible to be happen anyway. But at this point of time even bitcoin price now was 3800$ something it doesn't mean it will straight forward to go down, of course its not like that, due to bitcoin established a lot investors in the entire world. So to lost its  value is not going to be happen in our generation now.
Yes of course, it is definitely possible for any currency to lose its market value.  Majority of business setbacks have been resulted from the currency going down. As bitcoin is much more valued, the chances are definitely less than others. But still you cannot predict it to be safe enough to go down.
Pages:
Jump to: