Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it possible for the bitcoin to lose it's value ? - page 81. (Read 35101 times)

Activity: 418
Merit: 106
Hi , I'm new so basically I still have a lot to learn about the cryptocurrency , but I would like to know if it would be possible for the bitcoin to start the downfall ? I mean like what scenario can happen that the bitcoin would be pushed back like 5-6 years ?
Sorry if my post is in the wrong place or it's not relevant.
If we are to remember what happened way back 2013 where bitcoin go down so hard that it made many people feel disappointed ending up for them to sell all of their bitcoin. Those who did not sell their bitcoin ended up fortunate due to the sudden increase of bitcoin's value. So if I were to estimate the possibility that bitcoin will go down hard again, I think it would be so little because bitcoin is already being popular through all the countries of the world. This will end up to more innovation for the bitcoin's vulnerability on losing it's value.
Activity: 292
Merit: 250
By looking at how bitcoin, I dont think it will lose its value. Because among any other crypto and digital currency bitcoin is reigning. But I believe that everything has an end. It may not be as soon as we know but there's always a limit. So now, enjoy every second you have in bitcoin. Do not think about the future, what matters is today.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041
Since the market of bitcoin is only based on the possible demand whether it is buy or sell, the price of bitcoin can be lessen or significantly lose its value because there is no one that will support the price of bitcoin when the demand is gone and all the bitcoin users will be just selling it and dumping it until the value gets 0.
Could you come up with any valid reason for people to turn not to support bitcoin prices ?
If you have any reasons like alien attack/ atomic bombing/world wide Internet problem, people will lose their interest on bitcoin and stop their support then you can expect bitcoin demand to get decrease drastically so that prices will be getting very low.

Even I am sure prices may fall drastic but never reach zero. Because there could be some people they will always keep their faith on bitcoin hence they will never let bitcoin prices reaching zero. I like to mention here, I will be one of them.
Activity: 455
Merit: 106
Guys thank you for the answers , but I'm not reffering to the 10-20 % spike in value , I mean like a complete downfall , lets say for it's price to go down to something like a few $.

The probability of Bitcoin loosing its value is not totally impossible but i can say that loosing bitcoin's value is close to impossible, applying the "law of supply and demand", once the bitcoin value go down, then many bitcoin users can buy, once many have bought therefore the stock of bitcoin becomes less, then the one who manages the bitcoin would decide to rise the value again so that stability will take effect. Once the value of bitcoin rises, then many sellers will sell their stocks of bitcoin,if many sellers sold their bitcoin, the one who manage bitcoin will decide to decrease the value of bitcoin therefore making it stable again. It is a never ending cycle though.

If there are many buyers, the product will increase its price to main "equity", if there are few buyers, the product will decrease its price to maintain "equity". well that is how i remember the "law of supply and demand".
Activity: 644
Merit: 261
It's possible because all of us has no idea of what the future will be only speculations. Bitcoin's value go down massively a few years ago because of an unforeseen event and people panic so they immediately sold their coins but then it was able to go up and now bitcoin is slowly becoming popular and more people are either investing to or trading it. Though its price is still volatile but it still continues to go up which means a higher demand.
Activity: 267
Merit: 255
Since the market of bitcoin is only based on the possible demand whether it is buy or sell, the price of bitcoin can be lessen or significantly lose its value because there is no one that will support the price of bitcoin when the demand is gone and all the bitcoin users will be just selling it and dumping it until the value gets 0.

But you'd have to admit this is pretty unlikely, right? I could only see this happening if something catastrophic happened, like SHA256 being broken. Even then, the community would probably be united by incentive to agree on a new hashing algorithm if that happened, and Bitcoin would probably recover.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
Activity: 378
I don't think it is possible for Bitcoin to loose all its value as many people believe in Bitcoin and they have invested their money in it. Bitcoin is only growing and gaining popularity everyday so we can only expect growth from it. Minor pumps and dumps may be possible.
very honestly everything is possible and bitcoin can lose all its value, but i think bitcoin is now becoming so strong that it is now becoming so much difficult to happen. we can see that bitcoin is now becoming more stronger and in fact people are making even more stronger because they are putting more trust on bitcoin.
Activity: 588
I don't think it is possible for Bitcoin to loose all its value as many people believe in Bitcoin and they have invested their money in it. Bitcoin is only growing and gaining popularity everyday so we can only expect growth from it. Minor pumps and dumps may be possible.
Minor pumps and dumps on market very normally, if don't have the volatility on marketplace, how to trader earning money from this place? So, don't let small dumps make you worry about the future of Bitcoin Wink
Activity: 462
Activity: 448
Hi , I'm new so basically I still have a lot to learn about the cryptocurrency , but I would like to know if it would be possible for the bitcoin to start the downfall ? I mean like what scenario can happen that the bitcoin would be pushed back like 5-6 years ?

Bitcoin lost %80 of its value after the GoX crash in late 2013. People panic sold their coins in despair. The price fell from over 1k$ to as low as 200$ in time. The recovery took very long time but those who hold their coins won the jackpot. Even the top buyers made at east %100 profits since then.

Can bitcoin lose its value? Yes. Only for a time.

In the long run, there will be a recovery as always.

The Solution: If you won't be able to deal with the pain of holding bitcoins for long years, only hold the amount you can afford to lose.
I agree.Yes it is possible. But not totally lose all of its value. It may just experience crisis like deflation, which will cause bitcoin's price dramatically go low due to so event that takes place. It is unavoidable because it just go through a cycle. When it is high, some might become interested to it and do something to get it. If their ways are wicked, they may cause it to crash, producing problem to it. As the problem arises, an amount is needed to solve it, it depends on how big the problem is, causing deflation
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1140
In this world, nothing seems to be permanent except change itself and as I've read about some books before. So in that quote it might happen, but when it will happen is the big question. Bitcoin will not loss its value until then.
This is true, nothing on this world last forever and anything do really have its ending but  as you said we wont know on when it would happen specially on bitcoin. As long there are users on it then it wont easily die for sure and thinking off that we are just starting as of now we are still young and there are still lots of potential to happen on bitcoin.Adoption will increase overtime even more which means it would really come stronger.
Activity: 602
Merit: 252
In this world, nothing seems to be permanent except change itself and as I've read about some books before. So in that quote it might happen, but when it will happen is the big question. Bitcoin will not loss its value until then.
As the entire system is dependent on a decentralized platform none can give a clear description of what happens tomorrow. Everything is believed and moved based on the growth as well long lasting compared to several other digital currencies that has lost value in the same time.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Activity: 1274
Merit: 252
I don't think bitcoin will fall so deep because if you look at the current price and the number of bitcoin users and interest from new users, that's very unlikely to lose value
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
It is  possible , But I think not now . People are slowly accepting bitcoin like having it legal from a country and making it as a payment option to other stores. Knowing bitcoin by new person is making bitcoin price go high and higher because of the hype of its price that are continously going higher.

I think it do not have a possibility of losing it's value. There are a lot of users that are wanting to grab their own bitcoins (not literally). And you said it yourself that new persons are being attracted to these digital currency making the price continuously high, so as I think as long as there are users, it will not lose it's value.
Activity: 532
Presale is live!
Yes, it's possible to happen like MtGox and Bitfinex accident few months ago which the price of Bitcoin dumped for more than 30 - 50% because people panicked with this accident and try to sell all of their Bitcoin to safe their funds but do you know ? . The price is recover back and maybe someone regret because sold their Bitcoin/

Speaking of those price drops, I feel like an absolute moron for not buying when the price hit $1,850 on BTC-e. If so, I would have my money back soon when they reopen and now I think it will be gone forever. I think if exchanges continue robbing from us Bitcoin will never go up in value. We need exchanges that are honest and transparent.

Activity: 357
Merit: 260

Hello, If you are going to read some topics or article about crypto currencies, then you will understand all about it. Reading is the most important and wide understanding to broaden your knowledge. Let's proceed to your question about the downfall of bitcoin, Well, for your information, bitcoin doesn't have a fixed price and we all know especially for us (Bitcoin Users) that the price of it was constantly fluctuating because it depends on the demand and supply this is the number one reason why bitcoin prices were changing. We could only predict the future of bitcoin. 5-6 years? Maybe still bitcoin exists and just around the corner.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 526
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
Yes, it's possible to happen like MtGox and Bitfinex accident few months ago which the price of Bitcoin dumped for more than 30 - 50% because people panicked with this accident and try to sell all of their Bitcoin to safe their funds but do you know ? . The price is recover back and maybe someone regret because sold their Bitcoin/
Activity: 1652
Merit: 518
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
yes bitcoin may go down below $2000 but look it at positive don't sell but buy more and I think bitcoins will stay in market for forever.

We do not know when the bitcoin lose value, And not all the time bitcoin is always high the and down the value.
But thats true we must think postive always and don't look down when the bitcoin lose value, Must better to hold your bitcoin if the value is lose
and wait the bitccoin rise.
Pages:
Jump to: