Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it risky to buy not top 100 crypto currencies? - page 92. (Read 8816 times)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
Yes, it can be risky. It depends on projects, your knowledge and skills. But you can get a very good profit.
may be at risk maybe not, you're right it will depend on the specifications and goals of their project, now there are thousands of coins
and lots of coins keep coming, and if you just focus on the best 100 coins, maybe you'll miss a new coin that may have big potential right?
Activity: 644
Merit: 10
CurioInvest [IEO Live]
in my opinion it is certainly too risky if it is done now. because the current market really is very selective towards the coin. Many coins do not have the future finally had to burn. This is because the market has not been fit more coins again. then there must be sacrificed. Feared, if you are investing in coins that are indiscriminate, or not on the order of 100. Then the coin will participate in the burn as well. Dear money you spend for investment if it is to happen.
Activity: 196
Yes, it can be risky. It depends on projects, your knowledge and skills. But you can get a very good profit.
Activity: 242
Merit: 100
No, it isn't. Many good projects still undervalue and under ICO price too.
that's chance for you to grab some cheap one. just make sure you know about the thing you buy
Activity: 358
Merit: 11
Not all that risky to buy alternative currency that is not part of top 100 cryptocurrencies. Imagine those of the top five was once below top 100 coins. In such a case you need a discretion to determine if the coins that is below the top 100 coins has the capacity to rise to the top, then that is the opportunity to make money from it by buying it low and later sell it high.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Hey what do you think, is it risky to buy crypto currencies that are not top 100? I mean do you have a higher chance to lose your money or not?
Opportunities for losses are enormous because coins that are outside the big 100 have not had a good level of confidence, it is the main cause that the price of the coin can decline very drastically and is difficult to develop. But the other side that the coin can experience the pumping done by the developer coin, it certainly can make us get extraordinary profits. But again that is a speculation and everything can happen. Choose according to circumstances and I am sure that you can choose the best.
Activity: 854
Merit: 102
PHORE
I think it's not risky to buy altcoins that are not in the top 100 because others make it a way to make their project better and better with other exchangers that are well-known and know your other altcoins and just sleeping but when it comes to a beautiful partnership sure increases their price
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
No it's not, provided you did your research. You want to look at the following, among other things, when investing in cryptos outside the top 100 (remember that even top 100 has some really scammy/dubious cryptos)

- The quality of the team: AKA, are there any notable people that have already had a distinguished career in the field, and do they have a strong academic background?
- Roadmap: Is the crypto's roadmap reasonable and not too long or too short? Have they had trouble sticking to schedule in the past?
- Use case: Is the token or coin really valuable? Is the token needed for the product to work? Does the token give good value to the holders?

These three are the most important things to consider IMO. The token Ambrosus for example passes all three tests really well.
Activity: 216
Best solution for smart cities
Hey what do you think, is it risky to buy crypto currencies that are not top 100? I mean do you have a higher chance to lose your money or not?
not entirely true and sometimes there are coins in the rank under 100 with a low market cap, but he can give a high profit. so this is still based on the results of our research and luck.
Activity: 154
Merit: 6
No in 100 crypto currencies have risk and after 100 coins have good coins so its depended by your know about coin which one you select for investment so if you select good coins then you will get good profits
Activity: 140
I think the top 100 coins have struggled to grow from scratch, they appear unrecognized then they start to be known, the coins that come out of the list of 100 have hopes and chances to grow into big coins, there's no reason to be afraid to invest in coins.
Activity: 238
Actually all type cryptocurrency is risky though they are top of 100 or not because all remain risky.
However, not top 100 in marketcap have more risk compare with top 100 market. So all depending on our choice to 100 or not.
Activity: 18
Buying a top 20 coin isn't a guarantee for success either. Bitconnect was a top 20 coin even though we all know what happened with that. If you trust the team and the product then i'd say there's more upside to buying a coin outside the top 100 with the same amount of risk.
Activity: 266
Merit: 41
Risky? Yes. Too risky? It all depends on your risk-reward comfort levels, PLUS your knowledge and ability to both read the market and understand whether coins outside the top 100 are still in a growth phase, simply undervalued, or never going to get anywhere.

Remember, if there are 200 quality crypto in the entire market, there can still only be 100 in the top 100 (pretty obvious).  And come currently in the top 100 may not be truly worthy of their place there in the future.
Activity: 714
Merit: 257

It is as risky as buying altcoins that are in the top 100 list on coinmarketcap. it can be risky but it can bring you good gains. I would say they are the same as every other alts
Activity: 434
Merit: 104
Esport Ecosystem
yes it is to risky to make investment on it, but sometimes it can give us huge reward. the not top 100 cmc list, especially the brand new coin are still have plenty room to grow. but before make investment on it, make sure that we have to look up into how active they are in their communities, their developer, social media activities. sometimes I make investment on it, but for a brand new one and not for coin that more than 1 years of age.
Activity: 672
Merit: 252
Until the end
Risk is commensurate with reward.  The more risky something is the more potential for reward or loss is.  Having said that, if you only put a small part of your portfolio in lowcap coins you can reap huge rewards.

I have had great luck with hunting these gems.  It hasn't made me a lot of money but I can turn .01 BTC into .03 BTC in a few days with some of these coins.  Yes those are small numbers but some of these coins have market capitalizations under 1,000,000 and trading too many at once could have a negative impact on that market.

And yes I have gone from .01 BTC to .005 or worse BTC too.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

Nothing to do with top 100 or not but you need to look at the project features and which team or person behind the project. Because at the beginning most of the projects will not be in top position but it takes time to gain the attention from investors. So if you recognise the project potential much early then you can make a lot for the money. If you can't research for some reason then always good to go with top few coins, not top 100 coins.
Activity: 294
Definitely, but, in the other way, you can earn more money than you usually make. Look at Cryptopia exchange, it has a lot of shitcoin but it can gain up to 5000% for a coin, but the risk is you have to be fast to sell in profit you wanted to make or you can expect for the price that cannot make you happy (you know what I mean)
Activity: 397
Merit: 250
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
I think it is. They may be not so good as we can make in the other coins. We have a higer risk to lose our moeny with the not so reliable coins so you need to be careful.
Pages:
Jump to: