Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it safe to buy using Bitcoin - page 3. (Read 1463 times)

Activity: 469
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
October 03, 2019, 07:24:41 AM
Hello:
I am new to cryptos and I must say that my first experience has been a bad one, I recently visited antminerusa.com and purchased some hardware, that was about 10 days ago, I paid using BTC, now the site is no longer available, its been down for 3 days maybe a bit more, this lead me to think this website is a scam.  Now what should I do to recover my BTC, if the purchase where made using a credit card, I would report it to my bank and they could void or cancel payment, but with BTC what should I do?, if there is nothing that I can do, then it is obvious that using cryptos is a scammers paradise because there is no protection to buyer (that I know), unless there is a way to introduce the complain in the chain in order to reverse payment.
This is the transaction id 30dc4f431ac3db1949b330ab8cd31d1bb019d4831e24cd7cd7f4215fca73073b if anyone could share some light I would appreciete it.
This is unfortunately a sad reality when using bitcoin. If you do not carry out the appropriate research you will always get bitten in the backside, not only for bitcoin but all forms of payment. However, it is most dangerous when using bitcoin as it is completely irreversible. Some banks may be able to offer a refund if you paid using credit card or even better, payment processors such as paypal would definitely help you get your money back.

The safest thing to do is research the websites and merchants you are purchasing from to ensure that they are reputable before sending any bitcoin. In fact, holding bitcoin is probably the best thing to do instead of spending it.
Activity: 139
Merit: 0
October 03, 2019, 07:00:03 AM
it's supposed to be though, but maybe because of price instability some people wont trust to have it as means of payment
Activity: 476
Merit: 108
October 03, 2019, 06:49:36 AM
If your transacting on a trusted site or establishment then there should be no problem or
hassle at all. I think it's more alluring to some shops and sites having bitcoin as modes of
payment. It would be safer if a return policy option is also offered and available since it's
not like real money or credit that can reverse the process and return the valued amount of
a product or service. Just try to avoid any suspicious transactions and sites that might
eventually lead to scams, apparently there are a lot that going around.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
October 03, 2019, 05:36:48 AM
If you are buying from recognized brands and top-notch websites then I don't see a problem at all because it is no different than using Paypal or fiat to buy goods and services. I f you are purchasing stuff though, from unknown sites, I would prefer to use an escrow or if it is for large amounts, get some kind of contract legally drawn up first before handing over my Bitcoin. Some people are buying houses with BTC, so of course, I would highly recommend that they put some legal contracts in place to facilitate a smoothe transaction.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
October 03, 2019, 03:31:56 AM
Hello:
I am new to cryptos and I must say that my first experience has been a bad one, I recently visited antminerusa.com and purchased some hardware, that was about 10 days ago, I paid using BTC, now the site is no longer available, its been down for 3 days maybe a bit more, this lead me to think this website is a scam.  Now what should I do to recover my BTC, if the purchase where made using a credit card, I would report it to my bank and they could void or cancel payment, but with BTC what should I do?, if there is nothing that I can do, then it is obvious that using cryptos is a scammers paradise because there is no protection to buyer (that I know), unless there is a way to introduce the complain in the chain in order to reverse payment.
This is the transaction id 30dc4f431ac3db1949b330ab8cd31d1bb019d4831e24cd7cd7f4215fca73073b if anyone could share some light I would appreciete it.

Bitcoin is safe and it is really helpful too, but Bitcoin can be a tools or way to use by someone who has a bad intention to anyone.
Just like the Website you used were you think it is trusted shopping online who bitcoin accepted but in the end its not a good one.
the site platform was not accessible anymore, in short you are already  victimized by it with the scam site. So, take this as a lesson.

I think before we decide to buy on an online website, we need to make sure that the online store was really trustable. So we don't have to afraid if they will trick us although they can do that with ease. After we can get the right information about the website, we can continue to buy a product from them.

He has a good lesson in this case, and he can prevent to get the same experience in the future. He can also tell other people to avoid the unknown online website if they can not get the right info. We need to search before we buy anything from them.
Activity: 685
October 03, 2019, 03:19:20 AM
Hello:

Bitcoin is safe and it is really helpful too, but Bitcoin can be a tools or way to use by someone who has a bad intention to anyone.
Just like the Website you used were you think it is trusted shopping online who bitcoin accepted but in the end its not a good one.
the site platform was not accessible anymore, in short you are already  victimized by it with the scam site. So, take this as a lesson.
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
October 03, 2019, 02:18:33 AM
So many people are trying to take advantage of the man nymity of cryptocurrencies and scam people of their hard earned funds. Always make sure any marketplace you are trading on is well known in the industry and probably have also read positive comments about people receiving their orders. Don't make any purchase from new websites else you will lose your money. I don't think you will get your money back so learn the lesson from this experience and stay safe!
Activity: 630
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
October 02, 2019, 07:31:02 PM
Hello:
I am new to cryptos and I must say that my first experience has been a bad one, I recently visited antminerusa.com and purchased some hardware, that was about 10 days ago, I paid using BTC, now the site is no longer available, its been down for 3 days maybe a bit more, this lead me to think this website is a scam.  Now what should I do to recover my BTC, if the purchase where made using a credit card, I would report it to my bank and they could void or cancel payment, but with BTC what should I do?, if there is nothing that I can do, then it is obvious that using cryptos is a scammers paradise because there is no protection to buyer (that I know), unless there is a way to introduce the complain in the chain in order to reverse payment.
You should have investigate at first to know if the site is legit in the first place. Not because it is related to bitcoin it doesn't mean that it is always legit. unfortunately we cannot reverse transactions done through bitcoin. I feel sorry for you but you should move on.

Thats one of the downside of blockchains and cryptos which is difficult to do reverse transaction. If you are dealing with scammer and frauds it is highly chance that you can't expect some refunds and return back. Unless the site you are buying or purchasing something using bitcoins or buying bitcoins itself is legitimate you won't expect any kinds of these experiences.
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
October 02, 2019, 02:00:21 PM
Hello:
I am new to cryptos and I must say that my first experience has been a bad one, I recently visited antminerusa.com and purchased some hardware, that was about 10 days ago, I paid using BTC, now the site is no longer available, its been down for 3 days maybe a bit more, this lead me to think this website is a scam.  Now what should I do to recover my BTC, if the purchase where made using a credit card, I would report it to my bank and they could void or cancel payment, but with BTC what should I do?, if there is nothing that I can do, then it is obvious that using cryptos is a scammers paradise because there is no protection to buyer (that I know), unless there is a way to introduce the complain in the chain in order to reverse payment.
You should have investigate at first to know if the site is legit in the first place. Not because it is related to bitcoin it doesn't mean that it is always legit. unfortunately we cannot reverse transactions done through bitcoin. I feel sorry for you but you should move on.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 305
Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week
October 02, 2019, 01:29:25 PM
Hello:
You cannot actually blame it to bitcoin alone, there are plenty of people who are using bitcoin as a mean of payment and most of it are successful. You were just unlucky that you didn't checked out the credibility of the website you are buying to. Next time, make sure that the site you are going to buy with the use bitcoin is trusted so you can avoid giving out money to the scammers.
Well, that's right, it depends on the site or establishment that you are going to pay using your bitcoin. You must check first if it's legit and also you should check first the review and background of that site or establishment to avoid any problem with your transactions because bitcoin payment is not reversible. Sometimes laziness will bring us into a failure transaction, we must take this a lesson to learn and don't let it happen again.
Activity: 756
Merit: 268
October 02, 2019, 06:05:34 AM
Hello:
You cannot actually blame it to bitcoin alone, there are plenty of people who are using bitcoin as a mean of payment and most of it are successful. You were just unlucky that you didn't checked out the credibility of the website you are buying to. Next time, make sure that the site you are going to buy with the use bitcoin is trusted so you can avoid giving out money to the scammers.
Activity: 37
Merit: 1
October 01, 2019, 05:35:44 AM
People need to understand that by taking away trust from banks (and credit card, payment companies etc) you also acquire the responsibility that was entitled to them. Now no one can take your money unless you let them. The freedom granted by bitcoin also gives you the responsibility to research where and with who you spend your bitcoin.

Finally, if you get scammed, hacked, bamboozled then you learn from it, lick your wounds and become wiser in how to prevent these risks. In this bitcoin space you need to put the big boy pants and be more proactive. DYOR.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 566
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
October 01, 2019, 04:29:11 AM
it is safe as long as you know what you are doing letting random stranger hold your money is a no go becausee you letting them and and letting them scam you. it better to do you own research to know what you will do and when you will do it. only you has a responsiblity to do what you do in the crypro world

Yes it's also suggested to do plenty of research and seek review from those people who are already into it as they will be able to provide better insight as our instinct can fail us sometime. There are lot of scam sites like this who do extensive marketing just to trap newbies as the tenured users can easily make out the difference between genuine and fake sites.
Activity: 812
Merit: 262
October 01, 2019, 03:48:06 AM
Hello:
There are some situation that we need to become careful on using some bitcoin and buying some stuff with this kind of transaction. But we have some responsibility on this. We need to check some information before doing some transaction with the bitcoin. It must safe to used bitcoin if you surely know the transaction very well.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
October 01, 2019, 03:42:46 AM
antminerusa.com has a scam allegation before. Refer to this. OP finding some legit store and verifying the store here in the forum is a thing to do especially that you are buying goods online.

It seems that the store webiste “antminerusa” does exist for years after that scam allegation.
Activity: 910
Merit: 251
October 01, 2019, 12:08:01 AM
Hello:

I can't open the site anymore, I think the site wants you to feel like a victim of a scam. Then if you were able to send Bitcoin to the address they provided, there is a high chance that you will not recover it, so there is no way for you to return it. Well, you're not exactly a credit card you can cancel but with Bitcoin not really. Sorry, we can do nothing about your problem.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 251
September 30, 2019, 10:05:50 PM
Sad to read this kind of story that you got scam by untrusted site. It is our own responsibility not to trust easily when buying or purchasing a hardware to a non legitimate webiste. Usually it is safe to buy using bitcoin the problem is there are a lot of fraud and scam site to earn money. A must to check before buying check the feedback first of a site if it is legit or not.
Activity: 924
Merit: 502
September 30, 2019, 08:50:21 PM
Hello:

That sort of scam happens a lot more in fiat transactions. And it's your responsibility to make sure that you're making purchases on legitimate sites. Once your bitcoin transaction goes through, there's basically no way to recover it anymore. That's one downside of crypto payments that can be negated by buyers being extra careful before clicking that send or confirm button. Don't just try to look for the product, best to have sufficient info about the seller and their platform.
Activity: 530
September 30, 2019, 06:24:02 PM
if you want to buy using Bitcoin, between an individual person and yourself, then you should use an escrow service. An escrow service will hold your Bitcoin so that the other party can't run away with your Bitcoin without giving you the product. If you want to purchase on a website , ensure that they use a qualified program like pit pay or other that is well-known not to be a scam.
Activity: 966
Merit: 104
September 30, 2019, 04:48:53 PM
Always safe but when you get scam website you will be not available to get back your bitcoin, but using other payment maybe you can dispute your transaction if some website have scam your business.
Using suspicious resources, as well as various websites and online stores about which there are no reviews and certain information is missing, we endanger ourselves and our funds, regardless of what you use as a means of payment.  Fraudsters can steal from you not only cryptocurrency, but also fiat currencies, so before you do anything and buy, we need to make sure the authority of this or that resource.
Pages:
Jump to: