Author

Topic: Is it safe to participate in ICO's? - page 102. (Read 15577 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 100
November 17, 2017, 02:29:33 PM
Cryptocurrency and ICO, the company is very profitable yet very risky. In any case, a lot to invest is not worth it. Because you can lose everything.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
November 17, 2017, 02:03:35 PM
WeLLLL, there are always multiple risks of participating in an ICO. The first is that the project might not go well and the coins that are delivered in exchange for money will not worth anything. The biggest problems with the ICO is , that your money can be stoled.

The security of the crypto currency is not correct and someone manages to steal all the money. The most recent case is that of DAO, where more than $150 million were stolen, money that investors lost.

Another risk is that these type of operations are not regulated, and are outside the conventional financial system. This does not appeal to governments for several reasons. On the one hand because they lose control of money and taxes; on the other, because these ICOs can be used for criminal activities.
Activity: 358
Merit: 11
November 17, 2017, 01:43:07 PM
Is same as ,is it safe to invest in stocks, fx or your own business. In all this business, it requires risk, diligent research and background search to find out if it will be profitable. Apply the same method to ICO and you will know if it safe to invest in ICO or not.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 791
Reward: 10M Shen (Approx. 5000 BNB) Bounty
November 17, 2017, 01:40:27 PM
Right now there are many ICOs coming out, is it really safe to participate in any of it and spend that much? In participating ICOs I have high hopes that these coins could be the next Bitcoin or other currencies that are really going up in the market.

It will always be risky to make investment in anything. In this case also, there are a lot of scam ICOs are also there, so you have to be very carefull before investing in any ICO. First carefully go through the whitepaper of the ICO any see the idea of the project is really worth or not. Also check about the team of the project and check for few more factors. Then make your investment.

It's atill legit and safe depwnding on the project details, we will nevwe know atleast we study it and do research from its content to its team and if the peojwct seems realistic and profitable
Activity: 210
A BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTION TO DISRUPT TRADE FINANCE
November 17, 2017, 01:31:51 PM
Right now there are many ICOs coming out, is it really safe to participate in any of it and spend that much? In participating ICOs I have high hopes that these coins could be the next Bitcoin or other currencies that are really going up in the market.

It will always be risky to make investment in anything. In this case also, there are a lot of scam ICOs are also there, so you have to be very carefull before investing in any ICO. First carefully go through the whitepaper of the ICO any see the idea of the project is really worth or not. Also check about the team of the project and check for few more factors. Then make your investment.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
November 17, 2017, 01:14:31 PM
there are so many ico there and it is really hard to distinguish which is a scam or not especially when the developers are good at scamming. Most icos there are scam but I can say that there are still legit and trusted icos. do your own research about them,read their project platform and the goal of the project,try to look if they are experienced enough,read about the team of developers and the desciption of the full project then invest at your own risk .It is like a gambling because you might lose what you invested or gain whatever amount you invested.
All things from your said can fake by them. First of all, you can't confirm the information of them if you don't have real information or chance to meet directly. That's the disvantages of ICO through online and the government always alert about this issue. Beside that, almost the investors of ICO all want to make money and take profits within short term but they don't know this form is also an investment type for long term as IPO, stock ...
Activity: 630
Merit: 103
November 17, 2017, 07:55:56 AM
participating in ICOs is safe and harmless,but the project must have a good long developers for you to be sure that it will go moon in the future.

Not all ICO's are proven safe because some are scam that is why some here got their negative trust because it just like they help to promote the scam ICO's. Before joining any ICO you should check and review it carefully using the internet as the main tool then you should check for the campaign managers background because good managers will check carefully the ICO that they would handle because their good reputation is at stake.
Activity: 364
November 17, 2017, 07:49:57 AM
for certainty of whether or not safe ico investment, we must be careful in following the ico, see references from various parties to further convince
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
November 17, 2017, 05:14:15 AM
I bought number of Tezos tokens and all its accounts are frozen and under the investigation of US government. This isn’t a single example of ICO’s faults. If you are not a professional in this area, it is better to invest in well-known currency.
Activity: 210
Merit: 106
November 17, 2017, 03:20:03 AM
Every investment is a risk. Best you can do is your own research and place your bets in the product that you believe in the most.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
November 17, 2017, 02:38:37 AM
there are so many ico there and it is really hard to distinguish which is a scam or not especially when the developers are good at scamming. Most icos there are scam but I can say that there are still legit and trusted icos. do your own research about them,read their project platform and the goal of the project,try to look if they are experienced enough,read about the team of developers and the desciption of the full project then invest at your own risk .It is like a gambling because you might lose what you invested or gain whatever amount you invested.
Activity: 257
Merit: 11
November 17, 2017, 02:34:48 AM
participating in ICOs is safe and harmless,but the project must have a good long developers for you to be sure that it will go moon in the future.
Activity: 40
November 16, 2017, 09:41:24 PM
Participating in ICO's is an investment. There are always two sides in every investment. Whether you gain or you lose. It's no different in participating in ICO. Most people who invest in ICO profits while some of them are not. So for me it's not a question of safety, it's a question of decision making. Before you invest in ICO, make sure you planned it and you study the ICO you are investing with.
Activity: 56
November 16, 2017, 09:01:29 PM
It’s hard to figure out the shortcomings on the fly, once the ICO has started. Not only is it hard, you’re likely to miss out on participating since ICOs have been selling out so fast!
Activity: 35
November 16, 2017, 08:53:10 PM
ICO's cannot be considered a "safe investment,"but rather a high-risk investment with the potential of high returns.Caution must be exercised to prevent from being blinded by the lure of big returns and potentially falling off the investment cliff.The smart way to invest is to never invest more than you are willing to lose
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
November 16, 2017, 06:48:21 PM
Not safe if you are in South Korea right now.
why is not it safe to participate in ico in south korea? whether due to political conditions or other causes?
In South Korea, the ICO was banned after China, since they can not control it. They also do not recognize bitcoin. Maybe over time they will change their mind with the popularity of crypto currency!   
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
DONATION SENPAI PLEASE <3 <3
November 16, 2017, 12:55:44 PM
Your right, there are many ICOs that are coming out and I would not say that its safe to participate because you are investing on something and remember there is always risks on investing. It's totally up to you if you want to invest on new coins or the old ones but we can't predict the future so we don't know if that could be the next bitcoin or not. It's okay to think like that but just be careful because some of the ICOs will not succeed and you don't wanna waste your money with that. Good luck  Wink.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
WEICROWD.COM - ICO Tech, Funding & Exchange
November 16, 2017, 02:17:46 AM
As safe as our research. DD all the way.
Activity: 532
Merit: 106
November 16, 2017, 01:59:13 AM

Depending on your campaign. Before you join, first try to scan it carefully to find out the source, what is their purpose. To get you an idea if this is true. See also the number of people involved In the bounty, ico, and so on. Find out who the developer is and their real Personality. There you will know whether the ICO will be safe.
Activity: 994
Merit: 507
November 16, 2017, 01:18:44 AM
It's safe if you do your research and know what (and who) you're buying.
but to do my own research will take time, if I think if ico was followed by many participants and many people who commented well then ico is safe
I used to think this too. But then I came to know of bounty campaigns by ICO's which means most of the comments on this website and followers of such ICos on social media like facebook, twitter etc are paid for.
Yes. That's kind of a stupid thing where you base your judgement as how many people follows it while there are decent ICOs out there who needs more attention and really deserves that attention than those who are popular scammy ICOs. We should stick to research and judge ny ourself whether it is worth it or not.
Jump to: