Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it safe to participate in ICO's? - page 98. (Read 15577 times)

Activity: 1274
Merit: 513
November 20, 2017, 09:44:53 PM
We don't know what actually happen to the ICO you joined. Better if you make a lot of research if tjis project is safe if they have escrow and for sure you will earn more profit if the ICO become successful and once the token or the coin will be listed you  will earn a lot of profit. Invest only you can afford to lose because you don't if the project will be bright or not in the future.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS
November 20, 2017, 09:42:10 PM
Actually it is depending on the ico if it is reliable or not because some of them are scammers. One of the example is cartaxi, They did not pay the correct amount to the users who participate in their campaign before and i am one of them.
Activity: 962
Merit: 269
CryptoDirectories.com
November 20, 2017, 09:22:56 PM
Right now there are many ICOs coming out, is it really safe to participate in any of it and spend that much? In participating ICOs I have high hopes that these coins could be the next Bitcoin or other currencies that are really going up in the market.
investing online is always have a risk and not really safe
but there still some ico where you can get a lot profit if you will just see the real worth on it
and in ICO its always long term your hand must not weak and have a lot of patience
to make sure in your investment make a lot research and maybe soon you will earn big on it
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
November 20, 2017, 08:52:37 PM
New coins don’t seem to be the new Bitcoin I think:)but you should choose projects, which already have working technology and product.Good luck for everybody
Activity: 35
November 20, 2017, 08:41:46 PM
The answer should be nop.In the past you'd partecipate in ICos hoping for a rapid increase in price once the tokens hit the market. However, lately the token's price tanks after hitting the exchanges, so that it becomes more convenient to buy them there instead of at the ICO.
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
November 20, 2017, 03:01:39 PM
To accept or not to participate in the ICO, it is impossible to give unequivocal advice, here everyone must decide on his own. Moreover, if such participation is manifested in the form of direct investment. If we are talking about participation in various generosity campaigns, then it is easier, because in this case you can only lose your time and work, and not money. Therefore, if we are talking about signature campaigns, it is better to take part in them. When you're lucky, and when not. However, this occupation is interesting and mostly profitable
Activity: 868
Merit: 333
November 20, 2017, 02:19:52 PM
it depends. i must say that its good to participate in ICOs, but we cannot guarantee its safety, the safety of every investors money is on the hand of the developer, we're not so sure if there money was going back and become profitable.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 500
November 20, 2017, 02:16:58 PM
Investment is always risky operation, investing in cryptocurrencies is very-risky operation, you can get a thousand-percent profit or loose everything. You must understand technology/business/token and only then start thinking about investing, not vice versa.
Activity: 490
Merit: 101
November 20, 2017, 02:03:52 PM
Before you drop any money into an ICO, do your research. Look at the team, the roadmap, vision, how realistic the vision is, and what experience they have in the field. Two promising ones currently taking place are Earth Token and Trade.io.

I took part in the Power Ledger token sale because the company was already established and operating for several years in their product's vertical. Within days of the ICO completion they've been awarded an $8mm contract from the Australian government, and are about to tie up a deal in india. POWR is now 10x the ICO price.

There are no guarantees with any ICO/start-up, just do your research and watch out for dodgy token sales like one I found yesterday claiming to use the abandoned SegWit2x code (on an ECR20 token) and claiming their token was worth $3.2 because they transferred some to Etherdelta, and setup a bunch of sell orders (token isn't listed on the main menu). 
Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
November 20, 2017, 01:14:59 PM
Right now there are many ICOs coming out, is it really safe to participate in any of it and spend that much? In participating ICOs I have high hopes that these coins could be the next Bitcoin or other currencies that are really going up in the market.
Ture there are many ICO coming up now. And it is good to participate in them as long as You know how to choose the right one ICO project. Because if your not sure about it better not to invest unto it. JUst always chek their whitepaper, the team must be active, and they must have also an escrow too also the campaign manager has to have a good reputation in this industry.
Activity: 196
November 20, 2017, 01:07:10 PM
It is not always safe. Due diligence on your part must be practiced to reduce the risk (cryptos are very risky by nature).
Even the overly hyped ICOs are not immune to drama and sometimes fail.

I follow this steps when checking ICOs.

1. Roadmap + Whitepaper
2. Problem that it solves? - Is it useful?
3. Team - not really that important to me sometimes
4. Ratings - look into sites like ICObench or other similar sites
5 Search in youtube some reviews.
Activity: 203
Was that was it was?
November 20, 2017, 01:03:03 PM
safe is not something we can't guarantee, this is why research is required and crucial before joining an ico because there are a lot of scammers lurking around, this is one of the reasons why icos were banned in China, but dont get me wrong there are a lot of good ICOS and like they said ICOs are great investment but you need to choose wisely.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
November 20, 2017, 12:57:20 PM
ICOs are great investments. Just choose wisely. Other ICOs end up scam so do your research also. Try checking Pundi X. Its worth you money to invest here.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bountyico-2000eth-pundi-x-any-store-can-buy-sell-and-accept-crypto-2216833
Activity: 2520
Merit: 783
November 20, 2017, 12:43:10 PM
ICO is an investment and all of the investment has its own risk and you should know that. Participating in ICO is not that safe because you need to deal with a lot of risks and things to do before you completely invest in ICO. ICOs are a good way to make more wealth but it has a higher risk than investing in top altcoins so you should be careful enough to not get into scam ICOs.
Activity: 300
Merit: 10
Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks
November 20, 2017, 08:25:34 AM
I think we can not figure out what ico projects is safe to invest so, we always have to take that risk and do research carefully before invest in that ico, everything too big is always risky so you must accept these risks to have a chance become rich.
Activity: 294
November 20, 2017, 08:23:21 AM
You're much more likely to end up with nothing than to earn a lot with those investments if you do not pick the correct ICO's.
Activity: 11
November 20, 2017, 08:15:57 AM
There are a lot of scam, but there are also some great ICOs.
unfortunately, there are much more fake icos Cry
Activity: 378
Merit: 104
November 20, 2017, 08:14:01 AM
For me yes it is an investment also you are joining an ico because you believe that their coin will be successful and will benefit you alot, going back, i know that not all the icos are safe but choose lic and trust the right ico in your investment, read carefully each ICOs purpose and evaluate it if it will be succesful or not, the safetiness will always depend on you because you are the one trusting
Activity: 210
November 20, 2017, 08:09:00 AM

We should get of the genuine inquiry: why you invest? is this a great approach to get rich quick? on account for A large portion ICOs, the reply is no, However opposite will Betteridge's Law, there are events when the address is yes. Concerning illustration with every one high-return investments, purchasing cryptocurrency may be risky, What's more ICOs would riskier still. Also Concerning illustration with know dynamic speculations over general, it is insightful with never submit All the more cash over you might manage should lose.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
November 20, 2017, 08:02:58 AM
Ofcourse it is safe to participate in ICO's, if you are aware of possible scams and do your research!
Pages:
Jump to: