Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it safe to participate in ICO's? - page 100. (Read 15577 times)

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500
November 18, 2017, 07:28:32 PM
RTFW!

The the effin whitepaper - if they have nice design and marketing bullshit - and no execution - it is what it is (BS).
Invest only in ICOs with mathematically proven plans.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 508
November 18, 2017, 07:22:01 PM
The issue of safety regarding ICO participation is directly proportional to how far you take your background checking goes. If you are easily satisfied with how a certain project with an ICO is doing its marketing in the social media platforms, then most probably your investment is far more at risk than when you really scrutinize each and every little detail in their whitepaper and website. It is simply a matter of choosing the best and not the rotten tomatoes.
Activity: 362
Merit: 10
November 18, 2017, 07:07:21 PM
Yes it's depends on how you can participate on ICO's their are good one and bad ones. but always spot the difference between real and fake ICO's. i suggest to look forward on their roadmap and whitepaper if they regulated KYC and AML. then don't hesitate to join.
Activity: 812
Merit: 257
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
November 18, 2017, 07:02:50 PM
always be careful of any ICO, should do research first before deciding to join the ICO. thoroughly used whitepaper, development team, and roadmap of the project.
Activity: 2226
Merit: 347
November 18, 2017, 04:46:41 PM
Right now there are many ICOs coming out, is it really safe to participate in any of it and spend that much? In participating ICOs I have high hopes that these coins could be the next Bitcoin or other currencies that are really going up in the market.
you does not actually join in ico, you gamble there because you are not sure what is the outcome.You are taking the risk between losing and gaining because you may be scammed or get something in return. Most icos that are coming out is scam, not all but most of them so you should be careful when participating an ico, do your own research to know if it is worthy to be trusted.

Some people see ico as a multiplication method for their money. This is very false. It's safe if and only if you really searched for the project team and the wihte paper. Otherwise, no safe zone in ico.
In my opinion, the ICO's is very dangerous. You do not know someday, you can lose money because it is high risky. The ICO's made the cryptocurrency world became a bad place in the eye of some investors in past time. You can see the Chinese government have banned ICO's to keep safe their economy. It like a threat to cryptocurrency for  the future.
You are just talking on some scenario which i dont see that it is really major problem but government would really be alarmed if this behavior or practices would still continue. Talking about on investment side on ICO it is indeed dangerous in the sense as investors we would really lose up money if we did put our money on the wrong one.This is why participating any of them would really have always the risk or being tied up already which we should really be ready anytime on what would be the outcome.
Activity: 644
Merit: 102
November 18, 2017, 03:29:16 PM
The advice is never invest what you can not afford to lose. Investing in ICOs are a high  risk ventures .One should always do his due diligence  before investing . Even with that, you can never tell. Some ICOs are not meant to be scams but end up as scams because of some situations. One can not predict ICOs that is why it is a high risk investment.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
November 18, 2017, 02:26:20 PM
Right now there are many ICOs coming out, is it really safe to participate in any of it and spend that much? In participating ICOs I have high hopes that these coins could be the next Bitcoin or other currencies that are really going up in the market.
you does not actually join in ico, you gamble there because you are not sure what is the outcome.You are taking the risk between losing and gaining because you may be scammed or get something in return. Most icos that are coming out is scam, not all but most of them so you should be careful when participating an ico, do your own research to know if it is worthy to be trusted.

Some people see ico as a multiplication method for their money. This is very false. It's safe if and only if you really searched for the project team and the wihte paper. Otherwise, no safe zone in ico.
In my opinion, the ICO's is very dangerous. You do not know someday, you can lose money because it is high risky. The ICO's made the cryptocurrency world became a bad place in the eye of some investors in past time. You can see the Chinese government have banned ICO's to keep safe their economy. It like a threat to cryptocurrency for  the future.
Activity: 191
Merit: 21
Decentralized Security - DIW
November 18, 2017, 09:56:09 AM
Its safe as long as your cautious of Scams. You need to do research before participating in ICO's by checking the whitepaper, its roadmap, and check the team on the project.
Activity: 154
Sapien.Network-Beta Platform is Live
November 18, 2017, 09:54:00 AM
There are as many real deal ICOs as there are scams out there. As an investment, it can't be free from risks. But i rather go for ICOs or investing than just my money to sit in the bank. But more or less, risk can reduced. Study the ICOs in terms of activities in their website and social media platforms. Look into comments of those who have been in the business for quite a time. these are just some of the measures you can employ to at least safeguard your investments in ICOs.
Activity: 53
November 18, 2017, 09:30:53 AM
I think investing ICO is a good investment channel. But now there are too many ICO projects formed that make the ICO no longer attractive as it was in mid-2017. You can still invest in ICO now, but analyze and monitor it carefully before deciding to invest in ICO.
Activity: 197
Merit: 100
November 18, 2017, 09:24:42 AM
It's safe, you must check the team in the ICOs project if there are linked accounts with old age (not new accounts). Check community, website, raodmap, whitpaper, and etc.
I hope ICOs that I participate can occupy the top 50 position of coinmarketcap, to be like Bitcoin is impossible for altcoin  Roll Eyes
Activity: 206
November 18, 2017, 09:24:26 AM

Activity: 137
November 18, 2017, 09:22:54 AM
You have to be diligent in your checks on the ICOs you are interested in. So more detail and the risk will be lesser. Work smart.
Activity: 107
Merit: 0
November 18, 2017, 09:03:47 AM
Activity: 137
November 18, 2017, 06:26:41 AM
We can't say it safe or not, because we don't know what happen next, so before you participate or invesment in ICOs you must make sure that company, how their company really are, how their company in the ICOs on the last time. Every life choices we make in the world is always any risk of that. So, don't afraid about it, just do and earn some profits.
Activity: 168
Merit: 104
November 18, 2017, 06:25:35 AM
The worst one, I participated Indorse ICO, for instance and I lost almost all my investment. They're like kidding us. They killed indorse tokens on purpose and the token is almost nothing now. So, please careful before make a contribution in any ICO.

Yeah, ICOs are like gambling, you may loose everything. I think they are worth of risk if you trust the project completely . If not, it's better just to buy more bitcoin and be happy.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
November 18, 2017, 06:01:07 AM
Safety cannot be generalized. Its a subjective matter. Safety regarding ICO investments is multifactorial. You need to evaluate alot of things before making an investment decisions. Concept of the business, Promoters background and concept, Funds raised, promises made, whitepaper and legal disclaimers, business models. Please read the following article to understand critical points for evaluating ICO investments
https://coins.newbium.com/post/10268-are-icos-with-grand-promotions-safe-to-invest-in

Activity: 153
November 18, 2017, 05:11:59 AM
The altcoins are not as safe as equity or bitcoin, but the returns are much better.
If you want to go for a safer altcoin, choose one with an existent company behind.
My favourite is https://appcoins.io with 200 million users behind: appcoins.io
But do your own due diligence.
Activity: 840
Merit: 101
November 18, 2017, 05:10:24 AM
There are ICOs that are safe to participate. But there are also fraud ICOs. So be careful.
Activity: 266
Partner of UBER GRAB GOCAR
November 18, 2017, 05:03:10 AM
Yes it is safe to particepate in ICO just study there Roadmap,Whitepaper and the objective of the project.There is 3 steps in participating in an ICO.

Steps:
1.Obtain Coins - You’ll need some cryptocurrency in order to participate in an ICO or crowdsale because these crowdsales don’t typically accept USD or other fiat currencies. Most are designed to have a smart contract accept peoples contributions and then automatically return to them the new token.

2.Move your Coins to a User Controlled Wallet - In order to receive the token that the ICO is selling you need to send the money from a wallet where you have control over the private key. If you send ether from your Coinbase account to an ICO address all that will happen is you’ll make Coinbase richer. Nobody wants that.

Instead once you’ve purchased ether or whatever cryptocurrency you’ve chosen from Coinbase move the money to a user controlled wallet like My Ether Wallet or Parity. The Parity wallet actually has a feature where you can set it to make a payment at an exact time which is useful if the ICO you’d like to participate in will be beginning while you are still asleep. With the speed in which these ICOs have been selling out this makes Parity a great option.

3.Contibute to the ICO - Okay, you’ve obtained your ether, you’ve moved the ether to a user controlled wallet like Parity and you are ready to be a first mover in the hot new token that is about to be launched. The next and final step is to send your cryptocurrency to the ICO address in order to receive the new token.
You are too into investing in ICO's. Many people know that the ICO's that they invest in is not 100% safe.
Pages:
Jump to: