Author

Topic: Is it safe to participate in ICO's? - page 107. (Read 15577 times)

Activity: 2100
Merit: 174
November 09, 2017, 08:11:09 AM
The level of safeness is directly proportional to your level of paranoia, I guess. Since there are many things to check into like there may be legit ico's with a not-so-good team so they end up in a slump or some projects with a good hype but has a below average product.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
November 09, 2017, 07:47:08 AM
ICOS are completely safe if you do research before investing as long as you are smart about it i.e.

- For research: look into the whitepaper, you ask the ICO you are interested in, you look at the team and what they are trying to achieve etc. If you throw money into a poor project, don't be surprised if you don't make any profit or they go under.

- Don't throw too much money - Spend within your limits. Slowly build up your portfolio.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
November 09, 2017, 07:28:42 AM
It's investment.
You invest for their project by buying their tokens and the value of tokens would be proportional to profit of the project.
Most of the ICO's are profitable as their price would increase on reaching the market.
But some of them are total scams which would lead your investment to nothing.
So, study about the project before investing.

I totally agree this guy words.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
November 09, 2017, 07:20:27 AM
Right now there are many ICOs coming out, is it really safe to participate in any of it and spend that much? In participating ICOs I have high hopes that these coins could be the next Bitcoin or other currencies that are really going up in the market.

Like anything in life, investments come with risks. I have followed quite a few ICOs over the last year. Some have taken in Millions upon Millions and have done little to nothing to show for it.

Usually you find their White Paper full of promises and things they hope to do after initial funding is received. This leads to people getting false beliefs in an ICO and then that coin never performing as hoped. Most call these pump and dumps because someone puts a lot of money behind it to make it seem big, only to pull out and crash the coin.

That is why it is VERY important to do your research prior to investing and supporting any ICO! Make sure they are doing something unique and already have something accomplished. For instance Paragoncoin pulled in $40 million and has not even released their coins and only has 1 industry professional on board.

Electroneum also did $40million and has locked everyone out of their mobile wallets for over a month now!

DO YOUR RESEARCH!
Activity: 87
November 09, 2017, 07:16:02 AM
participate in ICO is always risky, especially if we don't know the basic history from the team member of the project,
because scam or not, good or not an ICO its bassicly depends on their team member

I agree that the risk is always there. We could lose our investment here very quickly if we put it on the wrong ICO. The only way to minimize our risk is to research or learn who's behind it because there are a lot of ICOs that are using fake profiles then when they get what they want. They just disappear. Also if you want to stay safe from investing you should not put all your money like emergency fund or money that you need because you or they or even me will have a hard time getting what we had invest.

Its a risk but its most of the time safe to participate in it. I don't invest in the coin when its new i just wait for it to grow so i can then see if its a good and a trusted coin or not.

Sometimes ico shutdown they say to us that they didn't have the money to go futher you will only lose your time if you didn't invest early.
Activity: 798
Merit: 17
2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022
November 09, 2017, 06:52:32 AM
I too have same question. But i do my own research rearding who the team behind , quality of white paper , road map, concept of the project. So we can conclude this will be highly potential or not..

And take advices from experts who in these forums.
Activity: 196
November 09, 2017, 06:48:40 AM
is it safe to participate in ico's?
before participating ico, there are some things to be attention , they are:
1. You need to find out more information about the dev team.
2. you should do research about potential products of this project.
if you have found the answer of this question. you choose your best decision. if you do deep research well before investing, it is safe .
its a little argument from me .  Wink
Activity: 322
Merit: 15
November 08, 2017, 11:17:33 PM
I agree on some people replied on this post. Some ICO's are safe which is good because you as an investor it is very profitable. And some of the ICO's are scam because they need you to invest on them and let them suffer you by scamming you and not returning any of your invested money.
Activity: 756
Merit: 252
November 08, 2017, 08:54:19 PM
Right now there are many ICOs coming out, is it really safe to participate in any of it and spend that much? In participating ICOs I have high hopes that these coins could be the next Bitcoin or other currencies that are really going up in the market.
You should never think of icos as a safe investment in fact it is the complete opposite, you can lose all your money immediately if it was just a scam, and even if the project is legit that does not mean that the project it is going to be successful since you need good developers and a good idea.
Activity: 54
November 08, 2017, 08:13:47 PM
i'm a newbe but i defenetely think it is not safe - not with all that scam and wallet vulnerabilities
Activity: 714
Merit: 117
November 08, 2017, 08:01:36 PM
We still don't know how tokens will behave some years after they have been emitted and distributed. This sector is still too young. It may well be that all tokens of all projects which will not fail are destined to moon one day. Or not.
Activity: 53
Merit: 11
November 08, 2017, 07:42:10 PM
ofcourse it is not safe, every investment is risky, u just thave to make your research and hope for the best
Activity: 594
Merit: 250
November 08, 2017, 07:56:11 AM
participate in ICO is always risky, especially if we don't know the basic history from the team member of the project,
because scam or not, good or not an ICO its bassicly depends on their team member

I agree that the risk is always there. We could lose our investment here very quickly if we put it on the wrong ICO. The only way to minimize our risk is to research or learn who's behind it because there are a lot of ICOs that are using fake profiles then when they get what they want. They just disappear. Also if you want to stay safe from investing you should not put all your money like emergency fund or money that you need because you or they or even me will have a hard time getting what we had invest.
Activity: 182
November 08, 2017, 07:53:30 AM
safe or not its ico ,,, i guess depending on the way you see it ,,, an ico will be safe if you really have done as detailed research as possible about the ico ,,, but it can be unsafe, if you do not do some research first about ico that you will follow
Activity: 182
November 08, 2017, 07:46:31 AM
ICO's are much easier for startups,as they avoid the regulatory pressures of creating a traditional initial public offering,or seeking traditional venture capital.They also allow for large sums of capital to be raised in relatively short amount of time-sometimes in just a few minutes.

ICO's are easier for investor,as your ICO tokens or "coins" can be held to recieve profit distributions (similar to dividends),or can be sold to ICO market (similar to stocks),at exchange like Etherdelta,Bittrex,GDAX,Coinexchange,Poloniex or Kraken.

Because ICO are currently unregulated,they hold both great risks and great rewards for investors.Never invest more in an ICO than you are willing to lose!
Activity: 277
November 08, 2017, 07:29:03 AM
Activity: 224
November 08, 2017, 07:28:06 AM
If you have a lot of knowledge about ICO and choose projects that you think are potential and can make a profit then you should invest but you should be more careful because there are so many projects scam and they are very professional scam
Activity: 238
November 08, 2017, 07:24:52 AM
Yeah i participated in 10 maybe and it was quite safe. Only in one we were hacked by some hackers, but all of the people who invested money got their tokens straightaway
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
November 08, 2017, 07:17:42 AM
It is safe as long as you take proper due diligence, make sure you research what it is you are investing in and keep your wits about you. Be sensible with the amounts you invest and where you invest it and you should do well from it.
Activity: 672
November 08, 2017, 02:54:53 AM
You have to examine ICOs before you invest in it. Take your time, study such ICO closely, join their telegram group and other social media channels available so that you can get update concerning the ICO.
Jump to: