Author

Topic: Is it safe to participate in ICO's? - page 113. (Read 15577 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
November 02, 2017, 10:59:23 AM
I think it's the same with everthing, sometimes you just have to loose money to learn sth. But it's always better to learn sth at first, and use others experience.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
November 02, 2017, 10:55:16 AM
I think, it depends of right choice company to investing and supporting. You should gather information from other people, but think with your head
November 02, 2017, 10:15:32 AM
It is dangerous to participate in cryptocurrency in general. But you can get a lucky break. I participate only in the biggest ICO, and almost never loose
Activity: 406
November 02, 2017, 07:18:17 AM
It all depends on the mindset of the investor. Whether long term investments are to be done, people obviously prefer popular bitcoin,ethereum, ripple, waves etc.I see for newly entered ICO's people read the product details and the company vision and then take a call whether to invest or not.even if its done, people try to quit from ICo's as soon it is listed in the exchange for minimal profits. I still feel many ICo's are scam as well which gives no returns instead they even tend to make losses to the investor, so thorough study is required before investing.
November 02, 2017, 07:13:26 AM
Thank you so much, I know that ICO is related with risk, like any other investment.

Are there any particular things I have to put attention while reading the roadmap or whitepapers?
Anything based on your experience?
Activity: 224
Merit: 104
DIW - Decentralized Security
November 02, 2017, 07:12:37 AM
Investments are always full of Risks.
Study and Research the ICO you are looking into, and don't expect investments to be all profit, most of it depends on the analysis, market development, coin development and look into the team behind the ICO.
Activity: 280
Merit: 108
November 02, 2017, 07:07:13 AM
It's safe if you do good research in ICO's. I would suggest you do not rush into making decisions.
If you are new to cryptoworld, then you will probably make mistakes in the beginning, so take advice from others with more knowledge and more experience.
Some ICO's are legit and other ICO's are scams, you need to be careful.
ICO's are investments and as far as investments go, they have risks. So if you invest in ICO's make sure you read the whitepaper, check dev website and roadmaps.
November 02, 2017, 07:01:38 AM
How can we know if the ICO is a scam or not?
Activity: 363
Merit: 250
November 02, 2017, 06:59:55 AM
yes it is safe to participate, just find and join but please be careful in investing when you participate to an ICO so they can't scam you, because it's too many scammer in every ICO's so be careful in every step's you will do and i hope you will find a nice and good ICO to participate.
Activity: 182
November 02, 2017, 06:46:06 AM
ICO's cannot be considered a "safe investment,"but rather a high-risk investment with the potential of high returns.Caution must be exercised to prevent from being blinded by the lure of big returns and potentially falling off the investment cliff.The smart way to invest is to never invest more than you are willing to lose.
Activity: 308
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
November 02, 2017, 06:39:36 AM
Not many good ICO's out there at the momement, but I have my eye on Wish Finance. The Singapore based wish finance tends to provide loans to small segments businesses, most of them can be considered as merchants. They have completed a pilot program which involved giving away half a million USD in loans which they gave to restaurants, boutiques, small shops, a total of 112 different SME's. The pilot was from November2016 to May of this year.

Now you must be wondering that what could be the role that blockchain technology can play into this. We need to understand that regular lenders, lets say centralized banks, need liquidity or more money to pay out these loans. The big players do what we call is securitization. Here they take their own portfolio and make a security and then they sell it to different financial companies. Now if you have been following news you would know that this year and also the previous year there were few major scandals  like the Lending Club when they took bad loans (loans that defaulted) and put a package and then sell them as A+ security. Now in case of Wish Finance they are actually using the blockchain technology to make all their loan portfolios transparent. How they are doing this is that they are actually connecting to different API's to acquiring of merchants and they would be knowling in real time all the transactions. So now every loan that they will issue to every borrower and every transaction, repayment transaction they would be putting in the blockchain. So when they do this securitization and lets say that when they go to the bank to get some more money and want to sell to the banks their loan portfolios, the banks would be able to look as deep inside as to even each repayments. THis is the real reason why they need the blockchain. And also built this on blockchain as it gives more transparency and security. Even their own team will not be able to change any data inside the system when it will be over in blockchain as it will not be only in the main system of wish finance but in systems of all the wish finance borrowers.

This concept is really interesting to me and may do wonders. More detailed info is available at their website https://wishfinance.com or you may  join their telegram channel https://t.me/wishfinance
Activity: 182
November 02, 2017, 06:34:06 AM
Some ICO are  safe to invest just be careful to choose and research and study there proposal,an ICO is an initial coin offering a crowdfunding event to raise money for a new cryptocurrency asset,company or venture it's like a cross between a crowdfunding campaign and a traditional initial offering,where share of a company are a made available to the investing public for the first time.
The differences is that (unlike crowdfunding) you don't necessarily get a free T-shirt for donating,and (unlike an IPO) you don't necessarily own shares of the company.Rather you own "tokens" that can be traded on exchanges,like a stock,and whose value will rise or fall depending on the success of the venture.
Activity: 546
Merit: 253
November 02, 2017, 05:53:37 AM
Which ICOs did you join? Are they ok? I wanna prompt you that you should do a careful research before invest everything. Most ICOs now are scams.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 104
November 02, 2017, 03:38:15 AM
Everything has a risk as well as in this business that we have. There are ways for you to ensure that the ICO is safe, all you need to do is read every single details of that project - you need to consider the team who manages it, roadmap, platforms and other stuffs however there some ICO's with false promises wherein they will not develop what they said. But for me as a newbie and currently planning to invest I will also consider my instinct Smiley
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
November 01, 2017, 08:25:09 PM
Right now there are many ICOs coming out, is it really safe to participate in any of it and spend that much? In participating ICOs I have high hopes that these coins could be the next Bitcoin or other currencies that are really going up in the market.
some ICO goes succesfull, and we can participate not only by investing with money, we can participate by joining campaign, we can earning by free distribution too, i think airdrop is good way to make money too.

Only the limited number of ICO are safe now. The rest are trash things that are trying to sell their raw ideas to the people. Some ICO are really consturected well and they can make things on the business sector really.
yes,and it is hard for us to check them for ourselves.It is easy check whether an ICO is good or bad.Just check their whitepaper, team and activity.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
November 01, 2017, 01:15:17 PM
Right now there are many ICOs coming out, is it really safe to participate in any of it and spend that much? In participating ICOs I have high hopes that these coins could be the next Bitcoin or other currencies that are really going up in the market.
some ICO goes succesfull, and we can participate not only by investing with money, we can participate by joining campaign, we can earning by free distribution too, i think airdrop is good way to make money too.

Only the limited number of ICO are safe now. The rest are trash things that are trying to sell their raw ideas to the people. Some ICO are really consturected well and they can make things on the business sector really.
Activity: 625
Merit: 501
November 01, 2017, 01:11:47 PM
Are you cheater? I do not the a newbie account can make good profits through any campaign. Therefore, only airdrop project can help cheater have chance to make money, but I do not like them, because the are doing the opposite the reason created airdrop.
Activity: 395
Merit: 129
November 01, 2017, 11:02:26 AM
No, I would NOT say it is safe, it is a gamble, you can be lucky or you can be unlucky, you have really to do your research before investing.
Activity: 60
November 01, 2017, 10:50:47 AM
You just have to do your research. As with any investment it is knowing the background, the company, the industry and the trends.

Spend your time researching and if you find a project you like, join a bounty with them and get to know the company.

One project I personally really like is Crowdholding, and that is because I have asked questions on their thread, seen them grow etc.

Their ICO launches today and it's going really well!

https://ico.crowdholding.com
Activity: 390
November 01, 2017, 02:25:21 AM
there are actually a lot of good ICO, you have to choose which of these ICOs are worth investing but first you must know the team, whitepaper and understand the concept of the token for what
Jump to: