Pages:
Author

Topic: Is MEW Safe to use now? - page 4. (Read 1196 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 0
March 25, 2018, 07:28:09 AM
I think MEW is still the right choice as a digital wallet and Dev has done a lot of improvements to the performance of the digital wallet. well hope that it's true. Cheesy
Activity: 280
Merit: 18
@berytry
March 25, 2018, 07:22:52 AM
so far myetherwallet is very safe to use. actually the error is not on the hacked MEW. But the error came to you. Like you open fake login
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
March 25, 2018, 07:17:55 AM
Yes, it is safe to use now. However there are some points to give more concern when you are dealing with MEW.
1. Always check whether the correct URL in the address bar.
2. Be aware of phishing emails.
3. Never share the private key with anyone.
4. Limit the login using UTC file, use metamask instated (chrom addone prefer).
Activity: 103
March 25, 2018, 07:16:19 AM
Recently there was a split between the team behind MEW and a new paper wallet site opened up.  Is MEW still safe to use with a Ledger?

Now, to save tokens , you don't have an other choice. I am using many different MEW to save many different tokens and use MetaMask to ensure sercurity more
Activity: 504
Merit: 102
March 25, 2018, 07:10:12 AM
Hello. Yes Myetherwallet is safe to use. If you not sharing/telling anybody your private key. Buy for more safety yo need to use Ledger nano S cold wallet . With it your Ethereum and Erc tokens will be safe.
Regards.
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
COINECT
March 25, 2018, 07:07:38 AM
I am warning to replace security with metamask, I do not understand whether private key can be hacked.
I do not even get any explanation. I am using a private key to access my wallet and I feel safe.
give any suggestion
Activity: 322
March 25, 2018, 06:46:16 AM
MEW is safe to use but remember to keep your private keys in a safest place. Further there are so many phishing websites are there and always log on from your browser book mark site. Do not share your private keys and passwords with anyone.
Activity: 238
Merit: 2
March 25, 2018, 06:40:16 AM
I have seen many feedbacks about My Ether Wallet and it seems that MEW is safe to use because of the good feedbacks. Based on my experience in using mew, it is safe and the coins are truly secured.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
March 25, 2018, 06:35:30 AM
Yes MEW is safe to use but remember if you used MEW don't give your pass key to anyone and I suggest if you will use MEW you used the metamask so that your wallet will not be hacked by anyone and then if you gonna check you wallet with your pass key double check the website that you are going to check your wallet.
Merit: 100
March 25, 2018, 06:32:06 AM
Recently there was a split between the team behind MEW and a new paper wallet site opened up.  Is MEW still safe to use with a Ledger?

I think MEW is very safe for me to use as long as you can be careful when using it and do not forget to bookmark MEW link and when login try only use json file do not use private key because login using json file more secure than using private key.
Activity: 462
March 25, 2018, 06:20:55 AM

I have been using mew for about six months and it is okay.
As long as you keep protecting your wallet, not open any suspicious link, and not give your private key, you are safe.
Activity: 420
March 25, 2018, 06:03:59 AM
Some are already signing in their Mew's private keys and address but it is better to make sure that it is totally safe or your gonna use other methods of accessing your wallets and transfer all your tokens that it is still in your wallet that is already hacked by someone.
Activity: 364
March 25, 2018, 06:01:27 AM
In any case, it is not fully clear whether they have solved their technical problems. I think while it is cautious to treat MEW, you know it yourself.
Activity: 443
https://streamies.io/
March 24, 2018, 01:21:33 PM
Ofcourse, yes. MEW is safe to use because it is very secured and all you have to do to keep it secured is to avoid phishing sites. Many already proved that MEW is a safe wallet, including me.
Activity: 208
March 24, 2018, 01:13:32 PM
MEW has been my wallet since i started here and hadn't had any problem at all, so i'd say it is still safe to use. I find MEW very easy to use. But most of all, this wallet is ERC-20 tokens compatible. Just don't entrust your private key to anyone and be sure to have a hard copy of it for safekeeping.
Merit: 101
March 24, 2018, 01:04:51 PM
I think MEW is the safest wallet for Ether and ERC-20 tokens
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
March 24, 2018, 12:53:06 PM
First of all: All ETH-'wallets' are just user-interfaces to the blockchain (except exchange-wallets of course).

MEW and MyCrypto are both relatively safe - however you can increase your security by using the local ('offline') version to get independent of their webserver which could in theory get compromised.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/delete-2822325

Using a hardware-wallet (like you already do) offers the highest security for now.

Hardware wallets are more secure and safer from hackers and Hijackers.
MyEtherWallet is indeed just a Gui for accessing our crypto assets using private key but this public and hardware keys will be saved into hardware wallets in order there would be no more private key will be saved on your computer or phone for more secure.
Yeah you have all the controls that you can do, unlike MEW where possibility being hacked is always around, but if you are responsible and you
will just follow those rules in order to secure your asset then MEW is still usable for you, make sure to bookmark the site and secure your private
keys, always be aware of any possible threat inside your devices.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
March 24, 2018, 12:46:51 PM
MEW is very safe just make sure you are on the right URL otherwise you might get fished and lose all you tokens. You need to be very careful when using your private key to get access.
Activity: 210
Decentralized Jet-Stream Encrypted Multi-Media Dev
March 24, 2018, 12:38:30 PM
First of all: All ETH-'wallets' are just user-interfaces to the blockchain (except exchange-wallets of course).

MEW and MyCrypto are both relatively safe - however you can increase your security by using the local ('offline') version to get independent of their webserver which could in theory get compromised.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/delete-2822325

Using a hardware-wallet (like you already do) offers the highest security for now.

Hardware wallets are more secure and safer from hackers and Hijackers.
MyEtherWallet is indeed just a Gui for accessing our crypto assets using private key but this public and hardware keys will be saved into hardware wallets in order there would be no more private key will be saved on your computer or phone for more secure.
Activity: 210
Decentralized Jet-Stream Encrypted Multi-Media Dev
March 24, 2018, 12:34:46 PM
MyEtherWallet is always safe to use because it is the most popular wallet for ERC20 holders like me.
almost all of my altcoins are ERC20 so I am using MyEtherWallet since I joined this forum and started to participate airdrops and bounty campaigns.
MyEtherWallet is my first and only wallet that I am using until now so as long as I am taking careful of my private keys so that my Crypto Assets will be safe.
Pages:
Jump to: