Pages:
Author

Topic: Is religion necessary for humans? - page 2. (Read 6639 times)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 379
January 27, 2022, 06:46:49 PM
Religion is necessary for human cause religion gives awareness about something naturally you might not know, something's exist in the spirit realm and I think religion shed more light to it , alot of people those not believe God actually exist while science tell people the world existence is through revolution but religion will tells you more about God, the world existence and what will happen after world, expecially the Christianity and Islamic religion.
Activity: 1316
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
January 27, 2022, 11:36:22 AM
Going by the definition of religion by dictionary.com, (a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects), one can conveniently say that every man is religious.

It therefore apparent to conclude that religion is necessary for humans.

Sad to say that the way humans view religion has made this topic assume different dimension. Yet it cannot be ruled out that religion is for humans as humans are for religion.
Activity: 84
Merit: 2
January 25, 2022, 08:30:37 AM
I think religion is necessary for humans as this helps humans form increasingly larger social groups and held together by common beliefs.
January 14, 2022, 06:10:58 PM
Religion is necessory to some persons,,while it is unnecessary to some people,but the truth is religion is very necessary because it gives one the awareness that there is a supernatural being.And not everybody will want to believe in one supernatural being,there are so many things that people have their beliefs in,so there is need for religion so there won't be a clash.

Everyone is entitled to what they believe in,and the freedom to worship what ever thing that they deem it fit.

Activity: 952
Merit: 108
1xBit recovered their reputation
January 12, 2022, 08:36:36 AM
What better way to keep human desires, wants, hopes, morals in check, if not through the practice of religion? I do believe that the way in which it has been packaged, both to suit personal gratification and to keep supposed humans with certain inclinations in check, is both rewarding whichever way one looks at it. Was it not said that 'religion is the opium of the people?' Well, Imagine a society without schools, churches, mosques, and other character fine-tuning institutions, where only opium is actually a accessible for all regardless of age, status or other parameters, what do you think is the fate of such a society In the long run?
Religion is not compulsory but necessary for humans.

What we mean by religion is to engage in the worship of a person who has a certain code of conduct, morality, and strong faith. If the question is whether religion is necessary for people?

Then it is safe to say, "Yes, it is necessary."

No one becomes a perfect human being just through formal education, religious education is also needed. Religious education makes a person an ideal person, keeps away from bad deeds, establishes peace in society. If religion did not exist people did not have fear of the hereafter. So, our civilization is better than this society. It would have been destroyed by being engulfed in violence, So in my opinion religion is necessary for human beings.
Activity: 672
Merit: 19
January 12, 2022, 02:55:09 AM
Fucking do whatever you feel suits you....What's religion with love ?
Do be moved by the opinions of the world and crowd, do what is morally good and write, try to follow the ethics if every organisation.
I don't see religion as a Mandatory act for all humans......They talk about religion but those in these religions a re self centered, heartless treacherous, strong at heart and won't give to the less privilege won't love their brothers and neighbor. Is this what's religion all about ?
Activity: 96
Merit: 0
January 11, 2022, 07:17:50 AM
Every person should follow his own religion because he who believes in his own religion cannot neglect his religion and every religion teaches morality so whoever believes in his religion can never do immoral things.

Yes, of course religion is necessary for everyone. With this every person have peace and balanced life.
Activity: 44
January 10, 2022, 02:15:31 PM
The basis of human morality is based on God's laws, if we eliminate this element, then how can we define what is right and what is wrong?
Activity: 322
Merit: 106
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
January 10, 2022, 11:06:13 AM
The process of forming human life throughout history to date cannot be separated from the role of religion, in other words (religion has moved human civilization). Religion has been able to direct human life to a good life.

Is religion really necessary?
The role of religion in human life is very important.

- Religion can revive the noble values ​​of morality. Religion handed down to humans has a good agenda. Religious teachings can revive morality in order to regulate human life. All religions in this world strongly support the values ​​of goodness, such as: principles of justice, honesty, tolerance, and mutual help.

-Religion is the guide of life for mankind. Humans without religion never feel the pleasure of serenity in life. People without religious understanding will turn into evil humans. Robbery, murder and rape are examples of crimes that are often committed by people who do not have religious knowledge.

I believe humans really need religion. Because religion is able to preserve good relations and harmony between humans.
Activity: 96
January 10, 2022, 08:37:57 AM
Believing god is necessary as it saves millions of lives of people. If you don't even have that, the world would be infected by depression.
Activity: 770
Merit: 180
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
January 09, 2022, 08:12:10 AM
What better way to keep human desires, wants, hopes, morals in check, if not through the practice of religion? I do believe that the way in which it has been packaged, both to suit personal gratification and to keep supposed humans with certain inclinations in check, is both rewarding whichever way one looks at it. Was it not said that 'religion is the opium of the people?' Well, Imagine a society without schools, churches, mosques, and other character fine-tuning institutions, where only opium is actually a accessible for all regardless of age, status or other parameters, what do you think is the fate of such a society In the long run?
Religion is not compulsory but necessary for humans.
Activity: 139
January 08, 2022, 11:59:16 PM
Every person should follow his own religion because he who believes in his own religion cannot neglect his religion and every religion teaches morality so whoever believes in his religion can never do immoral things.
Activity: 140
Merit: 20
January 06, 2022, 04:16:14 PM
Did you know that most of those who commit suicide because life is so difficult are those who have nothing to lean on when they are tired of living. and they become weak because they have nothing and no one to lean on. so desperate. because they do not have a strong belief in God's help and there is a second life.

but it is different from those who have faith in religion, that is, they believe in God's help and a second life.
when they are hit by the difficulties of life then they rely on God hoping for his help. (have support) and when the circumstances in their life become more difficult then they can still be patient because they also believe that if they can be patient then this difficulty will turn into ease one day. Even if it is not in this world, it is certain to be found in the second life (hereafter).

those who have a religion with truly convinced beliefs. they are the strongest people who will not fear anything in this world. because they see mercy from God Almighty
Activity: 798
Merit: 34
January 06, 2022, 07:58:52 AM
Religion can be necessary some how, Religion is important to the society,  it teaches about love and peace. Religion is to change people life in the society and it shows concern for one another in the neighbourhood.  Region has it own benefits it plays in the society.
Activity: 1960
Merit: 329
January 04, 2022, 05:09:08 AM
Religion is necessary for humans because in our faith we learnt that we are created to worship God, the purpose of our existence is to worship God that is why I said religion is important to human.

You got it wrong here thinking that religion is all about the worship of God. There are some religions that do not believe in God. They worship idols but are still religious. Have you not heard about traditional religions? Do those ones also believe in God while they worship carved images of stones, irons and woods? What is necessary for humans is godliness and not religion.
Activity: 868
Merit: 38
Join hands and help me to grow everybody...
January 03, 2022, 02:55:15 PM
Religion is necessary to human because human being can not leave for environment without terms and conditions involve, religion just talks about the way of people dwelling to their environment, so no difference between religion and culture we practice for our local communities, i as a lawyer, i put to you that no body will not like to value a religion because it have become a norm in all the continent, another thing is that a religion just dey like condition given to people to leave a better life
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468
January 03, 2022, 12:46:37 PM
For me, it's necessary since, without it, we don't know what's bad and good for us especially when you are residing in a place where doing evil things is counted as a popular trend and stealing seems like a happy moment for some people. religion removed all of this and you will gonna leave a happy life by totally following it. But it depends on which kind of religion you are talking about. Because in most cases, religions in the world are only commanding what is righteous but they don't forbid evil or they just forbid a few of it. where the religion where I'm at right now is enjoined the doing of what is right and forbid the doing of what is wrong totally and killing a human being without right is as if you killed the whole mankind.

Is it ok to kill men who have sex with other men?
Activity: 2184
Merit: 585
You own the pen
January 03, 2022, 07:01:12 AM
For me, it's necessary since, without it, we don't know what's bad and good for us especially when you are residing in a place where doing evil things is counted as a popular trend and stealing seems like a happy moment for some people. religion removed all of this and you will gonna leave a happy life by totally following it. But it depends on which kind of religion you are talking about. Because in most cases, religions in the world are only commanding what is righteous but they don't forbid evil or they just forbid a few of it. where the religion where I'm at right now is enjoined the doing of what is right and forbid the doing of what is wrong totally and killing a human being without right is as if you killed the whole mankind.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
January 01, 2022, 04:40:43 AM
I recall watching a debate between atheist Sam Harris v. William Craig. Harris makes a point that religious people will use god as an excuse to not go around raping and killing people, as the deterrent of eternal hell promotes moral virtue. A bit sadistic that the existence of hell is the only thing preventing religious people from not acting like sociopaths, but if it keeps civil society intact, perhaps it's not so useless after all.

The two main roles of religion are (were) i) to ensure tribal cohesion and a people willing to fight and die to protect against external threats, and ii) to ensure that everyone behaved nicely and obeyed the rules.

Religion's invisible policeman in the sky is no longer necessary, as we have actual police, surveillance cameras, modern crime prevention techniques.
The tribal cohesion element is largely redundant too, replaced mainly by nationalism.

The only beneficial role that religion has in the modern world is to provide a psychological prop for those who are unwilling or unable to face reality. Other than that, it's just an interesting cultural artefact.
December 31, 2021, 12:39:03 PM
Religion is necessary for humans because in our faith we learnt that we are created to worship God, the purpose of our existence is to worship God that is why I said religion is important to human.
You are right,and moreover,religion is a way of identifying with a particular belief and a particular practice that shows where your mind lies.
But what seems to be the problem with religion and religious practice is that people of a particular religion tries to impose their religion on other person's,which causes chaos in a society,where as there is right to freedom of worship.
We are free to belief what ever we like and seem it fit.
Pages:
Jump to: