Pages:
Author

Topic: Is religion necessary for humans? - page 4. (Read 6639 times)

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468
December 02, 2021, 01:05:00 AM
Is religion necessary for humans?

Of course it is. It gives them comfort knowing why they die.

Cool

People die because of major organ failures.

I don't find any comfort in this fact.

Stories about life after death are just lies.  Cell death is an irreversible process.

Grow up.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
December 02, 2021, 12:48:16 AM
It is necessary if you want to be human.
It is important if you want to live and live life.
It is important if you know what the purpose of life is for.
And it doesn't matter to those who just want to live without living their life.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
December 02, 2021, 12:07:10 AM
Is religion necessary for humans?

Of course it is. It gives them comfort knowing why they die.

Cool
Activity: 1232
Merit: 379
November 30, 2021, 12:55:13 AM
Religion has to deal with one's belief or perception towards the supernatural being that we do not see and worship.There are several religions in the world,and those religions have their own believe and how they believe it.
To me,it seems not to be necessory because instead of the humans to have a United Nations and be in one accord,the introduction of religions and it beliefs scatters the people,and make it hard for them to see people of another religion as their brother,and therefore it brings enemity between humans.So instead of it to be for good,it's for bad.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
November 26, 2021, 08:00:30 AM
hi xdediosl,
 In my point of view people are forced to believe in somehting to keep up with their inner strenght to overcome problems.For instance Muslims believe in Allah ,Christions in Jesus the son of Mary and so on and so o[Suspicious link removed]aying and Believing in God is the reflection of the emtyness and weakness that we all carry within ourselves.When you feel powerlees to change a certain situation.I dont decline that theres a invisible, unexplainable  prowling energy that makes the world and society move on but i think each of us is God of his own life.Just have to believe in yourself and not a religion. Whatd o you think about that?
Activity: 39
Merit: 10
Newb trying to act cool
August 02, 2018, 02:25:53 AM
I believe that religion is very good for mankind. If I can be clearer, then let me say, faith is very good for mankind. To believe that there is a Supreme Being. To consider that there is an afterlife. These things keep you in check. I speak not about fear but about sobriety. But religion mal-administered by man causes so much trouble. And this must be our focus. That religion must be practiced in its pristine state.

I agree. I'm not a really devout follower of any religion, but I can easily see how having faith, even a little, can help in our lives. Faith - and to an extent, religion - is probably what allow mankind to keep our civilization intact through the ages. There are probably a lot of times throughout history that dark times have befallen the different tribes or civilizations (like the Black Plague). Faith gives people strength to persevere. Meanwhile, at the root of most religions are lessons on helping one another, being kind and caring towards others, etc.

And it helps people to be more optimistic in life, that there are people out there who'll help you because its the right thing to do. That it's not a survival-of-the-fittest our there. Well, not entirely, at least.

People who claims bitcoin price will go all the way past $20,000 reminds me of people who have faith in god Tongue
Activity: 19
July 28, 2018, 04:54:30 AM
I think yes! I can ask the question in another way. Is school important for humans? To the last question, we would all answer yes. If yes is the answer to the second question, it should then be the answer to the first question. Religion is like a college where teachers who are priests, are supposed to give a spiritual education. I read a book where the author thinks that our civilization will not be so great without religion. Remember the first universities? they actually belong to the church. In that case, religion plays a great role in the development of a society and it is therefore important.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 300
July 08, 2018, 04:32:54 AM
The problem in religion is that, these are institutions that are operated by man (sinful by nature), that sometimes leads to wrong leadership that creates confusions to members. Necessary in terms of the teachings and words of the holy one but conflicts arise because people have different believes.

Every humans has their own rights to do what they want to, what they want to believe in and what do they want to protect. It may be a crime to law and the government but I don't think you can stop an individual from doing it so, saying that religion, for me depends really on that individual that believe them. Most of them are traditions of the nation, the family or the country to go in these certain religion and we can't stop them from doing that unless that certain individual says it is not necessary breaking their tradition and we don't have nothing to do with it.
Activity: 40
July 08, 2018, 04:04:21 AM
The problem in religion is that, these are institutions that are operated by man (sinful by nature), that sometimes leads to wrong leadership that creates confusions to members. Necessary in terms of the teachings and words of the holy one but conflicts arise because people have different believes.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 07, 2018, 09:37:13 AM
I think religion is not something which is necessary for the humans. If there is someone who can be called a god, then religion only hinders understanding this by imposing their ideas and rules.

Religion is a way to control the mass of people, religion now is a huge business

Well it also makes people refrain from doing bad things. It constraints them becoming out of control and sometimes it's a good thing. Though i agree that there are more times than few that religion divides people but it's positive effects in society can't be denied as well.
Activity: 110
July 06, 2018, 06:40:31 PM
Without going into the question of existence of spiritual realm, and other (impractical) philosophical questions, I'll say this.

It is very very simple for me.

Anyone can believe whatever they want.

But, they cannot force it upon anyone else.

As long as it is a very private and personal thing not affecting others, you can believe whatevs.

Now, if someone has a belief that in some way causes them to restrict others of their personal will, then it should not be seen as a valid belief.

If one believes that being gay is wrong he can believe that all he wants as long as he doesn't do harm to gay people. Like forcefully convincing other people that his belief is true or denying service to gay people.
Activity: 108
Merit: 1
July 06, 2018, 12:31:54 PM
Totally agree with last comment, first of all we have wars in history because of religions here is 10 biggest  https://addictivelists.com/10-biggest-religious-wars-ever-fought/ ...and can agree more that religion is now days big buisness its like big company with pyramid scheme of pope at the top and who knows how many of them in shadow control and its tight to politics in order to have mass control over people.
I personaly belive in God but am not religious and dont think religion is necessary for humans
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
July 06, 2018, 11:55:44 AM
I think religion is not something which is necessary for the humans. If there is someone who can be called a god, then religion only hinders understanding this by imposing their ideas and rules.

Religion is a way to control the mass of people, religion now is a huge business
Activity: 574
Merit: 108
July 05, 2018, 06:54:43 PM
Religious institutions are one of the most established and powerful institution all around the world as they hold a great amount of money, has a member of numerous people, and been through a lot by years of its existence. And many people would say that religion thereof, is necessary for humans. But I say different. Religion is not directly proportional to your faith. You can have religion without faith, so as you can have faith without a religion --- and faith is what we truly need. I know other would say that religion causes to the enhancement of those faith but does it also mean that it causes division of mankind and condlict between people? If it is truly necessary for humans, all of us may join a specific religion but that does not mean everything because it means nothing for their hearts, minds, and souls does not bounded by faith.
Activity: 70
Merit: 5
June 17, 2018, 04:39:36 PM
Religion is as old as humanity or even older. I think or believe that religion can be traced back to creation of man on earth. The lord jesus christ who is the Almighty God loves worship.  But bringing it back to society, man and religion cannot be divided. As Karl max rightly put it that "religion is the opium of the oppressed. " man in nature like worshipping a particular deity and through which he believes that good flows from. Also religion has gone a long way in bringing moral in the society and at the same time, religion has divided the society in a great way.i can rightly say that man and society needs religion.
Activity: 92
Merit: 1
June 17, 2018, 09:34:58 AM
In the sense of what religion has become (an organized corporation used to manipulate human behavior) I don't think humans need religion. But I think humans need some sense of a spiritual tradition whether it be yoga, meditation, prayer etc. etc.

I think without a spiritual tradition people become lost they miss something in their life and can easily become depressed, but what churches and religion has become is not good at all....
Activity: 37
June 17, 2018, 08:20:28 AM
All international conflicts, financial crises, can be solved without religion. To its separate members of society - yes. But it would not hurt a new worldview, where all dissonance from countless scientific, religious, philosophical ideologies would be solved, where everyone would be accepted regardless of race, social status, citizenship and so on. This idea could constructively unite people in a new worldview of the Future. Blavatsky tried to "form the core of the World Brotherhood without distinction of race, color, sex, caste and religion." It did not work, but work on this is still going on. Apparently hurry, people were not yet ready for this, the colonial system reigned. Of course religion is needed, but without coercion, religion helps to take a deeper look at our daily life and learn to live in unity with everything. A large percentage of people not religious has always been, it's not bad not good, just a given.
Activity: 196
Merit: 2
March 23, 2018, 11:11:59 AM
Of course yes it is very necessary for eveyy people who are living...  It is just like our citizenship but in spiritual manner...  It is very Good if we still believe in God because he will not only gave us hope but also he gave as a light so that we will not lose our way... Thats why it is important to everyone...
Activity: 294
March 23, 2018, 10:29:59 AM
Of course religion is necessary for human because without religion man can't live a peaceful life.

Activity: 60
March 23, 2018, 01:46:45 AM
Not at all. Religion is just a way to discriminate between humans. 
Pages:
Jump to: