Pages:
Author

Topic: Is stealing Bitcoin illegal? - page 14. (Read 39479 times)

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060
October 01, 2016, 10:24:47 AM
We shoudl be asking what can we do to stop these people from steeling bitcoin.  If you have a newbie who comes into the bitcoin world and the first thing that happens is that he is scammed out of a ton of bitcoin, do you think it is going to help or hurt bitcoin??  It is going to hurt the whole bitcoin community, so we need to work together to stop this behavior.
The only person that will get hurt is the newbie, himself. The whole Bitcoin community does not care if somebody gets scammed. It's just a usual thing that happens to almost single newbie out there. People should know that getting scammed is not something you should be embarrassed of. A lot of crimes are going on in the whole wide world. The majority of people have been once scammed by a ponzi site, even the first ones to invest in Bitcoins.

In addition, how come a newbie has "tons of Bitcoins"? SMH.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
October 01, 2016, 01:13:28 AM
Let's say I generate a new address and by some miracle it has Bitcoin already in it belonging to somebody else. Is it legal to just take it? I understand those odds are very low, no need to lecture me, I'm just interested.

Bitcoin is really good to everybody whether the individuals are good or bad type of a well being. But the world"STEALING" @ "ILLEGAL" obviously this is not a good habit.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
September 30, 2016, 09:56:06 PM
We shoudl be asking what can we do to stop these people from steeling bitcoin.  If you have a newbie who comes into the bitcoin world and the first thing that happens is that he is scammed out of a ton of bitcoin, do you think it is going to help or hurt bitcoin??  It is going to hurt the whole bitcoin community, so we need to work together to stop this behavior.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
September 30, 2016, 09:18:13 PM
yea stealing bitcoins is illegall because every  stealling in life is bad and illeggall so stealling bitcoins must  be illegall

Well that is an illegal act if you are going to steal someones bitcoin but in the case of op he is just stating what if he got bitcoins accidentally or if someone sent him bitcoins accidentally without the intention of stealing it. But if that is going to happen to me, I will just going to return it to the same address that sent me that bitcoin.
you are right, thats why i actually dont like people who steal bitcoins because it makes them a harder life
legendary
Activity: 806
Merit: 1000
September 30, 2016, 08:59:42 PM
Bitcoin is a money and stealing a money is absolutely illegal actually stealing anything is illegal and bitcoin has a good nice value to how it can be legal.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 500
September 30, 2016, 08:51:54 PM
Yes when u say stealing then yes its illegal.And bitcoin is a currency its also a money so stealing it surely illegal but what you are talking about is don’t think gonna happen.The chance to that happen is very very less.
It always be illegal activities even in the eyes of people who steal money from people aslso if the bitcoin cureency willl be steal we do not know because it is anonymous we do not know if that money is from illegal or not.
of course it's illegal. I've stolen bitcoin, and I hated it. I guess it is illegal for someone who has taken bitcoin already he accumulated for months for something that is in need it someday without permission. anyone would say that it's illegal, and it's like stealing money in the real world
Activity: 756
September 30, 2016, 08:24:29 PM
The real question should be, Is investing in HYIPs immoral, knowing that if you win, others have lost their money just so you can win.

https://forexparadise.biz/

Cool

Are you promoting an hyip or i didnt understood the website right? Anyway why a legendary account and member of this forum would be making such things, knowing the people who invest will loose their bitcoins almost instant.
 Hyips were always a big problem since they showed off, people dreamed and till today they are crying their investments into those scam projects.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 564
September 30, 2016, 07:06:24 PM
Yes when u say stealing then yes its illegal.And bitcoin is a currency its also a money so stealing it surely illegal but what you are talking about is don’t think gonna happen.The chance to that happen is very very less.
It always be illegal activities even in the eyes of people who steal money from people aslso if the bitcoin cureency willl be steal we do not know because it is anonymous we do not know if that money is from illegal or not.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005
September 30, 2016, 07:01:47 PM
Let's say I generate a new address and by some miracle it has Bitcoin already in it belonging to somebody else. Is it legal to just take it? I understand those odds are very low, no need to lecture me, I'm just interested.

Yes it is illegal, but it's unlikely you'll get caught.     

Stealing anything is illegal. Although in some countries it's not always illegal to steal a car that has the keys still in it (bizarre law, but I didn't make it).     

Even stealing in-game items such as a sword in an mmo is illegal and I'm pretty sure some people ended up in jail or had to pay fines for stealing in game items.   

Stealing is no joke. And by the way, in most countries the law makes no difference if you steal a pen from your boss or if you steal €10,000 from the bank (not armed). Theft is theft.
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
September 30, 2016, 04:26:14 PM
The case you wrote won't happen, but since it's theory, I think that's an act out of most countries' law, but an act that's certainly unethical by any country's population. You shouldn't spend money you didn't earn.
Activity: 462
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 30, 2016, 04:18:00 PM
yea stealing bitcoins is illegall because every  stealling in life is bad and illeggall so stealling bitcoins must  be illegall

Well that is an illegal act if you are going to steal someones bitcoin but in the case of op he is just stating what if he got bitcoins accidentally or if someone sent him bitcoins accidentally without the intention of stealing it. But if that is going to happen to me, I will just going to return it to the same address that sent me that bitcoin.
thats true, it is the main reason why there is not that much thieves in my opinion though thats just my ideas
Activity: 322
September 30, 2016, 03:37:10 PM
I honestly do not know if it is illigal but I think it is illigal but I'm not really sure about it also.
Most likely it is but its not a proven currency or something so I have my doubts about it.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Dapps will be the game changer
September 30, 2016, 07:28:50 AM
Stealing anything is illegal. So stealing bitcoin is illegal too! I mean do we really need a thread for this?! or are people turning out into greedy and selfish individual who just want to do anything to earn money for themselves without standing and thinking from the victims shoes..! Sad! but I guess that's what the world has become now
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
September 30, 2016, 07:20:08 AM
yes everything stealing is illegal and bitcoin stealing is also illegal and normally everything to steal illegal and bitcoin is very secure and i think nio one can steal bitcoin from other people and bitcoin are going too much stronger day by day.
Activity: 490
September 30, 2016, 06:24:48 AM

I think we cant call it Stealing if it is accidentally sent to your wallet, its not your fault at all because it is the sender's problem. It is accidentally sent to your wallet and you dont do effort to get that coin or scamming it. So it is not stealing it is called Accidentally Send
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
September 30, 2016, 06:20:25 AM
The real question should be, Is investing in HYIPs immoral, knowing that if you win, others have lost their money just so you can win.

https://forexparadise.biz/

Cool
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
September 30, 2016, 05:34:05 AM
That's just something that should be common sense, Stealing something is illegal and stealing something that has the same value of money and exchangeable as money, speaking from the ethical point of view, from the law point of view, not sure.
global moderator
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179
While my guitar gently weeps!!!
September 29, 2016, 10:34:43 PM

So you are not angry at "LL" huh?   Cheesy But anyway, yeah, stealing is wrong and it should be illegal, provided that you intentionally do it.. But as long as you are not doing anything to steal it, it is not wrong or illegal..If you tried to find the rightful owner and never find any, then that's not stealing... But if someone claims it and they really has a proof that those bitcoin is theirs, then you are stealing...   Smiley
Activity: 1414
Merit: 505
Backed.Finance
September 29, 2016, 10:22:08 PM

Stealing is always illegal if you call it stealing already cause it means taking something which isnt yours without asking that's illegal in any place.
Stealing bitcoin won't really work anyways if you don't have the information of the other person it's near impossible to hack.
thats true, stealing is not allowed no matter what you actually steal, you should be punished for that

of course, whatever it is, stealing is stealing and its against the law even on whatever race you are. Its a custom to everybody already, you take what is not yours its  illegal unless theres no owner looking for it or it was given wholeheartedly.
Activity: 840
September 29, 2016, 09:35:35 PM
Stealing is always illegal if you call it stealing already cause it means taking something which isnt yours without asking that's illegal in any place.
Stealing bitcoin won't really work anyways if you don't have the information of the other person it's near impossible to hack.
thats true, stealing is not allowed no matter what you actually steal, you should be punished for that
I do agree, stealing is illegal, no matter it is a small thing or small valuable things, if you take something without permission it is called stealing and it is illegal, even though the one that you steal is rich person that is still illegal, so there is no way to correct stealing and it shall be punished
Pages:
Jump to: