Pages:
Author

Topic: Is stealing Bitcoin illegal? - page 11. (Read 39479 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
October 06, 2016, 01:01:31 PM
yes it is illigal but if you are not caught then i do not think anyone can find you atleast not from bitcoin directly. you can only be traced if you have done any mistakes or you forget to clear your footprints
Activity: 303
October 06, 2016, 12:35:19 PM
If that's gonna happen I thinks its pretty sure that it is illegal. It is a kind of stealing if you will use that bitcoin. It's someones earnings and not yours. Maybe you can search for the real owner of that address and tell him/her that you shared the same address. Maybe he will give you a bounty for telling the truth. And also you will have a +credit to your good deeds. Smiley
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
October 06, 2016, 12:02:52 PM
Let's say I generate a new address and by some miracle it has Bitcoin already in it belonging to somebody else. Is it legal to just take it? I understand those odds are very low, no need to lecture me, I'm just interested.
you have thirty eight pages of reply for this question,here is my input from my part,if you generate a new address and there wont be any miracle to have some bitcoin already in that wallet,the chances are slim and it is an impossible scenario ,if you take somebody's asset without their knowledge it is termed as theft Tongue

this. I think you have more chances of winning the lottery than getting a address that has bitcoins on it; and I dont even know if that is possible.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
October 06, 2016, 12:02:16 PM
I won’t give lecture on morality because we all know that it’s wrong but let’s discuss it as a case. I think, yes it’s possible but it’s not going to happen in next 1,000 years for sure and till then crypto currency might have some totally different technology that would make security at its peak level. There is near to -1,000% possibility of the probability of having bitcoins in newly created address.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
October 06, 2016, 11:51:48 AM
Stealing is absolutely illegal..if proven.

Now the question is, is there any obvious way to proof that a stolen coin is indeed your money? It is possible that you might transferred your money to the thief (which is not considered as stealing)
Activity: 910
Merit: 550
October 06, 2016, 11:46:09 AM
Let's say I generate a new address and by some miracle it has Bitcoin already in it belonging to somebody else. Is it legal to just take it? I understand those odds are very low, no need to lecture me, I'm just interested.

Stealing is illegal always , but in your case and question its hard to locate who's the real owner of that btc , so it's not your fault .
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
October 06, 2016, 12:36:51 AM

You mean there is no law yet? However there is law for thyself. If you can manage to supress your conscience then it is not illegal. But can you take it even if you will be thinking about it everyday and giving you chills when you remember what you have done?

This is about our own thinking and principle.Today is rare to find someone who talking about this because this is 2016 bro.All is about the money.Many of people will not thinking either the money they got is illegal or not.Even we have a low,we still break it.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 538
October 06, 2016, 12:32:05 AM
Bitcoin is considered a currency. If you steal any kind of currency, then you are stealing. If you went up to a guy and took his fiat, you would go to jail for robbery. It is the same way with Bitcoin, if you went up to a guy and stole his private key that gave you access to all of his Bitcoin.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Bazinga!
October 06, 2016, 12:07:42 AM
why is this topic still on top?!

the OP is not asking about "stealing bitcoin". it is good to sometimes read the first post before spamming here guys!

he is talking about a rare (impossible) scenario where he can accidentally create an address with bitcoin on it.
Activity: 256
October 05, 2016, 11:51:13 PM
Stealing is always illegal but stealing bitcoins they cant know who have stolen their bitcoin so what i do know is that you can steal bitcoins becuae you cant get caught so why not?

Its maybe not illegal but I think its not right to just steal them, someone worked hard for t most likely.
I think that you should not do this just because of the principles.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1018
Cashback 15%
October 05, 2016, 11:37:26 PM
I dont think stealing bitcoins is illegal because the police cant do anything about it bvecuase the bitcoin is not traceable so they cant find the one who stole your bitcoins.

You mean there is no law yet? However there is law for thyself. If you can manage to supress your conscience then it is not illegal. But can you take it even if you will be thinking about it everyday and giving you chills when you remember what you have done?

This is  true, even  no one  see you  on the crime you commit  but  conscience  would  always   haunt you down even  in your sleep. lol. Unless if you are a person who always steal and  already  immune to  these kind  of conscience thing.  Stealing  someones possesion is always  illegal in any ways.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
October 05, 2016, 10:36:21 PM
I dont think stealing bitcoins is illegal because the police cant do anything about it bvecuase the bitcoin is not traceable so they cant find the one who stole your bitcoins.

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005
October 05, 2016, 10:24:20 PM
Stealing bitcoins is sort of illegal but the thing is that they cant do anything about it becuase the bitcoin is not yours you know bitcoins are for everyone because everyone can mine them./

Yup stealing anything will determine as illegal and wrong only. I think there is one drawback bitcoin, you cannot easily find the scammers who steal your btc.However we have anonymous in transaction but this is having this kind disadvantage also.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026
October 05, 2016, 10:38:15 AM
Stealing is not illegal.  

Is stealing someone's thought illegal?  No.  

Is stealing someone's heart illegal?  No.

Is stealing someone's idea illegal?  Not really.

Is stealing someone's parking space illegal?  No.

Bitcoin is just like a parking space, thought, idea, heart.  Stealing it is not illegal.  

Only stealing things like cars which are made out of hard assed material is illegal.
Activity: 350
October 05, 2016, 10:00:00 AM
Stealing bitcoins is sort of illegal but the thing is that they cant do anything about it becuase the bitcoin is not yours you know bitcoins are for everyone because everyone can mine them./
Activity: 336
October 05, 2016, 09:59:59 AM
Activity: 244
October 05, 2016, 09:57:31 AM
Stealing is always illegal but stealing bitcoins they cant know who have stolen their bitcoin so what i do know is that you can steal bitcoins becuae you cant get caught so why not?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924
฿ear ride on the rainbow slide
October 05, 2016, 09:12:50 AM
Yes -  it is illegal - you are taking digital assets that don't belong to you.  Accessing a public website for a purpose other than what it is designed for can even land you in jail. https://www.wired.com/2013/03/att-hacker-gets-3-years/
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
October 05, 2016, 07:41:32 AM
How would the person know who stole their BTC ?
Isn't the question hard to answer since:
1. It will never happen
2. It has never happened
3. No court would accept such a case

?
Activity: 2996
Merit: 609
October 05, 2016, 07:26:38 AM
Stealing someones possession is  consider already as   stealing and  any way  of stealing is  definitely illegal, on the case of  OP seems  he dont  intend  to generate an address with a fund already maybe  its  not  consider stealing since he wont know  whos the  owner of the   address.
Pages:
Jump to: