Pages:
Author

Topic: Is stealing Bitcoin illegal? - page 12. (Read 39479 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
October 05, 2016, 04:47:19 AM
I don't know anything about this but I think regardless of how you were able to hack someone else's account and swipe everything he worked hard for is illegal. If people can just mind their own everything will be fine. Just imagine yourself checking your wallet then eventually find out that however you flip it inside out you'll come up with nothing. That would be devastating.
copper member
Activity: 1050
Merit: 294
October 04, 2016, 04:10:23 PM
How any type of stealing can be legal?
The case you are describing is not real. If it happened then you are really lucky.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 532
October 04, 2016, 03:40:12 PM
Let's say I generate a new address and by some miracle it has Bitcoin already in it belonging to somebody else. Is it legal to just take it? I understand those odds are very low, no need to lecture me, I'm just interested.
you have thirty eight pages of reply for this question,here is my input from my part,if you generate a new address and there wont be any miracle to have some bitcoin already in that wallet,the chances are slim and it is an impossible scenario ,if you take somebody's asset without their knowledge it is termed as theft Tongue
Activity: 326
Merit: 250
October 04, 2016, 02:54:35 PM
I think the one who steal bitcoins are not illegal because the bitcoin cant be traced you know lots of people are getting rid of their coins and no one is doing anything about it so it is not illegal.
So you are saying, just because it can not be traced it is OK to steal from another person or company?  That is like saying you can steak a car as long as you do not get caught, it is ok!!!  Come on here, we need a better excuse than this one!!

Indeed its not good to do this and I think you are a sad person indeed if you are doing it, its just insane, it does not matter if it is a real rule for us it is so..
Activity: 236
October 04, 2016, 01:55:01 PM
I think the one who steal bitcoins are not illegal because the bitcoin cant be traced you know lots of people are getting rid of their coins and no one is doing anything about it so it is not illegal.
So you are saying, just because it can not be traced it is OK to steal from another person or company?  That is like saying you can steak a car as long as you do not get caught, it is ok!!!  Come on here, we need a better excuse than this one!!
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
October 04, 2016, 01:53:07 PM

I do not agree with that. Stealing of anything is illegal. Stealing bitcoin is not different from stealing other properties.
Activity: 336
October 04, 2016, 10:28:18 AM
Activity: 1022
Merit: 511
October 04, 2016, 10:21:29 AM
Stealing bitcoins is not illegal but its of course also not good, I think that there is still no real rule for this in certain country's due to that I think its not illegal.
I think you are also than a sad person if you are doing this in my eyes.
Even there are no regulations for bitcoin, we must follow our own moral so stealing bitcoin must be illegal only. Similarly, for the case of OP we need to act based up on our moral values instead of looking for any legal guidelines for keeping those bitcoin. Going as per morals, will give peace of mind always.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
October 04, 2016, 10:08:05 AM
IMO Of course it is, Stealing bitcoin is illegal as much as stealing money, although bitcoin is not considered money yet so not directly illegal in the aspect of it being money but it has a value therefore it's not preferred at all...

Indeed why wouldn't it be illegal to STEAL bitcoin stealing is stealing so it will always be illegal but the only thing that kinda sucks is that the authorities can't enforce not to steal on bitcoin cause its so untraceable.
Activity: 778
October 04, 2016, 09:57:09 AM
Stealing bitcoins is not illegal but its of course also not good, I think that there is still no real rule for this in certain country's due to that I think its not illegal.
I think you are also than a sad person if you are doing this in my eyes.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
October 04, 2016, 09:49:13 AM
I dont think you can get caucht by stealing bitcoins do you know why because bitcoins are not from you they are from everyone who has bitcoins because they are not on your name.

If you use the stolen bitcoin and people can link the spending with you, then you will be caught. It is better to mix it.
Stealing is illegal no one will tolerate that action, and base on the OP statement i think that is not form of stealing he only a lucky person that generate bitcoin address with a free bitcoin balance in the wallet.
How can someone generate already generated address again? if a wallet has balance,it means someone is already using it
To generate already used bitcoin address, the chances are very thin. But in the case of if that collision happens, we must try to conduct the original owner of that bitcoin address, by announcing in this forum. But, taking away that bitcoins must be a kind of stealing only.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
October 04, 2016, 09:12:32 AM
I dont think you can get caucht by stealing bitcoins do you know why because bitcoins are not from you they are from everyone who has bitcoins because they are not on your name.

If you use the stolen bitcoin and people can link the spending with you, then you will be caught. It is better to mix it.
Stealing is illegal no one will tolerate that action, and base on the OP statement i think that is not form of stealing he only a lucky person that generate bitcoin address with a free bitcoin balance in the wallet.
How can someone generate already generated address again? if a wallet has balance,it means someone is already using it

Well that is just OP's example and I thinking in my part that is extremely possible cause like you said a generated bitcoin address that already has an owner would definitely not gonna be get by anyone anymore right? but as OP has said this is just his example in his matter in what if only! and if he would get that Bitcoin is it illegal? that is just his question and an example for this matter.
Activity: 602
October 04, 2016, 07:03:55 AM

Activity: 280
Merit: 253
October 04, 2016, 06:53:09 AM

Even for the case of OP, if he gets chances to return those bitcoins, ignoring the and keeping must be considered as stealing bitcoins. We need to act based on our heart not by mind. When we get chances to return the bitcoins we got due to some mistakes, we should return, else it is kind of stealing only.
let us take this to the real world. if i steal someones door keys and use them at their home i am breaking in. but if i find the key and use them to enter the house, this would be still breaking in by the standards of most people. but if i take a piece of metal and make a random key, then go to a random house and the key fits the lock, then this would be not breaking in, but most would say it feels still wrong.
this is the same with a stolen wallet, a found wallet and you a random generated key that has some founds in it. 
Activity: 700
Massive price drop coming...
October 04, 2016, 06:47:12 AM
Stealing bitcoin is very illegal just like stealing money so you shouldn't steal bitcoin if you are not a criminal who doesn't want to get into problems.
Bitcoin is very anonymous though so I could imagine it's hard to catch a thief.
Well i agree but i never heard that stealing  money is illegal in terms. maybe we can say that its a bad ways to have a money than calling them a illegal..
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
October 04, 2016, 06:16:00 AM
Stealing bitcoin is very illegal just like stealing money so you shouldn't steal bitcoin if you are not a criminal who doesn't want to get into problems.
Bitcoin is very anonymous though so I could imagine it's hard to catch a thief.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
October 04, 2016, 05:58:31 AM

Even for the case of OP, if he gets chances to return those bitcoins, ignoring the and keeping must be considered as stealing bitcoins. We need to act based on our heart not by mind. When we get chances to return the bitcoins we got due to some mistakes, we should return, else it is kind of stealing only.
Activity: 714
Merit: 531
October 04, 2016, 05:24:11 AM

Activity: 336
Bravity is beautiful.
October 04, 2016, 04:57:14 AM
Stealing anything is illegal so yes bitcoin aswell ofcourse there's no authorities which can really track you or do anything.
But if you'd go to the police and say you stole bitcoin then I am not sure if they would actually do something lol.
Activity: 396
Merit: 104
October 04, 2016, 04:30:10 AM

Pages:
Jump to: