Pages:
Author

Topic: Is the future of Bitcoin uncertain? - page 5. (Read 1404 times)

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1094
Assalamu Alekum
August 04, 2022, 12:21:11 AM
What could be the state of Bitcoin in the future?

This is discussed all the time but I am asking this question because my elder brother said that after 2025 Bitcoin will not exist anymore and will be completely dead. He also said that after 2025 Bitcoin will not be mined so that Bitcoin will not be able to hold its own position.

So I would like to know from you how reasonable this statement is?

Looks like your brother has read too much FUD about bitcoin and he's obsessed. In fact, no one knows if the bitcoin price will reach a new ATH in 2025, but we can be sure that bitcoin will not die or disappear in 2025.
How can it be predicted that bitcoin will die out completely while bitcoin is increasingly accepted around the world. Your brother will regret missing out on bitcoin, I hope you won't miss it like he did, research bitcoin now before it's too late.
Activity: 2464
Merit: 209
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
August 03, 2022, 11:56:23 PM

This is discussed all the time but I am asking this question because my elder brother said that after 2025 Bitcoin will not exist anymore and will be completely dead. He also said that after 2025 Bitcoin will not be mined so that Bitcoin will not be able to hold its own position.

How did your brother made a fixed prediction when no one else here is capable to rightly predict that future of bitcoin. It’s more like he’s been scammed by all the fake news circulating around. In fact, 2025 is predicted to be a good year for bitcoin, as miners will continue to mined bitcoin that is bound to reach $100k as how analysts predicted its future price. If your brother comes up with another conclusion, then he must be one of those negative analysts concerning bitcoin.
Not to be surprised whether those $100k price prediction or even going back $100 or a thousand  wouldnt matter because everyone would be ending up on being speculator no matter what.
Because this market is pure speculative so how could we expect a concrete or a complete coming?
there is no such thing in crypto market ,
When we do talk about future it wont matter if Bitcoin or on other things, theres no such thing about certain or definitely could happen thats why you should always set out those precautionary measures
when it comes to risk  and other things related to it.
if we wanted to Win over our investments then we must understand that risk is part, but never become greedy if you dont wanna end up losing everything.
Invest on what you can afford to lose because even bitcoin do fly with colors doesnt mean that it would guaranteed success in the future.
We can lose, we can win, depend on your capacity to choose and capacity to wait.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1327
August 03, 2022, 10:42:49 PM
There is no doubt that bitcoin's future is in doubt, but it is probably not quite accurate to say that the government won't bother with bitcoin at all. Bitcoin does not see the government as the enemy but the government seems to see bitcoin as the enemy. As long as bitcoin exists, they won't stop messing with it until it disappears, but that's not going to be possible. Bitcoin volatility is not a bad thing sometimes, the stronger the drop, the stronger the upside potential.
Governments had such a monopoly over the currency market that they never thought they will ever be challenged, they beat gold long time ago and the few attempts to create currencies outside of their control were destroyed by them, Satoshi created a superior currency out of nowhere and they are not willing to quit their benefits just because one person had a good idea, however they are realizing that killing bitcoin is not going to be easy and if anything it will be one of the most difficult things they could hope to accomplish.
The threat I guess is taxation. Any currency would do, if I'm not mistaken, as long as the government of that certain country will benefit on its usage but since cryptos are in blockchain, governments are somehow afraid of the tendencies people will avoid taxes which governments believe, will affect country's economy. If ever there will be regulations, years would be needed still for such thing to occur. And if ever regulated cryptos will be the "same" as traditional digital money, that could also affect not only Bitcoin but cryptos in general. So yeah, things are still uncertain. This is just how I view this topic, feel free to correct me, that would be much appreciated.
You are correct, while politicians talk badly about bitcoin and they argue this is because of their fear of criminals using it the truth is that their biggest worry is taxation, while the rich can legally reduce their taxes by using all kind of financial structures in theory bitcoin could allow most of the population to hide their wealth or at least part of it, and this is a problem for the governments as a great deal of them are already incredibly indebted and they are not happy about this possibility.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 324
August 03, 2022, 07:45:56 PM

How did your brother made a fixed prediction when no one else here is capable to rightly predict that future of bitcoin. It’s more like he’s been scammed by all the fake news circulating around. In fact, 2025 is predicted to be a good year for bitcoin, as miners will continue to mined bitcoin that is bound to reach $100k as how analysts predicted its future price. If your brother comes up with another conclusion, then he must be one of those negative analysts concerning bitcoin.
Not to be surprised whether those $100k price prediction or even going back $100 or a thousand  wouldnt matter because everyone would be ending up on being speculator no matter what.

When we do talk about future it wont matter if Bitcoin or on other things, theres no such thing about certain or definitely could happen thats why you should always set out those precautionary measures
when it comes to risk  and other things related to it.

Invest on what you can afford to lose because even bitcoin do fly with colors doesnt mean that it would guaranteed success in the future.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 255
August 03, 2022, 06:46:21 PM

This is discussed all the time but I am asking this question because my elder brother said that after 2025 Bitcoin will not exist anymore and will be completely dead. He also said that after 2025 Bitcoin will not be mined so that Bitcoin will not be able to hold its own position

Having followed Bitcoin from 2017 till date makes no sense to me to start doubting Bitcoin's future looking at the past historical record and current history to start thinking about the uncertainty in the future, Looking at the state of Bitcoin right now it will be a big weight for governments around the world to ban the entire use of Bitcoin, soon it will get to a stage where government will have no option than to start adopting Bitcoin due to increasing demand.
To conclude I see brighter future for Bitcoin and not uncertainty.

If we study Bitcoin well and understand how Bitcoin works, it seems impossible to assume the future of Bitcoin is uncertain. Moreover, as you said
the history of the movement of Bitcoin is enough to prove that Bitcoin is increasing in price, and its popularity is also on the rise, meaning Bitcoin
has a bright future. So I believe slowly more and more countries will adopt Bitcoin. The development of Bitcoin has been extraordinary with quite
a number of institutions deciding to invest in Bitcoin in the long term. Don't because seeing this year's Bitcoin price fall and think Bitcoin has
no future certainty. Because the current Bitcoin price decline is only temporary, because I believe Bitcoin will recover soon and even the price will
reach new ATH.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 662
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
August 03, 2022, 05:58:54 PM

Activity: 784
Merit: 542
August 03, 2022, 12:55:50 PM

This is discussed all the time but I am asking this question because my elder brother said that after 2025 Bitcoin will not exist anymore and will be completely dead. He also said that after 2025 Bitcoin will not be mined so that Bitcoin will not be able to hold its own position

Having followed Bitcoin from 2017 till date makes no sense to me to start doubting Bitcoin's future looking at the past historical record and current history to start thinking about the uncertainty in the future, Looking at the state of Bitcoin right now it will be a big weight for governments around the world to ban the entire use of Bitcoin, soon it will get to a stage where government will have no option than to start adopting Bitcoin due to increasing demand.
To conclude I see brighter future for Bitcoin and not uncertainty.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 670
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
August 03, 2022, 11:53:48 AM
Well, no one really knows and it's still gray. But what we do know is that the world is moving towards a more decentralized system where peer-to-peer transactions are faster, safer, and easier and its growth continues to grow and get more and more popular.
but for sure and i think bitcoin is running like a virus in society, and is currently a tuff to buy base level crypto currency. So plan ahead to buy as early as possible, even in small quantities that will make a big difference in the future.
owning bitcoin must have good trust and confidence and don't care about the problems that occur on the way because it will make us do wrong actions and regret later on.
That is right. There is no guarantee about what’s going to happen but we all know that it won't be an easy thing, it will take a while before people realize how serious bitcoin could become. It is already talked about in all finance shows, and there are way too many people who think that it is something decent.

But, that doesn't change the fact that we shouldn't really be worried about current situation of bitcoin being on a bear market, because right now has nothing to do with the future. We should just focus on how great we could get, and if we do that then we are on the right track, and I guarantee you that we are on the track to be great in the future for sure.
Merit: 586
August 02, 2022, 02:28:21 PM
The threat I guess is taxation. Any currency would do, if I'm not mistaken, as long as the government of that certain country will benefit on its usage but since cryptos are in blockchain, governments are somehow afraid of the tendencies people will avoid taxes which governments believe, will affect country's economy. If ever there will be regulations, years would be needed still for such thing to occur. And if ever regulated cryptos will be the "same" as traditional digital money, that could also affect not only Bitcoin but cryptos in general. So yeah, things are still uncertain. This is just how I view this topic, feel free to correct me, that would be much appreciated.
People already avoid taxes like hell right now with whatever they are doing, the whole idea of taxes are basically avoiding it for many people. In fact, there was a case study in my nation that showed that if you contribute all the estimated taxes that should have been paid but did not pay, then we could have 10-15% less taxes for everyone, it’s THAT big.

So, anything that is 27% taxed, would be 15% suddenly because everyone started to pay, we are missing out a lot. Crypto is at least a bit easier. Because, you tax it whenever they cash out and that means people would need to use banks or crypto exchanges and give KYC and that would be easier to track that way.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 448
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
August 02, 2022, 11:08:44 AM
Well, no one really knows and it's still gray. But what we do know is that the world is moving towards a more decentralized system where peer-to-peer transactions are faster, safer, and easier and its growth continues to grow and get more and more popular.
but for sure and i think bitcoin is running like a virus in society, and is currently a tuff to buy base level crypto currency. So plan ahead to buy as early as possible, even in small quantities that will make a big difference in the future.
owning bitcoin must have good trust and confidence and don't care about the problems that occur on the way because it will make us do wrong actions and regret later on.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1208
Once a man, twice a child!
August 02, 2022, 09:16:35 AM
This is discussed all the time but I am asking this question because my elder brother said that after 2025 Bitcoin will not exist anymore and will be completely dead.
Even the man whom they said supposedly saw tomorrow wouldn't even make that blanket statement about Bitcoin and its extinction. Your brother is undoubtedly wrong. There are many factors that go against his prediction but that's not what I want to dwell on here. Bitcoin has come to stay. The days when Bitcoin's future was shaky has long past. We're in the era of stability now. 2025 will come and go, Bitcoin will remain here. I believe it's pessimism that's driving him to say that. He needs your assurance and convinction to demystify all that wrong notion about Bitcoin.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 787
Jack of all trades 💯
August 02, 2022, 07:56:28 AM
Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are decentralization systems, anything can happen, but what makes me optimistic for Bitcoin Hold is the number of users who continue to increase, even more countries open tenders to legalize bitcoin, maybe users feel they get big profit so they sell and make price pressure But I'm sure the Bitcoin value will continue to increase.

I basically agree with you too but he left me confused so I asked this question to everyone. Thank you all for talking about this. Hopefully soon the price of Bitcoin will increase and all the altcoins will catch their fixed value.
Bitcoin price will continue to grow in future since many people look at bitcoin as the future. And for continuous hitting it on the mainstream for sure it creates awareness plus it will converted to demands.  The price rise will come in future once demand will go higher that's why we need to keep look after on it and think about positive things. Keep watching the market in future especially on halving since this is when the magic start to happen.
Activity: 2772
Merit: 357
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
August 02, 2022, 02:18:48 AM
There is no doubt that bitcoin's future is in doubt, but it is probably not quite accurate to say that the government won't bother with bitcoin at all. Bitcoin does not see the government as the enemy but the government seems to see bitcoin as the enemy. As long as bitcoin exists, they won't stop messing with it until it disappears, but that's not going to be possible. Bitcoin volatility is not a bad thing sometimes, the stronger the drop, the stronger the upside potential.
Governments had such a monopoly over the currency market that they never thought they will ever be challenged, they beat gold long time ago and the few attempts to create currencies outside of their control were destroyed by them, Satoshi created a superior currency out of nowhere and they are not willing to quit their benefits just because one person had a good idea, however they are realizing that killing bitcoin is not going to be easy and if anything it will be one of the most difficult things they could hope to accomplish.
Actually even if they wanted or willing to kill bitcoin? yet their capacity wasn't enough and they knew that they can do nothing to make this happen.

Yeah banning may prevent people from using but they will find another way to make it possible.

so admit it or not, Bitcoin and cryptocurrency will be part of the world forever until human itself denies the using of this then that may be the end of bitcoin.
copper member
Activity: 41
Merit: 10
Bounty Management Service https://t.me/PandaD247
August 02, 2022, 12:52:39 AM
Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are decentralization systems, anything can happen, but what makes me optimistic for Bitcoin Hold is the number of users who continue to increase, even more countries open tenders to legalize bitcoin, maybe users feel they get big profit so they sell and make price pressure But I'm sure the Bitcoin value will continue to increase.

I basically agree with you too but he left me confused so I asked this question to everyone. Thank you all for talking about this. Hopefully soon the price of Bitcoin will increase and all the altcoins will catch their fixed value.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 106
August 02, 2022, 12:39:07 AM
There is no definite investment in profit, bitcoin and any type of investment always has a risk to lose money, at this time the price has dropped more than 65% compared to ATH in 2021, this is a lesson that we must always be realistic, and for the future of course it is still difficult to guess But I'm sure the price will skyrocket again.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 255
August 02, 2022, 12:27:15 AM
Activity: 2268
Merit: 263
August 02, 2022, 12:24:33 AM

Bitcoin can still be said to be excellent for the long term, so it is still quite promising the journey of bitcoin until the year you mentioned, the possibility of bitcoin dying or no longer growing is quite difficult, this is unlikely to happen if you look at the journey in the market now, so I am still quite sure and optimistic, that bitcoin will continue to grow in the future, corrections and price conditions go up and down are two things that can't be avoided, but that doesn't mean bitcoin will die and be left behind by people.
Activity: 2296
Merit: 366
August 01, 2022, 10:53:36 PM
Your brother doesn't know a thing about Bitcoin. If I were you, I'd stop listening to him at least when he talks about Bitcoin. Start reading relevant news, articles, discussions, etc about Bitcoin and you will know how bullish Bitcoin actually is, how bright its future is.

And even if we are in the middle of a strong bear market right now you'd notice how the support of the people towards Bitcoin is increasing. Stats like the number of addresses with at least a Bitcoin in them or the Lightning Network capacity and others are hitting all time highs.

The more you will learn about Bitcoin the more you will support it, that's why I know that your brother doesn't know about Bitcoin.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 174
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
August 01, 2022, 08:38:39 PM

Although it is a new asset and unpopular with governments, saying it will die is unlikely. With 13 years of development, acceptance and widespread use, I cannot imagine the prospect of bitcoin dying even if the government denies its existence.
Many predict 2025 will be the time when bitcoin hits new ATH, you and your brother should learn about bitcoin now so as not to miss the opportunity to buy bitcoin at a highly discounted price. Your chances will still be in 2025 but it will be much smaller than it is now.
New asset? lol Bitcoin has been here for more than 10 years and this is not a new asset mate instead this is something we  are setting now for our funding like me in which having here for sometime now.
and this is not Unpopular , a simple checking in google engine will show you how popular bitcoin is now.
and this has a certain future and one of the best lol.

I also agree that Bitcoin has been in the market for over 10 years, it's not a short time, so it can't be said to be a new asset.
I don't know where did he get that point because He had reached that rank here in bitcointalk knowing that this is a New asset? lol

Moreover,
the Bitcoin community is increasing, now almost all residents in the world have at least heard of Bitcoin or cryptocurrency. Because now
internet access is easier to get, and most of the people started to spend a lot of their free time to access the internet and interact on social media.
So it's no wonder the popularity of Bitcoin almost increases every year, because information about Bitcoin spreads throughout the world very quickly.
That is overstatement mate , not almost all resident in the world because still a little margin of people are having or even using bitcoin and we cannot deny that fact.

just go around your community and you will see the ratio of how many are using and how many are not.

It's no wonder that many people are interested in investing in Bitcoin, even many institutions have started long-term investments in Bitcoin.
Well businesses are assuring their asset and they found Bitcoin to be the safest .
More and more countries are legalizing Bitcoin, even though they only legalize Bitcoin as a digital asset.
Wrong, still very Few countries are legalizing bitcoin , so that is again an overstatement .
Merit: 548
8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!
August 01, 2022, 07:03:47 PM
That's true. Taxation serves to be a big problem. Initially the governments mentioned the pseudo anonymous feature as the reason for not regulating bitcoin. Through this it is getting much into terrorist activities and on illegal needs. Now those things have faded away and the concern is over taxation. The governments were very keen to tax perfectly as the usage and users keep increasing. As said, functioning over the blockchain it is a tedious process to make people pay taxes. At some point governments will believe that cryptocurrency won't affect a country's economy.
Pages:
Jump to: