Pages:
Author

Topic: Is the price of ethereum dependent on bitcoin? - page 19. (Read 5185 times)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Yes, you are very wise. Not only Ethereum, all coins in cryptocurrencies rely on Bitcoin. Bitcoin is the strongest coin.
Activity: 481
Merit: 11
Most people have the mindset that the price of ethereum rises with bitcoin and vice versa. How true is this?

In think it is true, ethereum prices rises when bitcoin price rises too. The majority of the cryptomarkets follow bitcoin. Bitcoin is the front runner and market king. Where it goes, the rest of the market tends to follow. Ethereum follow bitcoin for the same reasons every other coin does.
powers bitcoin is the reason why the cryptoccurency followed him. Why follow the market from ethereum bitcoin, power moves the markets owned bitcoin not owned any crypto. take a look at the market are down when bitcoin is currently down, and now it took a fair while to be able to rise again.
Activity: 96
The price of Ethereum is not dependent on bitcoin. The forces of demand and supply determine the price of both ethereum, bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. That the price of bitcoin goes up doesnt mean that the price of ethereum will also go up. We have several cases of the prices of the two cryptocurrencies going alternate ways and such doesnt indicate that the price of one determine the price of the other
Activity: 84
Most people have the mindset that the price of ethereum rises with bitcoin and vice versa. How true is this?

In think it is true, ethereum prices rises when bitcoin price rises too. The majority of the cryptomarkets follow bitcoin. Bitcoin is the front runner and market king. Where it goes, the rest of the market tends to follow. Ethereum follow bitcoin for the same reasons every other coin does.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 254
Not always.
But as far as I know, the price of Ethereum always drop if Bitcoin price in the bullish condition.
That what's happening, sometime they're looks connected, but sometime seems unaffected. See that few week ago when bitcoin price in stable, eth still in bad condition and keep drop. Even bitcoin try to rise slowly, eth remain unchanged. Seems it's all depends on trader and billionaire.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
Price dependency is not peculiar to ethereum alone, altcoin in general has this dependency issue when it come to pricing. Bitcoin pricing affect every coin and good bitcoin price is good for all the coin!
Activity: 154
Merit: 1

In my opinion,  I think Ethereum really dependent on bitcoin. Bitcoin’s market cap is huge. When bitcoin goes up, cryptocurrency index goes up and vice versa. Bitcoin is the de facto digital currency. Ether is an smart contract ecosystem. Bitcoin is a store of value and framework for transferring funds. They frequently move relative to each other as per the chart
Activity: 213
Merit: 11
[ CINDX ] REFORM HOW SELL & BUY CRYPTO
Not always.
But as far as I know, the price of Ethereum always drop if Bitcoin price in the bullish condition.
Activity: 644
Merit: 113
I think that this is true, but at the etherium it is not much manifested. At the moment, all the coins have fallen, but it's hard to say whether this is due to bitcoins or whether the entire market is falling.
No coin is dependent on bitcoin price, it has an independent market and community making it grow and eventually makes the price at good standing. But Bitcoin is a big factor on the changes of the altcoin values since it is the primary pairing coin on most exchange. In addition, it is also one of the best established coin that is available in the market. It's community also are the same community that is involved in other altcoins.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
Swipe!
Suddenly yes, BTC totally dominates current market and its price fully represents the situation with crypto, other coins just follow the trends.
Activity: 348
Merit: 250
The Exchange for EOS Community
Well it is yes but also it is not.

It is one of the variable but not the only one.
Activity: 114
bitcoin has a great influence on the prices of altcoins, including Ethereum. therefore, the price of Ethereum is now falling
Activity: 197
Merit: 10
As I understand it should not depends one crypto currency from another , but as we all see it is depending, also altcoins from eth
Even though the coins have prices that is similar to one another that does not mean that the coins will be worth nothing.
Activity: 896
Merit: 103
As I understand it should not depends one crypto currency from another , but as we all see it is depending, also altcoins from eth
Activity: 220
Merit: 2

I believe everything is based off of Bitcoin after watching this dance for a year or so.  The alts are like a bungie cord strapped to Bitcoin.  They make huge swings and if you play it right and sell while the cord is above Bitcoin you win.  Just gotta time when that fall is coming. 
Activity: 294
Yeah ethereum prices still depend on the price of bitcoin. The proof is that the price of bitcoin decreases, so ethereum prices also strengthen this price decline. Now all coins depend on bitcoin prices as leaders of crypto currencies. Bitcoin still has a strong influence and full control over the prices of other crypto currencies on the market. Until now there has not been a single coin that can control its own price without the influence of bitcoin. Ethereum as a coin with innovative and capable technology cannot control itself. But for the long term, I am sure that ethereum will be more independent and able to control the price itself.
copper member
Activity: 253
Merit: 2
Yes i would say you are quiet right but not only Ethereum but all altcoins price id somehow dependent on btc price. And it is quiet logical , Bitcoin is the mother currency of all and creator and controller of whole Crypto market , so all altcoins price can increase or decrease with btc price but this not necessarily means that every single coin price depends on btc. If the Idea behind project is good its price will definitely rise no matter how bull or bear market it is.
Activity: 205
Looking at today's market, it can be argued that the price of Ethereum directly depends on the price of bitcoin.
Activity: 18
This is because most exchanges do not offer FIAT-ETH exchanges. This means that you cannot purchase ETH using your local Fiat currency (such as US dollars or Renminbi). Instead, you must first buy bitcoin in dollars or renminbi and then convert bitcoin to ETH, which is why ETH prices are still related to BTC.
Activity: 28
Judging by the fact that Ethereum always moves after Bitcoin, we can probably say that its price depends on the value of BTC.
Pages:
Jump to: