Pages:
Author

Topic: Is the price of ethereum dependent on bitcoin? - page 20. (Read 5185 times)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0
I don't think so. But this is the explanation. Bitcoin is the king of Crypto, that means the majority of users in the Crypto world are Bitcoin users. Automatically the Bitcoin market greatly influences other markets. For Ethereum is an alternative to bitcoin, so they have something to do with one user. If Bitcoin prices rise or fall, surely Ethereum will also follow it, although the difference is different but still follows.
Activity: 560
Merit: 16
All altkoins are dependent on bitcoin and today's example is a graphic confirmation. while the violas fall much more strongly than bitcoin and the etherium is no exception
Activity: 602
Merit: 258
The price of ethereum is not dependent on the price of bitcoin
because they are both independent in this industry at the same time they have no relationship to be connected to each other.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
Most people have the mindset that the price of ethereum rises with bitcoin and vice versa. How true is this?
If we use market logic in my opinion, because ethereum uses bitcoin for their coin value, even though ethereum uses usd and usdt but eth / btc has a higher volume, so if only the market demand for bitcoin falls then the traders and holders prefer hold and resulted in demand for ethereum also dropped. For the truth, I don't really know because it is based on what I see and there are also those who say that it is true or not, because I think the perspective of everyone is different and I appreciate that.

Bitcoin is the leader of all coins and when its value in the market drops every altcoin follows, its like a domino effect on the alts, so if the bitcoin price drops, ethereum also dops.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
Most people have the mindset that the price of ethereum rises with bitcoin and vice versa. How true is this?
I noticed only that after Bitcoin, the altcoins begin to grow. But I did not notice that the Ethereum was growing in price the same as Bitcoin
Activity: 74
I think every other coin or token in the market depends on bitcoin price to a level.. because most of this coins are pair alongside bitcoin
Activity: 75
I think this is normal. Not only does the price of Ethereum depend on Bitcoin, but all cryptocurrency prices are dependent on Bitcoin. Bitcoin is the leader of cryptocurrency and is also the representative of cryptocurrency, as long as bitcoin rises all The coins will rise, and all the bitcoins will fall.
A psychological effect may be there, otherwise I cannot see any other reason for which bitcoin is effecting other altcoin. Now people have become mature and they select different good altcoin for their investment to make money from there.
Activity: 364
It's a very interesting thing to answer. I can give a very short answer in this topic and the answer is yes eth depend on btc. Not only eth but every single coin of this crypto market depend on this btc price.
There are many reasons behind this first is this coin can use it anywhere in this whole world and its the first crypto coin of this market and has a good liquidity so people can use it. So it's true that eth depends on btc. But the fact is all the coins were doing good in the golden era time of this market. Let's hope again.
Activity: 196

Honesty, i agree with that opinion. If i see and observe the progress of cryptocurrencies's price in the coinmarketcap, the price of btc can affect for most of altcoins, include eth. Like today, the price of btc still decrease and reach $6,900, and it affect to eth too. The price of eth decrease too and reach the price $280. Because of btc is the first coin in the cryptocurrency, of course the value or demand of btc can influence for another coins, include eth.
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
It's already lasted very long and until recently the ETH keep abreast of BTC. And this I think is very good for the development of all Altcoin. BTC continues to grow and currently, its value is very high and many people hope that the BTC would repeat events such as the end of the year 2017.
Activity: 142
Merit: 1
I wonder why some one would think such, it is known that bitcoin is the father of all crypto currencies, so regardless of whether the coin is ethereum or not, every coin is affected by the rise of fall of bitcoin
Activity: 336
Actually it's not a mindset anymore, it's a reality. other coin prices depend on bitcoin because when the price of bitcoin drops, the other price of altcoin will also drop, so the price of eth also drops.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 252
If we use market logic in my opinion, because ethereum uses bitcoin for their coin value, even though ethereum uses usd and usdt but eth / btc has a higher volume, so if only the market demand for bitcoin falls then the traders and holders prefer hold and resulted in demand for ethereum also dropped. For the truth, I don't really know because it is based on what I see and there are also those who say that it is true or not, because I think the perspective of everyone is different and I appreciate that.
Activity: 845
I don't think that, even though bitcoin is the most influential coin but the number of tokens and exchanges that only use ethereum makes ethereum prices independent and does not depend on bitcoin prices, see when bitcoin prices rise or fall, this is not directly proportional to the ethereum chart.
Activity: 462
Prices of altcoin market and cryptocurrency in general rely on bitcoin price for growth in the market. For now, ethereum is not an exception to this and this price mechanism might stay that way until there is a break out in capitalization of other coin aside bitcoin!
Merit: 1
Maybe it could be the case. Because no matter how the market will indeed mutually dependent upon one another. and indeed this is bitcoin very large coin sale. So that could affect the other.
copper member
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
Some what yes.... Ethereum price is depends on bitcoin. If yoy ethereum so how determine the price of that ethereum? If you campare with bitcoin you will know exact price of that ethereum. So, bitcoin price down then ethereum price will also down.
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
Yes it's , Bitcoin is the first coin with the largest community and bitcoin price does affect the whole market cause many coins are paired with bitcoin in exchange and also right now bitcoin has a lot of dominance with small movements of bitcoin it will affect the marketcap drastically.
I don't think it depends. because however they are stand alone. And they both have advantages and disadvantages. So I guess for both is indeed not mutually dependent upon one another.
Activity: 210
I think it is like that if ethereum prices depend on bitcoint, but not only ethereum all coint prices also depend on bitcoint, if the bitcoint goes up it will increase, and vice versa
Pages:
Jump to: