Pages:
Author

Topic: Is there a place in the world you could live like a king via sig campaigns? - page 4. (Read 7471 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 291
it all depends on the currency in each of these countries, the dollar has always been one of the top currencies in topping the world's currencies. Surely it would be very profitable if someone from a country whose currency is under the dollar follows a campaign and is paid using dollars.
maybe for people in America or countries with dollar bills $ 300 looks normal, but if $ 300 dollars are used
in a low currency country, it will definitely be very profitable and sufficient for everyday life.
$1 in America
What can one US dollar buy? In America, you can use that money to buy a slice of pizza, a gas lighter, paying for one hour of parking, a medium-sized bottle of mineral water, candy, postcards, cotton buds, and many other things.

in my country $1 can be bought for 1.2 liters of fuel, 7 gas lighters, 5 medium-sized bottles of mineral water, paying for parking for a day and a night, buying a fair amount of candy.
for $1 in the country where I live I can eat very full.
so it's no wonder $100 or $300 per week can be very special and very valuable.
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 10155
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
You are welcome to my country where you will live like a king with $1500 per week with 10 people conveniently and still have more to save for the next week, so if you consider relocating you should consider coming to Nigeria. With continuous participation in a signature campaign that is well-paid, you will live well.
I have no doubt that In Nigeria we can indeed live comfortably even on the income from signature campaigns. because it seems that Nigeria has prices for necessities which are also quite cheap, almost the same as in my country, namely Indonesia.

but I also don't stop suggesting to everyone from developed countries to see how beautiful my country is Indonesia. with low prices as well. with the customs of the people who are also very friendly. and we have beaches in almost all areas. we have many tropical islands that number even thousands or more precisely based on 2020 data there are around 16,771 islands. (Edited : 17.508 island)

Sourch : idntimes.com

at $1500 per week I'm pretty sure that's enough to live happily in luxury.

but because Indonesia is quite large, I also won't cover up that there are several areas in Indonesia that have quite high prices, such as in Papua and Bali.

I have a hard time believing that you (Ahli38) are going along with that reframing of the scenario from bosede1 to suggest the pooling of 10 members for $1,500 per week .. or whatever was the restated scenario that causes it to be much less realistic without fleshing out the particulars...

I would rather strive to either stick to the original scenario of 5 guys or maybe even more realistically attempt to figure out on an individual basis what any of us might want to do or be able to do, even if we might think that we might be able to pool funds with other like-minded guys to get a higher income from that, or maybe it would be better to consider individual scenarios.. since any of us likely need to start from ourselves anyhow, even though I understand that we could have relations where we are supporting others or we might have relations in which some other people are contributing to the household income, but it still seems a bit more realistic to attempt to assume income from an individual level rather than complicating the ability to both enter into relations with others and also to be able to poole funds from others without too much drama and still being able to live well with those kinds of potential extra complications... and sure, there could be some advantages to have some extra like-minded guys in order to sometimes both poole financial resources, but sometimes having some abilities to have others helping out with some of the work.. if it were entered into as a kind partnership.. but the more guys the more difficult it might become to sustain without too much drama, too.
Activity: 784
Merit: 732
You are welcome to my country where you will live like a king with $1500 per week with 10 people conveniently and still have more to save for the next week, so if you consider relocating you should consider coming to Nigeria. With continuous participation in a signature campaign that is well-paid, you will live well.
I have no doubt that In Nigeria we can indeed live comfortably even on the income from signature campaigns. because it seems that Nigeria has prices for necessities which are also quite cheap, almost the same as in my country, namely Indonesia.

but I also don't stop suggesting to everyone from developed countries to see how beautiful my country is Indonesia. with low prices as well. with the customs of the people who are also very friendly. and we have beaches in almost all areas. we have many tropical islands that number even thousands or more precisely based on 2020 data there are around 16,771 islands. (Edited : 17.508 island)

Sourch : idntimes.com

at $1500 per week I'm pretty sure that's enough to live happily in luxury.

but because Indonesia is quite large, I also won't cover up that there are several areas in Indonesia that have quite high prices, such as in Papua and Bali.
legendary
I can live comfortably with 200$ per month in my country, with 400$ per month I can feed two people comfortably, but I am making less than 150$ per month with my job, I am participating in a signature campaign, hoping to make some good money out of it and invest the money in Bitcoin, I can hold till next green market, no problem.

I don't have any problem with what you are saying, and it sounds like a pretty decent plan to the extent that you are able to live comfortably and also invest into bitcoin over the medium to long term.

Though I personally get the sense that you are thinking too short-term, especially if you are considering ONLY being able to invest into bitcoin "until the next green market," so then I get the sense that you are thinking in terms of cashing out into fiat rather than potentially benefitting from more of a long-term plan, such as 4-10 years or longer or even 20-30 years, that would allow your investment into bitcoin to sustain over a longer period and also to potentially compound upon itself.

It's not easy, except maybe if you are suggesting that you are able to completely live off your regular fiat earnings with O.k. - or acceptable comfort, and something like $150 per month is enough for you, so then whatever that you are able to earn from various signature campaigns (presumably only one at a time), you would be able to hold that in bitcoin and to build your bitcoin investment based on whatever amounts that you are able to get from signature campaigns.

There also could be ways that you search for ways to increase your other income that you make beyond $150 per month in order to increase your investment into bitcoin, and sure these are personal choices, and sometimes there are not jobs that pay very much.. so sometimes there are not too many opportunities to figure out how to earn more.. but if you found another job that pays you $500 per month (as a supplement), then that could potentially get you $125 per week more into bitcoin, and thereby help you to build your investment portfolio, so if you were able to build your bitcoin holdings up to 1 or 2 bitcoin in less than 10 years, then you may well be able to do pretty well with that.. even though of course, there are no guarantees about how any of this will play out.. but still bitcoin does seem to be a possible way that anyone is able to potentially build his/her investment with the passage of time and be able to profit way beyond expectations that would have come ONLY through fiat earnings and other traditional investments...

Each of us has to make those kinds of choices regarding how much we believe that we can earn, how much we should invest and if there might be better ways to either increase our earnings or to choose how much we need to live and if some delayed gratification might help us to build our bitcoin holdings and whether it might be worth it for us to even have a 4-10 year investment timeline or maybe even a 20 year to 30 year investment timeline.... but even if we consider that we would be able to withdraw 4% per year out of any investment (including bitcoin), then we could generate a passive income formula from bitcoin that would be around $333 per month if we get our investment into bitcoin up to around $100k in value... and I am not sure if that would be enough to live off of, but it still could represent a decent passive income to be able to have targets of how much you need per month and how much you are able to comfortably generate as a passive income (or sustainable) withdrawal rate once you move from the accumulation stage to the Maintenance stage and then finally to the liquidation stage of your investment, so when you invest longer then in theory your principle should grow to larger amounts and be able to sustain larger amounts of value to be able to withdraw, and 4% per year has traditionally been considered a sustainable rate to be able to withdraw from investments and to largely be able to keep their value with the passage of time.. but you also need to make sure that you are measuring the value of your holdings in reasonable ways, too so that you are not withdrawing too much.. and that your investment is at least growing as much as (and probably greater than) your withdraw rate..
Activity: 714
Merit: 16
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
I can live comfortably with 200$ per month in my country, with 400$ per month I can feed two people comfortably, but I am making less than 150$ per month with my job, I am participating in a signature campaign, hoping to make some good money out of it and invest the money in Bitcoin, I can hold till next green market, no problem.
legendary
I live in a small town and the cost of living is about $ 300 per month, I work in a fruit plantation and get a salary of about $ 400, right now I also participate in several bounties, including a signature campaign, of course it is very difficult to be able to make a signature campaign to meet my needs.

Would any westerner want to live around the area where you are at.. and if they were not able to (or willing to work in the local economy) might they be able to live comfortably there in terms of having an internet connection, safety and some decent access to a variety of food and maybe girls from time to time (hahahaha)..

Personally, I am thinking (and maybe even getting a bit away from some of the framings of The Sceptical Chymist?) that there could be some ways in which a cashflow could be somewhat sustainable in the $500 to $1,500 per month arena that may or may not have some "working on the internet" components like having a signature campaign or maybe some other ways to generate money through internet type work.  and surely, there are quite a few bitcoiners who believe that passive income can end up coming by building up a bitcoin stash that might end up ONLY being a few bitcoin, or maybe even fewer bitcoin than that.. depending on how BTC prices might end up playing out in the coming years.. and one thing is already having a BTC stash and planning how to spread out the budgeting of it and another thing is to continue to build such bitcoin stash, whether while relocating to a lower cost area or maybe building while in the west (presumptively a higher income area), prior to relocating to a lower cost area.

.. and anyhow, we are in a bitcoin forum so bitcoin should be "on-topic" - almost no matter what the thread... at least some aspect of a bitcoin component - or how bitcoin accumulation and/or maintenance of a BTC stash might play into almost any life plan that we have and/or want to attempt to implement.

Maybe sometimes the place that is being described might seem to be somewhat in the "boonies" but if there is a city nearby, then you might have knowledge about the city and if the cost of living in the city (or in the suburbs of the city) are sufficiently affordable and a potential area in which a westerner might feel able to live comfortably.. even if it might cost closer to $1k per month rather than $300-$400 per month in a more remote location?

I will concede that sometimes westerners might speculate that they are able to live in a certain area, but then Westerners do tend to be spoiled in terms of wanting to have access to markets to be able to buy things.. such as a variety of foods and even having access to various modern conveniences that might relate to technology.. even if there might be some acknowledgement and willingness to give up some of those things.. and who wants to get robbed or killed (or be a target for such)?.. so that could be a bit of  a risk in living too far outside of the metropolitan areas in which the westerner/foreigner might start to stand out a bit much in some locations/countries.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 12
I live in a small town and the cost of living is about $ 300 per month, I work in a fruit plantation and get a salary of about $ 400, right now I also participate in several bounties, including a signature campaign, of course it is very difficult to be able to make a signature campaign to meet my needs.
legendary
Post, so full of optimism and bright future from sceptical chemist. I actually wonder, are you pharmacist who was in touch with chemistry and loved it but decided to change name as The Sceptical Chymist or does your first "The Pharmacist" username and then new "The Sceptical Chymist" username come from your favorite books?
Yeah, fuck all of that shit now, right?  As far as all the personal questions go, I'm just a loser who happens to be a member of bitcointalk--and a flat-broke one at that.  That's all you need to know about me and unfortunately it's the truth.  Ugh.
Out of curiosity, I want to know if your plans have changed or are you going to accelerate the process? If you were collecting bitcoins from your sig campaign, if you trade and manage to aim 2-5% monthly profit, then I think moving in a cheap country like Brazil will be a solid decision if one wants to get rid of real-life work in own country but definitely building an empire or luxury life won't be possible.
This thread is/was just a masturbation fantasy, and I think I probably stated as much in one of my previous posts.  I was never planning anything, just fantasizing about what could be, you know?  Where I live sucks.  And by 'sucks' I mean that to be all-inclusive; everything from the weather to the multitudinous assholery to the cost of living sucks genital sausage 24/7.  I'd love to get away from here, but at this point it looks like that ain't going to happen and it's got nothing to do with sig campaigns, either.

Aiming for 2-5% monthly profit?  That's possible I suppose, but I'll be damned if I could ever come up with a trading scheme (or any other method) to accomplish a return that high.  Perhaps if I had a finance-savvy housemate in the fantasy castle, I might be persuaded to dabble in something risky....but that just sounds way too risky.

BTW, I'd love to at least visit Brazil.  I hear both the women and the weather are beautiful.  I also hear crime is brutal, though.  Is that true?

Even though you consider the framework and/or the likelihood to carry out some kind of a plan like you had proposed as unrealistic or not feasible.. (humbug)... , we have seen plenty of on the grounds data to describe that you would be able to live off of something like $300 per month in several places in the world and to even be comfortable with that.  Yeah, of course you described a hypothetical in which you share costs with other guys in order to be able to achieve a household of $1,500 per month, and even though I don't have any problem with that.. I really doubt that it is necessary to share with other guys once it were to come time to execute such a hypothetical plan.. and sure different strokes for different folks regarding how they would want to live an if they believe that sharing costs help them to achieve some variation of their objectives, and yeah, maybe you need to increase your monthly amount to higher amounts (instead of $300 per month to increase it to more than $1k per month or maybe even having a goal of more than $1,500 (just for yourself would be more reasonable.. and it seems to be reachable for someone who lives in the west to save enough to have that kind of an ongoing income as compared with someone who already lives in a lower income area is going to have a lot more difficulties being able to set aside excess income or to establish discretionary income).

Many of us who had been born in a western country have had a lot of advantages as compared with a lot of guys in this forum who had come from way lesser income so they have way more difficulties setting aside great amounts of value because their salary (income opportunties) are not as great as they tend to be in the west, even if we consider ourselves to be living paycheck to paycheck in the west and even if in our earlier years while we are building up our investment portfolio nestegg we are going to have a lot of chances to do better if we can defer gratification by cutting costs and attempting to increase our income in order that we are able to save and invest, and surely something like bitcoin gives us a lot of potentiality to reach our goals to be able to secure and to transport our wealth when the time comes to start to deploy it... . such as in a relocation situation.  and prior to bitcoin we might not have had such potentialities to earn and save our money in the west and then spend in the lesser income places.

Even with your forum registration date (of early 2015 - and by the way, congratulations coming upon an 8-year anniversary in just a few days.. even if you might have not understood bitcoin sufficiently during that whole time.. hahahahaha... Wake the fuck up!!!!!), if you had been saving up bitcoin for the past 8 years with an investment of $10 per week, then you would have invested $4,180 and you would have accumulated a bit more than 3 BTC, which even if that might not be a great amount of BTC to have had accumulated, it is surely on the road to accumulating a lot of wealth into the future (even though not guaranteed - and surely nothing is guaranteed, especially if you cannot understand and appreciate the current value of it and even its future potential value that is evidenced in part by it's history and other aspects of it staring all of us in the face)... So yeah, maybe you can up your game to $100 per week since there is really no meaningful/significant evidence that bitcoin is a worse investment than it would have been in early 2015 - even though there is significant/meaningful evidence that bitcoin is both a likely better investment with a stronger investment thesis, and maybe, given the ways that prices are going up and supply chains are getting fucked an other ways that there are uncertainties in the world, then probably it would be best to be putting at least $100 per week (and more if you can) into bitcoin rather than the $10 that might have been the whimpy justification from 8 years ago.

Once your bitcoin is worth around $500k, then you likely would be able to perpetually get a passive income off of that value for around $1.7k per month, which is well enough to both live well in a lot of places around the world, likely has a decent amount of future proof and cushion contained therein.  Even if my December 2021 projection of fuck you status (using $2 million) was a wee bit too optimistic,** it still seems to be quite possible (from my perspective) that you likely do not need as many bitcoin as you might believe that you do) if you are able to move to a lower cost living area, and getting to a moderate fuck you status that is around $500k in value rather than $2million in value may well be reachable in a couple more bitcoin cycles (4 years-ish per cycle).   Yeah of course, anyone who had been investing $100 per week since early 2015 would feel a lot better compared to someone who might have had only been investing $10 per week.. and it seems kind of defeatist for anyone to actually know about bitcoin and not to be able to come up with some kind of an aggressive/assertive plan that does not overdo it... because some people end up getting reckt when they overdo it rather than figuring out and employing a sufficiently aggressive and assertive plan that does not devolve into gambling.. and there is a need to do something rather than to just expect to get saved by not doing anything.. and no one is going to save you but yourself, especially if you are able to set aside value in an aggressive manner and if you are only able to do $10 per week, then so be it, but if you are more fortunately able to do larger amounts such as $100 or even $250 per week then the aggressive/assertive will likely have good chances of paying off better (and no guarantees, for sure).

**I have been thinking that at some point I need to change the curve on my my BTC bottom price projections (especially regarding the 208-week moving average as the BTC bottom price) in that chart in order that the UPpity curve becomes quite a bit more gradual with the passage of time.. so likely I will get more inspired at some point in the future when I get time to do it and I come to believe that there is some need to update such chart.. and really any of us can still do some extrapolation of the chart in order to figure out how to lower the expectations a bit... but yeah, maybe it would be better if I plugged some new numbers and new formulas in there .. (a graduated curve rather than straight-line curve) ,... even though the fact of the matter remains that even the historically (and unprecedented) low BTC prices that had gotten around 35% below the 200-week moving average.. and largely still remain below the 200-week moving average have still not caused the 200-week moving average to start to curve down.  In other words, the 200-week moving average continues to slope upward, even if it is more flat than its historical levels, relatively speaking.. just barely going up in recent times.
Activity: 840
Merit: 756
Watch Bitcoin Documentary - https://t.ly/v0Nim
Post, so full of optimism and bright future from sceptical chemist. I actually wonder, are you pharmacist who was in touch with chemistry and loved it but decided to change name as The Sceptical Chymist or does your first "The Pharmacist" username and then new "The Sceptical Chymist" username come from your favorite books?
Yeah, fuck all of that shit now, right?  As far as all the personal questions go, I'm just a loser who happens to be a member of bitcointalk--and a flat-broke one at that.  That's all you need to know about me and unfortunately it's the truth.  Ugh.
I don't know who you are, nor I'll ever make a conclusion on someone so easily but if you think that you are a loser, it's your choice, just change, change your choice and become who you want to be. I believe in it, I believe that who we are is just our choice. You have to strengthen your mentality, conquer and control your brain. I have to do it too because I lack in some aspects.

Where I live sucks.  And by 'sucks' I mean that to be all-inclusive; everything from the weather to the multitudinous assholery to the cost of living sucks genital sausage 24/7.  I'd love to get away from here, but at this point it looks like that ain't going to happen and it's got nothing to do with sig campaigns, either.

Aiming for 2-5% monthly profit?  That's possible I suppose, but I'll be damned if I could ever come up with a trading scheme (or any other method) to accomplish a return that high.  Perhaps if I had a finance-savvy housemate in the fantasy castle, I might be persuaded to dabble in something risky....but that just sounds way too risky.

BTW, I'd love to at least visit Brazil.  I hear both the women and the weather are beautiful.  I also hear crime is brutal, though.  Is that true?
Where are you from? From rich western countries? Or from some poor countries that's oriented on tourists and because of that salaries are low but life is still expensive?
If one wants to leave country, the best opportunity is to either finish university in country where you want to settle or become a programmer and get a job visa or I think the cheapest possible way is to do Ausbildung in Germany.
I like brazilian girls but this is not the country where I would live, because of high crime, bad government and dangerous animals, even if I was a digital nomad with very high salary. I also wouldn't live in Australia despite the high living standard because of spiders, snakes and other animals.
Activity: 882
Merit: 215
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
That being said, there are definitely places in the world where one can live comfortably on earnings from signature campaigns or other Bitcoin related work. I think This will depend on factors such as the cost of living in the area, the individual's lifestyle and spending habits, and the overall value of Bitcoin at the time.

While it is possible to make large amounts of money through signature campaigns on Bitcoin forums, it is important to remember that the value of Bitcoins can be very volatile and can fluctuate. In addition, the cost of living and standard of living can vary greatly by location.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 6706
Proudly Cycling Merits for Foxpup
Yeah, fuck all of that shit now, right?  As far as all the personal questions go, I'm just a loser who happens to be a member of bitcointalk--and a flat-broke one at that.  That's all you need to know about me and unfortunately it's the truth.  Ugh.

Out of curiosity, I want to know if your plans have changed or are you going to accelerate the process? If you were collecting bitcoins from your sig campaign, if you trade and manage to aim 2-5% monthly profit, then I think moving in a cheap country like Brazil will be a solid decision if one wants to get rid of real-life work in own country but definitely building an empire or luxury life won't be possible.
This thread is/was just a masturbation fantasy, and I think I probably stated as much in one of my previous posts.  I was never planning anything, just fantasizing about what could be, you know?  Where I live sucks.  And by 'sucks' I mean that to be all-inclusive; everything from the weather to the multitudinous assholery to the cost of living sucks genital sausage 24/7.  I'd love to get away from here, but at this point it looks like that ain't going to happen and it's got nothing to do with sig campaigns, either.

Aiming for 2-5% monthly profit?  That's possible I suppose, but I'll be damned if I could ever come up with a trading scheme (or any other method) to accomplish a return that high.  Perhaps if I had a finance-savvy housemate in the fantasy castle, I might be persuaded to dabble in something risky....but that just sounds way too risky.

BTW, I'd love to at least visit Brazil.  I hear both the women and the weather are beautiful.  I also hear crime is brutal, though.  Is that true?
Activity: 728
Merit: 512

That tells me that there's something to it, because there's no way father, sons, mom, and whatever grandparents are still alive would be bounty hunting if it weren't at least a little bit lucrative.  So I'd love to know how far campaign earnings ($1500 per week for 5 people in my example) could be stretched.  Are there actually places out there where one could not only survive but thrive by earning bitcoin on the forum?

Different folks for different strokes in same way different countries different economies. A family earning $1500 per week in some European cities like the New York may not be able to live and afford a near opulence lifestyle due to the demands of such city life but for a family from developing countries like those of Africa such amount of money from bounty campaign per week is enough to give them a luxurious standard of living, cause when you convert $1500 to the local currency it runs into a million plus in amount. In places like this you don't just survive but live a decent life, can afford for the good things of life there, but not as a king but definitely you won't be struggling with finances issues.
Activity: 840
Merit: 756
Watch Bitcoin Documentary - https://t.ly/v0Nim
Let's say a few of the Chipmixer crowd wanted to escape whatever tyranny they were living under in their country or countries (I picked that campaign because I think it's the highest-paying one, but correct me if I'm wrong).  We'll assume for the sake of argument that the campaign is going to continue indefinitely and that each member (let's say five in total) make the maximum number of posts per week, earning $300 worth of bitcoin in the process.  Let's further assume that these Chipmixer snobs demand only the best--Havana cigars, a large dwelling with a decent amount of land and no neighbors, a wine cellar (to be filled), and all the illicit and legal substances their cadre of well-endowed women can procure.  And a lawyer on retainer.

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Whatever the reason, I'm grateful for what I've made so far from the signature campaign even though only $30 is enough for the next 1 weeks. In fact, the style and needs of life in different countries. Where I live, I'm still grateful that $50 per week is amazing. If I may be grateful, then of course my current forum creators and campaign managers are people who have contributed greatly to me and my little family.
legendary
OK bitches.  Given that the world economy is swirling round and round in a shitstained crapper, I want some concrete plans from people who want to build the castle in whatever country is the most paradise-like.

In his thread, uneng discussed the ridiculously low cost of living in Brazil, and frankly I got aroused.  I bet there's a lot of land on which to build the signature campaign/party-harder-than-FTX headquarters.  But give me suggestions and whatever else to boost my mood.

Pleeeease....!
legendary
ctto:
Thank you.  And with that, I think this thread has played itself out and I'm now going to lock it up for good and for all.

Thanks to everyone who contributed--I'm glad you all did, and I'm glad I got to distribute a bunch of merits.  And take note: the posts I merited are the type I usually look for as a merit source.  Aside from that, I got a good lesson in global geography and a little bit of economics as well.  Prop to you all!
Activity: 1750
Merit: 373
<------
Somebody please insert that Nicholas Cage "You don't say" meme in here for me, will ya?

ctto:

source:https://i.imgur.com/eyvgl1S.jpeg
legendary
I also hope that each signature campaign can run longer because this can also provide financial support to those who are participants.

But there's no need to worry if this campaign has to end because I think in the future there will be a new campaign in the forum or a slot from the old campaign as long as we make a good contribution to the forum then there is a possibility that the manager can choose us again as a participant.
Nothing's ever guaranteed, not in life, not on the forum, and especially not when it comes to signature campaigns.  There have been ones that were supposed to run for months that lasted a week and lousy ones (like Yobit) that you wouldn't think would survive a week but that ended up running for years.  I'm under no delusions that sig campaign earnings are a viable way to sustain oneself, but it is interesting to think about, isn't it?

Depends on the current cost of living and how much one is earning via signature campaigns.
Somebody please insert that Nicholas Cage "You don't say" meme in here for me, will ya?
Activity: 2338
Merit: 585
Depends on the current cost of living and how much one is earning via signature campaigns.  Another creative way to reign in cost of living cost so signature campaign earnings could go further would be to live off the grid- much, much more easier said than done.
Pages:
Jump to: