Pages:
Author

Topic: Is there any place to gamble IF the Mayweather vs McGregor fight will happen? - page 10. (Read 6759 times)

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
Now I am confused I just heard from my friend it is now more likely that a fight vs Manny Pacquiao will happen. According to him the source of the news is from Top Rank Boxing. Maybe Floyd is threatened because the Pacman is willing to fight him as soon as possible?

Pacman vs McGregor? Nah.. it won't happen.
Simple reason: Dana White (UFC) doesn't like Bob Arum (TR).
I don't know where the hate for Bob Arum comes from,
But I heard interviews from Dana White saying that he don't want to do business with the Old Man.
Maybe if Bob Arum is gone or retired as TR boss, then in the future we will see them both whether the Octagon or Boxing ring.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440
Now I am confused I just heard from my friend it is now more likely that a fight vs Manny Pacquiao will happen. According to him the source of the news is from Top Rank Boxing. Maybe Floyd is threatened because the Pacman is willing to fight him as soon as possible?
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
New movements in the Mayweather camp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buR4rCjqmxQ

""There's only one fight that I want...if I came back to entertain the fans, there's only one entertaining bout...Mayweather vs. McGregor...that's the only fight that I want...keep our fingers crossed and see where we can go from here," stated retired undefeated former pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather, who spoke more about Conor McGregor's recent declaration that he's putting his UFC career on hold to focus on a boxing match with him."

Looks clear to me. Both fighters know the big numbers are on this fight. I think it's happening.
Activity: 910
Merit: 500

So you want to talk about the casuals as if they do not anything about boxing. But I ask you, was the fight organized only for the boxing experts and hardcore fans? Of course not or else it will not make any money. That is why they hyped it in the first place. It is more of a business and less of a sport these days. Gone are the days of the true great fighters like Hagler, Hearn, Leonard and Duran. Those fighters never disappointed amid the hype. Watching Anderson Silva in the octagon doing nothing is more entertaining than the Pacquaio versus Mayweather fight.

Accept it. It was one of the most boring fights in the history of boxing.

Haha although it's funny but you are true. I would rather watch anderson doing nothing but still entertain myself than watching that boring fight + mayweather won like what? haha are they serious?

But still the interest shows up when mcgregor wanted to fight a whore in boxing then after that if ever that mayweather would still won i would accept but he have to also get an MMA licensed and fight mcgregor inside the octagon haha.

I can see how the fight will happen right now between Conor and Floyd. Conor will go after his opponent around the ring and Floyd will counter. He can hit Conor and guess what? No knock out power from Floyd. If Conor can get one lucky straight to the chin that would knock floyd out. But we all know Floyd does not want to get it. He is there for the money.

Mayweather has been punched hard in the past and has resisted all of the big hits. People forgets he has a strong chin because he barely gets hit. Go watch more fights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ofeqQ_ljCk

As you can see here, he has taken big shots, still managed to come back and win.

It is quite funny on how you predict the certain game. Tho mayweather loves to run i could really say that he can absorbed some hard punches because after all he has pretty much solid face( you can see it anyways) Grin Grin

Sorry but Mayweather will kick Conor McGregor's ass. He will outboxing him and make him look like an amateur, it's just how it is. Also people are judging McGregor's power with UFC gloves. With boxing gloves he would be a soft puncher, using bloxing gloves is a different game.
Haha really? How could mayweather kicks someones ass if its boxing lol. Anyways what he knows was to run and hug and i guess those are pretty much acceptable than him kicking gregors ass lol. You would never know unless they fought right?
Activity: 966
Merit: 260
I can't believe people still think this thing is going to happen...

Connor is under a UFC contract, and Mayweather isn't going to fight unless it's under his promotional terms, which Dana White could never hope to match. That should be the end of the story right there.

Yeah you're right. And i don't think either one of these guys would agree to fight in pure boxing or mma. Both have heavy advantage in their respective sport and i don't think neither would want to plays the other's game. So this is a fantasy match up that we most likely would only see in video games

At present the possibility of these 2 fighting is very very slim. But Floyd and Conor are both hustlers. They are all in it to create an opportunity for them to make big money in the future. This fight could happen when both Floyd and Conor think it is time. The timing has to be right and of course the amount written in the pay check should also be right.

I think at present that's more so true for Floyd than Conor. Mayweather would do anything for the right price, but the problem with McGregor is that he's the face of UFC right now. If he goes out to box and gets crushed by one of today's most hated athletes, it definitely won't look good for the organization
Activity: 896

Connor is under a UFC contract, and Mayweather isn't going to fight unless it's under his promotional terms, which Dana White could never hope to match. That should be the end of the story right there.

Yeah you're right. And i don't think either one of these guys would agree to fight in pure boxing or mma. Both have heavy advantage in their respective sport and i don't think neither would want to plays the other's game. So this is a fantasy match up that we most likely would only see in video games

At present the possibility of these 2 fighting is very very slim. But Floyd and Conor are both hustlers. They are all in it to create an opportunity for them to make big money in the future. This fight could happen when both Floyd and Conor think it is time. The timing has to be right and of course the amount written in the pay check should also be right.
I think this will not gonna happened beside this will requires a huge payment, they have different sports type and i think the transition from UFC to WBO is a very fool decision because boxing is not for hot tempered person just like players of UFC. I admit that conor has a incredible physical strengt but it will not work on mayweather genius strategy on boxing, he will just be toyed on the ring when they fight. there is a lot of strong boxer that mayweather fought and no one defeat him. i think conor will not change anything, he is just a typical strong guy when he is inside the boxing ring
legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

Activity: 966
Merit: 260

legendary
Mayweather versus Pacquiao was a disgrace and a big disappointment. All the teasing and all the hype came to what? Nothing but 2 fighters not really trying to win the fight. They did not deserve the money given to them. That fight was one of the reasons why fans have lost their faith on boxing as a sport. It is all about the money over there and the spirit of the sport is gone.

Boxing's loss is MMA's gain.
I saw it in facebook, if mayweather will refuse the on the fight, Manny Pacquiao is willing to fight  McGregor, I think this would be a great fight than Mayweather. They are both aggressive and we will surely get what our money's worth. What is your take on this guys?

I would go for Pacman, he likes to shut down a shit talking opponent. (Exemption was on Mayweather because he runs like a chicken) Grin

That fight I would unquestionably pay for to see. Conor versus Floyd will be boring but Conor versus Manny Pacquaio? That will be action packed and I do not think the Irishman will be able to move because Manny is faster and stronger.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

So you want to talk about the casuals as if they do not anything about boxing. But I ask you, was the fight organized only for the boxing experts and hardcore fans? Of course not or else it will not make any money. That is why they hyped it in the first place. It is more of a business and less of a sport these days. Gone are the days of the true great fighters like Hagler, Hearn, Leonard and Duran. Those fighters never disappointed amid the hype. Watching Anderson Silva in the octagon doing nothing is more entertaining than the Pacquaio versus Mayweather fight.

Haha although it's funny but you are true. I would rather watch anderson doing nothing but still entertain myself than watching that boring fight + mayweather won like what? haha are they serious?

But still the interest shows up when mcgregor wanted to fight a whore in boxing then after that if ever that mayweather would still won i would accept but he have to also get an MMA licensed and fight mcgregor inside the octagon haha.

I can see how the fight will happen right now between Conor and Floyd. Conor will go after his opponent around the ring and Floyd will counter. He can hit Conor and guess what? No knock out power from Floyd. If Conor can get one lucky straight to the chin that would knock floyd out. But we all know Floyd does not want to get it. He is there for the money.

Mayweather has been punched hard in the past and has resisted all of the big hits. People forgets he has a strong chin because he barely gets hit. Go watch more fights.

As you can see here, he has taken big shots, still managed to come back and win.

It is quite funny on how you predict the certain game. Tho mayweather loves to run i could really say that he can absorbed some hard punches because after all he has pretty much solid face( you can see it anyways) Grin Grin

Sorry but Mayweather will kick Conor McGregor's ass. He will outboxing him and make him look like an amateur, it's just how it is. Also people are judging McGregor's power with UFC gloves. With boxing gloves he would be a soft puncher, using bloxing gloves is a different game.

Well i don't really consider mayweather's style as kick ass at all. Running around and hugging opponents are a good technique to outpoint anyone and i agree that being a technical fighter, floyd has mastered these to perfection. I agree also that if the fight ever happens and if it would be pure boxing, we'd all see a very boring same fight as with most mayweather fights are, even with someone as explosive as connor. I just don't think anyone can counter mayweather's technicality when it comes to boxing

Floyd Mayweather when he was "Prettyboy Floyd" and not "Money Mayweather" he was a knockout artist. He had 90% knockout ratios during his first 20 fights.

He was a complete fighter. Then has he got older he lost his knockout power and won on defensive skills only.

In any case, go watch more of his recent fights. The Canelo fight was a masterclass in boxing, and this is what will happen to Conor McGregor. Canelo was a top ranked boxer, imagine what will happen with an amateur like Conor. Canelo got his ass whooped, McGregor can get hurt. You don't need Tyson's knocking power to cause damage. Repeated hitting will fuck you up.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 674
Mayweather versus Pacquiao was a disgrace and a big disappointment. All the teasing and all the hype came to what? Nothing but 2 fighters not really trying to win the fight. They did not deserve the money given to them. That fight was one of the reasons why fans have lost their faith on boxing as a sport. It is all about the money over there and the spirit of the sport is gone.

I saw it in facebook, if mayweather will refuse the on the fight, Manny Pacquiao is willing to fight  McGregor, I think this would be a great fight than Mayweather. They are both aggressive and we will surely get what our money's worth. What is your take on this guys?

I would go for Pacman, he likes to shut down a shit talking opponent. (Exemption was on Mayweather because he runs like a chicken) Grin
Activity: 924
Merit: 502
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

Well i don't really consider mayweather's style as kick ass at all. Running around and hugging opponents are a good technique to outpoint anyone and i agree that being a technical fighter, floyd has mastered these to perfection. I agree also that if the fight ever happens and if it would be pure boxing, we'd all see a very boring same fight as with most mayweather fights are, even with someone as explosive as connor. I just don't think anyone can counter mayweather's technicality when it comes to boxing
legendary
@thejaytiesto. Just like how Floyd beat Manny Pacquaio? Was his win convincing enough for you? The casual fans were smart to boo that fight. The felt cheated out of their hard earned money. Now that you have mentioned it, this fight will be a win-win for Conor. If he wins he will make Floyd look like a wimp of he loses he will make Floyd look like a bigger wimp.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

Activity: 910

legendary

legendary

I can see how the fight will happen right now between Conor and Floyd. Conor will go after his opponent around the ring and Floyd will counter. He can hit Conor and guess what? No knock out power from Floyd. If Conor can get one lucky straight to the chin that would knock Floyd out. But we all know Floyd does not want to get hit. He is there for the money.
legendary

Well it was ok if you like the details in boxing, of course it was a boring fight for all the casuals that bought on the hype. It was all over the place, so a ton of casuals expected something that the fight was never going to offer anyway. Both fighters are past their prime, and Mayweather is too good at defense so Manny wouldn't be able to blast a ton of punches.

Overall Mayweather won, Manny missed too much. He got a couple great punches, but other than that it was never a real menace.

But what you have to understand is, they are not entertainers, they are athletes, they are competing... some fighters care about putting a good show, but others don't, they don't care as long as they win, and mayweather is one of those guys. Mayweather was action packed when he was younger, but as age creeped in, he started winning at all costs not putting any risks.
Pages:
Jump to: