Pages:
Author

Topic: Is there any place to gamble IF the Mayweather vs McGregor fight will happen? - page 7. (Read 6760 times)

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
@Harry Callahan. First of all this is what I really think, this fight is not a real fight. This is an event to hustle money out of the fans of boxing and MMA. Both fighters will have no real motivation to knock each other out. Their motivation is money. This will be a boring fight.

It may look like that from the outside because its 2 different sports collapsing and when that happens it's always a freak show or some ridiculous, but make no mistake, those are two of the most competitive men on the planet, they hate losing, the hits are real and hurt, this is not a game, they will fight. Once you are on the ring, everything else is doesn't matter but winning.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
@Harry Callahan. First of all this is what I really think, this fight is not a real fight. This is an event to hustle money out of the fans of boxing and MMA. Both fighters will have no real motivation to knock each other out. Their motivation is money. This will be a boring fight.
Well any fight that includes mayweather would be boring as hell especially if you're an mma fan. But i agree. Most likely if this fight is going to happen, it would be just about making money for the people behind it. It might just even be staged i don't know. And that may just as well be a bad idea for connor's image if he would agree to this fight
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
So if the Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather fight ends up the same where Conor cannot break the barrier of Floyd and then have 12 rounds of nothing then this will be another overhyped and boring fight, right. The people will say it is Conor's fault because he cannot hit Floyd.

That was the whole point. I do not care who's fault it is.
If this match really takes place single punch could end this match,people have to understand that Mayweather is 40 years old and he is not that active and did not have a fight in a very long time so i really doubt whether his reflex will be the same when he returns and everyone knows Conor has knockout power and he is bigger than Mayweather.
Activity: 910
Merit: 500
So if the Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather fight ends up the same where Conor cannot break the barrier of Floyd and then have 12 rounds of nothing then this will be another overhyped and boring fight, right. The people will say it is Conor's fault because he cannot hit Floyd.

Haha me as well. The point is it would be a very boring fight indeed. Yet i also still dont care i still want to get the chance if conors fight outside the octagon.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
For me, watching Floyd Mayweather box is never boring, maybe is because I do some boxing myself and know the details of the sport. What he does is extremely difficult... but yes, I can understand that casual fans only want to see huge guys with massive KO power like Mike Tyson and George Foreman.

It is still a very interesting fight to see because of its oddity of 2 mixed sports for the casuals so we will see. I just hope it happens so I can make easy money again thanks to Floyd since he should win.

I am far from a casual fan and I never said that all Floyd Mayweather's fights were boring. What my point is I know this fight will be over hyped just like the Floyd versus Pacquaio fight and it will not deliver the goods. Pacman versus Floyd was one of the most boring fights in history, and it was so boring that the pundits started declaring that boxing is dead.

Well, Pacquiao vs Floyd didn't deliver because of Pacquiao's fault. He was the aggressor, he should have breaken the Mayweather barrier, but he couldn't, so Floyd made him look bad. Pacquiao got some good hits here and there but that's that.

But let's not forget Pacquiao is old. McGregor is in his prime physically, I think he can be an aggressor for a long time, we will see what happens, but it will probably disappoint compared to the amount of money such a fight will raise.
legendary
For me, watching Floyd Mayweather box is never boring, maybe is because I do some boxing myself and know the details of the sport. What he does is extremely difficult... but yes, I can understand that casual fans only want to see huge guys with massive KO power like Mike Tyson and George Foreman.

It is still a very interesting fight to see because of its oddity of 2 mixed sports for the casuals so we will see. I just hope it happens so I can make easy money again thanks to Floyd since he should win.

I am far from a casual fan and I never said that all Floyd Mayweather's fights were boring. What my point is I know this fight will be over hyped just like the Floyd versus Pacquaio fight and it will not deliver the goods. Pacman versus Floyd was one of the most boring fights in history, and it was so boring that the pundits started declaring that boxing is dead.
legendary
@pereira4. That brings me back to what I have been saying in this thread. This fight will be so boring just like the Pacquiao versus Mayweather fight. Floyd hates losing and is doing this for the money. He is a hustler. So we will see him avoid getting hit all night in all rounds while Conor ineffectively chases him around.

The winner will be Floyd because of points of course.

It all comes down to a potential KO.
Im sure that if the fight goes into 12 rounds, and Floyd does his usual defensive routine until the end, but then Conor suddenly lucks out with a great punch that KO's Floyd in the 12 round, nobody will say it was boring... but if there is no final KO, people will say it was boring.

Non hardcore boxing fans only care about KO indeed.

That will be an awesome ending there. Seconds to go, then Connor hit Mayweather with a left. Mayweather is down, fans at their feet!!! However, I believe this will not happen as Mayweather is too intelligent to let this kind of scenario happen. So the boxing fans will gonna call this boring, robbed of their money, not good as hype etc...

Indeed, it would be shocking, Conor would become a legend, and Mayweather's legacy would be hindered, even if realistically he would still be a boxing legend, that would look really ugly for his legacy. 50-0 is a perfect record, retiring 49-1 would suck.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
@pereira4. That brings me back to what I have been saying in this thread. This fight will be so boring just like the Pacquiao versus Mayweather fight. Floyd hates losing and is doing this for the money. He is a hustler. So we will see him avoid getting hit all night in all rounds while Conor ineffectively chases him around.

Im sure that if the fight goes into 12 rounds, and Floyd does his usual defensive routine until the end, but then Conor suddenly lucks out with a great punch that KO's Floyd in the 12 round, nobody will say it was boring... but if there is no final KO, people will say it was boring.

That will be an awesome ending there. Seconds to go, then Connor hit Mayweather with a left. Mayweather is down, fans at their feet!!! However, I believe this will not happen as Mayweather is too intelligent to let this kind of scenario happen. So the boxing fans will gonna call this boring, robbed of their money, not good as hype etc...
legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

No doubt. Floyd will win this win. He will be too defensive for as Connor will be having a hard time hitting him. But casual fans or not I think we still love to see 2 fighters slugging it out and not to tactical or defensive game. But yes, this is easy money to bet to and I don't think the odds will be in Connor. So Floyd will be the betting favorite here if even they face each other on the ring.
legendary

legendary

legendary
I read an article that mentioned Freddie Roach thinks the fight between Conor and Floyd could happen. He also said that he is willing to train Conor if the Irishman wants to. With a top boxing coach interested in training Conor now I am intrigued. Maybe it could really happen.
We all know the possibilities of that happening.The sad part is,the fights will be booked,players will paid to lose.The loser would be offered more money.This is how the scene works,everyone wants their pockets to be full.That fight won't determine who the actual winner is.If you have watched Southpaw you may know how these things go around.

Are you saying Mayweather doesn't care if he losses and he is only for the money?
Same goes for McGregor...

Competitive guys that reach big things take too much pride on their craft. Sure they want to get paid, but they HATE lossing, which means they will not fuck around and they will try their best to win, there is no doubt about that in my mind. No amount of money can bribe these 2 super competitive guys. Maybe some guy that wasn't undefeated and near retirement and didn't care, but that's not the case for both fighters. It will be a real and competitive fight.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115
Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!
I read an article that mentioned Freddie Roach thinks the fight between Conor and Floyd could happen. He also said that he is willing to train Conor if the Irishman wants to. With a top boxing coach interested in training Conor now I am intrigued. Maybe it could really happen.
We all know the possibilities of that happening.The sad part is,the fights will be booked,players will paid to lose.The loser would be offered more money.This is how the scene works,everyone wants their pockets to be full.That fight won't determine who the actual winner is.If you have watched Southpaw you may know how these things go around.
legendary

It's obvious that the fight will happen now, so we are going to be seeing a lot of this back and forth.. it's called marketing. They will announce the final deal probably this year during Xmas, and the fight will happen in 2018, probably first quarter, second quarter latest... and it will be a success, highest selling fight ever easily, it's the ultimate business for everyone involved.
legendary
legendary
New videos on this subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iibTRaLBQE

I think it will happen eventually, they are just pumping the fight with videos and instagram posta and all that shit to get as much people interested a possible. It's like they are pumping an altcoin with hype, then when the hype is at all time highs they will dump the altcoin for bitcoin. Classic move Cheesy
Activity: 1820
Merit: 537
The excitement is indeed in seeing Mayweather gamble with his entire legacy... Pacquiao is not undefeated, so if he loses it would be as shocking.

Chances are both Mayweather and Pacquiao will kick Conor's ass, Mayweather can still be aggressive if he bothers, look at the Canelo fight.

That will be used to hype the fight, which will assuredly be over hyped. They will say Floyd is gambling with his legacy and a little of this and a little of that but truly the fight will be one of the most boring fights in the history of boxing. What kind of legacy is that? We have seen that happen in the fight versus Manny Pacquaio. The crowd felt cheated.
Yeah i agree , there's no new things in Mayweather fights . Its like we are not interested anymore , i feel like i know what will going to happen inside the ring .His gambling with his legacy is not truly unbelievable as we see and it will only disappoint the mood of most of the watchers .
Pages:
Jump to: