Pages:
Author

Topic: Is this statiscally possible in a lottery? - page 6. (Read 621 times)

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1565
The first decentralized crypto betting platform
October 01, 2022, 11:00:56 PM
I can't say whether this lottery or at least this particular draw is rigged or not although there have already been many talks about it. But I guess the pattern of the winning numbers is simply a coincidence. If this is indeed rigged, those who chose the winning combination should have picked random numbers. Picking a winning combination such as this would only ignite suspicion. If players doubt, they might not play anymore. That means a loss in revenue.

Of course it's statistically possible. It has the same probability as any other 6 numbers.

Even if you see the result "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6", that would still be fine. It has the same chances as any other random result.

With the number of lotteries in the world and nowadays with online lotteries, it is normal that from time to time some striking results appear, and those who wonder if the game is rigged because they see results like that, I think they don't know much about mathematics.

In fact, people who know a lot about mathematics don't tend to play the lottery very much, if at all.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1214
October 01, 2022, 10:43:10 PM
Yesterday, many people were surprised on the result of our lottery. The number that came out were are all divisible by nine. There are many speculations now that the lottery is rigged and the result was already fixed. It's just hard to believe that since they always do live draw to show transparency about the result. What do you think? Is this really possible in lottery?

Image Source:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0xogg6pv17aDJe94MQCYAaNiUdDpxnQFczyrY4Gaaf91BMhmarBtnx8p8iXWMZd4sl&id=100069066345193 (I just cropped the image to focus on the 6/55 draw)

Yes, I'm aware of that since I'm also betting in a lottery and that was in our country, I did not doubt the result, although I have not seen the live broadcast with so many people betting and how cheap the tickets are, we all know that this is the number one gambling events of the Filipinos whenever the stakes are very high, the lottery is already exist for many years already I don't think they will allow rigging, its the government cash cow and its good if we have many winners, not just one, I think this is the first time it happens but I will not rule out that it will not happen in the future.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 960
October 01, 2022, 10:14:33 PM
Yesterday, many people were surprised on the result of our lottery. The number that came out were are all divisible by nine. There are many speculations now that the lottery is rigged and the result was already fixed. It's just hard to believe that since they always do live draw to show transparency about the result. What do you think? Is this really possible in lottery?

Image Source:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0xogg6pv17aDJe94MQCYAaNiUdDpxnQFczyrY4Gaaf91BMhmarBtnx8p8iXWMZd4sl&id=100069066345193 (I just cropped the image to focus on the 6/55 draw)

Of course it's statistically possible. It has the same probability as any other 6 numbers.

Even if you see the result "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6", that would still be fine. It has the same chances as any other random result.

The thing is that in some people's mind they put together all the "nice" results like the one you posted and the one I shared against any "random" result, like "23, 11, 46, 1, 5, 31", but they all have the same probability to appear.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
October 01, 2022, 09:40:52 PM
I can't say whether this lottery or at least this particular draw is rigged or not although there have already been many talks about it. But I guess the pattern of the winning numbers is simply a coincidence. If this is indeed rigged, those who chose the winning combination should have picked random numbers. Picking a winning combination such as this would only ignite suspicion. If players doubt, they might not play anymore. That means a loss in revenue.

Another surprising thing about this is that there are 433 winners of the jackpot. Normally, there's only 1 or 2 of them. Sometimes none at all.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
October 01, 2022, 09:14:02 PM
I'm not a statistic guy, but I will say that it is possible what not sure what are the odds are.

Also, isn't it this kind of lottery results are being shown in the public as it has been draw with the representative of DTI? (I will assumed this is Philippines as it shows PHP). So they have to collude with the government and win this numbers?

As Tesla believed though, the numbers 3/6/9 is the "secret of the universe".
Activity: 2352
Merit: 594
October 01, 2022, 07:59:14 PM

Image Source:
Pages:
Jump to: