Pages:
Author

Topic: Is USD being used for illegal activities? - page 3. (Read 20141 times)

Activity: 186
Merit: 10
December 30, 2017, 07:15:18 PM
Money is a tool, and any tool can be used in a good or a bad way. Of course it's used to financig terrorist, to trade drugs and so on, but... anything of value (and of course any currency) can be used to this purpose.
Activity: 756
Merit: 252
December 30, 2017, 05:14:40 PM
Any currency can be used for illegal activities. Why the dollar is the most popular currency for these purposes?
because dollar is the most common currency in the world.
In general, bitcoin has more prospects for use in this area, because of anonymity
Exactly, that is why we should not get surprised if in the future becomes the number one currency of the world then bitcoin is going to be used not only by good people but by bad people as well and to be honest there is nothing we are going to be able to do about it.
I do agree but i don't think that the government will approve that bitcoin should be the number one currency. They will just agree to the idea of bitcoin can be alternative currency in terms of global transaction. If bitcoin replaces fiat then the governmen cannog manipulate the money cycling over their economy. In other words, they will loose power over their nation.

But at the end it is not their choice, if people decide to use bitcoin and bitcoin spread all over the world and begins to be used in that way governments are not going to have any other choice but to accept that reality no matter how much they dislike it.
Activity: 547
Merit: 253
December 22, 2017, 05:27:02 PM
USD is the international currency which can be used for many purposes if the people of the Europe and other countries want to do some illegal activities then they will use the USD for this purpose it is not the fault of the currency it is the fault of the people. the currency can be used for good things and bad things as well it is up to you that do the good things for you and your family.

Well, I think that USD is the international money but if you are entering to other country, Like Philippines, You must changed all of your money into their money with their currency. Well, I'm not agree that USD has been always used in illegal activities because I believe that ALL CURRENCIES with value can be used in illegal transactions and activities even Cryptoccurencies like Bitcoin they are using.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
December 22, 2017, 03:44:32 PM
This is terrible, I saw some of this on the news. Ban USD and Euro right away. I think when we are at it I hear some people use phones and internet for illegal purposes too, and cars. When will it end?

I like your sarcasm, but don't subevaluate governamental bureaucrats' stupidity: some roumanian friends said to me that in communist era, to fight "enemis of revolution" propaganda, it was forbidden for the public to posses a typewriter....
It’s not from today from a long time UAD is using in crime which is very bad for world USD is using for some terror activities around the world and also its using in human trafficking so it must be stop because it’s going to take world on dangerous side there are also some currencies which are using locally but USD is on the top and the reason behind this is that USD is an international currency so that’s why its use is high than any other currency.
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
December 22, 2017, 03:56:32 AM
At present time every thing can be used for illegal activities.If we talk about the USD its the most valuable currency in the world and is accepted worldwide.It can be used by anyone in the world and hence can be used for illegal activities easily.Best examples are the terrorists who use it for illegal works all around the world
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
December 22, 2017, 03:42:59 AM
I think so, USD or whatever monetary that has it's value can be used in any  illegal activities. Even bitcoin and other currency that can be easily transfer can be used to do their hidden agenda.
It's not the question of USD, all other types of currencies also being used for illegal activities. Drug maffia, human trafficking, prostitutions are the results of illegal use of USD. Cash is used for such illegal activities because that does not give any clue to the government that's how money is used for illegal activities.

Anything is being used by evil people. As long as they can take advatage of something they will do it. Dollar, bitcoin, gold, these are things that is obviously being used probably on a consistent basis
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
December 22, 2017, 02:09:36 AM
All fiat currencies are used in illegal activities. USD is the world currency. USD is easily accepted almost in every part of the world, it get exchanged with any currency of the world. It is the most powerful currency ever. Almost all illegal international trades and transactions USD is widely used. This is happening since decades. Drug trafficking, human trafficking, money laundering and funds to terrorist activities are also pain in USD. Due to unique features of bitcoin, illegal traders are using bitcoin currency in their businesses.
Activity: 406
December 22, 2017, 01:33:43 AM
I think so, USD or whatever monetary that has it's value can be used in any  illegal activities. Even bitcoin and other currency that can be easily transfer can be used to do their hidden agenda.
It's not the question of USD, all other types of currencies also being used for illegal activities. Drug maffia, human trafficking, prostitutions are the results of illegal use of USD. Cash is used for such illegal activities because that does not give any clue to the government that's how money is used for illegal activities.
Activity: 248
WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM
December 22, 2017, 12:28:39 AM
I see more and more articles of the USD being used for illegal activities, such as funding of terrorists and unconstitutional, illegal wars, funding of wars that cause severe infringement of civil liberties like the war on drugs, among other things. I am pretty sure that when goons smash into convenience stores and steal stuff, then the money they probably steal is USD, which makes it criminal currency. Also, I am pretty sure that the baseball bats that majority of the goons have bought were paid for by the USD.

Also, most people collect rain water, drink raw milk, and throw cannabis seeds in soil, all three acts which are considered serious illegal felonies punishable by seriously expensive fines and extensive jail time, possibly life in prison.

Some people also walk, drive, fish, or hunt without a permit that can easily be bought for in USD.

Will this hurt USD in the long run? Will governments ban this just like they started to do with paying in cash for some services to harden the use of illegal activities, and money laundering?
Actually all of the currency around the world can be used in illegal actions like buying and selling drugs online or in real world without noticing the government yet it can be revealed. But in bitcoins you can't leave any trace with your transactions with drugs because it is all hidden.
Activity: 364
December 22, 2017, 12:17:22 AM
USD is the international currency which can be used for many purposes if the people of the Europe and other countries want to do some illegal activities then they will use the USD for this purpose it is not the fault of the currency it is the fault of the people. the currency can be used for good things and bad things as well it is up to you that do the good things for you and your family.
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
December 21, 2017, 11:21:00 PM
Most of transactoin using USD is not recorded, althpugh the transaction is more difficult than bitcoin, but the crimminals will safe after the transaction is done. Its different with bitcoin the crimminals is not safe only because the transaction is completed. the law enforcement still can trace it.
Activity: 420
Global Blockchain Solution For Transportation
December 21, 2017, 11:17:30 PM
Activity: 322
Merit: 103
December 21, 2017, 10:39:15 PM
yes if you would only knew the dealings they are doing in the black market and how they fund such campaigns and wars its being done under fiat why? because that whats people want they want money to fund their interest and get what they want its the harsh truth even in drug dealings and such syndicate who runs the city money is the key player that's why everybody wants it if you have money power is easy to have and people will come to you to get it
Activity: 308
December 21, 2017, 07:32:05 PM
All of the kinds of money are already used in illegal activities and in fact, the illegal activities are mostly happening inside the government because of the corrupt people who are hungry for money and they are just keep on stealing the money of the people and covering themselves in lies
Activity: 1232
Merit: 186
December 21, 2017, 07:29:53 PM
Yes! It is but USD was not the only currency used in illegal operations, any currency coming from different countries could also be involved on such things as long as it is authentic and it has a value.

Actually, USD is not liable for this bad happenings because it's just a money, the one who should blame and punish are the one behind these. So for now, I think all we can do is to trust the authorithies in eradicating them.
Activity: 350
Merit: 12
December 21, 2017, 07:12:54 PM
This is terrible, I saw some of this on the news. Ban USD and Euro right away. I think when we are at it I hear some people use phones and internet for illegal purposes too, and cars. When will it end?

I like your sarcasm, but don't subevaluate governamental bureaucrats' stupidity: some roumanian friends said to me that in communist era, to fight "enemis of revolution" propaganda, it was forbidden for the public to posses a typewriter....
Activity: 151
December 21, 2017, 07:10:49 PM
Yes, the posibility is too high when it comes to fiat money. We all know that it's not only USD is being used for illegal activity, it may be any currency as long as they can exchange it into real money or real assest. Just like drugs, they sell drugs to gain money! As long as the transaction goes well and its about money, there will be legal and illegalities that we may encounter. Even in cryptocurrency we dont even know if they already control the rise and fall of bitcoin. They can send their transanction in bitcoin in USD, SGD UKD CND too many.
Activity: 303
December 21, 2017, 06:48:32 PM
Activity: 378
Merit: 111
December 21, 2017, 06:44:50 PM
In my own opinion, USD is really being used for illegal activities and i believe all currencies are being used for illegal activities such as money laundering, scams, drugs and etc. People do this kind illegal activities because of poverty, so they could earn more money by doing these things.
Activity: 139
Merit: 11
December 21, 2017, 06:43:20 PM
Well all of the currency out there can be used for crimes or other illegal activities. We do not know when it will happen and where but surely they can anytime. Since currency involves money, it can be sure to be used in crimes for payment, bribery, selling of slaves, bounty hunters and others. The sad thing here is it is not only the US dollars, it can be Euro, Pesos, and maybe the Bitcoin itself can be used in crimes, hacks, scams and other illegal activities.
Pages:
Jump to: