Pages:
Author

Topic: Is USD being used for illegal activities? - page 5. (Read 20141 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 100
Tokenize Fantasy Sports
December 07, 2017, 12:42:12 AM
LOL. USD is used for illegal activities all the time, right at the start when it was born. There are a lot of activities like drug trafficking, money laundering, tax eavsion,.........All these illegal activities are related to US dollar. Before Bitcoin was born, USD is the main currency was used to do these guilty but for now crime prefer to use Bitcoin to USD cause make a deal with Bitcoin is much safer than USD cause the seller and buyer no need to meet to make the deal like before.
Activity: 696
December 07, 2017, 12:14:21 AM
Ofcourse usd is being used for illegal activities and any other currencies or money can be used to fund illegal activities not only US dollar.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
December 06, 2017, 10:39:29 PM
i think we already know that USD being used by many illegal activities but it is hidden and only few people which know and i think not just USD but the other currency from other country is being used too. with new technology, they can do without any government know but soon after government trying to case them, the government will discovered them and maybe they will be target operation to be caught. we know that drugs and money laundering is the serious problem to be solved
Activity: 210
Merit: 15
December 06, 2017, 09:24:13 PM
I see more and more articles of the USD being used for illegal activities, such as funding of terrorists and unconstitutional, illegal wars, funding of wars that cause severe infringement of civil liberties like the war on drugs, among other things. I am pretty sure that when goons smash into convenience stores and steal stuff, then the money they probably steal is USD, which makes it criminal currency. Also, I am pretty sure that the baseball bats that majority of the goons have bought were paid for by the USD.

Also, most people collect rain water, drink raw milk, and throw cannabis seeds in soil, all three acts which are considered serious illegal felonies punishable by seriously expensive fines and extensive jail time, possibly life in prison.

Some people also walk, drive, fish, or hunt without a permit that can easily be bought for in USD.

Will this hurt USD in the long run? Will governments ban this just like they started to do with paying in cash for some services to harden the use of illegal activities, and money laundering?
Any currency can be used for illegal activities and crimes but USD is being exploited because it is generally accepted by other countries around the world. Banning it by other countries would not do any good because there are other currencies that can be used for such activities.
Activity: 294
December 06, 2017, 07:22:17 PM
As we can see, even before USD is being used in this kinds of illegal activities, but until now USD is not yet banned. This USD cannot cannot  be ban easily just because of this  illegal activities or even any other type of currency because of its widely used in the whole world. And tyhis currency is imporatnt currency today.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
December 06, 2017, 07:13:40 PM
Mainly bitcoin are being convert into USD  so for that reason United states dollarare now being spotted by a few goverment particularly my goverment.Indeed.. until now, my goverment prohibit bitcoin because felony can convert bitcoin United states dollar and purchase weapon by way of darkish marketplace
All currencies can be widely use for illegal activities including bitcoin itself, people will do things just to do what they wanted to do, and as a matter of fact bitcoin is now using as a medium of their transaction as sender and receiver are anonymous and there is no way to know who they are. So the point is person can do all things when they want to.
yeah you right, I think all currencies are used for illegal activities, you know that every country has a mafia and before bitcoin is present even if they already use their local currency to use as an illegal financial transaction. so I think not just bitcoins and dollars are used for illegal activities,,
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks
December 06, 2017, 06:07:28 PM
Any currency can be used for illegal activities. Why the dollar is the most popular currency for these purposes?
because dollar is the most common currency in the world.
In general, bitcoin has more prospects for use in this area, because of anonymity

Well, this is true, i agre with you.
Bitcoin sometimes perceived as the (wild west of finance), the cryptocurrency space has been connected to various scams, hacks, terrorist and other criminal activities which have taken advantage of this anonymity.
In the fact, almost the transactions of darkweb stopped or reduce in Bitcoin.
I heard hackers and people of underground world are using other cryptocurrencies for their transaction instead of Bitcoin.
Monero, Zcash are the best choice for them, you can see the price of Monero increased a lot of values recently, that is the reason.
Activity: 56
December 01, 2017, 02:13:46 AM
Any currency can be used for illegal activities. Why the dollar is the most popular currency for these purposes?
In general, bitcoin has more prospects for use in this area, because of anonymity

Well, this is true, i agre with you.
Bitcoin sometimes perceived as the (wild west of finance), the cryptocurrency space has been connected to various scams, hacks, terrorist and other criminal activities which have taken advantage of this anonymity.
Activity: 768
Merit: 1000
December 01, 2017, 01:25:07 AM
Activity: 250
Merit: 105
December 01, 2017, 12:52:31 AM
Yes, I think so. There are criminals who are using bitcoin for their crimes such as illegal activities, and so there is a big reason to see that USD, as well, is being used for criminal acts. Criminals always do what they want and get what they want. They find ways to do things they wanted to do, for whatever reason they are doing this, I don't know. Either traceable or not crimes are, they do not care. There are criminals who use ways in which it cannot be known by police and/or government, where no one can notice who did the crime. But, of course, they sometimes fail to do so. They sometimes planned it very well, so there are things left to be traceable by the investigators.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
December 01, 2017, 12:38:15 AM
I see more and more articles of the USD being used for illegal activities, such as funding of terrorists and unconstitutional, illegal wars, funding of wars that cause severe infringement of civil liberties like the war on drugs, among other things. I am pretty sure that when goons smash into convenience stores and steal stuff, then the money they probably steal is USD, which makes it criminal currency. Also, I am pretty sure that the baseball bats that majority of the goons have bought were paid for by the USD.

Also, most people collect rain water, drink raw milk, and throw cannabis seeds in soil, all three acts which are considered serious illegal felonies punishable by seriously expensive fines and extensive jail time, possibly life in prison.

Some people also walk, drive, fish, or hunt without a permit that can easily be bought for in USD.

Will this hurt USD in the long run? Will governments ban this just like they started to do with paying in cash for some services to harden the use of illegal activities, and money laundering?

Since day one... I always remember the story that every 1 dollard paper money from the states has cocain on them idk if its real or is it just fake .
Activity: 504
Merit: 252
December 01, 2017, 12:36:57 AM
Every money is being used for illegal activities. Of course, that would not exempt USD. No single currency is exempted. Even gold and silver were used for illegal activities before. They say Bitcoin is used for illegal activities, well why not? If they were able to use USD which is highly monitored, how much more to an anonymous and decentralized currency? Hell, even neutral objects such as baseball bat and barbecue stick are used for illegal activities.
Activity: 531
Merit: 102
December 01, 2017, 12:27:26 AM

Any currency can be used in illegal activities and we should not blame it in the currency itself.   We should focus on the person who used the currency to illegal activities.   Criminals accept any mode of payment that may benefit them in exchange of their illegal acts.  It is the government that must launch programs to eliminate such illegal activities.  So, it is not depend on the type of currency, it is on the people who use it for criminality.
Activity: 756
Merit: 252
November 30, 2017, 11:41:11 PM

Of course this is not going to affect the US dollar, the criminals are going to use anything they can to commit their crimes and since the US dollar is still the most used currency all around the world then it makes sense criminals use that currency as a medium of exchanges well.
Activity: 606
Merit: 10
November 30, 2017, 10:06:15 PM
I see more and more articles of the USD being used for illegal activities, such as funding of terrorists and unconstitutional, illegal wars, funding of wars that cause severe infringement of civil liberties like /2012/12/06/opinion/branson-end-war-on-drugs/]the war on drugs, among other things. I am pretty sure that when goons smash into convenience stores and steal stuff, then the money they probably steal is USD, which makes it criminal currency. Also, I am pretty sure that the baseball bats that majority of the goons have bought were paid for by the USD.

USD is likely used often than any other currency for criminal and scum pourpuses.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 511
November 30, 2017, 10:05:26 PM
Mainly bitcoin are being convert into USD  so for that reason United states dollarare now being spotted by a few goverment particularly my goverment.Indeed.. until now, my goverment prohibit bitcoin because felony can convert bitcoin United states dollar and purchase weapon by way of darkish marketplace
All currencies can be widely use for illegal activities including bitcoin itself, people will do things just to do what they wanted to do, and as a matter of fact bitcoin is now using as a medium of their transaction as sender and receiver are anonymous and there is no way to know who they are. So the point is person can do all things when they want to.
Activity: 406
November 27, 2017, 05:02:55 AM
Every currency is use in illegel activities. Not only dollar. And terrorist will use any currency in buying their needs to do terrorist attack.
Activity: 25
November 26, 2017, 09:25:06 PM
Every cash money is used for illegal activities people buy drugs daily and you ask is it used for illegal activities i think that the most illegal activities come from the us so the usd is the most usable for those activities.
Activity: 504
November 26, 2017, 09:07:24 PM
Not only USD bro all curency can use in illegal activities even bitcoin. All currency can fund terrorist attacks, can buy drugs and womens and other illegal activities.
Activity: 366
November 24, 2017, 12:24:49 PM
USD is used much on illegal activities compared to the usage of bitcoin. Bitcoin being an pseudo anonymous asset has provided users with the ease of bitcoin into illegal activities, but when calculated the percentage of usd on illegal activities seems to be much bigger than that of bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: