Pages:
Author

Topic: Is USD being used for illegal activities? - page 9. (Read 20141 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 250
November 10, 2017, 07:37:17 AM
For me it has a possibility that USD can be used up for illegal activities. Because such as terrorist create and use this money on anything they wanted. Unless, someone can detect and stop this bad activity.
In fact all currency in the world was used in different criminal activities, maybe USD is included in this some illegal transactions. Even bitcoin have a risks and there's a possibility that in the future, bitcoin value was used by the terrorist to buy some items that they used in war. Because if we analyze all terrorist are a lot of connection in different part of the world.

Every thing is possible in this World.I agree this blindly.Because with the fact I had seen,I had come to this conclusion.So,it's possible to make use of dollar in Illegal activity.Why not dollars? Even a Bitcoin is possible.
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
November 10, 2017, 07:31:45 AM
Yes if the payment is offline the holders of USD paper money buy drugs. But if they buy some illegal drugs or some illegal services online, they need to convert their money to bitcoin to be safe from the police. Also all currencies are accepted when the payment method on those illegal activities are offline.
Activity: 196
Merit: 121
November 10, 2017, 07:29:21 AM
For me it has a possibility that USD can be used up for illegal activities. Because such as terrorist create and use this money on anything they wanted. Unless, someone can detect and stop this bad activity.
In fact all currency in the world was used in different criminal activities, maybe USD is included in this some illegal transactions. Even bitcoin have a risks and there's a possibility that in the future, bitcoin value was used by the terrorist to buy some items that they used in war. Because if we analyze all terrorist are a lot of connection in different part of the world.
It was possible to used in the illegal transactions, but it easy to track it by the USD citizen. Also in my thinking even bitcoin have a possibility to used in illegality, since bitcoin are decentralize and hard to find out.
I'm just bothering especially if this coin was totally abused, more of that people are rich they used bitcoin for their own self only.
Activity: 336
Merit: 260
November 10, 2017, 07:22:58 AM
Activity: 910
Merit: 550
November 09, 2017, 03:15:59 PM
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
November 08, 2017, 09:45:33 PM
Firstly the subject collection I would not agree with. Secondly it is not only USD any currency in the world can be used for any unlawful activities. In specific nation no matter which currency they will use individuals use that currency to do illegal activities since it occurs everywhere in world. And not just in one country where one can say USD has been used.Well its oneself to appear and see that they do not get involved with breakdown or malpractices that brought lower them personal in their own eyes and in planet's eyes.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
November 08, 2017, 07:52:28 PM
Every currency in the world is used in illegal trading and criminal frauds and that is why anti money laundering act was created for such dirty acts.
The problem is not the money itself but rather the way people think how they use it.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
November 08, 2017, 06:36:25 PM
Yes, USD has been employed for illegal activities and that's not new for us simply because even this discussion board isn't produced however, we currently knew that USD or any other fiat is what is important that they used in performing illegal activities like buying unlawful things or make payment on criminals. I know that even the bitcoin is already accustomed to this kind of actions.
Activity: 334
Merit: 100
October 28, 2017, 01:52:35 AM
It's possible and it's true I saw many news and article that usd is being used by many terrorists groups and also usd is being used in other illegal activities
The big terrorists among all belongs to this dollar society. You can’t say them terrorist even you know it better that they are terrorist. Dollars are being used in all terrorist activities around the world. US Dollar have many perks but it has more demerits now.

Like you said, I am sure about it. They are being used in all crimes and terrorist activities where we assure any terrorist activity.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
October 26, 2017, 04:56:50 PM
I see more and more articles of the USD being used for illegal activities, such as funding of terrorists and unconstitutional, illegal wars, funding of wars that cause severe infringement of civil liberties like the war on drugs, among other things. I am pretty sure that when goons smash into convenience stores and steal stuff, then the money they probably steal is USD, which makes it criminal currency. Also, I am pretty sure that the baseball bats that majority of the goons have bought were paid for by the USD.

Also, most people collect rain water, drink raw milk, and throw cannabis seeds in soil, all three acts which are considered serious illegal felonies punishable by seriously expensive fines and extensive jail time, possibly life in prison.

Some people also walk, drive, fish, or hunt without a permit that can easily be bought for in USD.

Will this hurt USD in the long run? Will governments ban this just like they started to do with paying in cash for some services to harden the use of illegal activities, and money laundering?

The simple fact is that all the illegal items you enumerated has no negative effect or impact on USD.

The explanation as to why USD is used or preferred in these illegal or even legitimate transactions is that it has high value and when local fiat I'd converted to USD to be used for transactions, it makes it compacted and comfortable to be carried about without suspicion.

On the contrary, this role played by USD is currently being taken over by bitcoin because of its high value also. Fiat are these days converted to bitcoin to be carried on just a mobile gadget like a mere phone. Shaking my head.  Grin
Well, for me, all currencies are being used for illegal activities, and not only USD or Bitcoin as some would say. The only thing I would say makes Bitcoin seem like the worst is because the people behind such activities can hardly be traced, and it also makes things easy for them.
Good and bad people are present in every society, and they may be using their local currency for their illegal activities, So the American may be using Dollar easily and Indialn may be use Ruppee for their activities therefore we can say that almost all kind of currencies may be using for illegal activities and not a single currency can be assumptive from that.
I agree, all about money is being used in all of the illegal activities. No on cares about that. If the illegal activities will always be there and we will always see the money will be used for the illegal activities. Even the digital currency like bitcoin in which some of the illegal transactions can be happened.
Activity: 655
Merit: 500
October 26, 2017, 04:30:35 PM
I see more and more articles of the USD being used for illegal activities, such as funding of terrorists and unconstitutional, illegal wars, funding of wars that cause severe infringement of civil liberties like the war on drugs, among other things. I am pretty sure that when goons smash into convenience stores and steal stuff, then the money they probably steal is USD, which makes it criminal currency. Also, I am pretty sure that the baseball bats that majority of the goons have bought were paid for by the USD.

Also, most people collect rain water, drink raw milk, and throw cannabis seeds in soil, all three acts which are considered serious illegal felonies punishable by seriously expensive fines and extensive jail time, possibly life in prison.

Some people also walk, drive, fish, or hunt without a permit that can easily be bought for in USD.

Will this hurt USD in the long run? Will governments ban this just like they started to do with paying in cash for some services to harden the use of illegal activities, and money laundering?

The simple fact is that all the illegal items you enumerated has no negative effect or impact on USD.

The explanation as to why USD is used or preferred in these illegal or even legitimate transactions is that it has high value and when local fiat I'd converted to USD to be used for transactions, it makes it compacted and comfortable to be carried about without suspicion.

On the contrary, this role played by USD is currently being taken over by bitcoin because of its high value also. Fiat are these days converted to bitcoin to be carried on just a mobile gadget like a mere phone. Shaking my head.  Grin
Well, for me, all currencies are being used for illegal activities, and not only USD or Bitcoin as some would say. The only thing I would say makes Bitcoin seem like the worst is because the people behind such activities can hardly be traced, and it also makes things easy for them.
Good and bad people are present in every society, and they may be using their local currency for their illegal activities, So the American may be using Dollar easily and Indialn may be use Ruppee for their activities therefore we can say that almost all kind of currencies may be using for illegal activities and not a single currency can be assumptive from that.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
October 26, 2017, 02:07:32 PM
Hm....I don't think there's a currency out there being dealt into illegal activities. Anything worth a great deal of value is likely to fall into that category.

Any currency that has a value can be use for illegal activities so it's not with the money but with the users who are thinking
of using USD as a tool to run their illegal transactions. Cryptocurrencies can also be use for illegal transactions so there is no difference.
Even gold or diamond or any valuable asset can be used as long as it is a form of payment. USD is a valuable tool so as any other form of currency and it is not exempted from being use for illegal activities.
These dudes involved in such activities obviously know how they cover their tracks and if caught, apparently will face the law in whatever country they may be.

From OP's point of view, I do not see how it is particular only to US since every other country as well always end up having some set of crooks. The only difference is that US being a generally used currency for international transactions makes it more common for payment.
Activity: 406
Merit: 156
October 26, 2017, 12:11:15 PM
Fiat was present way before cryptos came and crime was here since the 1st second of the existence so of course fiat was used to illegal purposes , but with the cryptos arrival it became much easier to criminals ti conclude their deals as it is way easier for criminals to deal with untraceable currencies that goes through securised wallets and with massive amounts then get laundred then to deal with cash or bank transactions that could be traced or used in court .
copper member
Activity: 700
Merit: 120
Gamdom
October 26, 2017, 11:37:45 AM
It's possible and it's true I saw many news and article that usd is being used by many terrorists groups and also usd is being used in other illegal activities
Activity: 455
Merit: 102
October 26, 2017, 10:50:18 AM

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025
October 26, 2017, 06:33:27 AM
Well it is not all about USD or any currency, some people tend to make crimes because they are posses by the dark motives influenced by the bad guys. Any currency can be use in illegal activities either it is transparent or not; for wanting to be more powerful and get their ambitions. Like in China, where illegal drugs is coming from so it is not only USD is being used in these cases.
Is there any currency that cannot even be used for illegal activity ?

That is the reason I always wonder why a lot of people sometimes do say Bitcoin will promote illegal activities. Even before the invention of cryptocurrency, illegal activities have always been on and it totally depends on the dark motives of the person involves as you said.

Currency is for transaction purposes and if someone with such motives in the US or in any other country apparently wants to make some dark transactions, currency absolutely must be involved.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
https://trueflip.io/
October 25, 2017, 03:53:02 AM
Hm....I don't think there's a currency out there being dealt into illegal activities. Anything worth a great deal of value is likely to fall into that category.

Any currency that has a value can be use for illegal activities so it's not with the money but with the users who are thinking
of using USD as a tool to run their illegal transactions. Cryptocurrencies can also be use for illegal transactions so there is no difference.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
October 24, 2017, 07:52:09 PM
If the USD is being used for illegal activities is a yes and no doubt about it, its already in the news since long ago that people are also using USD to do illegal activities. Since the USD is one of the most powerful currency that you can use for any trade be it local or international its not a surprise that individuals or groups who do illegal things will have their eyes focus on the USD since it's much easier to use and exchange.

You can do anything with the usd.Bad or good its up to you.Anything is possible with the usd.Its an international currency so its not that hard to do some illegal activities.People do illegal activities because they get bigger profit.
Thats not the case. It is slightly different. If any govt finds out that person or company is using their currency for wrong reasons, committing a felony, anti-national activities then they seal the property and bank accounts of that person or company. Thus effectively stopping further influence. As far as cash is concerned then a country will seize that. If found guilty action can be taken against it.
In this case, illegal USD in multiple international bank accounts gets frozen by US govt with help of interpol. US govt stops transfer of money to other forms if they get information beforehand.
Yes i really believe that USD is being used by illegal activities because it is a money and not only usd even all kinds of currency in the world that signifies an asset, for money is hot and that is the reason why the world is busy and there are some people wanted to earn big in a quick an easy way and that is the illegal activities and speaking of illegal activities it includes gambling, smuggling, mafia games and other crime accessory.
Activity: 347
Merit: 109
October 24, 2017, 07:46:04 PM
For sure.  But this is more about the war of cash.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 553
Filipino Translator 🇵🇭
October 24, 2017, 07:43:20 PM
I think every currency in the world is being used for illegal activities. Maybe USD seems to be dealing with it more because they're getting busted more relative to the others.
Indeed. There are lots of currencies that have already existed before and USD is one of those which are used into illegal doings in which USD is used to buy terrorist equipments, drug paraphernalia, etc. The usage of currencies vary on the type of individual in which they use it on any thing they want to use and capable of damages in the society.
Pages:
Jump to: