Pages:
Author

Topic: Is wallet security important to use? - page 23. (Read 28216 times)

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502
August 24, 2018, 02:17:05 AM
Security wallets are important and you are right you have to make sure you have backup incase your computer or phone breakdown. I once using Google authenticator for my 2FA on exchanges sadly my wife accidentally erased it on my phone, result is I lose coin/tokens stored on mlthe ezchange. That was my fault since I didn't have backup that time. Now I am using online authenticator which is better than Google authenticator when it comes to you erase or your machine broke.
Activity: 432
Merit: 126
August 24, 2018, 02:03:33 AM
Its an obvious answer. Everyone wants the best securitu for their bitcoins and other alts. That is why we have different option to do and choose just to make sure that our jard earned coins will be in safe place. You will not patronize something that will not give you security. That is the basic things to do for the crypto lover out there. If we have enough money to buu trezor or any other hardware wallet, why not. As long s you keep you private key safe and avoid phising sites, everything will be safe.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
August 24, 2018, 01:59:02 AM
security is of course highly prioritized both in a transaction or in a storage, it is not impossible and it is not a secret that every wallet is always someone who tries to hack every day. They always try to look for the elements of the security system, therefore safe wallet is needed
Of course every wallet can be viewed by everyone once it is available online that's why you have to make it safe to prevent from outsiders for tooking over your wallet without your permission. Even if it still offline you can't still trust the people around you that's why you have to put some security in it. Due to the greediness of almost all of the people in the world and increasing populations, we are now in a different era than before.

Myetherewallet is one of the best wallet today that is highly trusted by different investors of altcoins and yes  security is very important in order for your coins not to be stolen by somebody else.

Activity: 307
Merit: 101
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
August 23, 2018, 07:10:25 PM
Of course, you let your money be hold by this wallets so security should be and always be the priority. We should perform regular check on our wallet to see if nothing happens behind your back. That money is somehow a product of work hard, so we need to protect it. We should not let those hackers get easily what they want. Choosing a wallet first should be a priority that you should assess the security it would offer, then also try to add more security features like fingerprint for it to be really be secured.
Activity: 759
Merit: 105
August 23, 2018, 06:48:49 PM
security is of course highly prioritized both in a transaction or in a storage, it is not impossible and it is not a secret that every wallet is always someone who tries to hack every day. They always try to look for the elements of the security system, therefore safe wallet is needed
Of course every wallet can be viewed by everyone once it is available online that's why you have to make it safe to prevent from outsiders for tooking over your wallet without your permission. Even if it still offline you can't still trust the people around you that's why you have to put some security in it. Due to the greediness of almost all of the people in the world and increasing populations, we are now in a different era than before.
Activity: 339
Merit: 102
The Exchange for EOS Community
August 23, 2018, 06:46:38 PM
I once read for security wallet,
this is just for discussion how to secure the wallet. I do not think there is a security system and there will be no theft in the wallet.

If you choose your wallet or phone software, you need to be extra careful! Remember that bitcoins are stored inside your device. If your computer or phone breaks down, your bitcoin is gone too! Thieves can also take your bitcoin if it gets access. Consider the following tips to avoid losses:

Perform regular backups regularly
Save the backup on another device like in flash or another computer.
Use the encryption feature
With encryption, each transaction requires a login with a password. This prevents thieves who manage to gain access to your computer.
Do not forget the password
Losing a password equals losing your money! Wallet does not provide a password forgot feature.
Learn more please learn how to secure your wallet here: http://bitcoin.org/en/secure-your-wallet

Do you guys have a better idea to avoid theft in the wallet?
Your Knowledge and Ideas will be more helpful if shared.
Well, security in any types of wallet whether it is a virtual wallet or a physical wallet was really a must have because it is needed to secure whatever you have stockedin there because whatever it is, was a fruit of your hardwork. This feature must be totally in need to be done into virtual wallets now that people are now recognizing its worth so there will be temptation and the call of greediness inside so steal from others which you have not work. To totally keep your account secured, just privately secure your privacy feature so that you and just only you have the access on it and no one can do access it except you.
Activity: 79
Merit: 0
August 23, 2018, 06:28:41 PM
Wallet security or any security about your finance is always important.
You will have to use the best methods to keep your money safe.
Ii generally use different methods as keep them both online, offline and on papers. And dont trust anybody even your half. Keep everything safe by yourself.
Activity: 406
▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰
August 23, 2018, 06:22:38 PM
this is just for discussion how to secure the wallet. I do not think there is a security system and there will be no theft in the wallet.

If you choose your wallet or phone software, you need to be extra careful! Remember that bitcoins are stored inside your device. If your computer or phone breaks down, your bitcoin is gone too! Thieves can also take your bitcoin if it gets access. Consider the following tips to avoid losses:

With encryption, each transaction requires a login with a password. This prevents thieves who manage to gain access to your computer.
Losing a password equals losing your money! Wallet does not provide a password forgot feature.
Learn more please learn how to secure your wallet here: http://bitcoin.org/en/secure-your-wallet

The wallet security is very important to us,because there the contingent of all our asset,profits and investment all of them are in one wallet,thats why we needs thats secured all our data and private key,otherwise its will turn miserable to our crypto coins if its hacked by hackers,thats why theres wallet coming out  now,like ledger nano and trezor edge,in order to provide and generate security of our private key,therefore wallet security is a very big important into the worlds of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
August 23, 2018, 05:32:22 PM
Activity: 224
August 23, 2018, 04:47:07 PM
Yes ofcourse! It will be useful enough to guard and secure your holdings from any hacking event. As investors we always wanted to make sure that we don't loss our investment from the hackers.
Activity: 420
August 23, 2018, 12:03:58 PM
yes, you really have the security of the wallet that you have to have very high security, if the wallet that you have does not have very high security it will make your wallet easily accessible by hackers.
Activity: 313
Merit: 1
August 23, 2018, 11:20:04 AM
Don't forget to also activate the 2FA feature, because the 2FA feature is very important. This 2FA serves as an identification of the correct access to your Bitcoin wallet account. Besides that, it also gives notification to the actual owner. Notifications that appear when a bitcoin wallet is accessed can be via SMS, or else.
Activity: 95
Merit: 4
August 23, 2018, 11:08:45 AM
Never click on any fishy links, if you have to download anything that might be sketchy use a virtual machine.  you should be safe if you follow these 2 precautions.
Activity: 266
August 23, 2018, 11:01:09 AM
For now, wallet security is still awake and what I do doesn't visit any sites, I focus only on cryptocurrency and use malware antivirus. may be useful!
Activity: 114
August 23, 2018, 10:42:09 AM
Of course it is important to secure the wallet in any possible ways. Like, you lock your car and take your actual wallet with you. And still, they could be stolen, it is the same in here I think. You should be as cautious as possible but there is still possibility to be hacked as always.
Activity: 280
Merit: 2
August 23, 2018, 10:24:45 AM

Hackers are so smart. Their asset, being smart, are used for their own selfish desire. So we must be careful with our wallet and most of all the key.  We must not expose it to others.
Activity: 164
August 23, 2018, 10:24:32 AM
I still believe that the best way to secure your wallet is to be careful. I mean don't visit suspicious websites, don't give your private key to someone else, use different email for each wallet and check what address you are sending your crypto to. Your security is all about you. Don't be dumbass and no hacker in the world will get your money.
Activity: 130
August 23, 2018, 10:21:12 AM

Hackers are the most worst theif in crypto currency,  thats is why we have to be vigilant in our wallet accounts to keeping it safe always. By double checking if the password of our wallet account  is not exposing to someone. We have to prepare a back up copy in our personal storages divices for security purposes.
Activity: 107
August 23, 2018, 09:57:04 AM
Hackers learned how to steal money under the guise of two-factor authentication via SMS messages. That is, some service will request the password sent to you to confirm certain actions. Hackers have learned to deceive services and receive your data for any account. In this regard, once again you should not use two-factor authentication in unreliable services. Instead of querying by SMS, you can, for example, use Google Authenticator.

Yes I agree with you, but sometimes there are still consequences of using 3rd party app to secure our wallet. Better to have back ups if we will be using google authenticator.
Activity: 644
August 23, 2018, 09:53:10 AM

All of you stated above is correct. All of the list are very helpful. For me the best idea to avoid theft in the wallet if you are aware in the hackers and on what they are going to do. It is very helpful to have a security password in every devices, However you still have a multiple back up so that you are very secured in all of your devices. be careful to share your password and anything on social media.
Pages:
Jump to: