Pages:
Author

Topic: Is wallet security important to use? - page 31. (Read 28216 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 4
July 07, 2018, 01:46:14 PM
Thanks. it is a good suggestion to secure assets. backup is very important to keep the crypto assets and avoid from theft.
Activity: 490
Merit: 108
July 07, 2018, 01:38:35 PM
I do not think all the time wallet can be hacked unless the you do not have access to your private key. Please read the term and conditions of the online wallets as well. If the wallet assured that they do not have access to your private key that is the wallet secured for you.

If you do have access to your along with the wallet provider. Then you are not safe even after you protected with the 2FA or anything.

now I know the reason why the exchanger is not a good wallet because there are party exchangers who can access our wallets Cheesy but what do you think a private key can be randomly like looking for a phone number?
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005
July 07, 2018, 11:54:07 AM
I do not think all the time wallet can be hacked unless the you do not have access to your private key. Please read the term and conditions of the online wallets as well. If the wallet assured that they do not have access to your private key that is the wallet secured for you.

If you do have access to your along with the wallet provider. Then you are not safe even after you protected with the 2FA or anything.
Activity: 909
Merit: 17
www.cd3d.app
July 07, 2018, 11:19:44 AM
    Yes wallet security like 2fa authentication is important to use for additional safety of your bitcoins store in your wallet. Also always keep your password and private key secured and avoid to tell it to others. Avoid to click phishing sites to avoid hackers.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS
July 07, 2018, 10:56:01 AM
Yes wallet security is very important to store the coins. You have to be very careful while choosing the wallets,  the main thing for bitcoin holdrrs is their wallet only. If the wallet has been hacked everything will be lost. Always backup is very important, keep the private keys very safe. If the wallet lost we loose our money also. Dont share or give your private key to anyone. Hackers will easily take the money from your wallet.

As of today, most of the traders in the market are just using 1 wallet which is m.e.w. or myetherwallet and most of them did not get any problem for a very long time so i also trust mew to use.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
July 07, 2018, 10:34:21 AM
If you choose your wallet or phone software, you need to be extra careful! Remember that bitcoins are stored inside your device. If your computer or phone breaks down, your bitcoin is gone too!

Bitcoins are not stored inside a device. The private keys, which are necessary to use/move the corresponding UTXO's (which have been confirmed on the blockchain), are stored inside your device.
A simple backup of your private keys (or better: seed) can counteract a loss of bitcoins if the device breaks.

Do you guys have a better idea to avoid theft in the wallet?

Split your holdings. Majority in a secured cold wallet and a small stack on the mobile/desktop wallet for daily purchases.
Or: Use a hardware wallet with seed being backed up in multiple secured places.

The key is to reduce the possible attack surface to a minimum.

And use your common sense. BTC's not only get stolen through digial/physical theft, but also through shitty ICO projects.

This is one complete package of advices that you need to secure your coins and wallets,but one thing i wanna add is never leave your coins in exchangers try to prevent this from happening since exchangers is very vulnerable to hackers and scammers so beware of this action
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
July 07, 2018, 09:58:24 AM
of course, security of our wallet is very important and necessary even though in fiat money or whatever, Since we store our money there and we have to be vigilance in our hard working money so that we can avoid any problems.

indeed the security of our wallet is very necessary, because the money from our hard work that we have to save and must be safe, because it is all the characteristics of our lousy and the results we get.
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
July 07, 2018, 09:01:18 AM
No doubt we need the absolute safety of the purse. You asked a stupid question. It's like asking if my house needs security. The security of your wallet depends on you. And no one except you can make your wallet safe. There are many different ways. You can find information about it on the Internet.
Activity: 182
Merit: 0
July 07, 2018, 08:43:21 AM
The security of wallet is very important .. specifically to those who have a big fund, btc or atls on their wallet, even small amount they need a secured wallet .. i agreed do not put the important key or important infos on your phone you, put on a safe place or write it on the book or print on paper to still safe put on your room where is safe.
Activity: 1048
Merit: 101
July 07, 2018, 08:37:51 AM
I once read for security wallet,
this is just for discussion how to secure the wallet. I do not think there is a security system and there will be no theft in the wallet.

If you choose your wallet or phone software, you need to be extra careful! Remember that bitcoins are stored inside your device. If your computer or phone breaks down, your bitcoin is gone too! Thieves can also take your bitcoin if it gets access. Consider the following tips to avoid losses:

Perform regular backups regularly
Save the backup on another device like in flash or another computer.
Use the encryption feature
With encryption, each transaction requires a login with a password. This prevents thieves who manage to gain access to your computer.
Do not forget the password
Losing a password equals losing your money! Wallet does not provide a password forgot feature.
Learn more please learn how to secure your wallet here: http://bitcoin.org/en/secure-your-wallet

Your Knowledge and Ideas will be more helpful if shared.
It's pretty complicated for a beginner like me, I prefer to save it to an exchanger site or wallet site and for security so far I have never experienced hacking account, I think because I really cover the way of my access with the meeting and it's thanks to the advice of some members here, and if I have money left over, I'm thinking of buying ledger nano or trezor because it's safer in my opinion.
Activity: 266
Merit: 0
July 07, 2018, 08:17:59 AM
Safety is always relative. Regarding the crypto currency - whatever the protection, encryption, it is a thought of a man, and can also be hacked by a person. The sense of security is illusory.
Activity: 485
Merit: 105
July 07, 2018, 03:38:19 AM
of course, security of our wallet is very important and necessary even though in fiat money or whatever, Since we store our money there and we have to be vigilance in our hard working money so that we can avoid any problems.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
July 07, 2018, 03:36:07 AM
A bitcoin wallet is nothing but just a private key which is required in order to spend the funds associated with any Bitcoin wallet's public key. As we all know that cryptocurrencies are all about self-responsibility and hence one should always consider and uphold the security of his wallet. It is not a wise idea to hold funds on any exchange or web wallet to store. Wallet security is definitely one of the crucial aspects of using cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
July 07, 2018, 03:34:30 AM
Yes wallet security is very important to store the coins. You have to be very careful while choosing the wallets,  the main thing for bitcoin holdrrs is their wallet only. If the wallet has been hacked everything will be lost. Always backup is very important, keep the private keys very safe. If the wallet lost we loose our money also. Dont share or give your private key to anyone. Hackers will easily take the money from your wallet.
Activity: 627
Merit: 14
Crypto Article Sharer!!!
July 07, 2018, 03:18:16 AM
For holding Btc,I suggest everyone to create a blockchain wallet.May be blockchain wallet is better than all other wallet.Though we feel prefer to use coinbase wallet.
Activity: 616
Merit: 30
July 07, 2018, 02:58:36 AM
Hackers are gifted for illegal doings so never underestimate their capacity,meaning even how secured our wallets but we are not taking good care of ours we may become a victim still ,what we need. Stop entering sites that not on our best interest
Activity: 61
Merit: 1
July 07, 2018, 02:37:51 AM
You can store your cryptocurrency coins on a cold wallet or on a paper wallet, so you will protect yourself 100%. These are the most reliable ways to store cryptocurrency today.

May I ask what wallet specifically? Is it like myetherwallet?
Activity: 1288
Merit: 415
July 07, 2018, 02:23:19 AM
I once read for security wallet,
this is just for discussion how to secure the wallet. I do not think there is a security system and there will be no theft in the wallet.

If you choose your wallet or phone software, you need to be extra careful! Remember that bitcoins are stored inside your device. If your computer or phone breaks down, your bitcoin is gone too! Thieves can also take your bitcoin if it gets access. Consider the following tips to avoid losses:

Perform regular backups regularly
Save the backup on another device like in flash or another computer.
Use the encryption feature
With encryption, each transaction requires a login with a password. This prevents thieves who manage to gain access to your computer.
Do not forget the password
Losing a password equals losing your money! Wallet does not provide a password forgot feature.
Learn more please learn how to secure your wallet here: http://bitcoin.org/en/secure-your-wallet

Your Knowledge and Ideas will be more helpful if shared.
Just keeping your private keys safe can keep you away from losing your Bitcoin even if the device is broke or lost. You can save your keys at some cloud storage or other online secure storage so that you can access it anytime or from any device.
Activity: 363
Merit: 101
July 07, 2018, 01:51:22 AM
I think the security of my wallet is very important and necessary. Because it seems all the possessions you have are in it. It can be stolen if you reveal your wallet or access an unknown link. Besides, we can completely save them on standalone hard drives, it is quite safe and convenient.
For bitcoin inventors and users, their wallet is everything because if their wallet is lost then everything is gone. I think one shouldn’t give his/her wallet password key to anyone except one of the family member if necessary. I think digital money or bitcoin is good if the wallet is good because no one can afford to lose all his money. The security of wallet is everything; it must be secured tightly at any coast and any time.
Activity: 313
Merit: 250
July 03, 2018, 11:00:33 PM
What I do is put it into a 7-zip with password, and save it in multiple different places, including the cloud. And not have it my daily computer.
Pages:
Jump to: