Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Zcash worth to invest in it? - page 27. (Read 36191 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 17
April 22, 2018, 11:57:28 AM
There is a good article describing the theory that Zcash can become a popular currency among those who keep their funds offshore and among those who value confidentiality. The theory is quite real and can have even a great perspective.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/crypto-fund-predicts-zcash-to-hit-over-62k-by-2025
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
April 21, 2018, 07:45:05 AM
I would not recommend investing in Zcash.  It is better to invest this money in BTC or ETH.  I think this is a good choice.
Activity: 92
Merit: 0
April 21, 2018, 07:31:11 AM
Well it was inevitable that the big banks and huge whales would start getting involved in Crypto and the Tech it holds. Gone are the days of basement nerds and teenage miners involved in Crypto to disrupt the financial status quo, now everyone wants a piece of the pie. I saw ZCASH go up over 150% today on Polo because of the JPMORGAN news but am wondering myself is it too late to buy now or should we get some?
Activity: 121
April 18, 2018, 11:05:26 PM
People who bought at 1-2+ btc are 100% crying atm. But a coin with as much hype as zcash will surely get a pump going. Someone who bought high will pump it so he can exit.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
April 18, 2018, 09:25:06 PM
I agree that the ZEC is slow in dealing with the threat of the ASIC mining. It will harm its long term future.

I'm not aware of an ASIC miner for Equihash algorithm released yet, but anything could happen. One thing for sure, is that Bitmain is advancing in designing new miners for well-known ASIC-resistant mining algorithms and ZCash's Equihash PoW is no exception. As such, the dev team behind ZEC needs to pay close attention to this, to implement a change in its PoW algorithm in the future.

However, I'm sure that this won't stop ZCash from turning itself into a prominent privacy cryptocurrency for mainstream use. Things will become exciting once the founder's reward period is over for ZEC. After that, we might see its price head north at a fast pace. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 14
April 18, 2018, 01:01:14 PM
Zcash is a decentralized open source cryptocurrency, just like almost all cryptocurrencies. Zcash pays great attention to confidentiality. This means that the sender and recipient transaction values are hidden in the block chain. Zcash is often compared to another cryptocurrency protected by privacy and security, the so-called Monero . Zcash operations are extremely fast, and sometimes it takes only about 6 milliseconds to validate a transaction. If you like monero cryptocurrency and you invest money in It, Zcash will be a natural choice for investment. They operate on very similar principles, and if the value of Monero increases, the value of the zcash for too increase. Investing in Zcash or Monero is certainly more risky than allocating your money to the stock market, but in the future it can also bring much higher returns.

Agree. ZCash is often good for privacy, as it was the first implementation of Zero-Knowledge Proofs in a cryptocurrency. While not perfect, it solves Bitcoin's problem of fungibility by a long shot. Of course, zk-SNARKS require a trusted setup, which is a threat to decentralization. But, if ZCash adopts the new zk-STARKS technology, then there would be no need for trusted setups, allowing for greater privacy and improved performance on the cryptocurrency.

One thing for sure, is that ZEC has been quite slow in development when compared to other leading coins in the market. Most anon coins like Monero have an official GUI wallet and cross-platform support, while ZEC is having a hard time to do so. Despite this, it has been slowly increasing in value, which means that it could become worth $1,000 and beyond over the long term. The competition would be fierce among many known privacy-centric cryptocurrencies like Monero, ZCash, Komodo, and Dash. Only those which have leading technologies are most likely to succeed in the long term. Just my opinion Smiley

I agree that the ZEC is slow in dealing with the threat of the ASIC mining. It will harm its long term future.
legendary
April 09, 2018, 09:22:49 PM
Zcash is a decentralized open source cryptocurrency, just like almost all cryptocurrencies. Zcash pays great attention to confidentiality. This means that the sender and recipient transaction values are hidden in the block chain. Zcash is often compared to another cryptocurrency protected by privacy and security, the so-called Monero . Zcash operations are extremely fast, and sometimes it takes only about 6 milliseconds to validate a transaction. If you like monero cryptocurrency and you invest money in It, Zcash will be a natural choice for investment. They operate on very similar principles, and if the value of Monero increases, the value of the zcash for too increase. Investing in Zcash or Monero is certainly more risky than allocating your money to the stock market, but in the future it can also bring much higher returns.

Agree. ZCash is often good for privacy, as it was the first implementation of Zero-Knowledge Proofs in a cryptocurrency. While not perfect, it solves Bitcoin's problem of fungibility by a long shot. Of course, zk-SNARKS require a trusted setup, which is a threat to decentralization. But, if ZCash adopts the new zk-STARKS technology, then there would be no need for trusted setups, allowing for greater privacy and improved performance on the cryptocurrency.

One thing for sure, is that ZEC has been quite slow in development when compared to other leading coins in the market. Most anon coins like Monero have an official GUI wallet and cross-platform support, while ZEC is having a hard time to do so. Despite this, it has been slowly increasing in value, which means that it could become worth $1,000 and beyond over the long term. The competition would be fierce among many known privacy-centric cryptocurrencies like Monero, ZCash, Komodo, and Dash. Only those which have leading technologies are most likely to succeed in the long term. Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 99
April 08, 2018, 05:01:16 PM
In my opinion Zcash has no good future, because many investors do not like to invest in Zcash coins, the longer the price of Zcash is not but just keeps going down, you better infest on another coin that has a bright future and is in great demand by buyers .
Activity: 406
Merit: 13
April 08, 2018, 04:53:32 PM
Despite the fact that zcash has low privacy security and assurance it still a good investment platform due to the high demands it enjoyed when it was first introduced into the crypto market and again even thou there is low demands presently I believe the price will rise when the price of all other crypto coin will recover again.
Activity: 210
April 08, 2018, 04:47:38 PM
In my opinion - yes!
I have this coin in my portfolio
Activity: 840
Merit: 508
Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!
April 08, 2018, 04:21:17 PM
Zcash actually shot up over $10,000 in its original launch, and one unlucky (idiot) bought the genesis ZEC for about 20 thousand BTC.

I think that Zcash definitely has great potential among the cryptos, but it has some underlying issues with supply, as you can never be sure what the total supply is, due to it being mostly private.

Could be that the opening ceremony was compromised, and new coins are being fraudulently added to the supply without anybody knowing.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
April 08, 2018, 04:18:55 PM
Activity: 28
April 08, 2018, 03:16:46 PM
I bought a little Zcash, and I think that this year will be good growth. It's great news, which will contribute to a further upward movement.

With the upcoming improvements for ZCash, I think that it has a huge potential to increase in price in the future. Right now, it's been struggling to get past the $500 USD mark, but it's good in the sense that prices are relatively stable. Perhaps, once founder's reward period is over and ZEC enforces shielded transactions by default on the network, then prices will head above the $500 mark for sure.

It only needs time to improve itself to become one of the best privacy coins around in the market. Considering today's prices for ZCash, I think that it is quite a bargain, as it will become extremely valuable in the future.

Nevertheless, only time will tell what lies ahead for ZEC's future, but all we could do is invest and hodl our coins for the long term. Just my opinion Smiley

I agree. The price of ZEC will stay low for the short term. After a few months, the price will rise with Bitcoin Cash.
legendary
March 09, 2018, 02:20:05 PM
I bought a little Zcash, and I think that this year will be good growth. It's great news, which will contribute to a further upward movement.

With the upcoming improvements for ZCash, I think that it has a huge potential to increase in price in the future. Right now, it's been struggling to get past the $500 USD mark, but it's good in the sense that prices are relatively stable. Perhaps, once founder's reward period is over and ZEC enforces shielded transactions by default on the network, then prices will head above the $500 mark for sure.

It only needs time to improve itself to become one of the best privacy coins around in the market. Considering today's prices for ZCash, I think that it is quite a bargain, as it will become extremely valuable in the future.

Nevertheless, only time will tell what lies ahead for ZEC's future, but all we could do is invest and hodl our coins for the long term. Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
March 01, 2018, 12:11:42 PM
What Zcash (ZEC)?
Zcash is a cryptocurrency aimed at using cryptography to provide enhanced privacy for its users compared to other cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin. The Zerocoin protocol was improved and transformed into the Zerocash system, which was then developed into the Zcash cryptocurrency in 2016. Development of protocol improvements and the reference implementation is led by the Zerocoin Electric Coin Company, colloquially referred to as Zcash Company. Zcash payments are published on a public blockchain, but users are able to use an optional privacy feature to conceal the sender, recipient, and amount being transacted.

Upcoming news

Zcash (ZEC) Market Cap Reaches $1.35 Billion
30 June 2018 - Zcash (ZEC) - Network Upgrade 0
30 September 2018 - Zcash (ZEC) - Network Upgrade 1
Zcash (ZEC) sponsors 75 scholarships to #Consensus2018 for grads and undergrads

Important partnerships

Through official partnership with ZECC Corp., Bithumb launches exclusive 'Zcash-Back' Event
Zcash biggest partnership so far has been with JPMorgan; working to Integrate Zcash Privacy Tech Into the Quorum Blockchain

Activity: 32
March 01, 2018, 10:29:46 AM
I would say yes because it fulfills an early promise of Bitcoin technology - the ability to transact freely and privately with anyone in the world. This protects the right to privacy held by all individuals on Earth, and opens up new commercial use cases which were impossible without truly confidential transactions.

ZCash is one of the top three anonymous coins. It can also improve it by using technologies from Bitcoin Cash.
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
February 26, 2018, 06:34:46 PM
What Zcash (ZEC)?
Zcash is a cryptocurrency aimed at using cryptography to provide enhanced privacy for its users compared to other cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin. The Zerocoin protocol was improved and transformed into the Zerocash system, which was then developed into the Zcash cryptocurrency in 2016. Development of protocol improvements and the reference implementation is led by the Zerocoin Electric Coin Company, colloquially referred to as Zcash Company. Zcash payments are published on a public blockchain, but users are able to use an optional privacy feature to conceal the sender, recipient, and amount being transacted.

Upcoming news

Zcash (ZEC) Market Cap Reaches $1.35 Billion
30 June 2018 - Zcash (ZEC) - Network Upgrade 0
30 September 2018 - Zcash (ZEC) - Network Upgrade 1
Zcash (ZEC) sponsors 75 scholarships to #Consensus2018 for grads and undergrads

Important partnerships

Through official partnership with ZECC Corp., Bithumb launches exclusive 'Zcash-Back' Event
Zcash biggest partnership so far has been with JPMorgan; working to Integrate Zcash Privacy Tech Into the Quorum Blockchain
legendary
February 06, 2018, 08:35:48 AM
ZCash is a cryptocurrency with a strong emphasis on privacy and identity protection. ZCash maintains the benefits of a public blockchain while enabling completely anonymous transactions. Zcash falls into the “same category” with Monero and other privacy-focused cryptocurrencies. If you think that they have a good future, investing in Zcash is a reasonable option.

Completely agree with you, mate. ZCash being a privacy coin and all, helps protect us from external third parties who want to spy over our transactions. By implementing a view-key system, only those authorized by you can see your balances and transactions on the blockchain. I believe that once ZCash enforces shielded transactions by default, everything would go for the better in the long term.

It only started almost 2 years ago, so it would need some time before it becomes a strong cryptocurrency like most of the altcoins in existence. Maybe after the founder's reward period (or slow start) is over, ZEC could expose its true potential. Now, its price is way cheaper than its all-time high. If we invest into ZEC while prices are this cheap, then we would reap the profits in the future once there is a new all-time high in its price. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 126
Merit: 11
February 04, 2018, 01:01:43 PM
Zcash is good but I do not think that it is suitable for a very very long term investment. It will be better if you invest your money in ethereum or ethereum classic because they are 100% better than zcash. However, if you are a risk taker, zcash is a good crypto to place your money in
Activity: 700
Merit: 252
February 04, 2018, 06:19:13 AM
I would say yes because it fulfills an early promise of Bitcoin technology - the ability to transact freely and privately with anyone in the world. This protects the right to privacy held by all individuals on Earth, and opens up new commercial use cases which were impossible without truly confidential transactions.
Pages:
Jump to: