Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Zcash worth to invest in it? - page 29. (Read 36191 times)

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
January 17, 2018, 11:42:03 AM
I can agree that Zcash has a great potential to be among the top 10 in the ranking, but it is silent, now we can understand that it is losing market or is the time to invest and wait to go to the moon, another factor that we can take into consideration is the sudden change of the market, everything is very fast ,coins are reborn, currencies are returning to gain space, ie the old coins are growing in the market we must observe the trajectory, for a definitive analysis of Zcash.

Yes. ZCash can become more valuable than what it is right now over the long term. It has been slow in many things such as development, and price rise, but it has managed to remain stable in the cryptocurrency markets. Sometimes being slow is the best way to go towards ensuring a safe trajectory of any cryptocurrency project.

I've been closely watching ZEC over the past months since it was launched, and it has gone a long way to become what it is right now. Of course, it needs more innovation, as it lacks a user-friendly wallet which limits its ability to become used in the mainstream world. ZCash has all the goodies of Bitcoin with added privacy, so it has a huge potential to become one of the best altcoins in existence.

Besides that, ZCash has managed to gather the attention of other altcoins, as new forks have emerged with ZEC's privacy technology and some extra features. ZClassic, Zcoin, Komodo, Kurrent, and most recently, PIVX have all adopted Zero-Knowledge Proofs making them extremely anonymous cryptocurrencies (if users make use of their optional privacy features)

Nevertheless, now that cryptocurrency prices have started to decline, it would be best to grab a stake of ZCash while its cheap. Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 253
Merit: 100
January 13, 2018, 12:05:24 AM
I can agree that Zcash has a great potential to be among the top 10 in the ranking, but it is silent, now we can understand that it is losing market or is the time to invest and wait to go to the moon, another factor that we can take into consideration is the sudden change of the market, everything is very fast ,coins are reborn, currencies are returning to gain space, ie the old coins are growing in the market we must observe the trajectory, for a definitive analysis of Zcash.
Activity: 512
Merit: 33
The Quest of the Best Information to the Solution
Activity: 392
January 12, 2018, 11:00:06 PM
Zcash has great potential. I think in 2018 the coin will only grow! I always plan to have some zcash on my portfolio.
legendary
January 12, 2018, 10:54:24 PM
This coin seems to me not to be undervalued at the present time. But, as life shows us, everything can change very quickly. Therefore, it is necessary to follow the news.

Agree. Both positive and negative news can impact any cryptocurrency's value within a short period of time. While ZCash's value has been increasing slowly, it has remained relatively stable over the past months. It may not be undervalued right now, but it can become much more valuable in the long term as it continues to grow in development and innovation.

Still, in crypto land, anything can happen, so it would be wise to follow the charts every day, and read the news thoroughly to avoid making mistakes when buying or selling ZCash. Just my thoughts Grin

Does this mean one should go for ZEN orther than Zcash. I also want to be clarified on something about the pre mine and founders reward. Does the pre mine mean they have possession of a large number of tokens in their control and can decide to dump it on the market at any given point in time or what exactly does the pre mine has that it's really this bad for the company?

While it is up to you to make a research on which ZK-SNARK based coin is best, in my own opinion, Zencash and Zcoin may be the most viable options to invest into today. When there is a premine, creators of the coin can decide to dump it on the exchanges causing a negative effect over the cryptocurrency's value in the long term. They would have possession of a large number of tokens within their control and they can decide to either make the project grow, or destroy it by dumping all the coins. In the case of founder's reward, it works like the premine with the only difference that all of the miner's earnings on the network would become "taxed" and that "tax" goes to the creators of the coin. Then they can decide to either make the coin succeed or simply fail.

That is why it is best to choose coins which have the same underlying technology as ZCash, but without the founder’s reward or premine. Hope this helps. Smiley
Activity: 714
Merit: 3
January 04, 2018, 05:01:10 PM
If you want  to invest into a good privacy coin , you should get into ZEN (Zencash). They just started running secure master nodes.

Thanks for the advice, mate. Given that ZCash is sort of premined (due to the founder's reward), I don't think that it will rise that much in value over the long-term. There are other good coins out there which have adopted ZEC's underlying technology, with some added features. This Zencash you've mentioned by the way, looks interesting as it will make use of masternodes to further increase its privacy.

Combining Zero Knowledge Proofs along with masternodes is extremely ideal towards increasing user privacy in a safe and secure way. Better off, most altcoins which make use of ZEC's technology don't have a founder's reward, making the mining process a fair one. Which means that ZCash will have a hard time trying to compete with these coins, as they bring new and exciting features at a faster rate than the former. Only time will tell if ZEC can keep up with innovation and development over the long-term. Just my opinion Smiley
Does this mean one should go for ZEN orther than Zcash. I also want to be clarified on something about the pre mine and founders reward. Does the pre mine mean they have possession of a large number of tokens in their control and can decide to dump it on the market at any given point in time or what exactly does the pre mine has that it's really this bad for the company?
Activity: 378
Merit: 107
January 04, 2018, 04:49:34 PM
This coin seems to me not to be undervalued at the present time. But, as life shows us, everything can change very quickly. Therefore, it is necessary to follow the news.
legendary
January 04, 2018, 04:38:23 PM
If you want  to invest into a good privacy coin , you should get into ZEN (Zencash). They just started running secure master nodes.

Thanks for the advice, mate. Given that ZCash is sort of premined (due to the founder's reward), I don't think that it will rise that much in value over the long-term. There are other good coins out there which have adopted ZEC's underlying technology, with some added features. This Zencash you've mentioned by the way, looks interesting as it will make use of masternodes to further increase its privacy.

Combining Zero Knowledge Proofs along with masternodes is extremely ideal towards increasing user privacy in a safe and secure way. Better off, most altcoins which make use of ZEC's technology don't have a founder's reward, making the mining process a fair one. Which means that ZCash will have a hard time trying to compete with these coins, as they bring new and exciting features at a faster rate than the former. Only time will tell if ZEC can keep up with innovation and development over the long-term. Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 325
Merit: 250
December 31, 2017, 09:53:10 AM
Activity: 149
Merit: 10
December 31, 2017, 09:44:32 AM
Zcash could be good without 20% commission to investor team. Their 20% is too high, I avoid to buy this because I hate they dump on me.

Yes, I agree, this is the original sin of this coin which makes it basically unacceptable to hold. I have a few ZECs, but won't buy more, I'd rather buy some ZENs.
Activity: 154
December 29, 2017, 02:48:39 AM
Zcash could be good without 20% commission to investor team. Their 20% is too high, I avoid to buy this because I hate they dump on me.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
December 28, 2017, 12:35:10 PM
It's okay to invest into Zcash but not right now. AS far as I know they have the original zero protocol so this is a very big thing. But I would say that only after the half of 2018 we gonna see some real action with Zcash.
legendary
December 28, 2017, 12:27:03 PM
Currencies with moderate price growth looks attractive because of it stability and absent of big falls. I think Zcash worth to spend some money on it. Try I believe that you wouldn’t lose any cent.

That is certainly true, mate. I've seen many cryptocurrencies rise and fall, but those who rise at a slow pace, are guaranteed to retain their value over the long-term. The same way we saw Zcash being worth $1,200 per coin within its early days since launch, the same way it will reach that level back up again once it starts rising slowly in value.

Once real use cases are proven for ZEC's underlying privacy technology, I believe that the price could rise even further. After all, ZCash shares the same total supply as Bitcoins' so I think that there is a huge potential for a price increase in the future.

Nevertheless, while ZEC may be worth watching, there are other coins which provide the same technology with some added features like PIVX. This makes the competition fierce, but only those cryptocurrencies which could provide real usability and mainstream adoption will survive for the long-term. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
December 15, 2017, 06:44:39 PM
Yea i think the same, I would rather go for Litecoin that is much safer and expect bigger returns from it

Since Zcash launch, prices have been around the $1000+ mark, however after a few days the price has gone down, and I think that it will continue to do so for the following days until it reaches the total supply of 21 million coins.

In my own opinion, Zcash has been overvalued, (considering that there have been privacy oriented altcoins before like Monero) and the fact that Zcash does not enforce anonymity by default (unlike Monero), it makes me wonder whenever Zcash would be a good investment or not.

If there is one thing that I don't like about Zcash, is the fact that it is behind a company, as well as having a sort of premine called Founder's reward, which seems kind of fishy to me.

Please let me know what do you think about this.  Smiley
Activity: 479
Merit: 103
December 15, 2017, 06:42:27 PM
Currencies with moderate price growth looks attractive because of it stability and absent of big falls. I think Zcash worth to spend some money on it. Try I believe that you wouldn’t lose any cent.

Yes looks very good for serious investors thinking long term.. stability had a value also in crazy cryptos.
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
December 15, 2017, 06:16:40 PM
Activity: 57
December 15, 2017, 10:31:23 AM
Since Zcash launch, prices have been around the $1000+ mark, however after a few days the price has gone down, and I think that it will continue to do so for the following days until it reaches the total supply of 21 million coins.

In my own opinion, Zcash has been overvalued, (considering that there have been privacy oriented altcoins before like Monero) and the fact that Zcash does not enforce anonymity by default (unlike Monero), it makes me wonder whenever Zcash would be a good investment or not.

If there is one thing that I don't like about Zcash, is the fact that it is behind a company, as well as having a sort of premine called Founder's reward, which seems kind of fishy to me.

Please let me know what do you think about this.  Smiley

Looks like Zcash is a former coin, I looked at at Theymos list in and has 1  on them and others aren't even listed so... it must be a coin to invest on long term.
Activity: 488
Merit: 322
December 15, 2017, 10:30:33 AM
I can see ZCoin overtaking Zcash in2018.

Hope not.

ZCOIN
Held some Zcoin (XZC) but had a large transaction which never got picked up by a block and therefore it was lost! True story! Can verify all of this with txid (have started a separate post if anybody is a Zcoin wiz)

Conclusion: Zcoin may be private, but transactions cannot be 100% trusted.

One thing I like with Zcash is you can have it on cold storage (f.eg. Trezor) You can't beat that type of security with any software wallet.

I have never had a problem with Zcoin transactions although most are only low value so not a big deal if it went somewhere else. What i do think is that Zcoin is one of the coins that will become a $100+ coin in the beginning of 2018. Zcash is untrustable after the dev said that it is traceable enough for criminals to not use it. mmmmmm
Activity: 182
Merit: 108
December 15, 2017, 10:26:47 AM

Hope not.

ZCOIN
Held some Zcoin (XZC) but had a large transaction which never got picked up by a block and therefore it was lost! True story! Can verify all of this with txid (have started a separate post if anybody is a Zcoin wiz)

Conclusion: Zcoin may be private, but transactions cannot be 100% trusted.

One thing I like with Zcash is you can have it on cold storage (f.eg. Trezor) You can't beat that type of security with any software wallet.

EDIT 26.12.2017: I have since this post managed to resolve the transaction issue by successfully reinstalling the core wallet and downloading the whole block from scratch. Only a combination of these two worked
The missing transaction was then included in a recent block. What a relief  Grin

Activity: 224
crypto revolution
December 11, 2017, 01:53:41 PM
Pages:
Jump to: