Pages:
Author

Topic: Israel: Operation Protective Edge - page 21. (Read 14685 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
July 23, 2014, 10:33:24 AM

Not a single coin, clay pot - nothing points to a 'palestinian' people.

there is so much archaeological evidence for the  philistines / Palestinians.. that its not funny.
its even written in the old testiment and the jewish version too.

Isreali archaeologists lead the way when it comes to philistine archaeology.

its like saying that the Canaanites and phonecians didn't exist either.
how can you live in so much denial?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8n6PsRdhV4

ok.they found an altar...where it says that was philistines altar?

listen to the guy when he explains it to you he talks about it for 3 minutes... Shocked

maybe this one will help you.. its clearer.. and more detailed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaf7BDlY1cE
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
July 23, 2014, 10:32:03 AM

there is so much archaeological evidence for the  philistines / Palestinians.. that its not funny.

ok.they found an altar...where it says that was philistines altar?
July 23, 2014, 10:29:58 AM
From that video, it seems that the Hamas representative will not give up on taking every inch of Israel. To him, Jihad is more important than food and water.

I think the best solution to this problem is to stop Hamas from being a threat, the way Israel is doing now, and then sit down and talk to Abbas and Fatah about the best way to implement a two state solution.
They're certainly a bunch of pricks

Unfortunately they're a deeply rooted bunch of pricks embedded in the fabric of 'palestinian' society. You can't kill an idea and all that.

Rooting them out would cost thousands of lives and perhaps be to no avail, as a new Hamas II springs up.

International political pressure won't allow Israel to do that anyway. The Arab world's ability to affect western economies and security always brings pressure to bear on Israel eventually.
July 23, 2014, 10:27:19 AM

the ancient Egyptians and the romans wrote about them too.

Activity: 364
July 23, 2014, 10:25:39 AM
From that video, it seems that the Hamas representative will not give up on taking every inch of Israel. To him, Jihad is more important than food and water.

I think the best solution to this problem is to stop Hamas from being a threat, the way Israel is doing now, and then sit down and talk to Abbas and Fatah about the best way to implement a two state solution.
July 23, 2014, 10:10:39 AM
so one conceptual thing i don't totally understand. if israel in some sense stole the lands from the palestinians, didn't the palestinians steal the land from the romans, who stole the land from the greeks, who stole the land from the persians, who stole the land from the babylonians, who stole the land from the assyrians, who stole the land from the jews? i don't understand why the "right" to the land started arbitrarily at one point in time (so the argument seems to me to go).
'palestinians' are a new creation/fabrication.

A weapon to use against Israel.

They are Arabs.

If you look at their surnames, many of them betray their origin. Far from being a 'palestinan' people, one of the most common names in Gaza is "Al-Masri" which means "The Egyptian".
I'm pretty sure that the people are actually real; if not Israel is bombing a bunch of empty land for no reason. That's like saying Hashemites aren't Hashemites because they are Arab. Or that Omar Bashir isn't Bedouin because he is Arab. that's a pretty shallow way of looking at Middle Eastern and North African identity structures.
Nonsense.The Hashemites have a very long history and trace their roots back to the early stages of Islam.'palestinians' trace their roots back to the 1960's when an Egyptian became their leader.
Someone is obviously unaware that the first Palestinian Congress was held long before Israel was even a state and aligned culturally more more closely with Syria and Lebanon than Egypt.
I exaggerated slightly for comedic effect, but of course the 'palestinians' are a new invention. The fact they have absolutely no verifiable history through archaeological data, is testament to that.

As I said earlier, many of their surnames betray their origins.
In fact, I'll let a Hamas guy explain it better than I can

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=efa_1333570776

I guess the good bit starts at 01:17
Wasn't Palestine part of Greater Syria? In fact, I know that is how it was recently.

But didn't the Romans, when they kicked the Jews out of Israel, after 70 AD, rename the region Syria-Palestina after the Jews' arch-enemies the Philistines?
It is common knowledge that Palestine is nothing but southern Syria". - said to the UN Security Council in 1956 by Ahmed Shukeiry, who later founded the PLO - the Palestine Liberation Organization.
July 23, 2014, 08:29:25 AM
Today, there are people in the Middle East who want to form a united Caliphate from Morocco all the way to Pakistan. Israel is interfering with this dream of a Caliphate.

I think everyone would agree that a caliphate run by madmen like those is more dangerous than Hamas, IRAN and Isreal put together.

It is a shame that the Israelis cannot see that by killing women and children (whether intentional or not) they are only giving more soldiers and more propaganda material to the enemies of Israel.

I do not want a bigger Islamist threat in the middle east but it seems like Israel do because rather than doing what Iran is doing and joining the fight against ISIS.. Israel seems hell bent on pushing the Palestinians towards them.

I really cannot understand Isreal's foreign policy... but then again I never could understand the right wing warmongering foreign policies of the bush administration either.
July 23, 2014, 08:20:17 AM
so one conceptual thing i don't totally understand. if israel in some sense stole the lands from the palestinians, didn't the palestinians steal the land from the romans, who stole the land from the greeks, who stole the land from the persians, who stole the land from the babylonians, who stole the land from the assyrians, who stole the land from the jews? i don't understand why the "right" to the land started arbitrarily at one point in time (so the argument seems to me to go).

They are Arabs.

If you look at their surnames, many of them betray their origin. Far from being a 'palestinan' people, one of the most common names in Gaza is "Al-Masri" which means "The Egyptian".
I'm pretty sure that the people are actually real; if not Israel is bombing a bunch of empty land for no reason. That's like saying Hashemites aren't Hashemites because they are Arab. Or that Omar Bashir isn't Bedouin because he is Arab. that's a pretty shallow way of looking at Middle Eastern and North African identity structures.
Nonsense.The Hashemites have a very long history and trace their roots back to the early stages of Islam.'palestinians' trace their roots back to the 1960's when an Egyptian became their leader.
Someone is obviously unaware that the first Palestinian Congress was held long before Israel was even a state and aligned culturally more more closely with Syria and Lebanon than Egypt.
Wasn't Palestine part of Greater Syria? In fact, I know that is how it was recently.

But didn't the Romans, when they kicked the Jews out of Israel, after 70 AD, rename the region Syria-Palestina after the Jews' arch-enemies the Philistines?
The Palestinian Congress had a much closer cultural heritage with Syria and Lebanon and one of the original ideas of the congress was to form a single country out of those three regions yes. They are all culturally Levantine Arabs, and the Syria region has a history of being connected to Egypt as well, particularly through the rule of Muhammad Ali of Egypt.
Today, there are people in the Middle East who want to form a united Caliphate from Morocco all the way to Pakistan. Israel is interfering with this dream of a Caliphate.
July 23, 2014, 08:18:13 AM
it even has Palestinians in the Gaza region all those 3 thousand years ago..

looks like Jordan is next once they finish absorbing the west bank.

Philistines != palestinians

Such ignorance, jeez.
Activity: 378
July 23, 2014, 08:14:58 AM

They are Arabs.

The Palestinian Congress had a much closer cultural heritage with Syria and Lebanon and one of the original ideas of the congress was to form a single country out of those three regions yes. They are all culturally Levantine Arabs, and the Syria region has a history of being connected to Egypt as well, particularly through the rule of Muhammad Ali of Egypt.
July 23, 2014, 08:13:04 AM

they didn't kick the Jews out they just executed their leaders and smashed their political power.
it was called Syria, Palestina or Judea named after the ethnic groups that lived there.
Im guessing the name changed over time to reflect which group was more dominant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_province#mediaviewer/File:Augusto_30aC_-_6dC_55%25CS_jpg.JPG

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judea_(Roman_province)

heres an interesting map of the Isreal Kindgom...
it kinda gives you an idea of what the modern Isrealis were aiming for when they forced the Palestinians into Gaza and systematically took over the West bank

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Israel_(united_monarchy)

it even has Palestinians in the Gaza region all those 3 thousand years ago..

looks like Jordan is next once they finish absorbing the west bank.
July 23, 2014, 08:09:39 AM

It was and you are correct, though it was at 135 AD.
i was never good on remembering the the right year.
July 23, 2014, 08:05:39 AM

It was and you are correct, though it was at 135 AD.
July 23, 2014, 07:56:21 AM

They are Arabs.

Activity: 378
July 23, 2014, 07:34:58 AM

They are Arabs.

Activity: 994
Merit: 441
July 23, 2014, 07:26:21 AM
Right now, I think Israel is in the right for going after Hamas. Just like they went after Hezbollah in 2006 and the last time they went after Hamas in 2009.
Agreed, that much is obvious. Sadly many can't see it.

The news wires only start reporting when Israel responds to rocket fire. They didn't bother reporting for the 3 weeks prior to the flare-up when Israel kept warning Hamas to stop firing rockets to no avail.
July 23, 2014, 07:22:41 AM
Those Middle-Easterners need to watch 'Schindler's List' ….They love a bit of Nazism, the 'palestinians'
The Grand Mufti was a firm admirer of Hitler. That much is true.

But you can't blame all Palestinians for the Grand Mufti. Just like you can't blame all Germans for Hitler.

I only blame Hamas and Hezbollah. I don't blame the Palestinian people or the Lebanese people.

Right now, I think Israel is in the right for going after Hamas. Just like they went after Hezbollah in 2006 and the last time they went after Hamas in 2009.
The 'palestinians' voted for an internationally proscribed terrorist group to represent them. This group was founded on the principle of destroying Israel and its population.

Its central platform that it runs on, is the destruction of Israel.

So when you go to the ballot box and choose that group, then you know that you're voting for war.

And to be fair to Hamas, they have certainly delivered on their election promises - so kudos there.

you forget that Isreal started off as a Jewish terrorist group too.

and they didn't just call for Palestine to be wiped of the map.. they actually went and did it.

the process of creating Israel necessitated the systematic destruction of Palestine because its the same land.

kind of like how the united states destroyed many native american nations in their conquest of the land that is the USA today...

and FYI the PLO were considered terrorists too...
now they run the west bank and are paid by Isreal.

as for the claims that some people make about Hamas and IRAN wanting to kill all Jews.. try telling that to the many Jewish peace activists that actually visit gaza and the west bank without getting killed... (it doesn't make the news because they don't get killed)
and try telling that to this Jewish guy in Iran. He seems quite happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm_kIPGV7b4

July 23, 2014, 07:16:48 AM

They are Arabs.

July 23, 2014, 07:13:21 AM
Those Middle-Easterners need to watch 'Schindler's List' ….They love a bit of Nazism, the 'palestinians'
The Grand Mufti was a firm admirer of Hitler. That much is true.

But you can't blame all Palestinians for the Grand Mufti. Just like you can't blame all Germans for Hitler.

I only blame Hamas and Hezbollah. I don't blame the Palestinian people or the Lebanese people.

The 'palestinians' voted for an internationally proscribed terrorist group to represent them. This group was founded on the principle of destroying Israel and its population.

Its central platform that it runs on, is the destruction of Israel.

So when you go to the ballot box and choose that group, then you know that you're voting for war.

And to be fair to Hamas, they have certainly delivered on their election promises - so kudos there.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
July 23, 2014, 07:05:28 AM

SS Waffen had plenty of volunteers from the Middle East.

70,000 volunteers from Azerbaijan, 2,000 from the North Caucasus, and many more from the Arab world. The Grand Mufti of Jerusalem even cancelled a plan by the Nazis to exchange 5,000 Jewish children for German POWs, saying that "they all deserved to die". Also, he himself led the Hanjar troops in Bosnia, which killed hundreds of Jews.
Pages:
Jump to: