Pages:
Author

Topic: It's F'n happening ----- Polk VS. Negreanu HUNL Grudge Match - page 3. (Read 1034 times)

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036
I do like catching the highlights of who's in the lead where. I think I caught the 4th session, I watched Brad Owen and Andrew Neeme, sort of not commentate on it lol. They just sat around drinking and shooting the shit with it on in the background. The biggest pots I noticed were spots where Doug had 2 pair or something and Daniel rivered his straight, got all the money twice I think.

I've noticed a few more people reviewing the gameplay so I might try out a few of those for fun.

Glad it's not a steady blowout, keeps it interesting from a session to session point of view.

I think Joey Ingram is gonna start streaming this week with commentary.  Should be good.  Smiley
That'll be good. Weird time for him to have taken a break but it sounds like he needed to sort out his life a bit and find some balance. Looking forward to his energy, and admitted ignorance to the finer points of HUNL hold'em. I watched him do his commentary on the Sunday Million an amateur won earlier this year and he was a blast.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
I've tried to watch a bit of the streams without the hole cards and it's just to dull.

Its totally weird yeah

^ I don't think Dnegs would quit.  He's got people backing him.  If he's down by a manageable clip by the 12500th hand, I feel like stakes are going up...  Which should be fun for the fans.  Grin

He is probably sponsored by ggpoker. Aside from Doug that does livestream from his personal youtube channel, ggpoker is the other one that feature this match. The ggpoker livestream include Dneg's postmatch live interview so yeah I dont see Dneg doing this unless he is paid big time by ggpoker. Imagine having to do postmatch interview after 2 hours of playing session and you lose over 100k from the game

Some good news for yall, Dneg's fanboy  Tongue. Dneg was +90k in the 4th round. Dneg was leading with +180k but he gets too confident and tried to bluff few times by shoving. Doug does some good hero calls and managed to close the gap

He's sponsored by GGPoker but I don't think they have any action on him for this challenge.  But I'm pretty sure guys like Helmuth, Matusow and even Ivey could be backing him.

I think Joey Ingram is gonna start streaming this week with commentary.  Should be good.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483
Some good news for yall, Dneg's fanboy  Tongue. Dneg was +90k in the 4th round. Dneg was leading with +180k but he gets too confident and tried to bluff few times by shoving. Doug does some good hero calls and managed to close the gap

......and now DN is in the lead, up $26k after the 5th session. keeping it close!

and that's with DN running way below expected value in all-in situations too: https://twitter.com/Moonlightmaste1/status/1327979277682434050

still not too much movement in the odds, but he is now below 6 on pokershares: https://www.pokershares.com/market/poker/0ecafede-85cc-48fc-b12c-81698b314efc

i still want that 5:1 bet if someone wants some action on this. Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1414
I've tried to watch a bit of the streams without the hole cards and it's just to dull.

Its totally weird yeah

^ I don't think Dnegs would quit.  He's got people backing him.  If he's down by a manageable clip by the 12500th hand, I feel like stakes are going up...  Which should be fun for the fans.  Grin

He is probably sponsored by ggpoker. Aside from Doug that does livestream from his personal youtube channel, ggpoker is the other one that feature this match. The ggpoker livestream include Dneg's postmatch live interview so yeah I dont see Dneg doing this unless he is paid big time by ggpoker. Imagine having to do postmatch interview after 2 hours of playing session and you lose over 100k from the game

legendary
^ I don't think Dnegs would quit.  He's got people backing him.  If he's down by a manageable clip by the 12500th hand, I feel like stakes are going up...  Which should be fun for the fans.  Grin
legendary
I also heard that at around the 12500th hand, the losing player has the option to request to double up the stakes.  Gamboool.  Lol.
Yeah that or quit.

I've tried to watch a bit of the streams without the hole cards and it's just to dull. I have caught some highlight reals and man there were some rough coolers for Dnegs. I'm hoping in a week or so someone will put together a real solid reel of the big spots for both of them.

legendary
I haven't been watching this more closely than I should...  I hear Doug Polk is up 7 buyins in 1000 hands or so.  That's pretty normal in HU matches and there's still a long way to go.

Yes, around 268k after 1006 hands. They are commited to play for atleast 2 hours a day and 4 days a week minimum. Thats not normal if you watch the entire game, Doug is really trashing Dneg around. Basically they played 806 hands online and Dneg lose 268k already ( actually around 370k if you count the 110k profit that Dneg got from the live session )

I also heard that at around the 12500th hand, the losing player has the option to request to double up the stakes.  Gamboool.  Lol.

Yes

The next session is already live in youtube, Click Here Dneg vs Doug High Stakes Feud Round 4

It has been running for 30 minutes and Doug is currently +45k this session
legendary
I haven't been watching this more closely than I should...  I hear Doug Polk is up 7 buyins in 1000 hands or so.  That's pretty normal in HU matches and there's still a long way to go.

legendary
It seems both of you guys totally missed the next session. They both have played another 2 hour online session and Dneg is currently losing around 275k. He was up 117k from the live session but taking a huge beat on the online session.

You guys can watch it Here or Here

thanks, yeah i'm a couple days behind and wanted to make it a point to watch the live session. with these announcers and no hole cards, i'm more just interested in the highlight reel and the results of the online sessions.

Yes no hole cards shown at all. From what I've seen in their last online session is when one of the stack gets big enough after few nice play ( In this case Doug ), its getting easier for him to harass Dneg starting from the flop by raising high most of the time preventing Dneg from getting another cards. I thought there will be something like max stack in this game

From those livestream, I gotta admit that Doug is a really good player in heads up online but not that good in live game. This could turn really ugly for Dneg, he probably will lose over 1 million if he keeps on doing that river bluff by shoving in. They probably will play on Monday/Tuesday, I'll edit this post and put in the link so you guys can watch this as well

Edit : Another online session in around 100 minutes

Watch it Dneg vs Doug High Stakes Feud Round 3
legendary
I kind of whish they had gone to a 50/50 format for live and online - even switching back and forth ever 3 sessions or so.

that would have been ideal. more competitive, and frankly live is just more entertaining, especially since these aren't super nosebleed stakes......$500/$1k like at full tilt back in the day would have been fun.

It seems both of you guys totally missed the next session. They both have played another 2 hour online session and Dneg is currently losing around 275k. He was up 117k from the live session but taking a huge beat on the online session.

thanks, yeah i'm a couple days behind and wanted to make it a point to watch the live session. with these announcers and no hole cards, i'm more just interested in the highlight reel and the results of the online sessions.
legendary

It seems both of you guys totally missed the next session. They both have played another 2 hour online session and Dneg is currently losing around 275k. He was up 117k from the live session but taking a huge beat on the online session. Dneg was caught bluffing by shoving in few times but Doug was making few hero call with just one middle pair

It legitimately seemed like old friends

Yeah they sound like an old friend playing some friendly poker after long time of not seeing each other. Doug is really looks like an online troll, he trashtalk in online but sounds nice when he meet Dneg
legendary
i finally had a chance to sit down and watch the stream today. after all the buildup, it was a much friendlier affair than i expected---~snip~

very solid play (and also a few spots of rungood) by DN---up $117k after 200 hands. it barely makes a dent in the total hand count but, nice showing anyway. it didn't affect the odds for the overall grudge match though. DN is still being priced above 6.
It legitimately seemed like old friends, even bordering coaching at some points lol. I first watched the first hour or so, adn was like okay Doug blasted some off early - called it a miss read board later on - but was like okay he's climbing back. Then someone told me he finished the night down 117K I was like wtf happened lol. So I'm slowly trying to finish watching it just to see the spots, and now I have the first online session to watch, cheated and caught a bit of that.
Definitely not as interesting, I find the announcers voices a bit dry.
Not surprised that online went better for Doug than Daniel. I also figured Daniel might have been at a slight advantage live, if he was able to pick up on any Doug reads. I kind of whish they had gone to a 50/50 format for live and online - even switching back and forth ever 3 sessions or so.

I want to see how the next few sessions go, but if it's a lot of the same I wonder if Dan will opt out after 12.5K hands.
legendary
i finally had a chance to sit down and watch the stream today. after all the buildup, it was a much friendlier affair than i expected---so friendly in fact that pokershares is now offering odds on whether DN will be best man at doug polk's wedding, lol: https://www.pokershares.com/market/poker/8f22c541-59f7-4142-9be2-72f0265e8500

odds are at 41. Tongue

very solid play (and also a few spots of rungood) by DN---up $117k after 200 hands. it barely makes a dent in the total hand count but, nice showing anyway. it didn't affect the odds for the overall grudge match though. DN is still being priced above 6.
legendary
Just over 2 hours and this thing really kicks off. I might be mistaken but it almost seems like these 200 hands are going to be played in person. That's going to be interesting as I'm sure there'll be some jabs tossed around if not during then for sure as they break.

This is going to be very interesting. If Doug start trash talking right from the start and Dneg is tilted from the first 200 hands, things will get totally insane in the online game but Dneg probably dominate the live game eh. I wonder how much did PokerGO pay both of them to play it live in their studio. It must been a lot of money to get them both together playing exclusively for their content

Here is the link in case someone wonders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsDj1viQ4E4&ab_channel=PokerGO

85 minutes from now, See you guys on the stream  Smiley
legendary
Just over 2 hours and this thing really kicks off. I might be mistaken but it almost seems like these 200 hands are going to be played in person. That's going to be interesting as I'm sure there'll be some jabs tossed around if not during then for sure as they break.

Here is the event description from Pokergo
Daniel Negreanu and Doug Polk look to settle the score on High Stakes Feud as the two are set to play 25,000 hands of heads-up $200/$400 No-Limit Hold'em. Negreanu and Polk will face-off live from the PokerGO Studio for the first 200 hands, before moving online to continue the match and attempt to settle the score in High Stakes Feud
legendary
Just by his demeanor and actions I think if Doug loses it will be his pride that takes the hit, and I think that will bother him more than losing the cash. I think Dan will try and brush it off and go with what a lot of people called from the beginning "I wasn't expected to win" " This was just to put an end to it, and make it fun for the fans". Again it will be an ego pride thing, that he'll try and hide. The money again would just be a feather in the cap, as he's not hurting for cash.

Yeah, Doug's pride is the one at stake here and Dneg has tons of reason to brush it off in case if he lose the game. Basically he is playing in Doug's field of expertise so he is pretty much handicapped in this game

I find both of their latest tweet to be interesting . Basically Doug is signalling that he is going to win this one and Dneg signalling that he is quite bad ( or he could bluffing because he is good with these mind games )

is that all we get, 200 hands?
That's all that is going to be free, through Pokergo. I still don't really know what the final viewing options will be but I still think we will be able to see Dougs side of things via, via his or the upswing streaming channels. I think twitch but could be youtube. Luckily I have a day off on the 4th so I'll be trying to  figure out the what and the where.

I doubt Doug is going to keep silent while the game goes. There is no rules that he cant stream it during the game isnt it? If he has some good run over Dneg in around 3k hands or so , he probably will boast about it and stream it. We'll just have to wait and check his tweet
legendary
Its not going to looks good for whoever loses in this game . Lots of money and pride is on stake here. Someone probably going to lose up to 300k in this game and thats is definitely going to haunt them in their nightmare
I'm pretty certain someone is going to lose 300K just from the hands alone by the time it's done. Especially if it runs the full 25K hands. I don't think either would really bat an eye at that number, now the sidebets each have made is where they can really start piling on the losses. Doug for instance has a 2 Million bet on himself, to win 500K from Bill Perkins.

Bill has also given Daniel action on the same vein at something like a 10:1, I don't know to take Perkins at his word it's legit but it sounded as if it was a motivational bet. Who knows.

Just by his demeanor and actions I think if Doug loses it will be his pride that takes the hit, and I think that will bother him more than losing the cash. I think Dan will try and brush it off and go with what a lot of people called from the beginning "I wasn't expected to win" " This was just to put an end to it, and make it fun for the fans". Again it will be an ego pride thing, that he'll try and hide. The money again would just be a feather in the cap, as he's not hurting for cash.
I messaged Betnomi mentioning they should try and capitalize and offer odds. If they go for it I'll post. Apart from that, I did set up a pokershares account, I opted not to fund it yet because BTC was moving and I didn't really want to put any into Fiat  Cool
They probably wont have time to set it up and not to mention that the transaction fee is quite high recently, Im out of funds in Betnomi and I probably wont sent any btc to anywhere in couple days lol
Yeah I wish I had thought of it sooner, but figured if they really wanted to catch a few bets, similar to what they did with the US election, they could toss something together rather quickly.

That's all that is going to be free, through Pokergo. I still don't really know what the final viewing options will be but I still think we will be able to see Dougs side of things via, via his or the upswing streaming channels. I think twitch but could be youtube. Luckily I have a day off on the 4th so I'll be trying to  figure out the what and the where.

Edit: Read somewhere that the 200 hands on Pokergo, will display hole cards for both players.
legendary
Its not going to looks good for whoever loses in this game . Lots of money and pride is on stake here.

what's it been, 6+ years of shit talking between these 2? i should hope there's a lot of pride at stake. i sure hope one of them gets destroyed---just for the lolz. Cheesy

I messaged Betnomi mentioning they should try and capitalize and offer odds. If they go for it I'll post.

let me know. they geo-block americans but supposedly:

We stated multiple times, we will not ask for it except in rare circumstances.
We have been operating for almost a year now and never asked a single person for KYC.

.....so i suppose i could risk a small amount.

Side note just announce is the first 200 hands will be live and will streamed on Pokergo free.

legendary
Someone walks away with a pile of money, and the other hopes they don't rub their nose in it. Nothing else apart from that, there will likely be some videos or comments made, but I expect the end t obe fairly civil surprisingly.

Its not going to looks good for whoever loses in this game . Lots of money and pride is on stake here. Someone probably going to lose up to 300k in this game and thats is definitely going to haunt them in their nightmare

I messaged Betnomi mentioning they should try and capitalize and offer odds. If they go for it I'll post. Apart from that, I did set up a pokershares account, I opted not to fund it yet because BTC was moving and I didn't really want to put any into Fiat  Cool

They probably wont have time to set it up and not to mention that the transaction fee is quite high recently, Im out of funds in Betnomi and I probably wont sent any btc to anywhere in couple days lol

Side note just announce is the first 200 hands will be live and will streamed on Pokergo free.

Only 200 out of 12,500 hands. Dang it would be nice to see the whole game even without the hole card being shown. It is pointless if there isnt any huge action in the first 200 hands though
Activity: 1694
Merit: 516
^  Joey Ingram will prolly stream it straight from his YT channel.

Anyway...  Old school live pros are backing Dnegs.  I heard Helmuth is looking for action for 20k for something like 5 to 1.  Matusow is betting 10k.
5 for Dneg? Dang people must be taking Dneg lightly

punters on pokershares have been consistently pricing him above 5, usually closer to 6. https://www.pokershares.com/market/poker/c0baedd8-236b-4bd5-884d-ee1926743070

i dunno any other site offering odds, and they don't allow us muricans on pokershares. Sad

i still want 5 to 1 on DN myself, if someone will take the other side of the bet....

If you find someone offering you that trade I would take a piece too. Team Daniel all they way.

I wish they would fix the laws in America so we can have all the poker players on the same platforms and people from the states wouldn't have to move to Canada or another country.
Pages:
Jump to: