Pages:
Author

Topic: It's F'n happening ----- Polk VS. Negreanu HUNL Grudge Match - page 5. (Read 1034 times)

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036
dang, missed our shot at even odds. i had no idea where to look for action on this. the odds on polk are up to 1.42. https://www.pokershares.com/market/poker/6ee2a4d8-df3a-4c0b-bee2-1b14b727751f
have you guys used pokershares before? trustworthy?
I hadn't heard of them until I saw their Sig campaign actually.

FYI the thread isn't self moderated.
Definitely looking forward to see if Polk can back up all of his talk against the likes of the beast that is Negreanu.
I'd be more interested in seeing him up against Phil Ivey though, or even Tom Dwan. I have a feeling Polk would get trounced by all three heads up.
Yeah I noticed afterwards, not sure what happened. Left it in, seems to be working lol.

I think it would be cool if a lot of these big names just threw down in some heads up matches.Maybe make it a series event or something.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189
FYI the thread isn't self moderated.

Definitely looking forward to see if Polk can back up all of his talk against the likes of the beast that is Negreanu.

I'd be more interested in seeing him up against Phil Ivey though, or even Tom Dwan. I have a feeling Polk would get trounced by all three heads up.

Doesn't look like the event is set in stone yet, there's still some back and forth between the two on Twitter:

https://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news/25183-retired-poker-pro-doug-polk-challenges-daniel-negreanu-to-heads-up-grudge-match
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
^  Nope...  I think it looks legit tho.  And a cool concept.  But read their ToS on withdrawals and rollovers. It should have a 1x rollover as it is mostly standard for most books.  Not a lot of people in these parts get that.

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483
Pokershares didn't miss a beat... I did though. I caught a blog post here. That site also grabbed most of the relevant twitter posts.
Betting site PokerShares installed both players as close to even money in a prospective match, but the betting public has come in on Polk so far, moving the line to -119, about a 54% implied probability of winning.
https://www.pokernews.com/news/2020/07/the-muck-daniel-negreanu-doug-polk-grudge-match-37703.htm

dang, missed our shot at even odds. i had no idea where to look for action on this. the odds on polk are up to 1.42. https://www.pokershares.com/market/poker/6ee2a4d8-df3a-4c0b-bee2-1b14b727751f

have you guys used pokershares before? trustworthy?
legendary
And I doubt Dnegs has an edge at short deck.  Doug prolly could adjust better than Dnegs can.  PLO maybe...  I think Stud or Triple Draw is where he has a huge edge.
Edit:  Pokershares should lay action imo.  Drop a line in their thread.  Wink
And I got Doug too.  And it's hilarious how Joe Ingram is even trying to make it look like it's an even match on the Twitterz.  Cheesy
Yeah not sure the strategy here in just going straight HUNL. At first I assumed he just let his anger get the better of him, much like his twitch rant that got him banned. Then there was the thought - He can always say "Of course I lost it's his specialty". He's already tossing out the I'm giving the fans what they want.

Hard to say what the logic was.

Pokershares didn't miss a beat... I did though. I caught a blog post here. That site also grabbed most of the relevant twitter posts.

Betting site PokerShares installed both players as close to even money in a prospective match, but the betting public has come in on Polk so far, moving the line to -119, about a 54% implied probability of winning.
https://www.pokernews.com/news/2020/07/the-muck-daniel-negreanu-doug-polk-grudge-match-37703.htm

Side note found out Doug bought his BTC in 2013... not to shabby. I thought it was closer to 2015/16 based on a post from his supposed account on forum. Not very active.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
Lol.  Yup finally..  these two battling it out after 4 years of going back and forth at each other.

And I doubt Dnegs has an edge at short deck.  Doug prolly could adjust better than Dnegs can.  PLO maybe...  I think Stud or Triple Draw is where he has a huge edge.

Edit:  Pokershares should lay action imo.  Drop a line in their thread.  Wink

And I got Doug too.  And it's hilarious how Joe Ingram is even trying to make it look like it's an even match on the Twitterz.  Cheesy
legendary
From what I could tell it sounds like mid September to early August. It was a hard follow but I imagine they will firm it up in the next week.
daniel should have taken him up on his offer to play half NLHE and half a game of his choice. all online, all high stakes NLHE? my money is on polk.
Couldn't agree more. Although I'm not sure what other game Daniel could pick to give himself an edge, maybe something to level it a bit more. Maybe PLO or short deck holdem.
I don't recall him ever playing much PLO but I remember a video where Doug discussed wanting to learn it more, but eventually gave it up. Short deck is fairly new in popularity so I don't imagine Doug played to much if any.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483
daniel should have taken him up on his offer to play half NLHE and half a game of his choice. all online, all high stakes NLHE? my money is on polk.

when is this happening? i can barely follow all the back and forth on twitter.
legendary
I can't say I've ever really been to invested in "Celebrity Personalities" Sports/Entertainment.. never really cared. This though I have to admit has peaked my interest huge.

So 2 all-time greats are going to throw down out of, I guess what you can call Hate and Spite... I'm pretty sure that covers all feelings they have for each other... maybe disdain. If you need background on them just punch their names into google and there is 4 years of back and forth jabs. Some are hilarious.

What really kicked this off was Doug Polk putting out a solid and eviscerating dis-edit video on Youtube - It's now taken down no surprise. In  response to a minor petty shot Daniel Negreanu took at him on twitter. So much of this over the years truly. Then Joe Ingram got into it on his podcast a bit and decided to prod a bit and try and get these two to settle it finally - He's getting tired of covering them lol through Twitter.

Then you have it today. A bunch of back and forth and what looks to be some terms firming up nicely. In Polks favor I might add

200$/400$ Heads up No limit Hold'em

2 Tables online

Side bet of 100K-300K

These terms are just what I grabbed from their twitter a bit to get the scope of the back and forth. It could change.

I do think Polk antagonized Daniel to playing HUNL, as that is what Polk is known for. If I'm not mistaken he's considered the GOAT of that format. Turning a comment Daniel made about being the MJ of poker into a jab about him not being willing to play HUNL.

HUNL - Heads Up No-Limit
Pages:
Jump to: