Pages:
Author

Topic: It's Happening .... The secrets of 21 inc revealed, and its what we hoped for. - page 2. (Read 11620 times)

legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1034
Please listen to it if you can. What do you think about it?

https://soundcloud.com/elux-1/21-inc-embedded-engineer-on-whaleclub-teamspeak

What is most fascinating about this is the selling and leasing drone airspace for bitcoin that is going to be managed by these smart devices.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
How can I obtaine shares of 21 inc ? thank you

Unfortunately you can't, but there is an alternative that will yield similar results.

Just make sure your money is in cash form, find the nearest toilet, insert money, and flush.

This is not a bitcoin IPO so please don't compare it to one Smiley
Activity: 770
Merit: 509

Unfortunately you can't, but there is an alternative that will yield similar results.

Just make sure your money is in cash form, find the nearest toilet, insert money, and flush.
Activity: 595
Merit: 500
Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

Are there any numbers?  Like, "We expect to produce and deploy N zillion chips in the next 5 years, which will increase the total world's hashpower to P mongohashes per second, so that your toaster will mine K thousand BTC every morning, unless you would rather have light toast."
Activity: 686
FUN > ROI
For the curious, the 21 Inc website has been updated:
Quote from: https://21.co/
We've developed a chip for embedded bitcoin mining.

Used to be "21 million bitcoins, infinite possibilities / The future of money belongs to those who show up."
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
In regards to intel possibly making mining ASIC's.....
Did anyone else notice that the new "Skylake" x86 uarch has an instruction set extension specifically for SHA1 & SHA2(256)
I think thats quite interesting....

those asic will be able to compete with current generation? i could see them great in efficiency, because they will be based on the future architetture with better nm
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
And it seems like they're only giving their blood sucking chips for free to manufacturers of products, so consumers don't actually get any discount off the item; they simply don't have to pay extra to serve 21 inc and give them free money.
FUN > ROI
Can someone bring me up to speed on this 21 inc? I have apparently missed everything about it.
21 Inc, formerly 21e6, was a secretive hardware/mining op that more recently has gone slightly more public mostly announcing getting a bunch of funds for 'something'.  Nobody except 21, investors, and a few other people (including on this forum) knows what that 'something' would be, but that won't stop people from speculating about miner-toasters Wink
That's the tl;dr - set aside an hour or so of reading for details.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
Can someone bring me up to speed on this 21 inc? I have apparently missed everything about it.
FUN > ROI
the fact they made part of a circuit dedicated to SHA hashing ... easily translates into making an ASIC w/ just a huge array of these little circuits, much like how modern ASICs stemmed from previously designed hardware hashing circuit designs and someone was just like ... "well put a shit load of these little things in parallel, drive up the clock speed and ya have a decent mining ASIC"  ... AFAIK
It would be easier for them to have developed a Bitcoin mining ASIC directly - integrating the required gates for two stages into a CPU design is a somewhat more difficult task, and yanking them out of that design and then into an efficient dedicated chip that performs the hashing rounds required for mining doesn't make much sense - if that were a goal.  But sure, Intel + dedicated hashing instruction = squee.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
116 million in venture capital, wow this project has cash to spend and people talking up a big buzz.
Let's hope they can do something worthwhile with this unique opportunity.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
Did anyone else notice that the new "Skylake" x86 uarch has an instruction set extension specifically for SHA1 & SHA2(256)
quite interesting, but ultimately not so much for cryptocurrency mining;
http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/36253/what-mining-performance-can-we-roughly-expect-from-the-intel-sha-extensions-of-t

Slightly more useful for hashing large sets of data and/or bitesized data where you do actually need the hashed output (remember, ASICs don't return the hash)

Well, its not so much a point of mining w/ the CPU ... but the fact they made part of a circuit dedicated to SHA hashing ... easily translates into making an ASIC w/ just a huge array of these little circuits, much like how modern ASICs stemmed from previously designed hardware hashing circuit designs and someone was just like ... "well put a shit load of these little things in parallel, drive up the clock speed and ya have a decent mining ASIC"  ... AFAIK
FUN > ROI
quite interesting, but ultimately not so much for cryptocurrency mining;
http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/36253/what-mining-performance-can-we-roughly-expect-from-the-intel-sha-extensions-of-t

Slightly more useful for hashing large sets of data and/or bitesized data where you do actually need the hashed output (remember, ASICs don't return the hash)
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
FUN > ROI
I didnt find it in this thread...
It's 8 posts up Smiley

Do keep in mind that that article is based on an older document - but it's a wee bit more realistic than Alphaville's conjecture.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
Pages:
Jump to: