Author

Topic: Ixcoin TODO - page 224. (Read 631736 times)

Activity: 185
Merit: 10
February 07, 2014, 02:31:12 AM
I am a bit baffled by the voting volume.  I'm not seeing any unusual trading volume on vircurex or cryptsy.

It's very strange indeed.  Where are all these voters on triceder?  And we're still only showing 14 readers on Luke's reddit page which makes no sense if we have over 100 investors.

What gives?  

Yes, it is rather strange.
Activity: 409
Merit: 252
February 07, 2014, 02:07:54 AM
I am a bit baffled by the voting volume.  I'm not seeing any unusual trading volume on vircurex or cryptsy.

It's very strange indeed.  Where are all these voters on triceder?  And we're still only showing 14 readers on Luke's reddit page which makes no sense if we have over 100 investors.

What gives?  
Activity: 286
Merit: 100
February 06, 2014, 07:25:21 PM
I am a bit baffled by the voting volume.  I'm not seeing any unusual trading volume on vircurex or cryptsy.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
February 06, 2014, 05:54:57 PM

Wow, iXcoin on a tear with almost 100 votes.  Where is all this attention for IXC coming from? 

Actually, it is indeed weird.  Why would IXC need to be in yet another exchange like OpenEx?   It makes sense to on say a Chinese exchange or a European one,  but OpenEx?   I am not too impressed with this development.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124
Invest in your knowledge
February 06, 2014, 05:35:34 PM

Wow, iXcoin on a tear with almost 100 votes.  Where is all this attention for IXC coming from? 

Smart money investors. They are behind the scenes, keeping quiet.
February 06, 2014, 05:27:16 PM

February 06, 2014, 02:43:02 PM
A few shit coins brought out sock puppets.  Let's take to Facebook and twitter and get some more votes.

Edit:  Is OpenEX a big deal or is it another tiny new exchange.

I think OpenEX is a new exchange, but it's 100 times easier to get on a new exchange than to wait until everyone else is trying to get on.  So it's worth it to get on a few small exchanges.  You never know which ones will become dominant exchanges some day.  Be sure to vote.

Great point.  Thanks.
Activity: 185
Merit: 10
February 06, 2014, 02:26:30 PM
A few shit coins brought out sock puppets.  Let's take to Facebook and twitter and get some more votes.

I think OpenEX is a new exchange, but it's 100 times easier to get on a new exchange than to wait until everyone else is trying to get on.  So it's worth it to get on a few small exchanges.  You never know which ones will become dominant exchanges some day.  Be sure to vote.
February 06, 2014, 02:03:23 PM

legendary
February 06, 2014, 10:46:36 AM

41 votes now.  I'm shocked we're beating coins like earthcoin which has huge volume.

And I'm surprised i0Coin is right behind us given that coin appears abandoned.  I guess not.

And it's funny to see more coins for which I own the domains; like 21Coin and potCoin (well, I own GanjaCoin.com).  Lol.

Did you guys see BitcoinWallet.com sold for $250,000 and BitcoinWallets.com sold by the same guy for $200,000.

The smart money has officially moved in and domains are about to skyrocket to the internet boom days.

Wow,  bitcoinwallet.com sold for 250,000... that's impressive.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
February 06, 2014, 01:23:16 AM

41 votes now.  I'm shocked we're beating coins like earthcoin which has huge volume.

And I'm surprised i0Coin is right behind us given that coin appears abandoned.  I guess not.

And it's funny to see more coins for which I own the domains; like 21Coin and potCoin (well, I own GanjaCoin.com).  Lol.

Did you guys see BitcoinWallet.com sold for $250,000 and BitcoinWallets.com sold by the same guy for $200,000.

The smart money has officially moved in and domains are about to skyrocket to the internet boom days.
February 06, 2014, 12:42:01 AM
You need to vote if you want to add ixcoin to OpenEX.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/openex-new-additions-round-2-open-449473

Just voted.

AMAZING, iXcoin is in first place.

Everybody VOTE!
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
February 05, 2014, 11:35:45 PM
You need to vote if you want to add ixcoin to OpenEX.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/openex-new-additions-round-2-open-449473
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
February 05, 2014, 05:58:56 PM

This is all great feedback.  Hopefully luke can take something from it to improve on the first version of the design.
Activity: 139
Merit: 100
February 05, 2014, 05:32:38 PM
Vlad I like your idea, but not for a website. Like some others mentioned comparing yourself to something else isn't the right thing to do. You need to show why they need to pick you in a jungle full of coins.

Maybe put your idea in a video on the new website? That would be cool!

And how about Litecoin or Vertcoin and that brother thing? I havn't really read much about Virtcoin but they do say it will be the "new Bitcoin". Maybe we can do somthing with that too!
Activity: 364
Merit: 264
February 05, 2014, 03:10:05 PM

Great, that's the kind of honest feedback we need.

Note to self:  You're fired!  lol.

Alright, you've asked for my honest opinion. I'll divide it into several categories:

Usability: I think this is some sort of title page, from the appearance. However, I'm not sure what sort of content is being presented on this page. Features? Power of the network? Etc. Also, what is a good place for a menu?

Aesthetics: Full color backgrounds may seem like a good idea, but only if done properly. Something like this could work if there is a fadeout to white at the bottom, followed by the key features. The text, in addition, is not very readable on top of the background. Furthermore, the design trends recently have been away from photorealistic backgrounds, unless you're in charge of managing a photo gallery or something similar.

Bitcoin: I'm mixed on using bitcoin's logo on top of that page. We've had this discussion before with other coins, and I don't think presenting another coin's logo on your coin's page is that good of an idea, no matter how it's presented. The transition makes sense, but I don't think the image itself does.

Just my two cents.
legendary
February 05, 2014, 02:19:30 PM

Edit:  what's your feedback on Luke's web design and the pic I put up?  What do you like and what would you like to see changed or combined?  Thanks.

Vlad's picture:  I don't think we should put another coin's logo (Bitcoin) on our home page.  It will only confuse newbies.  If and when we mention Bitcoin make sure the font is smaller than the word iXcoin.  Luke did ok on that, but I still like Friction's "The First Alternative to Bitcoin" too.

Overall I like Friction's website art and layout the most of the three (compared to yours and Luke's), but Luke has the right idea on presenting a Mission Statement, Philosophy and Principles to the reader in a clear and concise manner.  Friction's site is a bit repetative... Development Fundraising, FAQ, and Download don't ned to be explained on the lower part of the home page.  That's a better place for 1) Mission Statement, 2) Philosophy and Priciples, and our primary design feature 3) User Currencies and Smart Contracts.    

Also on Friction's site, I would leave "iXcoin" clearly spelled out in the upper left.  There's no longer any place on the home page where "iXcoin" is displayed.  It looks cool having the IXC logo's in the different colors below.  I would change how the menus are organized.  Combining Luke and Friction's menu item's, I'd suggest something like this.

Home                Social Hub           News             Services             Downloads           FAQ

Home - home page, name and logo, keep carousel to highlight features, change lower bullets to Mission Statement, Philosophy and Priciples, User Currencies and Smart Contracts

Social Hub - Forum, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, etc.

News - for distilling and highlighting the most important information for iXcoin users who don't have time to read the social networking sites

Services - to list exchanges and stores.  This info shouldn't be buried in the FAQ's.  This would also be a good place to describe NUDC and Smart Contracts in more detail.

Download - for the latest client and source downloads

FAQ - for all the normal questions and technical info.  Also move Statistics here.

Excellent suggestions.
legendary
February 05, 2014, 10:59:10 AM

A lot of emphasis should be put on ixcoin's security, could give examples of new currencies being attacked/forked.

+1

Security, Security, Security.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
February 05, 2014, 10:34:39 AM
I think the main page on the site shouldn't mention bitcoin, it might confuse people who are new to cryptos, better if ixcoin stands out on its own. Should defo have a comparison between the two, maybe like a timeline between the two currencies so they can see the price variations/hash rates over time etc.

A lot of emphasis should be put on ixcoin's security, could give examples of new currencies being attacked/forked.
legendary
February 05, 2014, 06:46:40 AM
Tazman, attaching yourself to a flying star is always a good idea.  It has an absolute lifting effect.  I chose a bland BTC pic and made it subliminally smaller and put it on the inferior side [of the human mind] and slightly lower than iXcoin's logo so the human mind, without knowing, will perceive iXcoin's image as superior, stronger and more pleasant.

Yes, I see where you're going, but that would be better for our marketing/advertising phase rather than on the website home page.  We can still associate with Bitcoin on the website, but it shouldn't take up 50% of the real estate.  Describe the association in text, and keep the visuals focused on iXcoin.

I understand what you're saying and we could do anything the populous agrees on but if you look at the design, it's not 50%, it's maybe 5%.  There's a small BTC logo and then the phrase which mentions BTC.

The fact half the page resembles BTC as a dark, bland and old technology is simply graphics.  That left side of the page does nothing in Bitcoin's favor and in fact greatly diminishes BTC while it helps portray a stark contrast in a natural, interesting way.

I would like to hear Friction's and Luke's opinion and of course, others as well.

Dexter would be a good one, he's designed some cool things in the past and also the guys who made out logo, where are they?

I would go more with the story that "if you could buy Bitcoin at 11 cents today, would you?".  Then talk about Bitcoin's twin... separated at birth.    Dexter44 create a couple of videos that all have different spins on the message,  probably creating one of those videos (use powtoons) if you want convey a message.

As Luke has said, you have to determine your target market, then you build your site.  Who is IXC's target market?

My thought:   Developing countries that think that bitcoin price is too high, but need something equally secure.  Target the remittance markets.  Target the small device... i.e. SMS.   Target micro-transactions and micro-finance.
Jump to: