Author

Topic: Ixcoin TODO - page 223. (Read 631736 times)

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
February 08, 2014, 04:52:20 PM
Hey guys, ixcoin just added to CryptOTC

cryptotc dot us/market#IXC

How old and large is cryptootc?  Cause I've never heard of it.

Well, it's great news.  So is that 4 markets now?

The danger of these new exchanges is that, you never know if they will close and therefore take all your deposits with them.

Oh, interesting point.  I didn't think of that. 

People should use Cryptsy then until these new exchanges prove themselves or buy your coins and transfer them to a cold wallet.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
February 08, 2014, 04:43:59 PM

The danger of these new exchanges is that, you never know if they will close and therefore take all your deposits with them.
legendary
February 08, 2014, 04:42:53 PM

Anybody have any ideas why i0Coin was so unstable and even died when it was simply an exact clone of IXC?  The only difference was that it had no premine.  Isn't that right?  So why has IXC been so incredibly stable, with no forking and never dying while i0Coin had so many problems.

The block rate of i0coin was I think 4 times that of iXcoin and bitcoin.  So the implementation did consume a lot of memory and crashed a lot.

iXcoin is just like Bitcoin, Namecoin and DVC,  so all of them play quite well in merge mine situations. 

In general, the only way to get into a major merge mining pool is to be as conservative and non-disruptive as possible.  IXC is like that,  it does not cause problems for pools.  i0coin takes a considerable risk so that's why it is not in the same pools as IXC.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
February 08, 2014, 04:36:57 PM

Anybody have any ideas why i0Coin was so unstable and even died when it was simply an exact clone of IXC?  The only difference was that it had no premine.  Isn't that right?  So why has IXC been so incredibly stable, with no forking and never dying while i0Coin had so many problems.

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
February 08, 2014, 04:25:42 AM

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
February 08, 2014, 03:03:54 AM

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
February 08, 2014, 01:40:03 AM

Here's an interesting point.  We have only 20 total votes for this very important IXC poll. 

So how did we go from 20 to well over 100 in just 2 weeks?

Bizarre!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/reshaping-and-rebranding-the-ixcoin-432578
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124
Invest in your knowledge
February 07, 2014, 11:28:58 PM
I see Ixcoin has been listed on C-Cex:  https://c-cex.com/index.html?p=ixc-btc

Yes,  that's 3 exchanges.  Vircurex, Cryptsy and C-CEX.  CEX.IO I heard rumors that they will have something soon.

The problem though with IXC is the liqudity?  Where are the buyers and sellers?!  Say I wanted to buy 1% of IXC,  200,000 IXC... I can't find anyone selling that much anywhere.  Same with selling,  say I want to sell 200,000 IXC... I can't find that many buyers.

What's going on?  It is as if out of the 20 million IXC out there,  only less than 300,000 IXC is traded in exchanges.

Scarcity.

When the big flood of investors start seeing IX, the prices are going to skyrocket because there is such a low amount of supply.

Expect big big things from IX in the coming months

That's a good point but if this coin is such a dud, why isn't anyone selling it?  I don't think you see this same issue with similar coins like i0Coin and others.  Cause 18 million coins is way too much to be hoarded unless the ones hoarding have some kind of plan.

Smart Money

iX is very much alive behind the scenes. The major share holders are watching and waiting for the day. Because slowly as more people want to invest into a few hundred IX a few more will get taken off the markets. Pretty soon you are left with scraps, at the point were ix can't support the amount of smart money and just takes off from there.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
February 07, 2014, 11:09:34 PM

Luke is active behind the scenes. 

I like.

He's added a new twitter account:  _iXcoin.

I still can't believe we can't get the dot org site back or the iXcoin twitter account from Thomas.  Can the guy be that selfish to not give those up? 
Activity: 409
Merit: 252
February 07, 2014, 06:47:45 PM

Yes,  that's 3 exchanges.  Vircurex, Cryptsy and C-CEX.  CEX.IO I heard rumors that they will have something soon.

The problem though with IXC is the liqudity?  Where are the buyers and sellers?!  Say I wanted to buy 1% of IXC,  200,000 IXC... I can't find anyone selling that much anywhere.  Same with selling,  say I want to sell 200,000 IXC... I can't find that many buyers.

What's going on?  It is as if out of the 20 million IXC out there,  only less than 300,000 IXC is traded in exchanges.

Scarcity.

When the big flood of investors start seeing IX, the prices are going to skyrocket because there is such a low amount of supply.

That's a good point but if this coin is such a dud, why isn't anyone selling it?  I don't think you see this same issue with similar coins like i0Coin and others.  Cause 18 million coins is way too much to be hoarded unless the ones hoarding have some kind of plan.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124
Invest in your knowledge
February 07, 2014, 06:34:16 PM

Scarcity.

legendary
February 07, 2014, 06:32:49 PM
I see Ixcoin has been listed on C-Cex:  https://c-cex.com/index.html?p=ixc-btc

Yes,  that's 3 exchanges.  Vircurex, Cryptsy and C-CEX.  CEX.IO I heard rumors that they will have something soon.

The problem though with IXC is the liqudity?  Where are the buyers and sellers?!  Say I wanted to buy 1% of IXC,  200,000 IXC... I can't find anyone selling that much anywhere.  Same with selling,  say I want to sell 200,000 IXC... I can't find that many buyers.

What's going on?  It is as if out of the 18 million IXC out there,  only less than 300,000 IXC is traded in exchanges!
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
February 07, 2014, 06:28:42 PM
Activity: 409
Merit: 252
February 07, 2014, 06:11:17 PM

We haven't heard from Luke for almost a week.  Anybody have any updates? 

Thanks.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
February 07, 2014, 02:24:43 PM

Whoever is doing this also really likes i0Coin.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
February 07, 2014, 12:33:35 PM
Our "Big BTCrother" isn't feeling so well.  Cheesy

lol, I saw that.  Looks like Mt Gox had something to do with it.
Activity: 139
Merit: 100
February 07, 2014, 09:25:13 AM
Our "Big BTCrother" isn't feeling so well.  Cheesy
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
February 07, 2014, 02:40:24 AM

Wow, iXcoin on a tear with almost 100 votes.  Where is all this attention for IXC coming from? 

Actually, it is indeed weird.  Why would IXC need to be in yet another exchange like OpenEx?   It makes sense to on say a Chinese exchange or a European one,  but OpenEx?   I am not too impressed with this development.

Don't we want to be on as many exchanges as possible?  You know, like BTC? 

Remember, 6 months ago Cryptsy was a new small exchange and look now.  I would love to see IXC on as many exchanges as possible.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
February 07, 2014, 02:38:56 AM

I've got one more crazy theory and it's simple:  LUKE.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
February 07, 2014, 02:38:15 AM

Could this be sock puppets?  We've just never had them before though.

Interesting thing; a couple days ago a twitter character by the name of Cinnamon_Carter followed me and even wrote me asking about where to get an iXcoin wallet.

Thing is, he/she has nearly 70,000 followers.  I'm a newbie and I have a loud mouth, people with 70,000 followers aren't gonna follow me.  And they're not gonna have an interest in an unknown coin.

So I don't know what to think - maybe we finally grabbed someone's attention, someone with connections or deep pockets.  God knows I've tweeted CEO's and billionaires and hedge fund managers about IXC. 

Lol, shamelessly!

And I have a feeling this Cinnamon Character is a woman which is even more interesting cause most crypto investors are men, but that's just a guess.
Jump to: