Pages:
Author

Topic: JKC - The Scrypt Coin with Super Blocks - page 5. (Read 33144 times)

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
There is a new version of JKC on github!

This is not a mandatory update, although it does have some nice changes.

1. Graphics have been changed over to the new coin design.

2 .New checkpoints have been added.

3. I have started the conversion to using the label "JKC" instead of "Junkcoin".

4. Future DNS seed has been added.

I will work on getting binaries published to the web site, however compiling Linux source into Windows binaries has never been a strong point of mine. If I could get a volunteer that I know to compile Windows binaries, that would be great.

Remember the new official github is https://github.com/Hartland/JKC

legendary
Activity: 1124
Merit: 1013
ParalleCoin's ruler from the shadow
Back on the road Smiley
legendary
The new and improved JKC pool is up and running.

The new code base is much more efficient and reliable then the old code base.

URL and ports are the same as before.

jkc.cryptocoinmine.com

port 8080 for stratum

port 8339 for LP

You will need to re-register as the database structure is different, and much more efficient, then the old database.

I have also lowered the required confirms to 10!!

legendary
All payouts (save 1, waiting for a payout address) have been made from the JKC pool on CryptoCoin Mine.

The problem that I was having on the DGC pool did not seem to effect the JKC pool. However, I have found a newer and much more efficient mmcFE code base that I will be using for the pools.

The new code base uses a different database structure, so registering will be necessary when the pool comes back online.

Thank You

Robert

Activity: 770
Merit: 605
Yes, I think someone posted a table for all the superblocks of JKC, but no one seems care about it. Also, even you know the location, people may get it before you, since you don't control the whole network.
Activity: 493
Merit: 500
Hooray for non-equilibrium thermodynamics!
Ah, I thought so. It was a comparison of the JKC and LKY code that made me think more carefully about this in the first place. Does this call for a fork? I guess there's no guarantee that you will mine a particular block (rather than a competitor) even if you know its value, but it would be good to get it working right.
Activity: 770
Merit: 605
yes i think you are right, this is predictable as you can pre-calculate based on the the block number. An improved way is implemented in the luckycoin (see its github source) where the seed is from previous hash, so unless you solve the previous block, you can not predict the outcome of the # of coins.
Activity: 493
Hooray for non-equilibrium thermodynamics!
I may be misunderstanding this, but is there a problem with the way that the JKC code generates random super blocks, which makes it possible to predict when all of the super blocks will occur in the future? The random number generator in main.cpp (below) generates a deterministic random number based on a particular seed value.

int static generateMTRandom(int s, int range)
    {
        random::mt19937 gen(s);
        random::uniform_int_distribution<> dist(1, range);
        return dist(gen);
    }

This is called later when determining the block rewards (below), but using the block height as the seed value. By using a seed value like the block height that can be known for each block in advance isn't it possible to predict which blocks will be super blocks and what their value will be?

int rand = generateMTRandom(nHeight, 100000);
    // printf("===>> nHeight = %d, Rand = %d\n", nHeight, rand);

if(rand > 99990)
    {
    nSubsidy = 1000 * COIN;
    }
    else if (rand < 1001)
    {
    nSubsidy *= 3;
    }

Apologies if I've got this wrong (or if it is well known), I'm not a good c++ programmer, but a bit of quick and dirty test code seems to suggest that this might be the case. If this is right, is it worth an update that changes the seed value to something like the previous block's hash?
Activity: 448
Merit: 130
3D-Printing goes Blockchain!
Activity: 492
Activity: 448
Merit: 130
3D-Printing goes Blockchain!
can anyone recommend an exchange to sell jkc?
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
Birb.co Bounty and Airdrop Manager
I have been tinkering around with the cosmetics of CCE.

Check out the look of the homepage. http://cryptocoinexplorer.com/

I also applied the same sort of theme to the JKC explorer. http://jkc.cryptocoinexplorer.com/

Let me know what you think. If it looks good, I will apply the theme to all the explorers.

Nice design
legendary
I have been tinkering around with the cosmetics of CCE.

Check out the look of the homepage. http://cryptocoinexplorer.com/

I also applied the same sort of theme to the JKC explorer. http://jkc.cryptocoinexplorer.com/

Let me know what you think. If it looks good, I will apply the theme to all the explorers.

Activity: 672
Merit: 501
TY dream!
legendary
jkc.cryptocoinmine.com now has a LP port.

Port 8339

jkc.cryptocoinmine.com:8339  for Long Poll

jkc.cryptocoinmine.com:8080 for stratum

See, I am no flirt. It make take a little bit for me to get things done among my list of 10000 things I need to get done, but the important stuff does get done.  Tongue

@dreamwatcher

Thanks for the info, I got cgminer running as solo miner but indeed I need the pushpool.

Funning the miner for few minutes and only getting rejected blocks:

[P]ool management [G]PU management [S)ettings [D]isplay options [Q]uit
GPU 0:  75.0C 2575RPM | 475.6M/513.3Mh/s | A:0 R:111 HW:0 U:0.00/m I: 6
GPU 1:  77.0C 3333RPM | 522.3M/526.6Mh/s | A:0 R: 84 HW:0 U:0.00/m I: 8

So already @200 rejected blocks.

Is there an other way to use a pushpool? I don't have linux installed and don't have the knowledge to do so. I'm running Windows 7, perhaps you know any software for W7 to run a pushpool?

Or can longpoling from a pool server be used?

I believe almost all, if not all pool software, is written around Linux.

CGminer will use the long poll from a pool in your pool list, if you are solo mining (I have not tested it on stratum only pools, like the one I run jkc.cryptocoinmine.com). As with most pools you will have to register so Cgminer can grab the LP (If it is available on a stratum only pool, I never looked into it).

If worse comes to worse, I can set up a pushpool on  jkc.cryptocoinmine.com, so miners can use its' LP, and cuda miners can mine there as well.

god your a flirt... you say that to all of us cuda miners ( I had to give up on gamecoin finally... not getting anywhere solo on that LOL )

Cheesy Cheesy

Ok OK , I also received a request for pushpool in a PM as well. I will work on it today.  Tongue

legendary
@dreamwatcher

Thanks for the info, I got cgminer running as solo miner but indeed I need the pushpool.

GPU 0:  75.0C 2575RPM | 475.6M/513.3Mh/s | A:0 R:111 HW:0 U:0.00/m I: 6
GPU 1:  77.0C 3333RPM | 522.3M/526.6Mh/s | A:0 R: 84 HW:0 U:0.00/m I: 8

Is there an other way to use a pushpool? I don't have linux installed and don't have the knowledge to do so. I'm running Windows 7, perhaps you know any software for W7 to run a pushpool?

CGminer will use the long poll from a pool in your pool list, if you are solo mining (I have not tested it on stratum only pools, like the one I run jkc.cryptocoinmine.com). As with most pools you will have to register so Cgminer can grab the LP (If it is available on a stratum only pool, I never looked into it).

If worse comes to worse, I can set up a pushpool on  jkc.cryptocoinmine.com, so miners can use its' LP, and cuda miners can mine there as well.

god your a flirt... you say that to all of us cuda miners ( I had to give up on gamecoin finally... not getting anywhere solo on that LOL )

Cheesy Cheesy

Ok OK , I also received a request for pushpool in a PM as well. I will work on it today.  Tongue
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
@dreamwatcher

GPU 0:  75.0C 2575RPM | 475.6M/513.3Mh/s | A:0 R:111 HW:0 U:0.00/m I: 6
GPU 1:  77.0C 3333RPM | 522.3M/526.6Mh/s | A:0 R: 84 HW:0 U:0.00/m I: 8

If worse comes to worse, I can set up a pushpool on  jkc.cryptocoinmine.com, so miners can use its' LP, and cuda miners can mine there as well.

Activity: 980
I think I have it running with the p2pool which BrewCrewFan posted.

Or am I mistaken? Here is my cgminer overview:

cgminer version 2.11.3 - Started: [2013-05-25 21:30:07]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 (5s):1.016G (avg):1.007Gh/s | Q:66  A:0  R:24  HW:0  E:0%  U:0.0/m
 ST: 6  SS: 0  DW: 5  NB: 2  LW: 12  GF: 0  RF: 0  WU: 0.0
 Connected to 127.0.0.1 diff 0 without LP as user EnJoyThis.1
 Block: 93d60931c6b5a12b...  Diff:1  Started: [21:31:01]  Best share: 40
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 GPU 0:  69.0C 3353RPM | 491.2M/491.4Mh/s | A:0 R:14 HW:0 U:0.00/m I: 6
 GPU 1:  71.0C 4175RPM | 525.2M/524.5Mh/s | A:0 R:10 HW:0 U:0.00/m I: 6

[2013-05-25 21:30:52] Rejected 345c1ce6 Diff 4/0 BLOCK! GPU 0 pool 0
 [2013-05-25 21:30:56] Found block for pool 0!
 [2013-05-25 21:30:56] Rejected e653b119 Diff 1/0 BLOCK! GPU 1 pool 0
 [2013-05-25 21:31:01] New block detected on network
 [2013-05-25 21:31:04] Found block for pool 0!
 [2013-05-25 21:31:04] Rejected 5fa4e033 Diff 2/0 BLOCK! GPU 1 pool 0
 [2013-05-25 21:31:06] Block change for http://127.0.0.1:9772 detection via http
://jkc.sytes.net:19327 stratum
 [2013-05-25 21:31:08] Found block for pool 0!
 [2013-05-25 21:31:08] Rejected 2fb1f166 Diff 5/0 BLOCK! GPU 1 pool 0
 [2013-05-25 21:31:23] Found block for pool 0!
 [2013-05-25 21:31:23] Rejected 5bc4d3b9 Diff 2/0 BLOCK! GPU 1 pool 0
legendary
I have try to install Junkcoin on CentOS 6.4, but have no luck.
When do "make -f makefile.unix junkcoind"  I get :

Code:
/bin/sh ../share/genbuild.sh obj/build.h
g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DUSE_IPV6 -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -I/home/jkc/JKC/src -I/home/jkc/JKC/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/checkpoints.d -o obj/checkpoints.o checkpoints.cpp
In file included from main.h:12,
                 from checkpoints.cpp:12:
key.h:17:49: warning: openssl/ec.h: No such file or directory
In file included from main.h:12,
                 from checkpoints.cpp:12:
key.h:113: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘EC_KEY’ with no type
key.h:113: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token
make: *** [obj/checkpoints.o] Error 1

Does anyone know something about it?
My final goal is to make local JKC pool, but as I did not succeed installing even junkcoind I did not get far with plan.
I have try same with Ubuntu 11.10 but get similar results.

The only Linux problems I have had is with Ubuntu 13.04.

shorten your compile line a bit.

I always just use
Code:
make -f makefile.unix

If you have miniupnpc & libupnpc-dev installed

Otherwise

Code:
make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=-

USE_UPNP=0 still requires the miniupnpc libraries as it will compile them, but turn it off by default at run time.

I noticed this as well

Code:
key.h:17:49: warning: openssl/ec.h: No such file or directory

Make sure you have:
Code:
libcurl4-openssl-dev
installed
legendary
@dreamwatcher

GPU 0:  75.0C 2575RPM | 475.6M/513.3Mh/s | A:0 R:111 HW:0 U:0.00/m I: 6
GPU 1:  77.0C 3333RPM | 522.3M/526.6Mh/s | A:0 R: 84 HW:0 U:0.00/m I: 8

Pages:
Jump to: