Author

Topic: KanoPool kano.is lowest 0.9% fee 🐈 since 2014 - Worldwide - 2432 blocks - page 2227. (Read 5350247 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
My hashrate stabilized to correct ghs after the first 6 hours. All looks great.

I do have something for the suggestion box(or I may be doing something wrong) we need some type of cookie or something for the dashboard so I don't have to keep putting my username and password in every time I want to check my stats. I use android only(other than pi's) and made a shortcut like I do with my other pools, but still have to log in ckpool almost every time.
Yeah it's a php session timeout - on the server I've got it at the php/apache default of 24 minutes.
If you access the web page less than 24 minutes between each time, the php session in the browser should still be alive.
I see that happen all the time myself also, but don't think it's a good idea to have it much longer.

I can extend the session time to 1hr if no one has any objections, but I'm not really keen to have it much longer.

No real reason to be so short most polls leave you logged in for 24 hours.

I use 99999 minutes on the forum..

M
Activity: 57
Merit: 0

I do have something for the suggestion box(or I may be doing something wrong) we need some type of cookie or something for the dashboard so I don't have to keep putting my username and password in every time I want to check my stats. I use android only(other than pi's) and made a shortcut like I do with my other pools, but still have to log in ckpool almost every time.
Yeah it's a php session timeout - on the server I've got it at the php/apache default of 24 minutes.
If you access the web page less than 24 minutes between each time, the php session in the browser should still be alive.
I see that happen all the time myself also, but don't think it's a good idea to have it much longer.

I can extend the session time to 1hr if no one has any objections, but I'm not really keen to have it much longer.

No real reason to be so short most polls leave you logged in for 24 hours.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Brainwashed this way
^ Oh no, if it's security related, I don't mind signing back in. 24 minutes is fine.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

Brainwashed this way

legendary
I've added another section in the opening post:

Transactions
The pool will mine any and all transactions that the standard bitcoind will accept.
The relevant setting I currently use in bitcoin.conf is:
 blockmaxsize=850000
I do not currently change the default on any other of the txn control options, I do not blacklist addresses, I do not prioritise transactions for any companies.
If this should ever change, I will post the full details when I do the change with the reasons why.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
luck seems quite good --- makes me wonder about some larger pools and if they are being 'attacked' with selfish mining/block witholding.....

It's mathematically impossible to get more than 100% over a long period of time.  It is incredibly lucky that this pool is doing so well ... at some point luck will turn.  

M

EDIT: That's assuming someone didn't find a way to magically find blocks.  That's highly unlikely (presumably impossible), of course.  If so, it's the end of Bitcoin as we know it.

M

You can send 500th of dead hash (due to poorly written code) at a pool and hurt it.
  Was done to btcguild  was supposed to be an accident.  So if I was a huge attacker I could attack the bigger pools with false hash.  This would benefit the pools I don't attack.  Thus if I had 100ph of false hash on the network right now spread between every pool but kano's kano would have great luck.  Would cost me a fortune to do unless I have  a better hashing machine then anyone in the world.  I don't .
 The only true protection against this attack is to solo mine.

I do some solo mining at ck's solo pool. I mine here because Kano and CK deserve our support.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
My machines are at MiningRigRentals dot com - And I rent there too for Kano pool, no problems so far.
Brainwashed this way
^ you guys are great!!!
legendary
Yep - that's why the change is needed, Con has already done the ckpool changes in a branch, for me to just use his worker level stats (which is more accurate than the way I add the userstats info together), so I'll catch up with the ckdb changes soon.
Brainwashed this way
^ same here(3 hours in).... my hashrate keeps going up and then way down(pool side). I guess it will stable within 24 hours.
Activity: 471
Also, how often will the "Workers" menu update to see each rigs stats (Hash rate, etc.)?
Currently, hash rate updates about once every 10 minutes (that will change to 1m in the future)
Everything else is instantaneous e.g. you'll notice that "Last Share" can say 0s.

An observation ... moved some S3's over to the pool earlier today, and it's taken about 3 hours before they are showing their correct individual hash rate.

However, my expected combined total hash rate shown was pretty spot on after 30 minutes.

Spondoolies miners show their correct individual hash rate much quicker.

All are on stratum+tcp://stratum81.kano.is:81

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
luck seems quite good --- makes me wonder about some larger pools and if they are being 'attacked' with selfish mining/block witholding.....

It's mathematically impossible to get more than 100% over a long period of time.  It is incredibly lucky that this pool is doing so well ... at some point luck will turn.  

EDIT: That's assuming someone didn't find a way to magically find blocks.  That's highly unlikely (presumably impossible), of course.  If so, it's the end of Bitcoin as we know it.
Well I wrote all the mining code in ckpool and it's all available for public download. The code we're running is identical to what's on git (though usually an older form since we minimise the number of restarts to not affect miners). I can tell you we're not doing anything magical

Yes we have been lucky but there is nothing that will guarantee we can maintain that. We will have bad luck in the future, it is guaranteed, but things always even out over time and that's no reason not to enjoy the runs of luck.
legendary

It's mathematically unlikely to get more than 100% over a long period of time.  It is incredibly lucky that this pool is doing so well ... at some point luck will turn.  

M

EDIT: That's assuming someone didn't find a way to magically find blocks.  That's highly unlikely (presumably impossible), of course.  If so, it's the end of Bitcoin as we know it.

M
FTFY Smiley
legendary

M

EDIT: That's assuming someone didn't find a way to magically find blocks.  That's highly unlikely (presumably impossible), of course.  If so, it's the end of Bitcoin as we know it.

M
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
Activity: 195
Merit: 100
Mining since bitcoin was $1
in regards to rentals.  I tried to use the standard stratum pool from leaserig, but the port 81 did.  It seemed to be a bit flakey - but likley entirely on leaserig's end.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Can you mine here with rented hash from westhash?
I don't see why it would be an issue if the poster below you was able to rent hashrate for the pool on another site.

I've rented from betarigs without issues, but when I tried westhash I get this error "Remote pool extranonce size too big". There are times when westhash cost a lot less to rent from...
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Legitmate Question about calculations in the pool:

Can someone explain to me about shares?

One would think the S4 would have more shares than the S3's?  I'm curious why not?  Yes, the block percentage is higher than the rest but not the shares.  Just curious why?  Trying to learn.

The S4 is worker_17...

It's called variable difficulty.  The S4 has a higher share difficulty than your S3s, ending up in fewer, yet higher value shares, submitted.

M

Hence, the higher block % based on variable difficulty of the shares [not hash rate], thank you for the answer.

Appreciate it!

it is based on both ( shares hashed) x  (difficulty of the share )        

3 x 4 = 12   vs   3 x 1 = 3  

in your case

1721 shares x 3,500,000 =  .148 % of the block  for the  s4   about .00148 x 25 = .037 coins
1875 shares x    850,000 =  .036% of  the block for the  s3   about  .00036 x 25 = .009 coins      all very rough numbers due to rounding

this assumes they both hashed the entire block .
legendary
Legitmate Question about calculations in the pool:

Can someone explain to me about shares?

One would think the S4 would have more shares than the S3's?  I'm curious why not?  Yes, the block percentage is higher than the rest but not the shares.  Just curious why?  Trying to learn.

The S4 is worker_17...

It's called variable difficulty.  The S4 has a higher share difficulty than your S3s, ending up in fewer, yet higher value shares, submitted.

M
Jump to: