Author

Topic: KanoPool kano.is lowest 0.9% fee 🐈 since 2014 - Worldwide - 2432 blocks - page 2230. (Read 5350247 times)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10
yeah... another block found 329931
nice...
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
FYI I am running 3 tubes no problem. Just pointed them to a windows server running bfgminer in proxy pointed here. Works great has been up 5 days 18 hours so far no problems.
Activity: 351
Merit: 250
question.  to ck do you think you will set this pool to allow for the asicminer  prisma .  no biggie if you don't . 

If they still have the same problem as the original, yep it wont work on the settings I'm running ckpool.
The original ignores some of the pool settings and thus if the pool doesn't match the tube settings, it wont work.
That's why ckolivas has extra tube solo pool instances, the extra hacked to match the tube.

ckdb doesn't yet support multiple ckpools talking to it.

Long term plan, but not any time soon.

Ugh! I guess all my hopes reside in Sidehack to figure a way to proxy them to you.   
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
question.  to ck do you think you will set this pool to allow for the asicminer  prisma .  no biggie if you don't . 

If they still have the same problem as the original, yep it wont work on the settings I'm running ckpool.
The original ignores some of the pool settings and thus if the pool doesn't match the tube settings, it wont work.
That's why ckolivas has extra tube solo pool instances, the extra hacked to match the tube.

Long term plan, but not any time soon.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
blocks blocks blocks and more to come. coins are still up around 415usd.  I think I will have a nice holiday season.

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
Luck would be how many tries before solving the hash with a 38B diff.  If I understand this correctly, doesn't the 594M diff mean that there weren't as many leading zeroes to the hash as to what was supposedly required?

Or does it mean that I have a chance for a 2.5M best share being the correct answer?  At which point I question what is the 38B diff.
The listing of 594M diff means 594 million diff1 share equivalents, it doesn't mean the share itself was only 594M or it wouldn't have solved the block as you correctly said.

Great. Thanks for the quick reply.  I understand now.  The 594M was just how many diff1 equivalent shares had been submitted when it was solved.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
And another block for good measure  Grin

I was developing on a rig at the time I spotted this:

Code:
 [2014-11-13 16:45:58] Pool 0 message: Block 329896 solved by ckpool!
 [2014-11-13 16:45:59] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block

Pool console output was still up showing this:
Code:
[2014-11-14 10:46:01] Possible block solve diff 48144757906.104950 !
[2014-11-14 10:46:01] Submitting block data!
[2014-11-14 10:46:02] BLOCK ACCEPTED!
[2014-11-14 10:46:02] Solved and confirmed block 329896

https://blockchain.info/tx/50a545448349cf7b6982593185f1657d599a7f9d38e1887e311b4b19fd2a5f6c

EDIT: Confirmed
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Would it be better to run it in passthru proxy or standalone?  I've used it as standalone for some other pools before.  It worked pretty well.  Way easier than having 40 smaller miners opening their own connections.
Passthrough is really only designed for the server end as it is simply designed to collate connections into one. Clients (users) should be using the proxy mode themselves if they wish to consolidate their connections to the pool so as to set up only one pool for all of their devices.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Luck would be how many tries before solving the hash with a 38B diff.  If I understand this correctly, doesn't the 594M diff mean that there weren't as many leading zeroes to the hash as to what was supposedly required?

Or does it mean that I have a chance for a 2.5M best share being the correct answer?  At which point I question what is the 38B diff.
The listing of 594M diff means 594 million diff1 share equivalents, it doesn't mean the share itself was only 594M or it wouldn't have solved the block as you correctly said.
legendary
Silly question, but inquiring minds want to know. How do we get a 594M diff solution if the network is requiring 38B?
Luck 😉

Or does it mean that I have a chance for a 2.5M best share being the correct answer?  At which point I question what is the 38B diff.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Decentralize your hashing - p2pool - Norgz Pool
Silly question, but inquiring minds want to know. How do we get a 594M diff solution if the network is requiring 38B?
Luck 😉
legendary
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Added CDF in case anyone wants it and understands it Smiley
Calculation courtesy of organofcorti - thanks!
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Its really convenient to be able to check confirmations without logging in too.
legendary
Just added a public Pool->Blocks menu so non-members can see the awesomeness of our past luck on the web site without having to login Cheesy
legendary
Hi Kano,

Just wanted to let you know something about "REGISTERING."

The first time I registered under the user name "Proud Clown" [with a space], my rigs never did want to connect to your pool with Proud Clown_worker1 in my S3's.

When I went back in and created another account with the user name "ProudClown" [no space], my rigs connected just fine with ProudClown_worker1 in my S3's.

When registering, it never told me I could not use a space.  I was quite happy at first because it appeared that I could WHEN REGISTERING.  However, when I entered my worker name with a space in my worker box in "miner configuration" it would not connect.  It was dead every time.

So, when you have the time [which I know that is limited at the moment] you might want to look into making it where people cannot register with a user name with a space in it.

Proud Clown
I'd guess you missed putting quotes around it like "Proud Clown_worker1" for cgminer?

I've registered a username on my home test pool with a space and it works ok for me - so that's probably the reason.

Yeah the home pool is the same thing - it's where I test changes also before they go live - so far I'm 1.85% of a block on my home pool since I started writing ckdb Smiley
Though that keeps going down ... since I don't mine much there ... diff rises make it go down each time - I think it was above 2% once.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'

dodo dood dood dood another one bites the dust, and another one down and another one down, another one bites the dust......
yep  and the blocks keep coming plus coins are now 420 usd!!

having an issue with a new long tube that came in today.  I have it running at www.mmpool.org  but can't get it to run here.    using minera will post a screen shot after supper.

no worries then I will move  some other miners around to you.
legendary

dodo dood dood dood another one bites the dust, and another one down and another one down, another one bites the dust......
yep  and the blocks keep coming plus coins are now 420 usd!!

having an issue with a new long tube that came in today.  I have it running at www.mmpool.org  but can't get it to run here.    using minera will post a screen shot after supper.

Jump to: