Pages:
Author

Topic: Key Points about the Jewish religion - page 4. (Read 4239 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
August 11, 2014, 10:57:20 AM
I guess I have a love-hate relationship with religion. I find it interesting philosophy-wise, but I do not agree with some of it.
I am totally fascinated and infatuated with religion.

It's like a Stephen king book...I know that shit didn't happen but DAMN it's an awesome story to read!!
That is how Orthodox Jews in general, and Orthodox Israelis in particular, refer to God.I am glad that we are both interested in religion. Religion is interesting.I do not know who the Messiah is and when he/she is coming.
August 11, 2014, 10:56:11 AM
Activity: 350
August 11, 2014, 10:46:14 AM
A Rabbi once told me that if you pick a random letter on a page of the Torah, for example, the third letter on the first paragraph of page 1, and read that third letter of paragraph 1 of every page, then it makes a new story. Is that true? That would be remarkable if that was true.
if you do it with the king james bible you get ...

dkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibk djndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfi vutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgq qrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznft   igopblm dvnhgq qrzczttb rsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrz qgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggi bkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsj fivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnh gqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtszn ftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcw rzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpg gibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbr sjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdv nhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjts znftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesr cwrzqg dkdsjtsznf tigopblmdvn hgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbt   pggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzcztt brsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblm dvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsj tsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjnde srcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvm btpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzcz ttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopb lmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkd sjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjn desrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivut vmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrz czttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigo pblmdvnhg qqrzczt  tbrsjf ivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgd kdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkd jndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfiv utvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqq rzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznfti gopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzq gdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggib kdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjf ivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhg qqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznf tigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwr zqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpgg ibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrs jfivutv mbtpg gibkdjnd esrcwrz qgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvn hgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsz nftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrc wrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtp ggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttb rsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmd vnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjt sznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndes rcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmb tpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczt tbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopbl mdvnhgqq rzczttbrsj fivutvmbt pggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkds jtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjnd esrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutv mbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzc zttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigop blmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdk dsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdj ndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivu tvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqr zczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftig opblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqg dkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibk djndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfi vutvmbtp ggibkdjnde srcwrzq gdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgq qrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznft igopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrz qgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggi bkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsj fivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnh gqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtszn ftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcw rzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpg gibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbr sjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdv nhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjts znftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesr cwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbt pggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzcztt brsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblm dvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsj tsznftig opblmdv nhgqqrz czttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjnde srcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvm btpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzcz ttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopb lmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkd sjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjn desrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivut vmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrz czttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigo pblmdvnh gqqrzczt tbrsjfivut vmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgd kdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkd jndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfiv utvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqq rzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznfti gopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzq gdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggib kdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjf ivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhg qqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznf tigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwr zqgdkdsjts znftigopblm dvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpgg ibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrs jfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvn hgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsz nftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrc wrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtp ggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttb rsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmd vnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjt sznftigop blmdvnhg qqrzczttb rsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndes rcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmb tpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczt tbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopbl mdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkds jtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjnd esrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutv mbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzc zttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigop blmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdk dsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdj ndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivu tvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqr zczttbrsj fivutvmb tpggibkdj ndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftig opblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqg dkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibk djndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfi vutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgq qrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznft igopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrz qgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggi bkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsj fivutvmbtp ggibkdjnde srcwrz qgd  kdsjtsznftigopblmdvnh gqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtszn ftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcw rzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpg gibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbr sjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdv nhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjts znftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesr cwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbt pggibkdjn desrcwr zqgdkds jtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzcztt brsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblm dvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsj tsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjnde srcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvm btpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzcz ttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopb lmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkd sjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjn desrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivut vmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrz czttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigo pblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgd kdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkd jndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfiv utvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqq rzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznfti gopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzq gdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggib kdjndesrcwr zqgdkd sjtsznfti gopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjf ivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhg qqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznf tigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwr zqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpgg ibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrs jfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvn hgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsz nftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrc wrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtp ggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttb rsjfivutv mbtpggi bkdjndes rcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmd vnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjt sznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndes rcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmb tpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczt tbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopbl mdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkds jtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjnd esrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutv mbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzc zttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigop blmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdk dsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdj ndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivu tvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqr zczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftig opblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqg dkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibk djndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfi vutvmbtpggi bkdjn desrcwr zqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgq qrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznft igopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrz qgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggi bkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsj fivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnh gqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtszn ftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcw rzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpg gibkdjndesr cwrzqgdkd sjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbr sjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdv nhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjts znftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesr cwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbt pggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzcztt brsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblm dvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsj tsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjnde srcwrzqgdk dsjtsznftig opblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvm btpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzcz ttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopb lmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkd sjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjn desrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivut vmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrz czttbrsjfivut vmbtpggibk djndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigo pblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgd kdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkd jndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfiv utvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqq rzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznfti gopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzq gdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggib kdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjf ivutvmbtpggib kdjndesrcwrz qgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhg qqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznf tigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwr zqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpgg ibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrs jfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvn hgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsz nftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrc wrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtp ggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttb rsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmd vnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjt sznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndes rcwrzqg
jndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfiv utvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznftigopblmdvnhgqq rzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzqgdkdsjtsznfti gopblmdvnhgqqrzczttbrsjfivutvmbtpggibkdjndesrcwrzq gdkdsjtsznft       opblmvnh
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
August 11, 2014, 10:39:59 AM
I guess I have a love-hate relationship with religion. I find it interesting philosophy-wise, but I do not agree with some of it.

It's like a Stephen king book...I know that shit didn't happen but DAMN it's an awesome story to read!!

when you read the history behind it its even more fascinating.
August 11, 2014, 10:38:22 AM

August 11, 2014, 10:33:09 AM
We write G-d, or HaShem. HaShem is Hebrew for The Name.
so it's kind of like voldemort then?

Nobody uses his name, so when you say "he whose name shall not be spoken" everyone knows who you're talking about?
August 11, 2014, 10:25:41 AM
I thought when the temple is rebuilt messiah will come .Which is conveniently on one of the holiest Islamic sites lol.

well maybe not the messiah but they may end up hastening the apocalypse if they start tearing down holy Islamic sites.
It could actually happen one way or the other. The Messiah can come first or the Temple can come first.

The location of the Temple is on the third holiest site of Islam. That's true.

You hit the nail on the head of why the situation is so volatile. Israel controls Judaism's number one holy site, but it also controls Islam's number three holy site. And both are the same site. So Jerusalem is a major part of the conflict.

you would think that.. but it actually that Islamic Holy site (the Dome of the rock) has been there for 1300+ years and it wasn't the source of conflict between Jews/Christians/Muslims until Zionists showed up and started pushing the Palestinians off their land.
despite what people say about the religious aspects these conflicts are almost entirely political and modern inventions.
Even during the crusades 1100-1300 AD the fighting between Muslims and Christians was primarily politically motivated.
August 11, 2014, 10:21:06 AM
I thought when the temple is rebuilt messiah will come .Which is conveniently on one of the holiest Islamic sites lol.

well maybe not the messiah but they may end up hastening the apocalypse if they start tearing down holy Islamic sites.
It could actually happen one way or the other. The Messiah can come first or the Temple can come first.

The location of the Temple is on the third holiest site of Islam. That's true.

You hit the nail on the head of why the situation is so volatile. Israel controls Judaism's number one holy site, but it also controls Islam's number three holy site. And both are the same site. So Jerusalem is a major part of the conflict.
August 11, 2014, 10:15:40 AM
A Rabbi once told me that if you pick a random letter on a page of the Torah, for example, the third letter on the first paragraph of page 1, and read that third letter of paragraph 1 of every page, then it makes a new story. Is that true? That would be remarkable if that was true.

sounds like he was trying to explain that you can make up whatever story you want if you just pick random parts of the book.
developing your imagination-remarkable but a bit dangerous in the same time.
August 11, 2014, 10:14:29 AM

well maybe not the messiah but they may end up hastening the apocalypse/Armageddon if they start tearing down holy Islamic sites.
I'm pretty sure that's what bush was aiming for when he attacked Iraq...

"Fire will come down from God, out of heaven and devour Gog and Magog" one of Bushes favorite lines in the holy book according to Former French President Jacque Chirac

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/andrewbrown/2009/aug/10/religion-george-bush

Activity: 448
August 11, 2014, 10:12:12 AM
August 11, 2014, 10:06:32 AM

sounds like he was trying to explain that you can make up whatever story you want if you just pick random parts of the book.
August 11, 2014, 10:05:26 AM
August 11, 2014, 09:58:30 AM
Now, for future reference, I am not religious, but am here to answer questions about the Jewish religion. Please nobody make any future posts about how I am waiting for the Messiah to come or other crazy nonsense like that. And yes, I think Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are beautiful religions. They are my favorite religions too. It is so interesting how people today are named after Biblical figures. How we use metaphors to this day that came from the Bible. Etc., etc., etc. But I do not believe in the actual divinity of the Bible. I want to read and memorize the Tanakh for historical reasons. I find it historically interesting. I have a Political Science Degree and find cultures and history very interesting. Also, I was deployed to Kuwait as a U.S. Army Soldier. I even visited Qatar while I was in Kuwait. And I have been to Israel twice. So I have been to three Middle Eastern countries and have a Political Science Degree. This makes Judaism, Christianity, Islam and their history even more important for my study.

you are better off reading history books, you will get a more balanced view and be able to see the real beauty of the different cultures.
what really bugs me is that so many of these religious fanatics all over the middle east.. (even in Isreal) are smashing and destroying thousands of years of cultural heritage just to satisfy their own small minded views.

what ISIS are doing in Iraq is just disgusting... trying to force people who don't convert to leave and then blowing up all their ancient monuments. If the Zionists in Israel become more radicalized they will try to do the same thing because it says so in the old testament.. worship only one god.. tear down their temples and burn their idols.. its the same book that ISIS are reading..

Deuteronomy 12:3

One Place for Worship
…2"You shall utterly destroy all the places where the nations whom you shall dispossess serve their gods, on the high mountains and on the hills and under every green tree. 3"You shall tear down their altars and smash their sacred pillars and burn their Asherim with fire, and you shall cut down the engraved images of their gods and obliterate their name from that place. 4"You shall not act like this toward the LORD your God.…

this is god calling for religious genocide...

August 11, 2014, 09:54:08 AM
Morality-wise, yes. No tattoos, don't be gay, don't listen to rap

lol are you serious?
I can think of more morally wrong things than those 3.. lolz.

August 11, 2014, 09:52:44 AM
Now, for future reference, I am not religious, but am here to answer questions about the Jewish religion. Please nobody make any future posts about how I am waiting for the Messiah to come or other crazy nonsense like that. And yes, I think Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are beautiful religions. They are my favorite religions too. It is so interesting how people today are named after Biblical figures. How we use metaphors to this day that came from the Bible. Etc., etc., etc. But I do not believe in the actual divinity of the Bible. I want to read and memorize the Tanakh for historical reasons. I find it historically interesting. I have a Political Science Degree and find cultures and history very interesting. Also, I was deployed to Kuwait as a U.S. Army Soldier. I even visited Qatar while I was in Kuwait. And I have been to Israel twice. So I have been to three Middle Eastern countries and have a Political Science Degree. This makes Judaism, Christianity, Islam and their history even more important for my study.
August 11, 2014, 09:49:13 AM
I have a copy of the Tanakh. I read the first couple books of the Torah, the first part of the Tanakh. I have not read the rest of it. Too lazy, I guess. I want to get it on audio book so I can listen to it in full. I think it is a great book, even better than Plato. Not equal to Plato, but even better, philosophy-wise. But I don't consider it to be the work of any God. I consider it to be the best work of humanity, when it comes to writing. But not the work of God.

I guess I have a love-hate relationship with religion. I find it interesting philosophy-wise, but I do not agree with some of it. Morality-wise, yes. No tattoos, don't be gay, don't listen to rap, don't cheat on your husband/wife, don't murder, etc. That I agree with. But praying and waiting for a Messiah that may never come is something I don't believe in because the book itself may very well be at least partially a work of fiction. A lot of it is historically accurate but the supernatural parts are most likely fake.
August 11, 2014, 09:45:26 AM
I'm going to break a rule here. In Judaism, when we speak of God, we don't write Elohim (His name), or God. We write G-d, or HaShem. HaShem is Hebrew for The Name. That is how we refer to God. We either write HaShem (The Name) or G-d. We do not write Elohim or God. Does that make more sense?

if it makes you happy....

I think the only time I will face any wrath by using gods name is if i use the wrong name in the wrong country. I think shouting Allah something something in an Israeli street or shouting Jehovah is awesome in northern Iraq could cause me a few problems. Tongue
August 11, 2014, 09:40:52 AM
The sooner every jew lovin mason is dead the sooner there will indeed be heaven on earth,

Freemasons aren't allied with Jews in some secret grand scheme, go study some history before you sprout some of that david icke conspiracy garbage.

FreeMasons were Teutons (returning Germanic knights from the crusades) the very same Teutons which the Nazis claimed as their heritage.

In reality Masons/Teutons, Nazis and Zionists are all ideologically opposed to each other..

sure there are some powerful figures in history who made deals between the different groups and even some people who crossed over but it doesn't make them united in some world domination plot.

if you want proof that there is no such thing as the new world order.. just look at the rise of china.. they are not affiliated with any of those groups and they will soon eclipse the USA and Europe in terms of financial and military power and there is nothing the Illuminati can do to stop them because the Illuminati does not exist (or if it does it is a very small player).
August 11, 2014, 09:37:59 AM

It is done so that G-d's name is not desecrated. If I delete this thread, then I desecrate G-d's name by essentially deleting His name. That is why I do it; for the religious thread.

If I make a thread about why I am secular, then I will write G-d out. But for purposes of explaining religion, I will write G-d.

God is not Yahweh's name so don't worry.. there is no Hebrew or Jewish text which mentions God as being the name of the Hebrew god. he/she wont get angry at you.
If you use violence or commit some other shameful act (like land stealing) against someone using god's name then he/she might get angry...

here is another interesting factoid.... God is cognate with Good (they both share the same linguistic origin).. so if you think using the word "God" is bad then you should also not use word "Good"

speaking of stealing land.. this is what orthodox Judaism has to say about stealing...

"Parshat Mishpatim outlines many of the laws regulating liability for causing harm to a person or his property. Our passage describes the punishment for theft. In general, a person who steals must pay back to the victim twofold the value of the stolen object. In other words, in addition to making restitution, the thief must make a further payment equal to the value of the stolen object."

http://www.ou.org/torah/parsha/rabbi-fox-on-parsha/parshat_mishpatim_2/

I think this is a Key point about the Jewish religion that many Israeli settlers ignore and this is why I am against the Israeli Settler movement.
I'm going to break a rule here. In Judaism, when we speak of God, we don't write Elohim (His name), or God. We write G-d, or HaShem. HaShem is Hebrew for The Name. That is how we refer to God. We either write HaShem (The Name) or G-d. We do not write Elohim or God. Does that make more sense?
Pages:
Jump to: