Pages:
Author

Topic: Key Points about the Jewish religion - page 6. (Read 4239 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 501
August 11, 2014, 07:05:59 AM
There are Ashkenazi Jews who share a similar genetic profile. There are Ethiopian Jews who share a similar genetic profile. And there are Middle Eastern and North African Jews who share a similar genetic profile. But Jews are not really a race but a people and a religion. That is the most important thing about the Jewish people. They are a people and a religion.
I read somewhere that Jews cannot be near the homeless because it could turn them poor, which is against the Jewish religion, nor can they walk under ladders .
I don't know much about that. Sorry.

Most Jews are not genetically tied, anyone can become a Jew if they desire so and they have the conviction to do so as it takes a while.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
August 11, 2014, 07:04:24 AM
There are Ashkenazi Jews who share a similar genetic profile. There are Ethiopian Jews who share a similar genetic profile. And there are Middle Eastern and North African Jews who share a similar genetic profile. But Jews are not really a race but a people and a religion. That is the most important thing about the Jewish people. They are a people and a religion.
I read somewhere that Jews cannot be near the homeless because it could turn them poor, which is against the Jewish religion, nor can they walk under ladders .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz-QMDPW5RM
Activity: 994
Merit: 441
August 11, 2014, 07:02:45 AM
race only exists in the minds of people differentiating people using skin colour, nose size, hair color, etc

these traits only use 0.00000001% of our genetic variations, however the same people ignore the 99.99999999% that unite us
Activity: 378
August 11, 2014, 06:58:59 AM
Activity: 588
Merit: 501
August 11, 2014, 06:58:10 AM
The points you've mentioned are shared between the 3 religions more or less one or two point, I don't think that these are key points, key points would be what makes someone a Jew, how Jews are to behave in society, and with the state....ect
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
August 11, 2014, 06:48:55 AM
From what I understand the Jews came up with monotheism in 600 B.C. when they took one of the babylonian g-----------------ds and made him above all others.

yahweh was originally a woman. a fertility goddess. similar the the ancient greek concept of Gaia..
gaia beceme zeus and yahweh became jehova (hebrew YHWH), deus (greek zeus/latin deus), god (germanic) and finally allah (arabic).

judaism changed the nature of yahweh.. just as Christianity changed the nature of god and islam changed the nature of god.

the idea of god has changed over time to suit the political needs and agendas of humans.

this is the key point about the Jewish religion and all other religions.
Activity: 448
August 11, 2014, 06:42:51 AM
August 11, 2014, 06:40:43 AM
What about cheapness? Are Jews more or less generous than Christians?
Christians 100% more with their time. Money is anyone's guess buy I have seen plenty of both ,I am christian but my father is Jewish. As is my wife and her family.
August 11, 2014, 06:35:30 AM
I would say Jewish people donate generously to charity. Also, many Jewish doctors work on cures to diseases and share them with the whole world.
Activity: 448
August 11, 2014, 06:31:41 AM
August 11, 2014, 06:30:24 AM
I think that Jews get citizenship within 24 hours, while non-Jews have a five year residency period before getting their citizenship. I could very well be wrong about this. Tizanabi is a better person to ask about this than me.

I am curious: Are most Chaldeans Christian? The ones I met are.
August 11, 2014, 06:16:35 AM
I ask because whenever he meets Hebrews they ask him where he is  from and he say's i am chaldean from iraq. They smile and say we are brothers and we share the same blood as we came from Abraham

August 11, 2014, 06:14:33 AM
I have to add:

Jews pray and do rituals before G-d not because G-d needs anything from us. G-d is perfect. He doesn't need anything. It is because it helps us know His greatness.

I forgot to add that on to Key Points. Sorry about that.
August 11, 2014, 06:12:51 AM
I know a chaldean from iraq from the same region where Abraham was from. (Nineveh).

Is it possible to get Israeli citizenship due to this lineage?
August 11, 2014, 06:09:31 AM
sounds to me like this G-d you speak of is limited .
But if G-d had a son and became a man, then he would be limiting himself to human form. G-d is everywhere at once. He does not limit himself by becoming a human.
wait now you are saying something different. you said before that he CANNOT take a human form, but now you say that he DOES NOT take a human form. Which is it.
It would limit God if he stopped being God and became a man, but I don't understand how having a son who is a man would limit God.
He does not take a human form. He does not wish to limit himself. In the Christian teaching, G-d becomes Man when he becomes Jesus. So G-d having a son limits Him as He becomes a Man. Also, having a son in general limits G-d because He created all of Humankind. To have only one son shows that he is limited like a Human father. That is why G-d does not have a son.
No.How much more bullshit are you going to post?
I am sorry if I was wrong.

But let's say Jesus was not G-d in the flesh. Let's say Jesus is the son of G-d. Then that still limits G-d as he created all of humankind. He does not choose to have a son as he does not want to limit himself the way a human father limits himself.
Explaining the holy Trinity to you would probably only take about 2000 years. I'm not up for it. But let's just say God did not become a man, Jesus was the son of God and was also god.
Alright. I am arguing this from a Jewish perspective, you see.

G-d never becomes human or projects himself through a human directly. There are prophets and writings in the Tanakh as well as the Torah which G-d dictated through Moses. But G-d as a man or G-d having a son are all human traits which G-d does not show. The brilliance of G-d is that he created all of Humanity. He does not need to show a miracle birth. In fact, G-d tells us to repair the world through works. He tells us not to rely on miracles.
You can argue whatever you want from a Jewish perspective, and I'll read. But you went on to take a guess about the Christian perspective and got it entirely wrong. Stick to Judaism.
Jews believe some of the miracles in the Bible happened for G-d to show us his power and mercy, and some were metaphorical. But G-d does not allow one to depend on miracles. One must physically repair the world. The Jewish belief is the Messiah will be a descendant of King David. He will be a great military leader. He will unite the tribes of Israel. And he will be a great Torah scholar.

But, with all due respect, Jews and Christians do have their differences. And that is worth arguing because the Old Testament (Tanakh) came first. And that is what Christianity and Islam are based on.
August 11, 2014, 05:56:52 AM
But if G-d had a son and became a man, then he would be limiting himself to human form. G-d is everywhere at once. He does not limit himself by becoming a human.
wait now you are saying something different. you said before that he CANNOT take a human form, but now you say that he DOES NOT take a human form. Which is it.
It would limit God if he stopped being God and became a man, but I don't understand how having a son who is a man would limit God.
He does not take a human form. He does not wish to limit himself. In the Christian teaching, G-d becomes Man when he becomes Jesus. So G-d having a son limits Him as He becomes a Man. Also, having a son in general limits G-d because He created all of Humankind. To have only one son shows that he is limited like a Human father. That is why G-d does not have a son.

But let's say Jesus was not G-d in the flesh. Let's say Jesus is the son of G-d. Then that still limits G-d as he created all of humankind. He does not choose to have a son as he does not want to limit himself the way a human father limits himself.
Explaining the holy Trinity to you would probably only take about 2000 years. I'm not up for it. But let's just say God did not become a man, Jesus was the son of God and was also god.

G-d never becomes human or projects himself through a human directly. There are prophets and writings in the Tanakh as well as the Torah which G-d dictated through Moses. But G-d as a man or G-d having a son are all human traits which G-d does not show. The brilliance of G-d is that he created all of Humanity. He does not need to show a miracle birth. In fact, G-d tells us to repair the world through works. He tells us not to rely on miracles.
You can argue whatever you want from a Jewish perspective, and I'll read. But you went on to take a guess about the Christian perspective and got it entirely wrong. Stick to Judaism.
August 11, 2014, 05:41:49 AM
Let's say Jesus is the son of G-d. Then that still limits G-d as he created all of humankind. He does not choose to have a son as he does not want to limit himself the way a human father limits himself.
really, this is all such bullshit.

You keep repeating it would limit him without explaining why it would limit him. Just saying it would limit him is not explaining why there would be a limit. Having a son does not limit a father, and God having a son would not limit a god.
August 11, 2014, 05:32:39 AM

August 09, 2014, 09:07:39 AM

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
August 09, 2014, 08:25:31 AM

But if God is God, can he not decide to have a son, and not be limited in the human way? Could he not desire this and make it so? I AM THAT I AM implies control. Could He that is limitless and free have perhaps wanted an avatar to interact with, and instruct his creation? Without mortal limitations? Is this in his power?
Pages:
Jump to: